Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Grogogh the Chieftain of the Grinning Skulls
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=41463
41463, (DELETED) [None] Grogogh the Chieftain of the Grinning Skulls
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Sep 18 00:45:23 2005

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Grogogh perished, never to return.
Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:262
41509, So....Goodbye
Posted by Grogogh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I slowed down when I neared hero, the outlanders did a great job of keeping me down. I wanted to quit everynight that I played but kept going, talking the tribunals to my side kept me alive (Big shout out to dazan) and I kept going, I was very lazy and didn't keep elf blood or about any of the preps I know but I had a great time and was very strong when I played my best. Towards the end I just didn't have the heart to delete, I really wanted someone to challenge me because I've never even heard of it actually being done but I'm done and nobody will challenge me so lets make it official.

Btw: Your wrong Jhyrbian, the assemble timer does reset upon every death, very little of anything was toned down; savage gives slightly less damage but I did hit damage you said was not possible. I did solo both Faltorn and Brindelbin with no preps (I reduced to bash brind in one fight and took him without it as well) so dont' say an orc can't handle ragers unprepped...I did everything I said I could and orcs are now capable of even more, I would not be so quick to trash any of the old or new skills because orcs are very much overpowered; I am not one of the greatest...for some reason...but Orcs are very very strong. If you asked anyone that ranked with me nobody at all outdamaged me and with plenty of elf blood I could out tank anyone at the same time; the last few ranks are the rough ones but you just have to ally with one cabal to do it.

I had a great time and learned a great deal, I'll do it again.

Zheesus
41511, Goodbye
Posted by Lacirama on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I tryed but I could not quite grasp your RP. You sure were different from the other Orcs.

Have fun with your next. :)
41515, Heheh.
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was going to call you delirious until I saw you were Zheesus and knew it was true already.

I can buy that orcs can PK, they're very offensively oriented and should easily be able to kill. I can say though that the majority of orcs I've fought I've spanked like red-headed step-children because they can't tank. In the grand scheme of things they aren't overpowered. I don't find them underpowered either, I'd just be too annoyed to play a class that couldn't tank well.

Grogogh was cool, I ran with you a bit. Regardless, I think you overestimate their uber-ness. Having played paladins and vindicators and druids and shamans I can say without a doubt orcs don't have #### on them as far as overall 'goodness'.
41547, Well
I think they can beat any of them in the right hands, I wasn't half as patient in gathering blood and preps as I should have been and I'm just not the greatest player.
41557, RE: Well
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A druid who preps with stoneskin, haste, uses exotics instead of axes to tank, shield potions, etc on the same level of prepping as an orc should rape an orc every time. Apply the same for paladins, a 2h with decent gear who preps should have enough tanking and damage reduction and still hit you like a truck through your preps without sanc.

As an orc I'd find a partner in crime, a shaman to dispel priest's or a healer or a transmuter for haste, even a warrior to tank. That would in my opinion really make their damage/lagging capabilities stand to the forefront.
41558, I'd just join Battle. nt
Posted by Laearrist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If that was an option anyway.
41692, Hmm
I just like being alone on the mud. Orcs make an amazing pk partner for anything you put aside them, I would rank alone if the code wasn't changed so heavily to prevent skills from moving very quick.....which is a side note; in another post here someone says they know for a fact that I was always prepped but the fact was I had mastered defenses in the 30's, along with most of my other skills.....doing it over again I would have mastered headbutt early on which is a killer that I killed healers with and druids; even if I didn't end up with the last hit in all of them. You all continue to underestimate the orcs raw power, even alone, even unprepped. With more elf blood I could have easily handled Daldibble unprepped considering I had him gushing so easily before I had to flee (headbutt people)............Anyway Have fun with your orc hating so I can have the throne easier whenever I play.
41524, Straklaw got challenged once.
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It turned out to be a very unpleasant situation for his challenger, and a little buggy. I never actually got Chieftain back even though I killed him, so I had to re-challenge Bolg. I think I might have heard of one other challenge too. Having been through it, I'm pretty sure I could figure out how to manage it properly, but to anyone new at it...expect that it could be painful. I found it to be more than a little in the advantage of the current Chieftain, at the time.
41676, Bukrinuk was challenged...
Posted by Gnarugk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And reading the log of it still gets me laughing. The pissant who challenged me was made to look incredibly stupid and the advantage is certainly in favor of the current chieftain.
41536, I fought you with a Drow and you couldn't beat me.
Posted by Pro-man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You had to run the couple times I did. Nothing you did wrong, but you just weren't able to stay in the fight. To your credit, you managed to get away everytime.

You were allways prepped too, so saying you were lazy makes me wonder.

This was upper 30's for you, lower for me, if I recall correctly.

Orcs are not what you say they are. Two victories over a gnome and what ever else do not a killer class make.
41672, Lazy
I call myself lazy because I often had nothing but what could be bought in someones hometown, even as a hero I ran around with very little or no elf blood which there is no excuse for, there are ways to keep pretty much unlimited blood....which makes it DAMN hard to kill you....I also know how to get haste/protection/shield/stone skin/resist mental-fire-cold....and I just got lazy about gathering it all; I was also usually alone because I preffer to be and I had a lot of people hunting me (as an orc should). Often times a mere transport or return potion would have saved mylife when I carried none but had 20-50 gold....its laziness....I just wasn't feeling it after a while; My best times were in the mid to upper 30's but after the Outlander crew beat the hell out of me for 10 ranks trying to keep me from rising to the throne it felt like I would not top the accomplishment of taking it. I took it and just wanted to move onto another character because I was at like 8 con for my last few ranks which put a HUGE dent into my base HP....an orc done properly and kept healthy will have a lot of hp
41896, RE: So....Goodbye
Posted by Thrak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ugh. You frustrated me to no end. I really wanted to tat you and have some interactions as I enjoy chiefs. But you made chief and I was absent for that due to ooc events. Then I saw you a couple of times and couldn't come up with an excuse for marking you. So I started watching for you and even logging on in the evening so I could catch you and still missed you continually. From what I understand, you did a decent job as chief, but I can't confirm that personally. I hope you enjoyed the orc class and chief life. If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to email me at thrakburzug@gmail.com

Thrak
41909, RE: So....Goodbye
As much as I like to think the chief deserves a tatoo because he or she rises above absaloutely any other orc which is what the help file suggests you need to do for the mark, It hurt to see a level 25 titled, tatooed orc. I didn't blame you for not marking me or giving me anything because you just weren't there to see me do well. The one time we interacted you wanted me to kill an elf and they were all sitting in the eternal star with one HEAVY group. I didn't show you anything but I hope with my next orc you get to see me do my thing well. I'm going to go for it again because I still don't know exactly what the tat does....even if it isn't much its still really cool to have.