Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Saiklaarsu the Fallen, Witless Whelp of the Shadow
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=41402
41402, (DELETED) [None] Saiklaarsu the Fallen, Witless Whelp of the Shadow
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Sep 15 18:47:56 2005

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Saiklaarsu perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:shapeshifter
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:72
41403, (DELETED) [None] Saiklaarsu the Fallen, Witless Whelp of the Shadow
Posted by Saiklaarsu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think it's pretty lame that I had a completly fair role to backup my actions on going evil (Which I knew I would lose spells), But taking every single spell and my Lion is over the edge. Whoever did it is worthless and people like you are whats making the player base go down. And everyone sits there and wonders why. I would of been such a bad ass if I kept goin! Armadillo and Striped Badger! Whoo!
41404, RE: (DELETED) [None] Saiklaarsu the Fallen, Witless Whelp of the Shadow
Posted by Arvam on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Getting your align changed is never, ever, ever, ever an easy process. It is meant to be an immense challenge. The fact is shifters get off remarkably easy compared to most classes. You still had forms. Had you been an invoker, you'd have lost every spell and had virtually nothing. It's meant as a test. If you stick it out, and roleplay it all in a sensible form, you get all your powers back. I don't care how your role backs it up. You're a gnome, and you're going against the very base instincts of your race, period. There is no getting around this fact regardless of role. You can't magically explain things away. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who play an align change as if it's nothing. A dark-elf who turns good shouldn't be perfectly moral and huggy. They should still exhibit some form of struggle with their old ways. The same for you, and loss of power is inherent in this struggle.

I'm also getting royally and utterly sick of anytime something that happens a person in game, or there's some change that people don't like, they then tack that thing on to the reason "everyone is leaving". People aren't leaving the game because going through an alignment change is ####ing hard. It's been this hard, it always has, and it isn't changing anytime soon. Get a sack and stick it out instead of ####ing out.
41410, Amen Brother Arvam Preach on! NT
Posted by Coger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Getting your align changed is never, ever, ever, ever an easy
>process. It is meant to be an immense challenge. The fact is
>shifters get off remarkably easy compared to most classes.
>You still had forms. Had you been an invoker, you'd have lost
>every spell and had virtually nothing. It's meant as a test.
>If you stick it out, and roleplay it all in a sensible form,
>you get all your powers back. I don't care how your role
>backs it up. You're a gnome, and you're going against the
>very base instincts of your race, period. There is no getting
>around this fact regardless of role. You can't magically
>explain things away. One of my biggest pet peeves is people
>who play an align change as if it's nothing. A dark-elf who
>turns good shouldn't be perfectly moral and huggy. They
>should still exhibit some form of struggle with their old
>ways. The same for you, and loss of power is inherent in this
>struggle.
>
>I'm also getting royally and utterly sick of anytime something
>that happens a person in game, or there's some change that
>people don't like, they then tack that thing on to the reason
>"everyone is leaving". People aren't leaving the game because
>going through an alignment change is ####ing hard. It's been
>this hard, it always has, and it isn't changing anytime soon.
>Get a sack and stick it out instead of ####ing out.
41413, Side note:
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You don't get quite as much special leeway from your role if you, you know, say you want to want to be evil, get to be evil, and THEN write it.
41415, RE: Side note:
Posted by Saiklaarsu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, This was my first real character, and I apoligize for my above post, sincerely. It just made me mad that the Lion got taken away after my spells had already been gone for a bit. But I learned from this char so much and my knowledge of cf and strategy has doubled. So I'm rolling my new character right now with my role. And hopefully in time I will be good enough to pull off the situation I was in. Can't blame me for trying.
41418, RE: Side note:
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Can't blame me for
>trying.

Nope.

Heh, I'm just saying. I mean, no point in letting you self-destruct a character and not giving you some advice for the next, right?

Better luck next time around! I'd save off-align characters or other high-difficulty characters like this one was going to turn out to be until you have a few more characters under your belt and know the game a little better. It'll be less frustrating for you, and it's easier to do the extraordinary well when you have a better handle on the norm.
41423, Well can't say you were the best I've ever seen in action but....
Posted by Iasolar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had fun killing you when I saw you. Didn't get to interact with you much except you bitching at me when I did kill you, saying I fight like a girl, but a shame you lost your funstick! Come back and try again and this time maybe you will have a better time. And though I know it sucks, next time try a different route and you will appreciate it more. Instead of going the wrong route and getting kicked in the nuts. Although I can understand it sucks, b/c I have seen a few gnomes that I am not so sure got the kick in the pants. One that comes to mind was Seph which had a title hmm... Seph the Weaver of Elements, Minion of Shadowy Forces, His soul for an Egg. Not sure if he lost anything though but oh well.
Good luck on your next.