Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kazren the Monstrosity of the Flaming Mount, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=40887
40887, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kazren the Monstrosity of the Flaming Mount, Nightreaver of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Aug 25 09:47:07 2005

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Kazren perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:401
41290, Drow dagger spec/ Muter vs you. Old log I found.
Posted by Pro-man on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

(WANTED) Kazren is here.

<100%hp 100%m 80%mv 15808tnl> Kazren lowers an obsidian pike and charges you!
Kazren's charge *** DEVASTATES *** you!
That really did HURT!
You yell 'Help! Kazren is charging me!'
Kazren is in perfect health.

<71%hp 100%m 80%mv 15808tnl> You hurl a throwing dagger at Kazren striking him
in the forearm!
Your hurled dagger grazes Kazren.

Kazren is in perfect health.

<71%hp 100%m 83%mv 15808tnl>
You parry Kazren's pierce.
Your pierce devastates Kazren!
Kazren keeps you at bay with his polearm.
Kazren has a few scratches.

Zhuanth pops back into existence.
Kazren has a few scratches.

You dodge Kazren's pierce and close in for a concealed attack!
Kazren parries your pierce.
Kazren has some small but disgusting cuts.

<71%hp 100%m 83%mv 15808tnl> You thrust your dagger towards Kazren, attempting
to sever his artery!
Kazren yells 'Help! Ryal tried to slice my artery!'
Kazren's artery begins pumping out bright red bursts of blood!
Kazren can no longer find the strength to wield an obsidian pike.
Your deep gash devastates Kazren!
Kazren has some small but disgusting cuts.

You parry Kazren's punch.
Your shield blocks Kazren's punch.
You dodge Kazren's punch.
Your pierce maims Kazren!
Your pierce decimates Kazren!
Your pierce MUTILATES Kazren!
Kazren is covered with bleeding wounds.

Kazren yells 'Die, Zhuanth, you sorcerous dog!'
Zhuanth utters the words, 'izjfahiouqar eugfjshuai'.
Zhuanth's neurological disruption wounds Kazren.

Kazren pummels you with his fists.
Kazren's pummeling blow EVISCERATES you!
Kazren's pummeling blow DISMEMBERS you!
You are dazed by all the blows.

<37%hp 100%m 83%mv 15808tnl>

<37%hp 100%m 83%mv 15808tnl> tr

The call of an eagle can be heard over the plains, a small shadow circling
overhead.

<37%hp 100%m 83%mv 15808tnl> His feet aren't on the ground.

Zhuanth's electrical discharge decimates Kazren!

Zhuanth utters the words, 'wzhabaruq ghixuio'.
A look of lethargy overcomes Kazren as his movements become slow.

<37%hp 100%m 83%mv 15808tnl> ber
Your pulse races as you are consumed by rage!

<49%hp 93%m 76%mv 15808tnl>
You dodge Kazren's punch and close in for a concealed attack!
You dodge Kazren's punch.
Your pierce EVISCERATES Kazren!
Your pierce maims Kazren!
Kazren is gushing blood.

<49%hp 93%m 76%mv 15808tnl> st
Zhuanth utters the words, 'qafsacandusar gayhunsouio'.
Kazren's skin seems to become more supple.
Kazren is gushing blood.

<49%hp 93%m 76%mv 15808tnl> st
You lunge at Kazren and stab him with your dagger!
Your stab MANGLES Kazren!
Kazren's struggling prevents you from twisting your dagger any deeper.
Kazren is writhing in agony.

<49%hp 93%m 76%mv 15808tnl>
Kazren pummels you with his fists.
Kazren's pummeling blow DISMEMBERS you!
Zhuanth's electrical discharge devastates Kazren!
Your pierce misses Kazren.
Kazren is convulsing on the ground.

<32%hp 93%m 76%mv 15808tnl>
Zhuanth utters the words, 'izjfahiouqar eugfjshuai'.

<32%hp 93%m 76%mv 15808tnl>
Kazren continues to bleed from his wounds.
Kazren's bleeding artery injures him.
You feel less armored.

<32%hp 95%m 78%mv 15808tnl>
Zhuanth's electrical discharge maims Kazren!
Zhuanth's electrical discharge decimates Kazren!
Kazren's punch EVISCERATES you!
You sure are BLEEDING!
Kazren is DEAD!!
40911, Very well done
Posted by Aurilinius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were very well played from everything I saw from you. I will never forget the time I logged on without the head, and started walking over towards the Tree and got delayed by one of my youngers getting attacked, and you started calling me a coward because I had not come yet, implying that you were alone. Further, killing you and the panther and sending the ranger packing then taking back the Codex was one of the two most amazing things Aurilinius has done. When I got done with that raid, all I could think to myself was "Holy crap, how did I survive that one, much less win?" You came off as unwilling to sacrifice your ideals to try and land a PK, unlike Arminas, and I was impressed by that. I will also say, you survived some monster fiends. I hit a big fiend on you once when you were too weak to wear your polearm and were already gushing, I was shocked that you survived. Good luck with the next,
Aurilinius
40914, RE: Very well done
Posted by Kazren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, I remember it well. I even congratulated you on that one. The funny thing is, one of my most memorable times was coming up to retrieve one time and killing you and Dulmisa. Fire warriors are just bard meat. And yeah...as for landing pks, to me it is quality, not quanitity and I was able to delete because of the people I could say I had gotten at least once. It won't show in the PBF, but two provosts, a vindicator, a justiciar, an emperor, a shadow lord and a war master included in the death count pleases me more than killing 100 guys who don't offer much of a challenge. And newbie bashing does nothing for me or the game.
40893, Goodbyes
After 400 hours of playing a character, there are going to be quite a few people that I am going to miss. So, if I do, don't take it personally.

I like to play the underdogs. When I rolled up Kazren it was the for the sole purpose of trying to help Outlander turn things around. They have been turned around for quite awhile now and they are pretty strong as I leave it. The problem with liking to play underdogs is that after it does a pendulum swing, boredom begins to set in. Not that I was bored with the character, I was just bored with the situation a little.

Kazren was sphere Anger. What made him tick wasn't just to be angry at everybody though. Just angry at those who held some piece of power against my enemies. So, I didn't run around trying to kill everything in sight, just those who made him angry. The few fights where I attacked, and in some cases killed or got killed, by players who weren't in power probably did something to either me or the Outlanders in general. I didn't rack up a ton of kills, but the ones who I did kill for the most part were quality players.

Imms:

To the immortal{s) who made me the Nightreaver. Thank you, but I couldn't help feeling that I was made it by default in the very beginning. Now that things turned out the way they have, I feel redeemed by your choice.

To the immortal(s) who made my polearm. You rock! It was by far the best polearm I could have used even with its one drawback.

To the immortal(s) who made the changes to ignite. You turned a rp type of power into something that was truly great. I could grab my polearm, go torch the cities use my Cry of Thunder and hit just as hard as almost anyone in range.

To the imms in general. Just keep doing what you do, because we can't get enough.

Outlanders:
I love Outlanders. Being evil, you can expect to be the underdog in that cabal. Maybe not now because the numbers are there, but when you are the only one and you are warring with Scion on top of the other enemies, things can be really tough.

Mikatra - Loved your rp. Was really sad and surprised when you deleted. You got to miss a lot of the fun we had when things turned around.

Eyzy - All things aside, you really know your stuff. I just knew that if there was an enemy in our range, they were going to be dead real soon.

Msaylu - I hope you can get back to playing more than not. Kazren with shields was just wrong. Thanks.

Meakanera - You really have impressed me since I brought you in. I think you have an opportunity to do some really special things in Outlander.

Bracktinsi, Nreisshe, Frearrir - I clump you together because I know you are around, just very rarely at the same time I was on. Frearrir, you need to find some preps and you can be vicious with your forms. Bracktinsi, you saw what I was able to do and you chose the same specs...keep up the fire giant tradition in Outlander. Nreisshe, you were quiet, but the few times I saw you about, you seemed like a little killing machine. Keep it up.

Arminas - My verbal combatant. I can't tell you how wrong it was to have you healing me and giving me sanc outside of raid situations. But hey! I was evil. I wasn't going to say no. :P It didn't happen that often though, and I think you took some lumps for it. Your rp is really strong and I think the imms made a solid choice for Sunwarden in you. During raids, if it weren't for that one time you lost link...which is funny, because five minutes later, my service kicked out for 6 hours and we both died because of it...we made a very nasty combo. Made me wish I had an evil healer to run around with.

Qing - You were a beast. Non stop action around you. Well done.

Raluin - Next time a dwarf stands in front of you and you know that someone can hit them as well, toss a dagger in their throat. You need to take some risks if you want to grow. You were a very nice guy and sometimes you need to bare your fangs in Outlander. Good luck.

Skryth - @#$#%@@#@$@! I think you know what that means and how I felt about your situation.

Thilzhiloins - You are a beast. I know I must have frustrated you a few times and the feeling was mutual. Not in a bad way, we just didn't mesh well. Either I would die, or you would die, or we both would die. It was almost comical.

Tribunal:

Dazan - Very solid. You were one of the ones that evoked my sphere. I was sorry to see you go, you would have been able to keep me around a bit longer.

Zimel - Same as Dazan even if our history was much shorter.

Ylyssia - Okay, you had the title of Justiciar, so you evoked my anger in the beginning. But, when I started killing you, I noticed that you were making some lousy decisions so I just stopped looking for you. Don't kick a guy when they are down and out is my way.

Empire -

Aurilinius - I hated fighting bards and you were by far the smartest one I came across. As much credit as I will give Yagharek for sticking it out through the tough times, you are the one that really gives empire the brains behind the brawn. Very well done.

Yagharek - The above post is not a knock on you. You are a solid emperor even if just for giving leadership when it really needed it. And you didn't give up which is huge for any cabal that was struggling. Unfortunately for you, I haven't seen much in the way of younger ones who look like they are going to make a change.

Dulmisa - You obviously know what you are doing as an assassin. I am sure that chameleon probably saved my ass from being stalked quite a few times.

Shamans - Yeah, I am bunching the rest of you in here. You were the reason I took hand as my second spec. I don't think I killed a shaman in my lifetime.

Fortress -

The Feast or Famine cabal. Either one of you is on and pulled a disappearing act, or there are 5-10 of you on.

Qulenit - That time you killed me in the weald was just such bad luck on my part. I don't really remember exactly who I was hunting, but two of the three of you were ghosts from fighting that dragon and I came in to strike the third. Then either you or Jemr unghosted, then the warrior unghosted. Man, I was pissed. But in a good way. After that, when my 80+ dam roll is mauling you, I felt so utterly helpless. You gave me just as much of a hard time as bards did.

Seltun - One of the few people who fought me one on one and beat me while I was fully dressed. Damn Bards! Heh. Fire giant warriors need to avoid bards like the plague.

Group Paladin - Aside from Dorn or Solasarath, I rarely saw any of you doing the lone hunter thing. And the one time that Dorn actually came to hunt me, I was half-dead and trying to redress, otherwise I would have fought him. The rest of you need to come out of the Inner Chamber or the Fortress alone every once in awhile.

Warriors - If you hit the huntress, I came after you. I think Pmenoa was that guys name. There were a couple of other warriors that I killed, but that was more because of bad luck. Wrong place, wrong time deal.

Scion:

Runaktla - You made my chances to get to hero very hard with that war. You were solid, but you cost your cabal dearly for that war.

Yagig - We did quite a bit of leveling and I am just glad that you weren't in scion when that war broke out.

Maztriel - You seem really solid, if Msaylu hadn't come around, I probably would have tried to ally myself with you more.

Krilcov - Interesting character. One of the reasons I hated that war was because you and I should have just ranked up together and laid waste to the Fortress.

Raheena - I jumped at the chance to help deceive you when asked. Too bad I wasn't able to do more.

Battle:

Never really hunted with you or against you. I didn't have a beef with any of you but Curgrim (duergar) so I wasn't going to start another fight seeing how for awhile there, my only non-enemies outside of outlander were the ragers.

Others - If you were uncaballed and we fought, whether you died or I died or neither one of us died, you probably just did something that evoked my anger.

Jekeswaee - When you replied to me that you were a mercenary and were only raiding because you were paid after I came and killed you, you just made me want to kill you more. I hope you realize that if you strike someones cabal, even if you are a mercenary, that you will be hunted. If you don't and feel that being a mercenary is a solid reason to do that, I think your sphere should be changed to Density. :P

If I forgot you, post and I will reply.
40899, Loved Kazren
Posted by Dalbiddle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I think I said it before but I loved Kazren and even though you were the "only" choice for Nightreaver, you were still the right guy for the job. Now seeing about your sphere and how you played it I understand more why you would just sit nearby while I was getting beaten on by ragers. Still, to Dalbiddle, who saw us as friends, I was frustrated to not have the help that could have turned the tide. Oh well, thats how it goes.

Well done, and good luck with whatever's next.

Aaron
40900, RE: Loved Kazren
From a players standpoint, I wanted to just walk into thirsting ragers. Hell, I was a pole spec, that would have been fun for me. But yeah, from the role aspect, it would not have sat well. I even went so far from the role standpoint, that the one time I walked in to wake one of you, I removed my pole because I knew one of them was thirsting. I can't believe I forgot about you in my post though, I had a lot of things to say about you.

I really liked your attitude. You were a killer and that's what Outlander needed from us. People to just put enough fear in others to keep them away. Then pick off a few of their tough ones to make the weaker ones forget about even trying to come. You were a big part of the huge turn around in Outlander. Take care.
40912, Thanks man
Posted by Dalbiddle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Truly, I completely understand and agree with what you said...my time just came to an end at 250 hours instead of 400 because the neutral outlanders and outlander in general wwere doing great imo. You were a huge part of the turn around as well. Even lightwalking outlanders would show up with you around! :)

Aaron
40901, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Mikatra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Every time I stood next to Kazren with characters after Mikatra, I felt overshadowed by your monstrosity. You gave the feel of a fire giant, which is the best roleplay one can ever have. When you got on, I knew some kind of rampaging would happen. You were a very good choice for Nightreaver.

As far as with Mikatra, we really didn't get to know each other as well. I think I deleted just as you were coming into your own. But I liked you then too. Polearm trapping beneath thunder fire giants are scary. 'Nuff said.
40902, RE: Goodbyes
Thanks for the compliments. I tried really hard to not be the human with a fire giant mask. There are way too many of those, but, the fire giants who become Nightreavers all seem to have that aura about them. I was glad I was able to continue that.
40903, Damn You KAZ!
Posted by Thil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First time I post under my name. But man...

It put me in a real shame... First of all, sorry for my ass words..It was my mistakes, and I realy enjoed our runs, sometimes it was oohhhoohho and we were in a deep ####, and sometimes it was like a flash in the skys. I knew you from the 20 level and all that time we were together. Heh. Damn you.

And good luck with your next char. I will miss Kaz. Even he was a Nightreaver. :)
40904, RE: Damn You KAZ!
I couldn't help but like you regardless of how you felt about me. This was my first hero warrior in years. I never had one with specs and legacies before, so I knew that I was going to look back at some of my actions and just get pissed at myself. There was one time when you got upset and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out what I did wrong. :P But, it's all good. You are a very strong neutral character. Keep on being the predator.
40906, RE: Damn You KAZ!
Posted by Thil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did a great job, trust me. And enough with that. It was always nice to have you around. Good luck Kaz, and come back.
40908, Ugh.
Posted by Rhaebryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really sad to see you go. There was much I was looking forward to when I got up closer in level. And I had a few more elf-steaks I wanted to share, but unfortunately it seemed we were never about at the same time.

Can never thank you enough for that talk we had. It's outcome really surprised me. I was hoping for that, but not expecting it for some time down the road, and when it happened, I was blown away. I can honestly say that your cabal outlook and Reaver outlook play no small part in Rhaebryn's.
40909, RE: Ugh.
Ah yes, another one I forgot to mention. I am glad that I was able to feed into that mentality a bit. You seem to be doing pretty well. Keep it going.
40919, Goodbye!
Posted by Frearrir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What I remember of Kazren. He said Yeh, and responded quickly when spoken to. That gives a sense of presence. I liked the way you didn't demand a note to be sent to Outlander when Fre asked to come talk to you about Outlanders and that you were willing to induct him that time. One hour waiting to speak to you and 20 minutes to talk made the getting in the cabal convenient. I liked the way you didn't take a "think about it" approach, my approach was basically to hear what the of rules the Cabal are and if they fit Frearrir's lifestyle, he'll ask to join. You made it not to be arduous waiting in between of those phases, so thanks for that!
40923, RE: Goodbye!
I was pretty focused on what I wanted to do. And getting some people in the cabal on the evil side was a huge part of it. I didn't mind doing the interviews. As far as posting a note goes, I fully agree with having them in case the person who is supposed to be making the decisions isn't around. If I was around and not busy, I would talk to you. If I was busy, sometimes I would just tell you to bug off. There were some people I felt weren't able to keep themselves alive on their own that I sent away. Evil outlanders need to be very self-sufficient. I did them a favor by turning them away. The last thing I wanted to be was an Acolyte Nightreaver.
40941, Damn bastard, forget ME!?
Posted by Baltherias on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Course, I did vanish pretty much when you became Nightreaver, but was fun running around with you. Sounds like you did well afterwards. See you in the fields.
40943, RE: Damn bastard, forget ME!?
Yeah, I thought some interesting things were in store for you and then you vanished. Oh well, maybe next time. Good luck.
40959, NO!YES!NO!YES!NO!YES!
Posted by Dulmisa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dulmisa - You obviously know what you are doing as an assassin. I am sure that chameleon probably saved my ass from being stalked quite a few times.

Hehe thanks, you are top three on my list of feared oponents with this char, you hit like a beast, combine that with giant bashing and cutoff and I wanted a very very positive setup for us fighting. That time when you killed me in the keep I was weakened from the Archmage and it was way past my bedtime, that was all cool though, but having your younglings looting and mocking me to never rank in to big mommy D's range was boring cause I couldn't return the favour... That time you logged on during me and Yagharek raiding the Tree I was at half health and had insects for like 6 ticks, I was sure that I was dead when I accidentally spammed myself into the middle of that maze. But made it out somehow! You are one of very few chars who killed me but never got the favour returned, a great oponent.
40960, RE: NO!YES!NO!YES!NO!YES!
I know exactly what you mean by getting tired. I think there were at least 4 or 5 times where I died and said to myself, "You should have logged off when you thought about it 10 minutes ago, dumbass."

I figured you were a guy who just didn't die a lot and I just got really lucky with bash and cutoff. You were absolutely near the top of my list of people I was proud to get.

As for the looting thing, I don't think corpse guard was in yet, otherwise you would have gotten most back. I only did looting if it was a raid at the tree. Plus, I carried a lot of things in my inventory, so all I could ever take was a couple of pieces.

I had bad luck one time where my cable kicked out for six hours due to a maintenance check and left me out in the open during a raid. I am not going to mention the group who did it, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Keep it going, you are a solid force in the empire.
41021, Great Job bro..
Posted by Yagig on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know I spoke of you in my goodbye note but I just wanted to say again that you really did do a great job. Thanks for making ranking something fun to do instead of such a damned chore. I have wanted to play an outlander for some time but I don't know how to pull it off without out the things I like to buy. Any chance you would say who you have played in the past?
41024, RE: Great Job bro..
I have been around for a really long time, but this was my first warrior in 9 years. And I have only taken a few breaks from the game. I got hooked on Battle, then Masters, then Sylvan and now Outlander. There are a few times I wish I could buy things. but for the most part, there is an alternative source. Outlanders really offers a good mix of opportunities to play. I wouldn't go evil if it will be your first one though. They may have the least restrictions as far as what your are able to do, but they have the most restrictions when it comes to allies which can really hinder things like leveling. I like to keep my characters to myself, but I have held leader positions in every cabal accept Empire and Fortress, two cabals I have never played. The thing with Raheena is that I knew where the actual item was and if needed, was going to lay a nasty trap for him if he tried to get it. It was good to know I had at least one ally in Scion and glad you weren't part of the cabal when that war broke out.
41039, Smell ya later
Posted by Eyzy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For what it's worth, you were a ####in mack truck, constantly pumping out asterix'd damage... Cool char too, you were nice but still evil, and independent... One of my fav. outlanders.

Good luck with whatever comes next... /E
41065, Oops
Posted by Msaylu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked playing with you a lot, and think we could have been a good evil comic duo. Outlanders seem like they'll be underdogs fairly soon again unless something changes, but then again I haven't been around much for a while to see.

Good job with Kaz.
41068, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Arminas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What makes that whole losing link at the same time so bad was that we were actually not just knocking them back, but had them near dead. I think both of us logged off to kick furry things following that, but we got over it and made life hard for raiders after that again. There were times I honestly wished I had made an evil healer just so I could have spent more time with Kaz. Great character. A little soft as a Nightreaver, but we did make a formidible pair. Losing you is big. Very big. Oh by the by.. you're a jerk for deleting, but I dig you anyways.

Arminas
41071, RE: Goodbyes
Heh. Yeah and you're a jerk for being an elf. :) I was only a little softer on those who proved themselves to be good for the cabal. If you forgot, I was a real jerk to you at times in the beginning. After awhile it was just came out as playful banter. I only charged you once. I will probably be back in some form or another after a little bit. Take it easy.
41329, Krilcovs player,
Posted by Geosplicer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The war pissed me off, but runaktlas roleplay made it sorta bearable, if only their times didnt stop dropping. I thought the same of you, but remember when I was with that necromancer and you had those pendants. It was on... I was watching you from the bushes alot more than you could think.. I apologize for not slaying you and I will make a feeble attempt at claiming it was some newbs fault, but then again, Ouch.

I will be around sooner than later in the form of something krilcovish.
41344, I knew you both were there.
Which is why I stayed there to see how you would react. Which is also why I did what I did to you in the weald shortly thereafter.