Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Shoz the Keeper of Faith
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=40180
40180, (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Shoz the Keeper of Faith
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jul 30 23:20:08 2005

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Shoz perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:shaman
Level:40
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:102
40195, Reasoning
Posted by Shoz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I planned to let him slip into oblivion without notice if nobody replied, but one person cared to, so I'll give reasons to my delete.

1. This character progressed into an "evil light" which is something that I really hate about outlanders, because they have a tendency to do that. Still evil, but marginally so.
2. This character was a pseudo-stereotype thats only real originality was the fact that people didn't do it because they don't care to follow no god.

I liked whoever the guy that empowered me was, prolly Lyristeon since he replied, and the reason I went for following no imm is because I have bad luck with imms. I've tried a number of empowerment characters, 4 imms deleted as I created their followers, 2 simply weren't there, and 1 autodeleted despite the fact that I was assured he played often, they were thinking of someone else. The best luck I've had with imms was bloody Yanoreth, and she's supposedly around least of all.

One of the reasons I stuck around so long was because of Mikatra, I really wanted to kill them with this character. Calling a strength obsessed fire giant weak is something you don't do, but then Mikatra deleted and my goal for reaching 51 was gone.

Shamans: This class is teh gawdz0rz. Everyone should make a shaman. They're like mages that can't die. I'm teh uber cautious, so this class fit perfectly into my playstyle, and with outlander chameleon, I was practically unkillable. Kinda wish I lvled a little more, I would have liked to have initiated with rot from the bushes where nobody could see me.

Anyhoo, this character was relatively fun despite my hating him to the core of my being with every move space he took.
40213, Aww...
Posted by Mikatra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aww... How sweet! I would have liked to kill you too. I was getting close to besting Qing, but he still had too many more advantages as a shaman over a ranger. But he was likely being easy on me anyway.

I enjoy good allies, and good enemies. When your own allies are your enemies too, you have the best fun. I was hoping you'd see it this way and would hero so you could make trouble for the others. Oh well. Good character. Good luck with the next!
40277, Cool character
Posted by Dhurin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your reason for autoing:
>1. This character progressed into an "evil light" which is something
>that I really hate about outlanders, because they have a tendency to do
>that. Still evil, but marginally so.

I believe I know excactly what you are talking about. I have had the same problem with some of my previous chars.

I remember Shoz fondly solely based on one session where you were 35. It was a super fun session where Dhurin fought you and some empires on and off. I was trying to find ways to say keep up the good work without going OOC.

We never met again, another fun killer for Dhurin. I would have loved to have you as an enemy. I have trouble explaining this properly as English is not my first language, but I guess I prefer the game with an undercurrent of humour and Shoz made me laugh as well as offered me some thrills during that session.

Anyway, you might not even remember the encounter with Dhurin the plain speaking dwarf, but I had fun, and I hope you will find it with your next character.
40194, RE: (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Shoz the Keeper of Faith
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were doing really well and were being looked at for Nightreaver along with Kazren, then you just stopped showing. Good luck with your next.