Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Boilard the Holy of Faith
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=41554
41554, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Boilard the Holy of Faith
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Sep 22 02:20:43 2005

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Boilard perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:148
41667, There is nothing new under the sun.
Posted by Myrddin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I played Myrddin a human bard in Arbiters back in 97 or so. I went to Hell with hardened criminals. I got uninducted for it. There is nothing special or new about your experience. Break RP, get nuked, its always been that way.
41679, For all the nattering back and forth...
Posted by Nightwiggler on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think this post should really put an end to the whole thing.

Precedent, yo.
41563, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Boilard the Holy of Faith
Posted by Gondrak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This sucks.

Our times didn't overlap, but I loved having a shaman around. I don't know what happened in there...but, damn.

Come on back, and well done.
Andy
41602, A small request
Posted by Meakanera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would appreciate it if you removed my comments and anything about me from your logs. It is an in character issue and people are complaining about #### when they only know half the story. Nothing has happened to me as a character that I don't see immortal justification for.

I enjoyed your character and we worked well together. You were a bit suicidal for me liking. :P Good luck with the next one and keep on trucking.
41604, You got it chief, have a good run -nt
Posted by B on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
41606, RE: A small request
Posted by Eskelian Unreg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know what the outlanders did but the Scions did very little that justifies booting them mid-hell trip. After seeing that I don't know why anyone would play a Scion. Its one thing being a boot friendly cabal, its another thing overexaggering something and spam-booting people during what should be a fun time for them as players. Whatever Valg accomplished didn't add anything to the game for anyone besides himself. The game should be realistic but not so much that it isn't fun.
41607, Just some thoughts(and a disclaimer)
Posted by Dorn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am not writing this to rant at all. I'm also not saying this to try to create flames, or to ruin Boilard's thread. They are my opinions, and please just take them for what they are worth.

>I don't know what the outlanders did but the Scions did very little that justifies booting them mid-hell trip.

Well one of them called a nightwalker, and it was attacked. I would think that any attack on a nightwalker would be an attack on Scion itself. In any other situation, I would have been shocked to not see Scions jump anyone that attacked their nightwalkers. That it happened during an explore trip shouldn't matter.

>Its one thing being a boot friendly cabal, its another thing overexaggering something and spam-booting people during what should be a fun time for them as players.

Again, where you are should have no influence on rp consequences.

>Whatever Valg accomplished didn't add anything to the game for anyone besides himself.

I'm not sure why everyone assumes this was Valg, but I can't say it wasn't either. Also, some of us happen to like Valg, and the upper imms must think he's all right as well. Give the guy a break.

>The game should be realistic but not so much that it isn't fun.

If consequences for ic actions get you down, then think before you act(or didn't act in this case i.e. smacking the outlanders for daring to attack a nightwalker), or don't play evil cabals that are vicious for infractions.
41608, Yeah I'm sorta with Valg or whoever did this on this matter
Posted by Runaktla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Scions are about bringing creatures to this plane, they
shouldn't be looking to ruin their reputation on this plane
by allowing others to interfere. I've had an Outlander who
assisted me attack my Nightwalker (Dalbiddle) during an
Empire raid, and we at least fought after I released the
Nightwalker, and then I told him to lay off my conjurers.
(He didn't =)). Ain't no way a Scion should put their so-
called planar allies in a situation like that.

- Runaktla
41616, RE: Yeah I'm sorta with Valg or whoever did this on this matter
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Um, we got into a fight with a nightwalker in my presence. I forget what instigated it, but you be a hypocrit. None of us got booted.

I played Rastorenn, btw.

That doesn't scratch the surface on why evil outlanders now get booted for grouping with scions either, or how 3/4 players involved are in the top 10 players in this game who have never been accused of bad roleplay.

Whatever though.
41618, If it did happen, circumstances were different
Posted by Runaktla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd have to say that I felt that my character was very clear
about the relationship between the Chasm and their other-planar
beings. Although I have absolutely no idea what incident you
are referring to, the fact that I made it primo in Runaktla's
mind to have a scholarly approach to how to deal with the
"planar beings" somewhat offends me, hearing this. Here's my
take on this, on what -may- be the differences, if what you
said actually happened:
(1) There -might- be a past history with the particular Scions
that got booted, which you don't know/aren't revealing, and
this could have been the icing on the cake.
(2) Ortelot did screw up in what he says. AFAIK the Scion/
Nightwalker relationship isn't one of pure control, it's mostly
voluntary alliance, and he obviously did not understand that.
(3) The Scion group got shown-up by the Outlander group on the
scale of evilness. Outlander evils did what they did without
warning - it made the Scion group look like pansies for taking
it without as little as threatening the Outlanders.
(4) Zilopza didn't start with faerie fire, suspect of an intent
to allow him to survive, which would demean the Archmage's
orders.

Scion is an evil cabal, if the archmage sits on his thumb and
just hands out warnings it kinda discredits the evilness, and
chances are, Ortelot could probably be re-inducted later. Also
Scion Immortals, generally through the Archmage, commonly force
their members to police themselves. To me, I think this is a
good thing.

Also, not all people who have never been accused of bad
roleplay can never screw up, and not all people who are always
accused of bad roleplay can never do good (Drudental, went from
that to Judaao (okay, sorta), then went to Raheena(good)) Also,
some people are good at roleplaying X role but not Y role.

Anyways, please try to remember the time that I let my
Nightwalker get attacked without repercussions.

- Runaktla
41620, Actually i must say...
Posted by Zilopza on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... That i was a little out of mind here... I was kinda confused to whom should be killed or what, the archmage said slay the fool yes, but i wasnt 100% sure it was Ortelot who should be killed. Therefor i asked around first, when i realised it was Ortelot, i asked the Outlanders to stay out of the fight first becuase it was a scion thing. Second of all i was waiting to see if he was uninducted. I mean, when the Archmage says kill xxx, my experience is that xxx usually ends up uninducted as well, but Ortelot didnt and thats why i was so "slow" on the trigger so to speak. That being said, i screw up with faerie fire yes, why i dunno... Not on purpose though!

But enough of this... I think the most things have been said in this threat so far.

Zilopza
41622, RE: Yeah I'm sorta with Valg or whoever did this on this matter
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>or how 3/4 players
>involved are in the top 10 players in this game who have never
>been accused of bad roleplay.

Heh. There are some good players there, but that statement doesn't hold water. Never been accused of bad roleplay among this peanut gallery is like being the dude completely without sin that Jesus says should throw stones, except ten times more ####ing rare.
41625, Allow me to clarify this:
Do you think there are ANY players who make prominent characters, who have been around for a while, that some random crackhead at some point hasn't accused, correctly or not, of poor RP? I don't. It's like trying to be a top-level politician that isn't accused of lying by someone at some point. It just doesn't happen.
41627, I agree.
Posted by Enbuergo1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If only because half the time you're the crackhead making the potshots on this forum.
41629, I do love crack.
But I'm also always right, in case you hadn't noticed. :)
41613, Just some thoughts.
Posted by Eskelian Unreg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I am not writing this to rant at all. I'm also not saying
>this to try to create flames, or to ruin Boilard's thread.
>They are my opinions, and please just take them for what they
>are worth.
>
>>I don't know what the outlanders did but the Scions did very
>little that justifies booting them mid-hell trip.
>
>Well one of them called a nightwalker, and it was attacked. I
>would think that any attack on a nightwalker would be an
>attack on Scion itself. In any other situation, I would have
>been shocked to not see Scions jump anyone that attacked their
>nightwalkers. That it happened during an explore trip
>shouldn't matter.

It happens though. I've had, hrm, five or so Scions, and I've seen it happen a lot. I've never seen mass bootings over it, or a ####-fit on CB.

>
>>Its one thing being a boot friendly cabal, its another thing
>overexaggering something and spam-booting people during what
>should be a fun time for them as players.
>
>Again, where you are should have no influence on rp
>consequences.

Alright, so tell me, who enjoyed this whole thing and what did it add to the enjoyment of the game?

>
>>Whatever Valg accomplished didn't add anything to the game
>for anyone besides himself.
>
>I'm not sure why everyone assumes this was Valg, but I can't
>say it wasn't either. Also, some of us happen to like Valg,
>and the upper imms must think he's all right as well. Give
>the guy a break.

Because on his PBF it says "Inducted to None by Valguarnera". Look at the timeline. I'm not 'spreading rumors', it says it in plain english.

>
>>The game should be realistic but not so much that it isn't
>fun.
>
>If consequences for ic actions get you down, then think before
>you act(or didn't act in this case i.e. smacking the
>outlanders for daring to attack a nightwalker), or don't play
>evil cabals that are vicious for infractions.

The game is meant to be fun.

Who got any fun out of that?
How did it improve anything?
How did it further Scion's goals?

I'm all for booting people for stuff like that.

But at the end of the day, this is a GAME.

Some people try for multiple chars to get into Hell. Some have tried over the course of years. Then if someone manages to get in, and that happens, and they catch a boot and their whole trip is ruined...

Well, whatever. I don't think we need to castrate people during the middle of what should be one of the most enticing things about playing this game.
41615, RE: Just some thoughts.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Alright, so tell me, who enjoyed this whole thing and what did
>it add to the enjoyment of the game?

People who enjoy it:

1. Me. It was humorous to watch happen, second-hand.
2. Those with characters who can now join Scion because there are vacant spots enjoy it.
3. Ditto for Outlander.
4. Those who dislike sharing the game with others who, by their estimation, have suspect role-play.
41617, RE: Just some thoughts.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So, in otherwords, assholes who like to see bad things happen to other people and like shortening the playerbase.

Thanks for helping my point.
41621, RE: Just some thoughts.
Edit: Hit post by mistake without entering new text yet.

>Some people try for multiple chars to get into Hell. Some have
>tried over the course of years. Then if someone manages to get
>in, and that happens, and they catch a boot and their whole
>trip is ruined...

>Well, whatever. I don't think we need to castrate people
>during the middle of what should be one of the most enticing
>things about playing this game.

First point: Hell trips are high profile all around. Even the players that only really turn on the RP when they expect to be watched should be expecting it at this point.

Second point: Having watched a bit of the Hell trip, this wasn't what I'd call some grand exploration experience. This was a group of mostly vets who knew exactly where they were going walking directly from piece of top gear to piece of top gear. There's nothing wrong with that, but at the same time, I wouldn't expect that to shield you from the responsibilities of your cabal any more than I'd say "You can't toss that guy for not showing for a raid! He's killing Shadar Lunn for gear!"
41664, RE: Just some thoughts.
Posted by Evil Genius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>There's nothing wrong with that, but at the same time,
>I wouldn't expect that to shield you from the responsibilities
>of your cabal any more than I'd say "You can't toss that guy
>for not showing for a raid! He's killing Shadar Lunn for
>gear!"

Out of interest, how seriously is this taken? I ask because i'm certainly aware of previous hell trips where the opportunity has been taken to violate the empty cabal and since people have been off in the land of far-away they've not returned and no-one has been kicked...Hasn't even been Hell, just when people are in places it can be a pain to return from quickly.

Edit: Is it just one of these case-by-case things?
41668, re: Cabal defense:
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think anyone's going to get upset if you don't defend because you're either not aware of the raid (i.e. you're in a place where the guardians can't reach you) or you're somewhere where it's not possible to reasonably get back in time, which would include Hell.

That said, when you get back, you have some business to do, time permitting.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
41609, RE: A small request
Posted by Kads on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having played numerous scions, chancellors and what not il tell you this much. If a groupmate attacked my Nightwalker, no matter who what where I was that person would be getting ####housed. From and RP stand point the relationship with scion and nightwalkers is or atleast should be every bit as intense as say wild creatures and outlanders. As far as realism and fun.. remember the whole RP is mandatory thing? A hell trip isnt exception to RP. As far as Valg adding to the game, not everyone has the time to sit around and piss and moan about everything like you do. So yeah il give a hearty screw you to valg ;)

Much Love
41614, RE: A small request
Posted by Eskelian Unreg. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're right, I'm just pissing and moaning. The game isn't supposed to be fun, its just about following rules. Sorry for interupting your imaginary second world where your alter ego exists. If you really feel that honoring a creature versus getting the boot is more important than whether or not 4 heroes have fun then you play for different reasons than I do.

A boot would've been fine, but let them do their thing first. The only reason they were being watched is where they are and that is why they were booted. Some prick looking for reasons to ruin someone elses experience. I don't dig that.
41624, another small request
Posted by Dumb_Claw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
please rinse the sand out of your crevices and find something real to cry about
41587, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Boilard the Holy of Faith
Posted by Forsk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go.. well I am anyway. Forsk wont be. We were bitter enemies the minute we were in each others pk. I got some licks in you did as well. All around impressive shaman who knew what he was doing...
We did a lot of solo and group fighting I wish we had gotten to interact a little more but maybe with your next char.

Laters man

Forsk
41590, Damn right, we fought hard.
After our first fights at what? Rank 18 or 20? I knew you were going to grow up and just be trouble. So well done.

Honestly, I'm surprised with all the responses I've had so far. This guy Boilard was my first shaman and just a test character really, I rolled him to help Scion out when they were in their slump.

Anyway, you got a lot of life left in you. Who knows maybe I'll see what kind of leader you are ;)
41583, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Boilard the Holy of Faith
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nice job. Never got any interactions but you had balls and played agaisnt some poor odds. Fought you a bit with a failed shifter of mine Murdanthilus (Moongoose/Alligator). Nothing too memorable from my end, but you were always one to mix it up. Liked your logs on Dioxides too. They gave me even more respect for you as a player. Especially the Gortol dismemberment!

41588, Was fun I admit.
Definetly remember you, I burned through 1500 mana with you every fight, luckily I seemed to get the plague to stick early on.

Your title was a joke, you did not deserve that. You have me as a witness to you fighting whatever evil was around, whenever. It wasnt like you were going out of your way to gang people down.

Just absurd.

Anyway, hope your next is enjoyable.
41575, I was impressed....
Posted by shamanman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was very impressed at how well you handled yourself in front of Irespal. I usually killed/drove off/did well against priests because of crushing blow, but you beat my ass. I think when we were both at hero we would have had better fights..except the two we had, rot killed me in an hour:P oh well, thanks for never backing down and teaching me how to handle shamans better.
41581, Hey.
Nice job sticking it out longer this time regarding con, to bad they titled you, because I rarely started with rot on anyone.

If your one of those players that is always looking for their "breaking" char I think yours is coming up soon...if not and I hope you're not good job with this one, and GL with the next.
41584, What do you mean by breaking char? nt
f
41585, Oh I'll explain
It seems like everyone aims for their "breaking" char. The one that gets titled, three legacy's, 4 virtues, 150,000 kills whatever.

I dont think people should play for that. If you like to RP fine RP, if you like PK, fine PK. But dont play to make something of yourself in CF..then you just end up like some Imm's ;)

I'm not saying you are, just explaining what I ment.

GJ with your char again.
41591, Oh, heh, I'm so poor at pk, and my ratios are so sorry thats not happening:P nt
f
41574, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Boilard the Holy of Faith
Posted by Dulmisa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had few fights and for some reason I won most of them, good job though, that time at the fortress when I was retrieving and you allmost snuk up on me was pretty irritating, you withered and right after that boiled leather shield snatched my sword then next round you word! Good luck with your next.
41580, You have forced me to say this.
I have never said I apologize to someone for a poor fight. However that one at Balator where I died. I just was not paying attention, one of those things where you're mind is elsewhere. So to bad for that, if I had paid any sort of attention and fled, healed up and came back (like any shaman would do) That would have been a nice one.

41565, Couldn't live without your perma, huh?~
Posted by Tiburo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
41567, Couldnt hack it past 40? ;) Buy your pbf, I want to see your kill count -nt
41561, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Boilard the Holy of Faith
Posted by Koai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dam you frustraded me..

well was fun fighting you even though I seldom won or even came out
on top... so...

well.. enjoyed our fights usually, not when you were rotting me
ahh.. well...

see ya in the fields..
41569, Blame Aorsax for that ;) , you kept me flying nice work-nt