Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Skryth Hexwing the Initiate of the Macalla, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=40821
40821, (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Skryth Hexwing the Initiate of the Macalla, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Aug 23 22:43:45 2005

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Skryth perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:44
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:169
40961, Role
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's funny looking at my role now the sudden death of Skryth actually falls right in line with his families curse and my whole Role. Maybe their really is a curse on the Skryth name because this is the third Skryth I've made that's ended badly. It's a shame CF frowns upon new characters having ties to old ones and that everyone knows I play Skryth's. Maybe one day down the line I'll find a way to fit a role to a distant grandson of Skryth.
40928, Bleh !
Posted by Cecilie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to hear that you died such an unworthy death with this character.
I hope the immortals decided that you died to soon and resurect your bones so you can lead the Harbringers to victory !

*Cheers and gnomish hugs*

Regards
Cecilie
40840, Skryth Goodbyes
Well I've calmed a little bit from the shock of age dying at 169 hours. I'm still supremely bummed and think this is a cheap way to go. Unfortunately I like to play characters who rarely back down from a fight, and so I fought Dukreg(Shaman) constantly. For a while the imperials always had the Fetish and I usually had to try to retrieve against Dukreg, centurions, and an out of range Rowan. Which meant I took a ton of withers. I can only remember getting the now dreaded it rips years away from him about 5 times. The Imms at the very least need to change it so that it shows up in score if your suddenly 10 years older from one of those. Seems pretty crazy that would kill me off, but enough about that.
I would go with hot and cold streaks with Skryth. I think the fact that I was used to a dwarf warrior who can take a huge beating and my horrible habbit of going on stupid fight streaks after I die badly probably made my ratio alot worse. Though to be honest I didn't care so much about the ratio and so I'd charge two imperials at centurions with a practice flail. All and all I had a good time.

Imms:
Amaranthe: Thanks for giving me a shot at Harbinger, this was my first full leader. I've played tons of adepts, veterans, vindicator but this was my first full blown leader. I usually purposely keep away from that but this time I decided what the heck. Good to have you back, your always a quality Imm.

Lyristeon: Thanks for seeing what you could do for me. It was great to see an Imm who likes to interact with the Cabal like you did. You always had amusing comments.

Innis: Saw more of you as Rulcorr then Skryth, but when you did show yourself it was always quality.

Outlanders:

Arminas - Great character, you saved my bacon more times then I can count and kept me clothed when I would go on one of my bad streaks. Was glad to see you got Sunwarden as you deserved it. Keep trucking and thanks again for everything.

Kazren - The Beast. Whenever you showed I knew we were about to turn the tide on whoever was giving us a hard time. Another great character, your RP kept me chuckling.

Raluin - My partner in crime later on in life. Your cheery attitude always seemed to rub of on everyone. I would like your little quarrels with the Reavers. Good character, good luck and stay away from those Shamans.

Eyzy - Another beast, who made a good traveling companion. I liked your chracter and think you'll go far. The only thing that got to me was how obvious your triggers were. I know there are mixed views about it, but unfortunately I can't help but think less of players who use them so extensively.

Ucaniv - Though I didn't know your character long you seemed to really know what your doing. You have a cool character role and RP. Good luck.

Maslyu - Liked traveling with you, a shame I don't see you much anymore. Was a cool character, especially liked your fixation with the trees. That note you sent me about my spelling cracked me up, but you did it in a very good way.

Dabiddle - Thanks for the recommendation. I liked your character alot, and I loved the way you inducted me. So much so that I carried it on with my character sort of like tradition.

Maekara(sp?) - You were like Msaylu but with the bitch knob turned to 11. Keep up the good work. :)

Brak - There were times I liked you, and times your really pissed me off. Also making it sound like you single handedly killed people constantly over the cb was kind of lame when that was far from the case.

Thilzhloins - Pretty lame that you just disappeared because you didn't get Harbinger. I think that shows that you didn't deserve it anyway.

All the others, I enjoyed my interactions with pretty much everyone, good luck.

Imperials -

Dukreg - Well even though you never beat me one on one you put me in my grave for good. I enjoyed our fights, even though it usually consisted of Rowan healing you while Aurallinus waking you while I fought you and centurions. Good character, enjoyed the fights.

Rowan - Damn good imperial healer. I hated your guts :). You made retrieving virtually impossible when you were around. A shame I never got back into your range.

Talleyn - A well played necromancer. It used to drive me nuts that you would always escape by the skin of your teeth. Did I ever manage to get you?

Aurallinus - You used to talk so much trash when I was younger. Bashing you into the ground like that brought a huge smile to my face.

Other assorted Imperials - A bunch of full looting, ganging bastards, just like you should be. A lot of good fights, but I thought it funny that imperials almost always full looted me, but whined and moaned when I returned the favor.

Tribunal -

Wondibati - Enjoyed our fights, you were one of the few that would chase me out of the city. Though I thought it funny you would complain about me calling a beast on you but then fight me with your guards.

All the other tribunals seemed to blend into one mish mosh. None of you really stand out in my mind. Tribunals in their cities are disgustingly powerful. The Hamsah guards are IMHO ####, but oh well. I enjoyed killing you in your own guilds. :)

Others :

Mizzizarah(sp?) - We were quite the partner in crime when we were younger. I really dug your RP even though we got into a bunch of verbal brawls later on because of it. A shame you seemed to have disappeared.

Zoel - Said pretty much what I wanted to in your goodbye. One of these days I'll get a free moment to IM you. I was curious about a few things.

Anyone I forgot, sorry my memory sucks. Respond and I'll reply.

Well I'm torn right now with disgust about this whole thing that makes me not want to play again for a while or the fact that I was getting so into Skryth and the game when this happened. Maybe I'll take a vaction from this for a few months...

Later,

The ORB

40842, Thanks...
Posted by Rhaguel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
for the interview, I sighed the biggest sigh when I thought twice about what I'd said. Spoken like a true imperial, laugh. Had to think about what I was going to do for a while, and it turned out to be a great point to start a new direction/find new determination, so sort of a (very personally aggravating) blessing in disguise. Sorry about the early death, that sucks hard. Good luck.
40843, RE: Skryth Goodbyes
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When I saw that age die thing, my jaw just dropped. It was just so unexpected from a guy who I knew was so young. Had I been aware of how close it was, perhaps something could have been done beforehand, perhaps not. With that out of the way, here are the good things.

Skryth was turning out to be one of your best characters...ever. And that is saying a lot. As for getting the Harbinger spot, the reason you got the shot was the recommendation from Dalbiddle. We pretty much go along with the recommendation from the previous leader, but Thilzhiloins was also worthy of becoming it as well. A contest, that you both participated in, was decided on to pick from the two of you and that is what put you in the position. This is not a knock on Thilzhiloins at all. You both were more than worthy of the position.

I am glad you enjoyed my interactions and warped sense of humor. You should try being a follower some time and really see what the Imp Love is all about. I know you will be back and I look forward to seeing future characters from you.
40844, I liked skryth
Posted by Talleyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always knew I could count on you for a good fight. I'm not sure if you ever got me directly. Truly though, Eyzy has gotten more than his share, so split some of his. :) Great job, good luck with whatever is next and oh yeah, make an Imperial. We are on the short side of the stick right now, could use a good player.

Talleyn
40846, Goodbye!
Posted by Frearrir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sucks to see that happen. I liked having Skryth around, as it was one of the few times there were people to rank with, as Fre sat on level 48 pretty long. Your comment about Zoel on CB was pretty funny too, since I didn't understand him well either. While I haven't got personal experience of Dern the mad, it sure sounded funny.

Skryth: Zoel made Dern the mad look sane.

Good luck for your next after your break!
40849, RE: Goodbye!
Ahh I forgot Mre. I thought you played a felar shifter really well. I really got the sense that you were a felar and not a human in a funny suit. Enjoyed ranking with you.
40861, Hell Zoel didn't understand Zoel
Posted by Zoel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously, he would do something, and then the next minutes....why did I do that? MAn, I am crazy...so, I am pretty sure NO one understood him
40851, RE: Skryth Goodbyes
Posted by Ucaniv on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Skryth, so this really sucks.

Unfortunately you won’t see anything more out of Ucaniv. I really enjoyed playing him, but due to a small disagreement I won’t be coming back.

Being disgusted myself I know how you feel. Do what I do. Take a brake maybe things will get better.

Ucaniv
40853, That Tree loved me
Posted by Msaylu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The note: It was such a small thing, but really driving me crazy. I didn't want to talk about it at all and just fix it for you, heh, but I knew if someone had done something similar for me I would feel obligated to thank them in some small way, that's why I went through all of that trouble for the note.

Most trees Msaylu doesn't care for, but those ones have a little history with her, and the description says something about swaying hypnotically. And...it loved me. :)

I liked Skryth, even though I had a pretty good idea who the player was behind it (not a terrible thing, mind you, I just like it more when I can't guess), and I probably would have deleted if you weren't there to rank with me. By the time you died, Msaylu truly hated you, but I don't think I have it in me to turn the bitch knob to 11 most of the time.

Here's to hoping you'll come back and I'll have more time for cf soon.
40854, RE: That Tree loved me
Out of curiosity how did you know? This is actually the third reincarnation of Skryth which was part of my role so I was wondering if some people knew off the bat. First was a lowbie PKer who got the title of Subujugator of druidic lore for being the first to figure out the telluric currents quest. His heart exploded and the next was a villager assassin I deleted pretty quickly. His only claim to fame was that he assassinated Brotmin. So was it one of those, or have I gotten somehow predictable?

P.S. I did appreciate the note.
40855, RE: That Tree loved me
Posted by Msaylu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As far as I recall from your characters, you tend to use a handful of well-done descriptive emotes for resting/sleeping/standing/random repeatedly but relatively few emotes that varied from these.

General class/pk/item knowledge that marks you as a veteran. You could fight well, and knew other classes well for the most part. As an aside, that time you told me I should have used cone of cold, you would have been right (in my opinion) if I had it higher than 80%, but it really bugs me as a player to have someone from another class give advice.

Not only that, but you seemed to have or know about more rare items, or items that for many are a hassle to get, which led to me placing you in the "shiny veteran" mental category.

All that, coupled with the timing of Rulcorr's deletion, lead me to believe it was you. Of course, I may be wrong about any of my assumptions here, and have been wrong when I've been just as confident about character's players before, but it seemed to work out this time.
40857, Wow
Posted by Kazren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is a bit of a surprise. That will teach you to stand still while shamans beat on you.

Thanks for the compliments. I didn't intend for this character to joke around a lot, but having solid people playing around you makes it a little more difficult to be overly mean. Then again, for awhile there, there weren't too many of us and now we have quite a few. See you in the fields in the later. Don't take too long off, you will get rusty.
40862, go ahead and im me any time...
Posted by Zoel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It will give me something to do, now that I do not have a completely insane character...hehe, and I'll answer anything you have(I do have detail reasons why he was the way he was)
40863, RE: Skryth Goodbyes
Posted by Dukreg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought we faught quite a bit alone, at times two on two, or at other times you with a healer, me with a healer, or both with a healer, heh. Either way, I thought it all broke even and was tons of fun.

From a player-player view, I think it sucks Skryth is dead already and will miss him.

From an IC view, I'm glad I destroyed him as quickly as possible and the final death was at my hands. Dukreg even went to the corpse, plucked a feather, and then carved symbols into the corpse's flesh. (I always like to know what happons after my final deaths)

I really enjoyed our fights and do hope to interact with you in the future, perhaps more as an ally then a foe but either will work. Either way, good luck with your next.
40865, RE: Skryth Goodbyes
Posted by Raluin. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Skryth, and I really wanted to get you to Hero...but that sort of didn't work out did it. You better come back to Outlander and rank up nice and quick so we can have some fun again. I'll miss running around with you. You know, all those times fighting Dukreg at the centurions, I really expected just to die. Heh, well, great character, and good luck and I hope you live longer with the next one:)
40881, Shucks
Posted by Eyzy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn, sucks to age die that early.. Sorry to see you go, for what it's worth I liked Skryth, mostly because you were a nice guy and you didn't pester me too much... Which also made you one of the few non-reavers that Eyzy didn't dislike :p

I was even holding on to a sword of tcar for you when I saw this, now it's been bartered for a heal instead

As for your comments on triggers, I'm pretty well aware that's how many people feel, and I'm perfectly fine with it. And I just love the fact that it makes some people royally pissed off, because I'm such a nice person IRL, that its really nice to get to write some occasional stupid flame on the boards.

GL with the next one, but pick a race with a longer lifespan
40823, Where's the Funstick?
Posted by Skryth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can't tell you how disappointed I am right now. I had hoped this was a bug but apparently 5 or 6 good withers and you age die an Arial. I had alot of plans for this character, and have been putting in a ton of time and effort only to have something as stupid as a few withers waste all it all. I'm too disgusted to do goobyes right now...
40824, Man...
Posted by Raluin. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That definatley blows hardcore. I am really sorry to see you go.:( Really well done with the character, i'll miss you man. Really hard hard luck.
40825, RE: Where's the Funstick?
Posted by Young guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Must suck for one of your regular foes to be a shaman when you are an arial. I feel for you, but thats the way it goes.

Good luck with your next, I enjoyed Skryth.

WITHER
Syntax: commune wither <victim>

This horrific malediction attempts to wither the target, causing
extreme strength loss. There is also a chance of the victim
being permanently aged several years if this supplication is
successful.
40832, Playing Arial
Posted by WhiteRaven on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always always ALWAYS gear for saves primarily when playing an arial I want to keep around. Especially if my main enemies are shaman. You had to have been doing something seriously wrong to have taking 5-6 age off withers. Or maybe you were just horrendously unlucky - either way, next time try and gear for saves, try and stick around for a bless from your cabal guardian before you fight, etc.

Sorry to see this though!
40841, RE: Playing Arial
Trust me I had decent saves. To be honest I've never realized how many years it ages you since I've never had this happen before. I would have been more catious. The thing of it was not my saves, but the fact that I fought Dukreg constantly, and took a ton of withers.
40868, RE: Playing Arial
Posted by Dukreg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you say tons, you arn't kidding, heh. Everytime we faught...and that was a hell of a lot.
40833, RE: Where's the Funstick?
Posted by Aiekooso on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I feel you man, but on the plus side it keeps me from having to trackdown Shok's mom for some smoochies.
40838, Good Job regardless
Posted by Dalbiddle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were my recommendation for Harbinger. I'm glad that it was listened to and that you got it. I thought you were a very well played character.

Aaron
40848, Yeah, that sucks.
Posted by Balrahd. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The same thing happened to me with an arial that I really enjoyed playing - reallllll early agedeath without any warning. I haven't played an arial since. :P
40822, RE: (AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Skryth Hexwing the Initiate of the Macalla, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Email me. lyristeon@carrionfields.com