Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dazan Talshid the Austere Regulato...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=40348
40348, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dazan Talshid the Austere Regulato...
Posted by Dazan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was one fun character.

Kind of a last-minute decision to delete. I'm going off to school, a third of the way across the country, in a couple of days and I sure as hell won't have time to CF. I also don't want to risk relapsing, and I know fear of enduring the newbie ranks again should stave off my desire just that little extra bit...

I started getting sloppy with this character and losing that little extra bit of caring that gave him his RP fun factor, though it was relatively recently I really started getting the hang of his specs'/legacies' lethality. I probably wouldn't have done a thing different with this character in that respect. This was my first caballed warrior hero and my first Tribunal.

As for Tribunal, the cabal can be absolutely awesome or absolutely terrible depending on where you're stationed. That's why it's a must to impress the higher-ups early on. At least, that's how I thought about it. For most of this character's life, up til the last couple weeks, I was essentially alone. It's refreshing to see at least one or two or up to six Tribs around now. But weird.

Part of me wishes I could have stayed Vindicator. Another part is glad I took the Provost offer. Being Provost is a lot more fun than it sounds and Vindicator was a lot less than I would have imagined. It had everything to do with my expectations.

Goodbyes:

TRIBUNAL: I was never, ever "close" to anyone in the cabal nor did I have any substantial conversations. I don't know if everyone was afraid of being booted or if nobody was much of a roleplay fiend to try and hang with Daz. First cabal experience like that, anyway. It wasn't totally bad. I tried to be mostly lone-wolf with this character. A few of you wow'd me on your interviews and a few of you barely eeked by. I don't feel too guilty leaving suddenly because the Spire's in decent shape with 5 or more who strike me as competent to very competent.

Individually? Not a lot to say. The two who stood out the most should pretty much know who they are.

Gordath: Thanks for inducting me. As a player I thought you were awesome, but evil, sphere-Vanity Dazan thought you were a goodie chump and did his best to push you around and be a weasel. He had his own ideas for the Spire, which I thought once enacted shone through pretty well.

OUTLANDER: Some of you were a pain in the ass. But you're mostly gone now.

Kazren: You're tough. I wish I got you that one time. I could freaking taste it. You bastard; it was close.

Qing: You're also tough. I got you once but you got me once or twice yourself. Always bugged me.

Dalbiddle: Some of the most fun and rewarding fights in the character's life.

Dezekayla: You were such guard-bait. I probably got half my kills off you, but you always bounced back.

Arminas: I almost felt very clever that one time in Silverwood, but you got away by the skin of your teeth. Then you went on and continued to make life hell, though you were a lot more cautious.

EMPIRE: Dazan didn't like the Empire much in all.

Yagharek - You put up a scary front, but on the inside, you were just a softie. A softie that hits like an 18-wheeler. It was sometimes fun running around with you. We just didn't often.

Aurilinus - You were a competent bard and another rare ally. It was fun.

SCION: Dazan liked the fold -- saw them as mages looking to make progress. He was big on civilization and progress and was definitely disappointed when you all got wanted and ran around like a bunch of ragers.

Maztriel - You're an interesting character and a good chancellor from what I've seen. Keep it up. Sorry we couldn't complete all the stuff we had in the works, but best of luck with it.

Minotaur-guy, Gondrak? Was that it? - Sorry about that last thing. I just kind of threw my arms up and realized I just wasn't into it much anymore.

BATTLE: Fire giant ragers tended to screw me up. Other warriors never really beat me consistently. None really stick out.

UNCABALED:
Mazz-drow-assassin - Fun talks, formidable opponent of the wits. Would have liked to resolve that all but I was just way out of it and, well, it was just time.

I think that was just about everyone I really interacted with. It's late and I'm tired. If you post a reply, I'll follow-up with you.

Have a great time in the fields,

Dazan/Dullameh/etc.
40470, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dazan Talshid the Austere Regulato...
Posted by Aurilinius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was good having you around, too bad you are gone, as you are pretty much the only Tribunal I've interacted with in like a month and a half. Good luck when you can come back

P.S. I'm still pissed you didn't trip Dalbiddle when we had him dead if you just tripped him once more, Heh.

40459, Great job
Posted by Qing on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tough character, good RP from what I saw. Re: what you said below about me using wither? Haha! It wasn't by choice. For some reason you and your guards seemed to get tougher and tougher with each meeting, and I had to use wither as my third maledict (after damn/blind) to slow down your weapon transfers before you kuh-kuh-killed me. Theoretically, I could then summon you somewhere. You were just too wily, though. And FWIW, I think Dazan (given his specs/legacies) would have been MUCH scarier as a provost than a vindicator - I can't imagine being sequestered and entwined with those badass guards raining down blows.

Anyway, here's to meeting you again in game sometime. I remember rolling a character just for the opportunity to fight Dullameh :P
40368, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dazan Talshid the Austere Regulato...
Posted by Arminas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Arminas: I almost felt very clever that one time in Silverwood, but you got away by the skin of your teeth. Then you went on and continued to make life hell, though you were a lot more cautious.

BELIEVE ME.. I nearly dropped off my seat when I saw I got out of that one. I have had some serious close calls, but nothing near that, even involving entire groups of attackers. I never once took Dazan for granted again and you, by far, gave me some of the best one on one fights I have ever had. I'm sorry to see you go. A HUGE blow to the Spire. Well done and I do hope you return in the near future. Best of luck in school.

Arminas
40364, And you forgot me, the nerve...
Posted by Dreaa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nicely done is probably the best I can say here. I didn't get to play to much with you, but we had some intresting talks to say the least. It was actually fun to pop in and bug you when you were just sitting around, I know how boring it can be to sit in a city and wait for something to happen. Sorry I didn't get to see more of you, my little abscence took a lot of time unfortunately and I missed out on quite a few people. Well done anyways! Good luck with school and your future, hope you come back soon!

-Dreaa
40367, RE: And you forgot me, the nerve...
Heh, you kept your word and made things more interesting. If I had another couple of weeks I'm sure something odd would have eventually happened. There was a reason I never outright refused you. Thanks much for the interaction. It was witty and challenging and helped me get back into the swing of my character, at least part-way. And thanks for the well-wishing; I'll probably be back eventually.
40357, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dazan Talshid the Austere Regulato...
Posted by Kazren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You kept me cursing about cutoff a few times. I think I had like 8 hps when I got away that one time. But, I was tanking you, your lieutenants, the executioner and like 15 or so guards and you kept getting away and going somewhere to heal up. I was probably just as pissed that I didn't get you. Good luck with school and hope to see you again in the fields.
40355, Well done.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nothing for nothing, you have to give mad props to a guy who sticks it out through some very difficult times. Your title was one of the hardest ones I have ever done. I love giving out titles to characters and it took me forever to find that right adjective...Austere. Regulator was the easy part. Good luck with school and everything else. Hope to see you in the fields in the future, CF thrives with good players like you.
40354, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dazan Talshid the Austere Regulato...
Posted by Dalteric on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How could you delete with "Regulator" in your title? Well, you were a good Provost, for your brief tenure, put a lot of effort into the job, while the Cabal needs it. I remember watching some of those fights with the outlanders--both the near Kazren and the Arminas out of city find--and just lamenting how you came so close.

In terms of leadership, I did like your make policies and declare them position (although one of them would have failed my test if it ever came to me), and I liked to see you applying and thinking about law--very much a good role for the Provost and magistrates in general.

Anyway, sorry to see you go, even though you warned me, I expected to get a few more weeks out of you. (I do wish I knew who two stand out so I can find promotions, but I'm sure they'll reveal themselves.) Good character, good fun, and I hope you enjoy school.
40351, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Dazan Talshid the Austere Regulato...
Posted by Zimel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That kind of sucks. Was trying to get up there in ranks to keep you company. Would have talked to you more, but conversations would have been along the lines of "City is quiet" or "We're getting assraped". Ah well. Thanks for the stuff anyways ;}
40350, My most respected enemy
Posted by Mantherial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for returning what you didn't need, even if I didn't get the chance to play again.
40349, Forgot...
I'd rolled to be a Marmaanth follower and almost deleted when he turned into a no-show-dormant Imm. Dalteric thankfully stepped in as a laid-back but very good replacement to run the cabal. I owe much fun to Dalteric and want to say thanks for the freedom and attention when it was needed.