Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ikalaki the Yama Arashi, Liberator of the Wood-Elves
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=41689
41689, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Ikalaki the Yama Arashi, Liberator of the Wood-Elves
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Sep 28 12:38:11 2005

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Ikalaki perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:38
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:75
41698, Rants and Raves
Posted by Ikalaki on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was really beginning to be a chore to get the fetish from the Tribunal every single time I woke. But that didn't bother me so much. I think what really, really made me angry was the degradation of roleplay in the mud in general.

Case in point. I had not been an outlander for very long, not ever fought any dwarves, was a goodie, didn't ever fight the fortress, and then one day, a gang of fortress dwarves summons me. I strangle and try to get out of there, but then get bashed to death by the dwarves in question. Fortress dwarves out hunting good-aligned people. THEN I get nearly FULL-LOOTED. I can understand if the death might have been a misunderstanding, maybe... I don't think they knew I was in Outlander, though and I wasn't hunting any of them. I was going after Imperials. But, there is absolutely no excuse to be full-looted by the fortress if you're a goodie. Most of my things were good-only and I didn't have anything worn that had an evil aura. Complete and utter lack of roleplay.

I am also of the opinion that the new Tribunal leader sacrafices roleplay for just trying to get the job done. I've witnessed things and heard complaints of all sorts of things he's done. Such as sancing an evil conjurer to attack Outlanders in town (no warrants, no deputizing, just allowing pk), warranting a healer that sat outside of the Captain and healing the one outlander that was trying to get the fetish back. I see this as highly questionable, since all the healer is doing is healing someone. That someone has a feasible reason for attacking the captain, but I can't see the argument of warranting someone who is helping another person in town. Another questionable thing would be summoning from the outside of the Spire to the executioner without being warranted or anything. I thought about sending up a pray to this, but it would be just more whining. There are other complaints I have about the new Provost and bad rp, but I'll leave it at that.

Tribunal: You are strong right now. I really don't have any complaints about how you handle most things. I think your new provost is horrible, though.

Outlanders: Still will always be my favorite cabal.

Imms: Thanks for the Wood-Elf immteraction thing. This was just really going to be a throw-away character, but it was fun to participate in the re-establishing of Evermoon.

Anyone who wants to comment or rant, feel free. I tried to fight most people fair. There were a few times where I had the opportunity to gang people, but for the most part, I hunted alone, even if it was against the odds. Assassins are quite fun, and though you lose the ability to assassinate when you join Outlander, there are plenty enough things to make up for it. Call beast/blindness was a favorite of mine against a group of enemies and I didn't have any qualms about attacking a group by my lonesome.
41699, RE: Rants and Raves
Posted by Quarena on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were quickly becoming my favorite outlander. Sorry about running out on you the other day, ooc things came up. Enjoyed all the fights we had together, and that one raid was great. You are right about the tribbys, there are questionable flags, but I just figure it will always be like that. Have fun, take it easy, and see you around in some form or another.
41704, RE: Rants and Raves
The great majority of tribunals do things like they're supposed to. When they make up new laws, like getting opposite-aligned people to attack Outlanders in town (thus performing an illegal act), then I'm a bit upset. Interpreting the law and making up your own are two separate things. But I digress.

I loved Quarena. You made things a lot of fun. I was even less afraid of fighting anything with you around. You even made me bold enough to go raid at the 38th rank. I enjoyed ranking with you, and I apologize if my rp was somewhat lacking. Oh well. Until next time.
41700, RE: Rants and Raves
Posted by Aryze Amakiir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bleh, I have found...well, I guess I just shut up when crap happens. Some things, have been questionable, but the last few days have been getting better, at least for me...

about the dwarves: They summon you, and yes I usually precieve that as an attack, but I guess since you lashed out(which in my eyes is exactly what most people would do, goodie or not) they took it as a threat. A dwarf summoned me once, but I sucked it up, and he let me go(I didn't exactly let him go without some yelling, of course, tee hee)

The new provost, well I have seen, some interesting things to say the least, I used to like him before playing this outtie, but not anymore(but it can be because I am now an enemy, rather than a semi-friend). I really think you should have stuck with it, but if it ceases to be fun, then well leave I Guess.

Well, I am just going to continue on, and see what happens, do come back into outtie!
41703, RE: Rants and Raves
I liked Aryze, I really did. I apologize for not helping you rank up more. I know things can be tough for a shifter. Anyway, I always liked your roleplay. Keep plugging at it! :)
41707, RE: Rants and Raves
Posted by Tanril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hrmph!

Sorry to see you go, I enjoyed talking with you and was glad there someone around to help get the fetish back. Try doing it as a wanted elf invoker sometime :P

Good luck with whatever you try next and remember:

Don't let the man get you down!
41709, Your death
Posted by Brinrok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What you have to realize is that not all things happen exactly as you see them. I stepped onto the river, and though you probably weren't standing next to the Imperial, all I saw was that both of you were on the river, leading me to believe that you were in his ranking party. I summoned him, and we killed him, then I summoned you, with my intention to check out your path, but you strangled me. You then had plenty of time to get out, and as I was strangled, I still thought you were with the Imperial, then I get woken up and you have had plenty of time to yell 'Hey, I don't wan't any trouble' or just plain get out of there, but instead, you stuck around the whole time, and I still have no way of knowing you aren't evil, though at this point, I'm thinking, this guy is a neutral who was grouped with the Imperial killing lightwalkers, and, who attacked me. So, I run up to my buddy and say bash him, then summon you and we kill you. It's not like we then proceeded to leave you naked, as you had a piece of gear in every slot after your death, you just lost your super set is all, which I'm sure you looted from some hero anyway. You have to realize, it's not like we were like, oh, there's a lightwalking assassin, let's gang him down. I thought you were with the Imperial, ranking on paladins.
41712, That's atrocious.
Posted by Gnarugk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You should not be a maran if that's how it went down. There's no justification for what happened unless he sat there gunning at you the whole time, insisting on dying. From both sides, it's apparent he didn't, and summoning him is an incredibly aggressive move to 'check his alignment.' I'd be pissed about that kinda of #### too. Maran isn't a kill first/ask questions later cabal. You apparently don't know that, or don't care. Either way, it's atrocious roleplay for a maran.
41715, RE: That's atrocious.
Posted by Evil Genius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>You should not be a maran if that's how it went down.
>There's no justification for what happened unless he sat there
>gunning at you the whole time, insisting on dying. From both
>sides, it's apparent he didn't, and summoning him is an
>incredibly aggressive move to 'check his alignment.' I'd be
>pissed about that kinda of #### too. Maran isn't a kill
>first/ask questions later cabal. You apparently don't know
>that, or don't care. Either way, it's atrocious roleplay for
>a maran.

The paladin was rude, the assassin was aggressive.
In that case, the assassin was a moron if he wants to plead that he was attacked.
41713, Riiight...
You're a shaman. You have detect good. Anyone summoned would react defensively, so I strangled you. Since you were alone for the moment, I tried to blind you too so you wouldn't reawake, summon, and then bash. I failed two blind attempts before I said "forget it" and tried to get out of there, at which time the other dwarf started bashing me. Fine. Misunderstanding, whatever. Whatever I was wearing, you would have been able to tell I was a goodie because of the good-only rings and whatnot. When you and the other dwarves were finished looting, I had two neckware items and a ring left. I don't see how it could even be considered Fortress roleplaying to nearly full-loot a good-aligned character in a gang situation. I don't even really care about the set. I lose sets all the time.
41716, RE: Riiight...
>You're a shaman. You have detect good. Anyone summoned would
>react defensively, so I strangled you.

Wait, you just said you were good. Why would you attack a good man, just because he summoned you? Oh wait, it was -you- who wasn't being very good, randomly thugging on people who looked at you sideways.
41726, In her defense:
Posted by Random outtie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Summoning is almost always considered an aggressive attack. She probably thought that she was going to get attacked, and thus she tried to strangle...and then run out. At that point, strangling was probably her most defensive move, and most anyone(yes, even goodies) will fight to defend themselves, which in this case she most certainly thought she would have to. Perhaps she was a bit hasty(can't be quite sure) but based on the circumstances, there is nothing wrong with her trying to defend herself.
41733, RE: In her defense:
She had plenty of time to get out of there, as in, the length of time it took for the warrior to run up to the other side of the river, kill the Imperial, and come back and wake me up. If she was still there after all that time, without yelling that she didn't want trouble, then she was after some trouble.
41742, RE: In her defense:
>Summoning is almost always considered an aggressive attack.

Who by? I don't consider it that, especially when it's by another goodie that i allegedly have no beef with.

>She probably thought that she was going to get attacked, and
>thus she tried to strangle...and then run out.

Why didn't she just run out? If you can summon, you can walk away.
Hell you can even attack if you want but don't you dare lame the beef with others.

> At that point,
>strangling was probably her most defensive move,

Walking away was, strangle is notorious for failing.

>and most
>anyone(yes, even goodies) will fight to defend themselves,
>which in this case she most certainly thought she would have
>to.

Yeah "thought she would have to". Suprise, she never did, she attacked, she didn't defend herself.

>Perhaps she was a bit hasty(can't be quite sure) but
>based on the circumstances, there is nothing wrong with her
>trying to defend herself.

I don't even know either of these individuals, but your definition of the word "good" appears to be woefully different to mine. I'll tell the british army to just start shooting at people who look shifty ... just in case.
41727, Evil genius? Sarcasm I hope?
Posted by Granaak_Work on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Summoning is easily one of the most aggressive moves out there..especially if you're with someone else.

To the goodie:
> you just lost your super set is all

You were gunning for his set the whole time chief.
41732, RE: Evil genius? Sarcasm I hope?
My motivation is thus. I see a person on the river who very much appears to be ranking on paladins with the Imperial. I have never seen said person before, so I summon said person to me, alone, as I cannot harm the Imperial and my one group mate could, and he went running up to fight the Imperial. If said person is evil, I kill them, if person is not, I apologize. I am attacked before I get a chance to look and see the alignment of the person. Meanwhile, assassin sticks around long enough for my groupmate to kill the Imperial and come back, so when we kill the assassin, I still am under the thought that assassin was with the Imperial. Yes, mistake there, what do you want me to do, voluntarily take away my birthday? He comes back and tells us he is Outlander, this makes be believe, even now, after he is deleted, that his intention was to attempt to kill the two of us because we are dwarves, and when he failed, he said he never had any intention of attacking us. He had plenty of time to get out, plenty of time to say that he wanted no trouble, plenty of chances to just plain hide, as I believe an assassin can do on that river, but even if not, he still had plenty of time to get out of there, via 'q return, q transportation' or just hoofing it out of there. As far as all of his good only gear that he claims to have, I recall two wide copper bracelets and leggings of Tiamat, and that is the only gear I recall.
41734, RE: Evil genius? Sarcasm I hope?
At least, this is how I remember it happening, though I admit, I don't have a perfect recollection of the events.
41739, RE: Evil genius? Sarcasm I hope?
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Summoning is easily one of the most aggressive moves out
>there..especially if you're with someone else.

Sweet Jesus I agree with Granaak.

Call Hell and check the temperature!
41741, RE: Evil genius? Sarcasm I hope?
>>Summoning is easily one of the most aggressive moves out
>>there..especially if you're with someone else.
>
>Sweet Jesus I agree with Granaak.
>
>Call Hell and check the temperature!

Since when did Summon start a fight? All it does is make the people stand in the room together. Next you'll say 2 paladins standing in a room together is just HOLLERING for a cage match.

Some people are just lazy, always have been always will be.

I find it laughable that someone who starts the fight complains about others being aggressive.
41747, RE: Evil genius? Sarcasm I hope?
Summon is not itself an attack, but when not invited, it preceeds a fight 99% of the time. It is the closest CF equivalent of going up to a stranger on the street, pulling a gun out, loudly cocking it, shoving it in their face and screaming "You ready to DIE, ####?!"

In either case, anyone not retarded can read the writing on the wall.
41748, Well said. nt
Posted by Nightwiggler on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
41749, RE: Evil genius? Sarcasm I hope?
Posted by Karel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You sir have a magical way with words.
41752, RE: Evil genius? Sarcasm I hope?
>Summon is not itself an attack, but when not invited, it
>preceeds a fight 99% of the time. It is the closest CF
>equivalent of going up to a stranger on the street, pulling a
>gun out, loudly cocking it, shoving it in their face and
>screaming "You ready to DIE, ####?!"
>
>In either case, anyone not retarded can read the writing on
>the wall.

Yeah, but i've never seen the Pope do that to a Cardinal.
One guy has detect evil, the other guy knows it's a paladin he's against.

If they were both evil I could fully understand the shoot first, ask questions later mentality.
41756, Evil Above-Average Mind, maybe
One is a shaman, the other is an assassin. One is a dwarf, the other is Outlander. Paranoia struck the Outlander and rather than flee only to get summoned again, the assassin strangled. Maybe a bad move, maybe not. The death in itself is questionable, but not the entire reason for this string. After finding out that said assassin was goodly (certain rings in the corpse, good-only wrath swords, etc.), the maranly thing to do would be to leave it alone or just take a few things or even ask questions as to why the assassin strangled the dwarf. None of that happened. They only found out I was Outlander after I returned to my corpse to find a couple of things left (two necklaces and a ring), gathered them, and after a few moments skinned them. When I got there, they looked at me and said nothing. Evil Genius, its nice that you want to argue "The assassin was aggressive! She was! She was so horribly aggressive for taking initiative against not getting attacked! She deserved to die just for that!" but this isn't solely what it was about. To the dwarf who said that I should yell out "I'm a goodie! Leave me alone!", first, there wasn't enough time after the summon, second, it wouldn't be good roleplay on my part, and third, it wouldn't be realistic for someone to yell out every time someone sees another person come down the road.
You don't see the Pope walking down the hall and noticing an unfamiliar Swiss guard walking along minding his own business and shout "Hey Swissy! I'm good! Leave me alone!"
41758, RE: Evil Above-Average Mind, maybe
>After
>finding out that said assassin was goodly (certain rings in
>the corpse, good-only wrath swords, etc.)

Wait, because the assassin had some good-only equipment in his corpse he should overlook the fact that he was quite ready and willing to assault a paladin with no great provocation?

>Evil Genius, its nice that you want to argue
>"The assassin was aggressive!

No, i just want to point out that someones got a big pair of cojones to blame others for their #### up.
41759, hmm more...defense
Posted by Tiera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Summoning is a VERY aggressive move. Anyone would feel threaten at that point. Sure she may have overreacted, but when you are summon the first thing you think is you are going to get attacked...so you do either 1) Run, run as fast as you can, or 2)Lash out. I am usually in category 1 and thats because I am a wimp, but still I know that if I was buffer I would probably lash out. Think about this, scared animals tend to lash out. I am sure she was at least startled, and thought she was going to be attacked. I think she was justified in being at least a bit upset, as I almost did that with my goodie when I was in the same situation(the only thing I stopped me was curiousity).
41762, RE: Evil Above-Average Mind, maybe

>willing to assault a paladin with no great provocation?

We get that you don't think it's great provocation, but pretty much everyone else does. Including me, and I'm always right. :P
41765, Aside:
The more I thought about this, the more I thought a more appropriate analogy would be breaking into a stranger's house unannounced in the middle of the night because you wanted to check their smoke alarms and make sure they were working.

Are they in the right if they get the wrong idea and gun you down in the dark? Not really. Were you doing something that anyone should see will almost certainly be misinterpreted and could be accomplished better five other ways? Yep.

The moral high ground, such as it is, doesn't help you a whole lot after you've been shot prowling around some dude's hallway at midnight and posthumously win the Darwin Award. And if you do not die but instead fire back to kill rather than take this opportunity to explain yourself, you've more than yielded said moral high ground. If you further start robbing the house, you're well into criminally insane.
41766, RE: Aside:
I would just like to say that it was never my intention to point a finger at the assassin at all, but rather, to defend myself, and the other Fortress members involved in the fighting. About a half hour before, we'd broke up the Imperial learning in the same place with a group. We went down and were fighting drow students and came back and saw three people on the river, with no preplanning had to go into fighting. Given the circumstances, I would say that I was 95% certain that the assassin was ranking with the Imperial. Let me repeat, I was nearly positive that the assassin was ranking with the Imperial. In this situation, I would have been wrong. But I summoned, and did not get a chance to look at the room to determine path before I was attacked, but the attack only led me to believe even more that this assassin had been ranking with the Imperial. When the assassin stuck around for 2-3 ticks after that, not a matter of seconds as he is saying, trying to blindness dust me, I was even more positive he was with the Imperial. We killed him and we took the things that improved what we had, putting our things on the ground as I recall, but apparently, the Imperial got them first. We didn't stick around long, because it was a raid that made us come back from the Underdark, so we had to continue on and defend. Hell, I knew the assassin was an Outlander, but until his deletion thread, I didn't know he was a lightwalker, as we took off almost right after the fighting to go and defend. Yes, summon is almost always an aggressive move. No, I don't think the assassin screwed up, but no, Brinrok is not played in a powergamer type of style in the least. I have put many limitations on him that go far above and beyond the call of a Lightwalker RP. The situation was such that until he said he was an Outlander to me, I would have put the chances of him being with the Imperial at 100%. And it never crossed my mind until his deletion thread that he was a lightwalker. I wish I had a log of this fight, but I don't. I wish he had a log of the fight, but he doesn't. Most importantly, I probably should have just let it go and not said anything, but I was trying to tell him "No, Carrionfields is not a game for powergamers, nor am I, this was just an extenuating circumstance, and a misunderstanding, which happens in real life, as well as in Carrionfields."
Why am I going so much in depth in response to you?
*What's going through my head*
Oh hell, an high Imm is taking a position very much against the actions of my character. Is he about to get screwed over for a misunderstanding?
I still very much think that my actions were correct, based on the information I had at the time, and I hope my character isn't now screwed because of this, but who knows? Anyway, this is a long response to your statement, but felt it was important to make one last attempt at explaining where I was coming from, as well as the other two fortress members that were involved in the incident.
41809, RE: Aside:
Tribunals don't flag for summoning. Attacking after being summoned would get you flagged.
It's not hard really. The paladin was rude, the assassin was aggressive.

It's an argument that's going nowhere because i know that i've certainly been summoned enough times in the past and didn't hit the person.
41786, I have to say I agree
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I summon someone, it is either:

a) I plan to attack,
b) I don't plan to attack but I'm demonstrating that I can treat them as I wish and know they can do nothing,
c) I know they'll realise that I am not an enemy (e.g. it might be someone I group with a lot).

a) and b) are both deserving of a good smashing by whoever I summon, if they are able.
41843, I was just down there...
Posted by Granaak_Work on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But if I told you what the temperature said my post would get deleted and the thread would get locked!

haha!
41730, The final word about this from me
Not really the point so much. What I did was within roleplay bounds, at least, since Outlanders and dwarves do not go hand in hand. But I hadn't attacked any dwarves up to this point and would have been happy to go along my merry way. However, when someone is summoning you into a group unannounced, you take defensive actions. I didn't want to flee and get summoned again, so I strangled. I wasn't sitting on the river in the first place spamming "strangle dwarf". Trying to blind was my foolishness because I should have just tried to get away. The resulting lag from trying two times to blind (first failure was due to being dragged along by the currents) and then other dwarves walking in and bash, bash, bash. I can accept the death, but not what happened afterwards.

It was a situation in which I can't comprehend the roleplay from their side. Since I wasn't standing anywhere near the Imperial I was trying to chase, I can't see how "summon assassin" just to look at what they stand for is feasible. What if I was a goodie rager? Asking "Were you with that Imperial?" instead of just assuming, summoning, killing, then looting would have been a far better choice rp-wise. Anyone else would be quite perturbed as well.

I may also have accepted taking a few things, as it wasn't all that bad of a kill - A shaman summons, thus gangs will happen when they're around. But I don't recall ever full-looting anyone with this character, though it happened to me a few times, and while I would expect it from Tribunal or Empire, not from same-aligned Fortress members whom I haven't ever offended in the past. People will play as they play and the game will continue to degrade. I don't place this fault on the imms, but just people whose greed overwhelms their sense of good roleplay (with the exception of the roleplay being bent towards greed).
41725, RE: Your death
Posted by Goodie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Killing him may or may not have been a misunderstaning. I wasn't there so I can't possibly know the collective motivations at the time amongst those involved.

However, looting him of anything was completely unconscionable. Had I been the mortal leader or the Imm, I would've booted you immediately from the Fort. There is simply no excuse for a Fort member to loot ANYTHING from a lightwalker (to be honest I feel that way for any lightwalker even if their cabals are at war such as Spire/Outlander). Once you found out you should've returned everything.

So quit rationalizing your actions, you messed up and you should've been punished for it.
41714, RE: Rants and Raves
Posted by Hogne on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some good fights, and i hoped for more. You seemed like a fine char from our talks. Fire seeds is a bitch for felars, even though mine are nothing like Baltherias`s.

Good luck with your next!
41728, Fire seeds...
::shudder:: I remember one time I went from 61% health (umm.. maybe 450 worth of hp) to dead in a single fireseed throw. I would have liked to continue our fights, but I couldn't think of any way to really nullify you other than blind, poison smoke, and get out of dodge. I was eating up damage from your pets and with the armor or thorns, I didn't have a way to really stun you. Good fights, nonetheless. Tribunal druids are wicked (especially as vindicators).
41719, RE: Rants and Raves
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Imms: Thanks for the Wood-Elf immteraction thing. This was just really going to be a throw-away character, but it was fun to participate in the re-establishing of Evermoon.

You're welcome, and glad you enjoyed it. I can't really comment further on the character since I have only turned an eye towards mortals again very recently, but you handled yourself well in the 'quest'.
41729, Cheers!
I'm just glad to have you back. :)
41696, Why!?
Posted by Aryze Amakiir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
bleh, why did you have to delete? It was...well I guess fun(if you can call ranking fun) ranking with you a lot, eh? But, other than that, I didn't get to really see you much :< oh well, I still have a few other friends...and good luck with your next