Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectVacation is over.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=40488
40488, Vacation is over.
Posted by Hasteli on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Time to go back to work.

Seriously thought for a long while about keeping the character but CF is too addictive for me to be able to do both.

To be honest, Hasteli was meant to be a ####around char to begin with. I chose the name the roller picked for me, slapped on a quick role/desc and started ranking.

I originally planned on staying at lvl 30 with rager powers and pincer every mage I saw, but choosing defender (which I did mostly so I wouldn't have any downtime resting) meant everyone and their cousin wanted to rank and so I ended up going all the way to hero. Never regretted it, just wish we were still fighting Empire like Battle was last time I played, would have filled in a lot of boring hours where we didn't have anyone to fight.

First rager, was cool never having to worry about getting great armor, I walked around with a basic regear set all the time and never had to worry that much. Always been a potion junkie and having to run on foot when I lost was a new experience for me. Being able to kill the Archmage solo at 39 was pretty cool too, and it only got easier as I got additional lvls and legacies.

Learned what a mean tank svirfs could be at hero with the right legacies, if I slapped on a stoneskin and had a resist from Gery or Sauriel I felt like I was almost invulnerable.

Always was skeptical when people gushed over the shorty legacy but it was pretty nice even without reduce potions.

Thanks for the great time everybody, and sorry to be leaving on such short notice, but with Battle numbers right now don't think my absence will be missed much. :)

I would go into individual goodbyes but the whole point of this is to quit. It was hard enough making this decision, if I spend 2 hours writing individual goodbyes I might not want to leave anymore. :P

I'll just list names of some people I would write something for.

Grorefang
Xandrek
Draxlin
Baltorn
Sauriel
Prucibial
Gerylanst
Rawnie
Lisl
Ordasen
Thrym

Drathk
Maztriel
Aumaenka Scion-healer(sp?)
Aubarelle
Zilopza
That Minotaur warrior I took to calling 'cow'. Whatever your name was

Kealor
Various shifters (they all meld in my head to one)

40598, RE: Vacation is over.
Posted by Maztriel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

You were one of the few ragers who it was worth talking to. After a few hundred hours of 'I Kill You!'s and 'You Coward!'s it was nice to find an enemy like you. 'Hiya ugly' always brought a smile to my face. Anyway I'm sure you'll be missed by the village.

All the best,
Maztriel
40523, RE: Vacation is over.
Posted by Kealor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I figured it was something like that, usually is, I know how you feel when I was Zalachi and Kohl I was just utterly addicted and couldn't quit. But I'm better now, and glad to know I stand out in all the others of shifters and warriors that aren't cabaled ;)
40511, RE: Vacation is over.
Posted by Aumaenka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were one of my favourite enemies screw you for deleting. I was laughing the time I bumped to you on the road when you were a ghost and you were grumbling something about 'Was going to axe ya' naked.

Anyway, I enjoyed the aggression on your part, and the interactions. See ya around, ugly.
40508, RE: Vacation is over.
Posted by Koai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
dam you for not Naming me...
hehehe...
sucks you got to go.. I know the feeling school just started up
40499, Ragers should be banned...
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...from saying 'Teehee'. Herald-yes, Acolytes-yes, the occassional Trib or Outlander-maybe. The good thing is, that was the only thing that rubbed me the wrong way about this character. Good luck.
40497, Ummmmmmm
Posted by Prucibial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn you damn you damn you. Took to running with you once Gerylanst said you could very easily be one of my bastard sons. We worked together very well and you knew your stuff, definately fun to have around. I dont know what else to write other than I dont like seeing this at all *sigh*

P
40495, RE: Vacation is over.
Posted by Grorefang on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dammit!! Almost winning the rites without wanting to..was pretty funny. I loved running around smashing things with you. Well roleplayed lil bastard. Damn im gonna miss this char.

What more can I say. Hell of good job, It was fun.