Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectCaptain gone
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=41082
41082, Captain gone
Posted by Caek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well.. I had reasons to delete this character long ago, since I has become Captain, got tattoo and second virtue. Due to my nature I hate to have character without goals to achieve and I got all I could hope too early and couldnt blame anyone for it..
Also, being Russian (not a surprise I guess) and playing from work, I had my playing time getting shorter and shorter as the project deadline approached :) So by this moment I had a feeling I am just holding a leader position and appear for several moments just to see horde of enemies or horde of Fortress. Fun in the character was leaking very fast. So that's came to the obvious end.

About Caek. That was a great fun in the beginning, I never played the villager, but now I want to try one. Grabbing the leader weapon, getting some things from the chest and run swinging around was very fun... I never considered myself worthy of being leader both from the combat and from roleplay side, but couldnt refuse when I was offered. Being a captain for me was like we Russians say - "cutting the branch you are sitting on".. I was somehow obligated to spend time listening to the applicants, getting them in.. and that reduced my own fun as they got my time, my enemies, my fun... At the end, when I had nothing to do but go exploring.. I felt myself the worst as the character born to "wage the War" shouldnt spend the time walking along the lands seeking for gear.

About paladins.. Very desperate class.. Immensely powerful, yet often helpless to seal the kill. I understood very well paladins, who were slaying the inners without noticing the defenders. I spent a lot of time getting used to it.. that was even harder as the last character i played was orc:)
I was somewhat unlucky with virtues, being bashed by all that fire giants I was dreaming about Temperance ,but Ordasen seemed to think another way:)

Good byes.

Immortals.

Ordasen: Thanks a lot for the empowerment, virtues and the tattoo. Being not an elite player (as I think of myself) I just was ashamed speaking every time with you.. I had a feeling I got a tattoo and second virtue only because I was made captain.

Shokai: Thanks for the induction and for the claymore.. How many times I wished you gave me the mace, not the sword:) Also, perhaps I am somewhat underestimating myself, but I had a feeling I was just almost alone in the realms that times and you made me the captain, just because there were nobody else.

Cytherea: Perfect lady imm. Loved speaking with you, sad you were gone.

Whoever gave me a final farewell - thank you. It was somewhat lonely to leave without divine goodbye.

I will be very interested in your oppinion about my performance. And I dream to see my PBF, but alas - no paypal in russia.

Fortress:

Qulenit: I guess I spent more time with you then anyone else.. That was ganging, but I loved walking with you. I guess we had similiar tempers and I laughed aloud when you was made Squire. Good job as the Arcane.

Ishranaye: Very well RP'd healer..

Faltarn: You became a beast:) Hope you will take my place:)

Corramix: Another good transmuter... Sad we hadnt lot of time to walk.

Jemr: eh, you was truely a defensive shifter.. always somewhat silent and calm. Pity you died that much.

Solasarath: As I told in your battlefield thread - you was a leader by birth... I were not a leader, but you was truely leading.

The rest of the Fortress: Dorn, Alyre, Yanan and all the other squires. Was sad to induct some of you, not to see again.. Perhaps it was my playing times or I just was playing less and less. Good luck to you.

Scions:

Maztriel: You was the "right" evil mage. You never risked your life when you hadnt chance to get the scepter back as well as didnt waste your time getting the Orb. You was buffeting me all the time. Hated that.

Zilopza: Good healer, skilled and persistant. I remember you defending against me alone.

Gondrak: Skilled warrior. Expected you to be a meat for me, but you never appeared to be so.

Empire:
Aurilinius: I vote for you as the emperor!!! cant say about the imperials that play different time, but during my times - you was the best. I loved all the fights with you. And remember you and Rowan defending against six or seven of us.. That was a shame:)

Rowan: Good imperial healer. Power multiplier.

Outlanders:
Arminas: Good healer.. Pity we didnt fight together as often as we could.

Village:
There were friends among you as well as enemies.
Ravnir, Vinourak: Well fought.

Brindlebin: I was very very very glad you wasnt my enemy.. I didnt have a chances against you.

Gerylanst: Very proud and dedicated villager. Loved the battles by your side.

Hasteli: Well struck, svirf:)

All that assassins and thieves in the village.. Hated you stabbing Corramix and Qulenit :(

All I forgot - write and I will answer.
Thanks to all. When the deadline will pass, I guess I will return:)

P.S. If anyone want to pay for my PBF - my great thanks.
41263, You were a royal pain in the ass nt
Posted by Runaktla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
41281, RE: You were a royal pain in the ass nt
How could I forget you? I love transmuters being played in that wit way. You really did your best with Runaktla. Thanks for the battles.
41200, RE: Captain gone
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I can't say too much, since I almost never saw you! You played Shokai o'clock, not Aarn o'clock. I did catch the tail end of your logins a few times, but that's about it. From all the second-hand things I heard though, you were a good leader and a solid character.

Good luck with your next!

Aarn
41211, RE: Captain gone
Really sorry I forgot you in good byes, You've given me quite an inspiration when I slain Vinourak on the duel and you gave me that barrel with Aarn's teachings.. I've carried it for quite a time, though Caek almost never drank. Thanks a lot.
41191, To Shokai
I've read my PBF and sayed - "damn it"! I do not know why, but I've always considered you are playing not during my times and everytime I saw you I was surprised! Always dreamed being your follower, so I guess one day I will try for it! :)
41210, RE: To Shokai
Posted by shokai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I look forward to it. Caek was one of those characters that from the first time I talked to you I thought 'okay, this guy is solid'...that's a rarity. I don't comment often on people's battlefield threads....a habit I broke out of, but I thought I'd make an exception here and say that I really enjoyed watching Caek...both before and after leadership.
41178, RE: Captain gone
Posted by Cytherea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, I liked the charecter. Really wish I could of seen more of you in action, but I heard some good things about you. Being there when you were made captain was priceless. I was happy to add to your cf fun. BTW, your PBF is on its way.
41190, Thanks a lot
Once again thank you.. Lady:) I always wondered what that is like - to be Avatar or whatever this partial-imm is. The only fun is speaking with the others I guess, so I hope I brought you some bright moments as you did to me.
I hope you are back in CF and we'll meet again this or other way..
41100, RE: Captain gone
Posted by ordasen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First I will say you played a good character. You were a bit shy for a lack of words, and that sort of annoyed Ordasen. You wanted to be a holy warrior of war..cool. He just wanted you to have some balls and actually think you deserved to win the fights :P (hence that whole interaction with making you say it like you mean it)

To me, you earned everything you got from me. The tattoo and two virtues were because of what you did, not what you were made. You made yourself. Elite or no, it doesn't matter to me as I've turned away players who thought there were elite..but in truth that doesn't matter. It is how you hold and stick to a role. Which to me, you did. *shrug*

Good luck on your next character.
Ordasen
41135, RE: Captain gone
Huge thanks. I doubt not I will return as a village member, so we'll meet again. I love your religion the best. *wink*