Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Macumba Telenius the Hand of the Unseen, Magistrate of Galadon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=40198
40198, (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Macumba Telenius the Hand of the Unseen, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Aug 1 18:36:17 2005

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Macumba perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:351
40210, Well done
Posted by Dalteric on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just wanted to say I agree with a lot of what was said. You were a very dedicated character, always good to see. You gave your whole life (the con die) also love to see it. Like Lyristeon, I saw so many times I'd see you very nearly finish off a big bad, and then they'd get away because you didn't steal the teleport potion, or sheer luck or what have you.

I think towards the end people really started to respect you--and I saw the beauties of the Binder Thief Tribunal. Anyway, good work, and I'm sure you'll find the cabal hard to resist in your next incarnation.
40206, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Macumba Telenius the Hand of the Unseen, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Wondibati on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Glad you had fun with your char. Always good to see cousins...hard to see them go. Have a great time with your next char.
40199, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Macumba Telenius the Hand of the Unseen, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Macumba on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well...

It was my first thief, my first tribunal and my first con death! It was good to play him... It was fun! In the beggining of my tribunal life I was so damn bored with tribunal duties that I started making a lot of enemies. It was Fortress to begin... some Scions, and then Battles... I know thats not smart thing to do with a thief, but... I was after fun, not power or whathever, and I got it...

I was kinda surprised when I became a Provincial and got my last name... I consider myself a newbie, and I think I dont do my role very well... first because I am not patient enough in some situations and second because english isnt my first language and that turns everything harder to me.

Well.. I've made a #### there and returned to Magistrate Status.

Sorry for all players that I bored with that blackjack, bind, steal and flee thing... hehehe... It was kinda fun, and yes, I was after gathering enemies.

Goodbies:

TRIBUNAL: Some in there helped me much IC and especially OOC with tips I will use with all my characters. I consider almost all in there better players than myself.

Melacarfina: Very good friend. I liked you a lot, always funny playing with you. Very good tips you gave me.

Onirakoth: IC I hated you, OOC I loved you. Damn that character was FUN!

"Macumba: Yellou there Chief!!!
Onirakoth: Yes."

HAHAHA. I loved that!

well... It was a lot of characters... I cant remember all very well...
BUT THANK YOU ALL!

OUTLANDER:
They are fun! Though they are too strong!!! or was myself too weak? probably the second one...

Reggie and Parantl: Damn! I HATE YOU TWO! UHAUHA you must have killed me a million times!
That boulder hurts svirfs too much!

some of you were damn boring.. but always hard fighting. Well played.

BATTLES: Think that I won 3 in 100 fights with them... they are OVERPOWERED! too strong! think my next character will be a rager. I loiked you too!

FORTRESS: they are too much people nowadays.. cant remember.. but I fought them all. and it was FUN!

Thanks IMM's for making such a good game... though it need some improvisations in my sight... but nothing is perfect! and it will never be.

Farewell!
40200, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Macumba Telenius the Hand of the Unseen, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think you really grasped how much of a threat you could have been until you had like 5 deaths left. There were quite a few times that you just made silly little errors that caused you to come up on the wrong end of a pk situation. Yes, I could tell that you were a newbie because of it, but you really came a long way from when I first saw you until the end. Good job on learning a lot and good luck with the next. As for things being overpowered, let's just say that is probably more because of your being new and less of any real game imbalance.
40201, Good showing
Posted by Ueniihas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nothing better than a character full of first.
I hope you enjoyed them all.
I played alongside you in a incarnation or two, and could tell you were still learning, but Lyriston said you learned alot and that should make you muchos happy to get that kind of compliment.

Good luck with whatever is next and don't sweat the ESL thing.
40202, Brazilian?
Posted by Fereksah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're not from Brazil, are you? (The name.)

Anyway, while it was obvious you were a newer player, I respected both your steadfastness and the apparent improvements you made.

When I first started fighting you, I almost felt bad at how unprepared to fight a warrior like Fereksah you seemed to be. However, by the time I deleted you were capable of surprising me and trouncing me at times.

I hope your next character can build on all you've learned and you continue to have fun!
40205, Yes, I am. (n/t)
nt
40203, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Macumba Telenius the Hand of the Unseen, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Qaledus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Well...
>
>It was my first thief, my first tribunal and my first con
>death! It was good to play him... It was fun!

That's such a neat and weird mix. It was very interesting to
see a thief do what you did, and I'm glad you had a good time
doing it.

Qaledus
40207, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Macumba Telenius the Hand of the Unseen, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Dazan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I sort of came in at what seemed to be the tail end of Macumba's life. I could see you were a newbie, but you were obviously dedicated and had a wonderful attitude. Great job sticking it out and I'm glad you learned a lot. Sorry to see you go.
40208, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Macumba Telenius the Hand of the Unseen, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Dazan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And by the way, regarding the English not being your first language -- if I could speak Spanish or Portuguese as well as you could speak English, as choppy as you may be, I could die happy.
40212, FINALLY!!!
Posted by Heas the Maran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The fact that your STILL a Tribunal has been bothering the crap out of me since Heas was a mortal. I don't know how many times, in the wee hours of the morning, you blackjacked me in Galadon. I know I killed you twice at Market Square after you failed you blackjacks and I entwined. I don't know how many other people you did this to who never knew it was you. My only guess was that you did it at a time when you knew no one was likely to be watching, and thus never got caught.

SHAME SHAME SHAME on you, and on the immortal who was supposed to be watching you.
40214, RE: FINALLY!!!
It's a Lie, I have never jacked you in the city, when you were not flagged.
40218, Man..
Posted by Zhuanth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always wish I knew when people were about to die off or some such, since it seems like this con death took place mere hours after I last saw you. Was hoping to do some more work with you because a transmuter and a binded victim would be all but impossible to beat. Not to mention your scouting of the eastern road was ALWAYS nice to hear.

On aside, I hope you stick with Tribunal and not village (but I'm bias against village, and love tribunal). Good luck with your next!

Zhuanth
40226, Bah! I was trying to find some way...
Posted by Szyrivlyrha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
for you to pay for the inconvenience you caused me. I thought that was a bastard thing to do especially since you weren't willing to work with me but I guess you do what you have to do.
40266, RE: (CON LOSS) [TRIBUNAL] Macumba Telenius the Hand of the Unseen, Magistrate of Galadon
Posted by Arminas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well I hope I didn;t fall under the boring, but not many options presetn themselves against a damn sneaky thief as a healer. I'd have to say all in all you were the greatest pain, even more so than Dazan and hes bad enough, because when you play with a whole cadre of chaotics it usually works like this..

1> Attack Captain
2> See Captain greet someone you cannot see
3> Cabalmates say 'Oh, by the way, Macumba is around.
4> cb I'm blackjacked.

No way around it. You made life hard, but fun. I'll miss our tussles even if you did find my challenge in the 'boring' catagory.

Arminas