Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Aubarelle Makere the Spectre
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=40303
40303, (DELETED) [SCION] Aubarelle Makere the Spectre
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Aug 8 08:48:44 2005

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Aubarelle perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:166
40307, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Aubarelle Makere the Spectre
Posted by Aubarelle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I finally made it to Spectre but it did me no good! My recent failed attempts have been Ruhbilon, Slyphur and Dupayne. Aubarelle was an attempt to learn from the mistakes of the others. As much as I did like playing the other three, they were definitely more PK oriented (I loved the challenge of level 51 conjurers against a lowly 36 Slyphur), so I set out to try and balance Aubarelle PK/RP wise. I wanted a cool role from the get-go. I wanted to act the way Aubarelle the character should (in every situation) and I wanted to give myself a shot at a lich quest. I ended up getting confused as to the actual quest I wanted (vampire or lich - as can been seen in my role) and I also got confused about the lich maker. I started out at the evil cleric, but got no response, so I turned to another NPC that Aubarelle thought could give her help on the Becoming - K'Teng. That didn't work out either because I didn't give it enough time. In hindsight, I wish I did a few things differently because Aubarelle inevitably was a failure as a character, in monumental proportions. She was meant to be a non-caballed character, but when I read over my role, it was just too fitting for a Scion. I sided with Scion, even got the fetish a few times before I was told that Scion wouldn't accept it. I never even wrote an application note. But when Maztriel asked me to pick a spot for an interview, I thought why not?

Farewells

Immortals:

- I'm cursing myself for not giving you guys a chance to give me a quest. Sub level 15, I'd always go out of my way (while trying to keep IC) to help a newbie. It was actually nice to be rewarded for it, so thanks.

To the Immortal that sent me those visions; that was awesome! I had probably better not be too specific, but I am fairly certain that the way I responded to the visions (which resulted in two corpses) would have put a grin on your face.

Dreaa: You didn't get to see much of me, but what you saw was horrible! I am suprised I wasn't slain after the way I was fighting, especially after talking myself up. When you were criticising me in the Chasm (pre me dying like an idiot) I really had to bite my tongue. OOC I wanted to spray you, but IC Aubarelle would never do that to a God.

SCION:
- Aumaenka: I really liked your character. It was so nice having an easy run through the ranks for once! You were actually bloody good at keeping me alive and well too.

- Maztriel: You are a cool guy. Really cool. You devoted a lot of time to me during that interview and you are obviously not new to Leadership roles. I would have liked to spend more time with you and seeing you rip the hell out of the goodies. One *very small* comment though; use capitalisation and proofread what you are typing. There were a few occasions where Aubarelle was trying to impress you IC, but OOC I was thinking "Is this guy an Engligh Second Language guy or is he having a bad typing day". Don't take that as a criticism because I thought you rocked.

- Bwate: I had to bad-mouth you to Maztriel to show him that Scion needed me, but in all honesty, you are a fearsome necromancer. I hope you get what is coming to you (and by that I mean your quest).

TRIBUNAL:
- Ueniihas: It was good learning with you. Pity we ended up fighting eachother.

- Dazan: Let's just say that I'd rather forget that period of Aubarelle's life. I died the first time because didn't check my sanc and didn't know your specs. I died the second time because I frickin' forgot to get my orb of travel out of my girdle and when you manacled me, my dex was ruined. Mind you, if orbs don't work against manacles, I was dead anyway. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I'd have trouble with a non-rager human warrior. Bleh. All I can say is that I really, really, really hope you are not the certain person I think you are.

OUTLANDER:
The best thing about you guys was that you actually didn't mind putting up a fight.

- Eyzy: I never thought I'd see a half-elf warrior played so well. I never did get you, you prick.

- Skryth: I heard good things about you and wanted to put them to the test. You were tough to track down. If I gave you another chance or two, I am sure you would have exacted revenge.

- Mysalu (sp): You are definitely new to invokers. However you were willing to defend the Fetish no matter what. Kudos.

- Arminas: You saved multiple people, multiple times from me. Annoying. But that is your job, so well done. I remember spying you attacking the dracolich in the mausoleum, so I knew you were pre-occupied, and I took that opportunity to kill a couple of your younger tribe.

EMPIRE:
You guys were trash talking cowards for the most part. There was some healer starting with an S who really gave me the ####s. I'd be busy attacking two empire assassins at once, and he'd save them several times. I thought, fine. He is a "friendly" Empire healer. Then I sleep both assassins on the ocean. He gates in and rescues them again. Personally, if I was in another sect and saw complete incompetence, I'd let it rot. He ends up telling me that he will help anyone that I fight, ever. I just thought that was awful roleplaying. Something like "I thank you for pointing out the weaknesses that exist in the Palace" (in reference to the two assassins) would have been more appropriate. Anyways, enough bitching. On to the assassins..

- Vorrak: Felt kinda guilty killing you because you are a new player, but at the same time, you started the fight.

- The other assassin starting with a K: Damn, you are the opposite of Vorrak, you knew exactly what you were doing and I was very pleased when I killed you. Since you put up such a good fight, I rewarded you by basically returning all your awesome set. Never saw you again after that.

- Izgmak: Never fight a level 36 necromancer when you are a level 31 AP. It won't work. You have to pick your fights. If the fights pick you, get the hell out (see my rager comments about me avoiding fights).

BATTLERAGERS:
- Gortol: You seem to be a well played rager. The time I killed you in Galadon, I was on 3 hps :P Calculated risk? Yeah well I got frickin' lucky. Actually I was on a pretty darn good PKing streak up until that point and thought I was God, but you quickly brought me back to reality.

- Minotaur warrior: Sorry, can't remember your name but you were a beast. Fastest death I've had in a long time. I didn't even get close to surviving the pincer lag. Since that death, I avoided you like the plague. I didn't want no more nasty spellbane/pincer action from you. You seemed to disappear of the face of Thera though.

- Xandrek: You are a new player as well, it seemed. Try not to be so annoying, you won't die as much.

FORTRESS:
You guys need to learn how to solo PK. The only one I can remember off the top of my head that DIDN'T rely on others was Rhilkjean. I had literally about 40 PK's wasted because two paladins, a healer and a bard would show up to ruin my day.

- Rhilkjean: You know what you're doing and basically once you got past level 40 I knew I'd never be able to kill you. You were feisty though which I liked and I hope you learned something when I killed you in the Hidden Room :P By the way, goodie nightgaunts are really not worth bothering with unless you know your victim is in a vulnerable state.

- Ruren: You certainly suprised me that one time when I didn't think I needed protections. I think you were suprised too :P You still needed that tesseract and auto-evil attack to finish me off though :P

- Makhtar: I liked how aggresive you were. You were like a pit bull. What I don't like is how you complained on CF about everyone ganging you when you clearly tried to take me down on two separate occasions with a helping hand. The first was you and Naldin. The second was you and Julberren. I don't care two hoots about a gang being after me (because you know the results of both occasions :P) but I don't like hypocrisy. Play an angry duergar shaman next time, I think you'd enjoy it.

- Limnoreia: Damn you go through con fast. I respect the balls to the walls, but you actually made me feel bad about killing you at the end.

Other random people:

- Sotino: If was good having you as a friend. I understood why we clicked like we did when I say your little bug issue on the board and found out who you were :)

- Yrbardok: Sorry for killing you. I don't normally kill Heralds but you were helping Rhilkjean rank and I couldn't have that! We ended up getting some sweet levelling going and we kissed and made up.

- Terak: You must be the guy the immortal is referring to in my immortal comments. I killed you about four times, but seriouly, that was your own fault. After the first one, I was going to let you off the hook.. but you started threatening me and telling me how you are going to smash me with all your friends. Despite this, I offered you a pact, but you rejected. So what is a necromancer supposed to do? I had to kill you multiple times. To your credit though, you kept at it. Something which I failed to do. You must have REALLY hated me though :)

If I missed anyone out then accept my deepest apologies. Would I have received a quest if I had just hung in there? I don't know. Maybe I didn't deserve once, Aubarelle wasn't my best effort.

Despite criticising Maztriel for not proofreading, I am not going to proofread this. Yes, I am a hypocrite and yes I hate hypocrites.

See you in the fields in about a months time. I need a break. Maybe I'll try a Lightwalker for once!
40311, Too bad..
Posted by Msaylu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You taught me a thing or three about being more careful with my spell choices. It's too bad you didn't go on and make yourself a vampire or lich: I'm sure my corpses would have piled up then :)
40313, To my eternal shame....
Posted by Maztriel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I was born and raised here in the good ‘ol US of A. English is my first and second language. ;) I’ve got a few thirds with which I’m dismal, but hey… who remembers high school foreign language classes anyway? With this character I’ve been a fairly lazy typist and I’ve butchered more words than I care to remember. For me it’s a balance between getting the dialogue out quickly or correctly. Believe it or not, but this is my first leader character. Your compliment means a great deal to me and I take it as a sign that I am doing well. As for your tenure in Scion, well I’ve got to say I’m a bit disappointed. I’d been waiting literally weeks to talk to interview you and when I finally do, you delete practically the next day! Hmph.

Anyway, I hope to see you again in the fields. I get the feeling that your time here may be winding down?
40316, You pissed me off, so i declared I'd pray for all your enemies.
Posted by Srinlete on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nothing wrong there, it was your fault for being arrogant.

I made everyone 'pay' for my prayers. If you want to try to get me to stop by 'pointing out how crap it is I pray for everyone', which is as far from the truth as I can imagine, then yes. I'm going to screw you over, and laugh at you. I really don't understand why you are so surprised and I think I'm likely the least friendly Imperial healer I've ever known.

Have fun, tough girl.
40321, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Aubarelle Makere the Spectre
Posted by Dreaa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dreaa: You didn't get to see much of me, but what you saw was horrible! I am suprised I wasn't slain after the way I was fighting, especially after talking myself up. When you were criticising me in the Chasm (pre me dying like an idiot) I really had to bite my tongue. OOC I wanted to spray you, but IC Aubarelle would never do that to a God.

Heh, you're right, I didn't get to see too much of you. I had a prolonged abscence I couldn't control but I'm back now and I'm glad I got to see a bit of you at least. I have to say I feel partially responsible for this deletion considering my pushing you in ways. Just because Dreaa wasn't impressed didn't mean I as a player wasn't. Dreaa is a hardcore bitch in my opinion, so if you do please her then expect horrible consequences. Well done and sorry for the pushing if it was indeed my pushing that brought this about. Keep it up and have fun!

-Dreaa

P.S. I proofread the first sentence, to much work so I gave up, but at least now you know why it was edited ;)
40322, A few words sums it up.
Posted by Rhilkjean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Anxious and Paranoid. That was generally the way I felt when knowing I had the chance for a full on one on one with you somethere. I had to say, after the wipeout of your range I head about a couple times in the midfourties, and our galadon fight, I never took you for a fool again. I knew if you could craft something like that up and handle me before, you would work out another encounter that would leave me helpless too. I walked on eggshells around your name...always.

Im glad you enjoyed our fights. Rhilkjean has no problem getting in there and mixing it up sometimes, its what CF is for.

Take care J,

Rhilkjean
40325, A bad mofo you were.
Posted by Eyzy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were the first char to actually cause me grief as how to approach the fights with you. I could never trip you, because you were always always flying... Cranialling you was pretty useless and my dirt kick attempts kept failing :p

So our fights pretty much always ended with me running away feeling that you had the way bigger gun

See you.
40326, I wasn't really expecting to be listed in there.
Posted by Sotino on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But thanks for the mention. When I saw the post with my name on it on the bugboard I was like... damint... oh well. Then Nepenthe removed it. It's funny you say that because I had always thought you disliked me. The last time I think we met ingame was on the opposite sides, I was the necro (Lord Adept of Necromancy) and you were the scarab conjurer. You caught me completely offguards and hurt with a nightgaunt into that damned cemetary. Man was I pissed since I was trying to gather for my lich quest. Ever since that char I have had a soft spot for necros trying to get the quest. I haven't tried for it again since... somdeay maybe... but I really don't know much of Thera anymore. Soo much change and soo much new. That's why I made Sotino, hoping to try stuff out. The funny thing is I am having troubel finding groups as a neutral conjurer with transplendant archons... so I kinda lost interest and have been playing EVE Online a bit with Dru. Thanks again for not looting anything other than my coins that one time, though it all might have crumbled by now anyhow. :P
40327, Oh yea...
And good job. I decided we should be friends after you kept killing all the groupmates I managed to get with Rhilkjean. Between you and the other necros I had trouble keeping any. :P
40328, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Aubarelle Makere the Spectre
Posted by Dazan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
- Dazan: Let's just say that I'd rather forget that period of Aubarelle's life. I died the first time because didn't check my sanc and didn't know your specs. I died the second time because I frickin' forgot to get my orb of travel out of my girdle and when you manacled me, my dex was ruined. Mind you, if orbs don't work against manacles, I was dead anyway. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that I'd have trouble with a non-rager human warrior. Bleh. All I can say is that I really, really, really hope you are not the certain person I think you are.

===

Well damn. I honestly felt bad the second time -- I rarely full loot for that reason -- but it wouldn't have made any sense for Daz to return everything so quickly a second time, especially considering the blatant challenge to his authority presented by the whole situation. I'm sorry if that's what pushed you over the edge. The fights were interesting, yeah, and I had hoped my specs would catch you by surprise. Knowing who you are now, I feel lucky I didn't catch you on one of your better days.
Also, I don't think you know who I am. I'm not like Graatch or Aether or some infamous/disliked forum personality. I'm curious now if I have a similar scent to someone else...
Anyway, thanks for the fun and good luck with your next.
40329, For those who didn't actually read the goodbye.
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did not play this character.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.
40330, I for one, am confused now.
Anyone know what I missed?
40332, The necros listed were all played by an Aussie n/t
Posted by Evil Genius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Anyone know what I missed?
40335, Confused about his post on Dios...
Posted he was gone and signed as Jhyrb. Then the delete showed up here. I assumed that meant Jhyrb played the char. Bleh.
40344, RE: Confused about his post on Dios...
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He posted as me as a joke. Get it? Right.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.
40333, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Aubarelle Makere the Spectre
Posted by Evil Genius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>- Makhtar: I liked how aggresive you were. You were like a
>pit bull. What I don't like is how you complained on CF about
>everyone ganging you when you clearly tried to take me down on
>two separate occasions with a helping hand. The first was you
>and Naldin. The second was you and Julberren. I don't care
>two hoots about a gang being after me (because you know the
>results of both occasions :P) but I don't like hypocrisy.
>Play an angry duergar shaman next time, I think you'd enjoy
>it.

I have certain expectations of the playerbase and "fair play". The world is not fair and i should get over it, i know.

To be honest, accusing me of being a hypocrite and ganging you do is hardly valid when you have 9 ranks on me and 5 zombies and I have a basic regear set. I don't remember the Naldin incident so i'll plead guilty of hypocrisy there then. Oops.

Aubarelle in general was a bit of a odd one for me, as a rule i dislike necro's for ye' old flee/sleep technique which you employed often enough but you were more than willing to mix it up in a fight with me which i liked. On the flip side, i brick myself when i pk necromancers, it's always way too easy to get that sleep in and totally change the fight.
All in all, thanks for being around! :>
40370, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Aubarelle Makere the Spectre
Posted by Arminas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
- Arminas: You saved multiple people, multiple times from me. Annoying. But that is your job, so well done. I remember spying you attacking the dracolich in the mausoleum, so I knew you were pre-occupied, and I took that opportunity to kill a couple of your younger tribe.

Scary damn necromancer. When you hit my range I was looking forward to the fight, but it never came. If you were a tenth more competant than your counterpart, I would have (possibly, I do have luck on my side much of the time.) been toast. I actually enjoyed saving people from you, in all honesty, because I was under the impression you already had a beastly pk ratio/record and did everything I could to save the hides of your targets, even if I wasn't all that fond of them. Have to remember Necromancer = worse than anything save the hellish to an outlander. Especially a goody one. Good job. Never play a necromancer again. At least while I'm playing a goodie. Oh.. right, Please. ;)

Arminas
40397, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Aubarelle Makere the Spectre
Posted by Aumaenka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bah..pity you deleted so soon and I never got a chance to run around with you as a scion itself. You were a powerful necromancer, thanks for all the help retrieving and regearing. I really liked your character as well.