Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Msaylu the Elemental Lady
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=41075
41075, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Msaylu the Elemental Lady
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Sep 1 18:49:11 2005

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Msaylu perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:invoker
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:262
41076, Not much to say
Posted by Msaylu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No time to play. I'd estimate that over half of the characters life I was afk (if I hadn't had chameleon (or the possibility of it) I would have played much less), and it was just going to get worse now that school is set to start.

Couldn't ever really get too into the character. Thought my role concept was kind of neat but I didn't do that great of a job of playing it out.

Kazren, Skryth, Arminas, Baltherias, Frearrir, Eyzy, Cecile all stuck out as characters that made my stay more enjoyable.

Others, I either didn't see you long enough to develop an opinion or didn't like much. Or forgot.

Some of the Khar-Zhur stuff was cool, thanks for involving me in that in a little way, I wish I had been around more to have a more active part.

Lyristeon, I always feel like I'm chatting with some 19 year old guy, which in the environment of cf always throws me off. Good job, and thanks for your (and all the other imms) many hours of volunteer service to the mud.

Hopefully I'll find more time after November elections. Have fun!
41077, RE: Not much to say
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is 19 old or young in your book? Heh. I am not 19, but I remember 19 very well. It was the legal drinking age at that time where I live. Maybe I don't remember it that well. But, that is good. I should come across like some smart ass teenager who thinks he knows everything. It would fit my role perfectly. And I do believe there is a huge difference between being a smart ass and a dumb ass for anyone else who reads this who is a teenager (or close to it).
41078, RE: Not much to say
You're doing a great job of coming across like a smart ass. It's just very disconcerting for me with my characters generally. It's kind of like talking to a first-year university student, with the power to smite you.

I'm trying to be all torturous and arrogant and get a response like "I don't care if they're deathful or not, I just don't want them to be a moron." :-P And, of course, I'm sitting there thinking "well how am I supposed to reply to that and keep any kind of face?" You were gracious enough not to leave me feeling like a complete fool.

You do a fantastic job of embodying what I know of your religion/role. Thanks.
41079, Hrmph, Forget me!
Posted by Raluin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, you were great. Lol, in a bitchy sort of way:). I thought you had good RP, and you countered my perkness greatly. Well, I hope to see a reincarnation soon, good luck with the next, and good luck with work/school or whatever.
41080, I did forget you!
You certainly would have gone on the first list. Never did get to set you on fire :(

You put such a big grin on my face some times. Thanks!
41085, Heh.
Posted by Raluin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Raluin is just a kid. Think of Bigbird when you think of Raluin. Heh. Well, maybe if you get another char happening you can set me on fire before I die. Even though you were evil, you were my favourite evil.
41081, A few other thoughts
Ok, this is the first mage I've played to this level for....well, the last time it was a transmuter when you had to choose shape/arcane.

It was hard! Msaylu felt incredibly frail. I sure have a lot to learn if I play another similar character.

Being an outlander made perfecting spells really easy, but finding a group was agony. It took me forever to get to my current level, and I can't think of one time I turned down the offer if I wasn't soon to log off.

As an evil character that can't tank, you're very limited....no Empire/Trib/Rager, no duergar/dwarf/mino, no AP/necro. It's appropriate for the cabal, and likely helped get me into a spiteful mood from time to time, but...yeah.
41141, Fre feels for you, mre.
Posted by Frearrir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had the same problems with Frearrir, as a fellow evil Outlander mage. I still haven't heroed him yet, as ranking partners aren't of abundance, but in low levels this was a real problem, and having Msaylu around to scheme with and trying to figure out who would tank for us helped. Sand lizard helped too, to some extent after I got it. Fre never told anyone about your incompentence in water path as he promised. Fre got his first PK win(as the one who gives the killing blow, he had some assists) with Msaylu, when we killed that rager right after our talk with Celise.
41142, Addendum
Posted by Frearrir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoyed your RP. Good luck with your next.
41138, Bugger
Posted by Arminas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well I am glad I could give you some enjoyment in the rare times our paths crossed, and I really understand the frustration in your limitations in trying to rank up, you had it rough, but you also took it well. Taking the time to, and I am assuming this, master your shields, takes tremendous patience. I liked the banter and the skirmishes. Very much the reminder of what like minded communities can be like when disagreements arise that cannot always be solved through debate, especialy when morale issues come into play. You played her well and witty, and most especially, with intelligence. I'm sorry that your time allowed was so limited, I was sure the immortals (And I know that Arminas himself) had much more in store for you. Hope we cross paths again when/if you find the time to dedicate more time to the fun.

Until that time, I tip my hat to you and wish you all the best.

Arminas
41144, RE: Bugger
Actually, mastering shields with Msaylu wasn't really much of a problem. Chameleon + enhanced regeneration (not to mention dropping water path, so I had higher affinities in my others) made it pretty easy just to spam them quickly. Trying to perfect some of the combat spells when you don't have a group was annoying due to the low hp, but no big problem.

On the plus side, I think you are dying a lot less than I remember as Fer :) I kept trying to set you on fire that one time you said I loved you and it just wouldn't take, so I just went for the stoneshatter instead, I think. Then you beat me up, hehe.

Well deserved on the Sunwarden, in my opinion. Desperation led to us helping each other near the Empire alot, but remembering your affinity for healing sleeps, I made sure to have trustcabal off most of the time I was around you.
41163, Wow
Posted by Arminas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Never in a million guesses would I have guess you were Fereksah. Can't tell you how much I missed the banter between the cat and I, but you made up for it with the dark-elf. Again, well done.