Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vinourak the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=39791
39791, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vinourak the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jul 17 03:10:40 2005

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Vinourak perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:191
39794, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Vinourak the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Tangar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked your character, that mix only a skilled player could perform - confident + mighty. Every time we traveled together you showed me what a real warrior is and what should I strive for.

Goodluck with your next! (You aint quitting, right?)
39793, I ate con like chicken.
Posted by Icthaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Phewph, sorta glad it's over, sorta sad it's over. Either way, I had some great fun with this character despite my COMPLETE inability to roleplay an evil. After a while I relied on 'grinning evilly' at anyone and everyone and I constantly feared falling into the same sort that Acaga had (I loved Acaga as Liurnya way back and his rp, but I don't want to be known as a follower/copier etc.. I wanna be unique I guess). Anyway for the first few hours I was frustrated with the playerbase in general. If I won a fight I would get tells 'You only won because of deathblow' and if I lost a fight i'd get the impression of 'you're a berserker and I still beat you? Damn you suck' (which may be true).

Anyway, pkwise he was about as up and down as his roleplay. I would go on killing sprees, nailing a few groups ranking or taking some down with me, or i'd just get owned by maztriel/azakard or Dorn/Qulenit etc.... I do however believe that I exemplified a sphere courage follower. Mostly that is, as there were surely several lapses. On to a few individual goodbyes.

Yagig : I'm sure i've interacted with a past character or two of yours, your play style seemed way familiar. And that's a good thing, loved our talks, loved our fights although they would've been WAY different if you had iceshield. Just ask Maztriel. Good luck with him, you're just as much of a beast as you said Vinourak was.

Other scions : Keep trucking, you all seem to be getting better and better. And I enjoyed logging on and having a bunch of enemies to dodge/fight. A lot funner then logging on to 4 villagers and maybe one uncaballed warrior.

Battle : Ah I believe you've taken Fortress over as my favourite Cabal. I love the smack talking on the cabal channel and Gerylanst is one of the better leaders of all time without a doubt. I also love that if I don't like something in the cabal, I can't just say what I think unlike with Icthaen when i'd subtly make suggestions. The Circle of Rites is one of the great inventions of Carrion. Too bad I think i only used it twice for actual disputes.

Brindelbin! : You bastard. Can't believe you immed and weren't there for my last death. You deserve the immship although I know you're gonna miss the pk. I have a feeling we've met before also in other incarnations, and I love your laid back, yet oddly intense play style. Enjoy it up there ShortKnife!

Other Villagers or would-be villagers : Gortol sorry i didn't have time for the rec and I imagine you're out there dying to the plague as we speak. Sorry again, just bad timing. Grim, Khazun...Keep it up. Solid berserkers who stick to the village focus (something I struggled with) are what the village needs. You two can be that.
Brunlid : Mouthy little SOB

Fortress :

Caek : I was pissed IC and OOC that you had that tattoo because I really didn't think you deserved it, until you fought me without any preps. That was impressive in an rp sort of way and changed my opinion of you.

Dorn : Defiance and Bal'Talon suck, sometimes I think you could just sit there and not enter any commands and i'd still have trouble killing you. I did make you run quite often though :)

Qulenit : Tough matchup

Seltun : Bugger elf taking Vinourak's last life. Well fought, thought it was rather wimpy that I killed you, and then you had time to unghost and get me as I waited off a 50 hours plague. wimpy in that that wasn't how I pictured con dying. Good luck.

ITEQUELAGUA : Killing you those few times was one of the great pleasure's in Vinourak's life. I won't lie, there's not much I liked about your character, but that is only from my point of view. I'm sure from another's it would be different. I hope you try to challenge yourself some more with your next char.

And last but not least. IMMS!

I believe I only interacted with Ordasen and Eshval, but it was all top notch and I enjoyed every moment of it.
Ordasen : Your necklaces/trophies are SUCH a huge boots to village morale etc... And it's damn masculin to run around wearing the warbelt of some bitchass mage you just smacked. I love it. Thanks for talking me out of the rage delete, I was pretty disgusted with everything at that point.

Eshval : If you didn't have so many followers already, i'd roll up one of my own. Everything i've seen from you was great, and your perceptive comments were much appreciated. If I wasn't sphere courage, i'd maybe have stopped by the gallery.

The staff : Thanks for all you do, can't say it enough...

I know I forgot a bunch, so if ya post I can tell you what I thought.

Anyway, summer goes on and I shall make sure to enjoy it before the drudgery of school takes me. I'll probably be back, no matter what promises I make to myself about quitting this addiction.
Take it easy.

Hykroln, Scharnz, Agaeobab, Liurnya, Pinthovi, Yintrik, Oltrambel, Ontylirn, Icthaen, Vinourak and a ton of others that I can't remember at the moment.
Peace
39795, Sidenote : Proofreading seems overrated after drinking. Sorry :) nt
nt
39796, You were the single one I couldn't handle at all...
Posted by Ramalleh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You would find me real quick even from our youth and just load out soooo much damage it was insane. Even through five shields and barrier you would just take me out 1k hp in like two rounds. I think I only killed you once or twice, and that was with someone else tanking outside town so I could actually dish out some damage. Good luck with your next and keep having fun.
39797, RE: I ate con like chicken.
Posted by Qulenit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had nothing but respect for you. You are one of only two ragers that faced me without spellbane, and you still kicked my teeth in. Played a damn good berserker though, all out. who cares if you die just take someone with you.
39803, RE: I ate con like chicken.
I just wish transmuters weren't such rager meat so we could've had some one on one fights. But your only option was spell up the maran and watch them kick my ass :)
Frustrating for both of us I imagine. Good luck.
39798, RE: I ate con like chicken.
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I emjoy watching the Village, you guys have such swings I get to see lots of action, you're either dying or killing someone...In Eshval's eyes, you folks are among the great sanguinary artist aroung. In particuly, Vin was about split equally on kill and being killed, but you were always up for a fight and had some pretty decent snappy retorts to friends and enemies, but I never saw you degrade anyone. As far as Eshval having too many followers, nope...I enjoy them all and each is judged on their own merit that they set themselves.

Good luck on where your mood and inspiration takes you next.
39799, Well, you had guts coming out of your ears.
Posted by Dorn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You really charged into some bleak situations. I know that we didn't always have one on one fights, but except for the time I summoned you into the fort, it was because you charged the group I was in. For your next one, try to think beyond pincer and bash. I'm not going to tell you what, but for a long period there, there were things you could have done that would have killed me every time. However, it was always just bloodthirst bash bash bash. Anyway, I really liked our fights, keep up the good work.
39802, Hrum...as far as tactics in our fights.
I went with axes because you would have more trouble parrying them. There is no way I can weaponbreak any of the weapons you had. Whirl? I doubt that would do anything but maybe worth a shot. Dirt/disarm would be good with swords yes, and hook maybe, just maybe worth a shot althought I never took the time to work on that skill enough. So basically my best option was to try to lag you with pincer or bash, and avoid fighting you in champs stand. Your strikes were doing lots of damage so my best bet was avoiding those and calling blood, warcry, berserk and just do some damage. Anyway, when i'm back it won't be with such a simple minded character pkwise. Definitely something with some more flare and less bash bash pincer pincer flurry flurry etc....
ciao
39801, I knew this was coming
Posted by Maztriel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Whenever I saw you around it was in front of a trail of corpses. The problem was that about half of them were yours. You very much lived the adage 'no guts, no glory!' and you had plenty of both my friend. I knew whenever I faced you i'd need to gobble up a mess of wands or I'd be liable to end up at the temple altar. You packed punch even with total trash. You spooked me quite a few times though I don't think you ever got me. I wouldn't have gone near you if I didn't have shield of ice. It seems there's a bit of a lull in the village now (Scion usually has the scepter now when I login) and they'll be needing Vinourak2 soon :)
39814, Great Job..txt
Posted by Yagig on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I truely envied your ability to play Vin the way you did. I would not call him sucidal, just maniacaly courageous, and that is something I have never been able to pull off. I have always been more of a tactical player who likes to weigh the odds of me getting a kill and getting out. You seemed to play Vin with the idea of "What are the odds of me killing one of them before I die?". You reminded me of Tugg and that is about as good a compliment as I can give a villager. I think each character is defined partly by their foes and Vin was just one more quality opponent I am sad to see go. I think most of us like to get some quality banter from our enemies instead of piss and vinegar and Vin was great for that. Great job being fearless and I'll see you back in the fields again soon.
39818, Remember when I caught you east of Udgaard as lowbies?
Posted by Vinourak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After that I thought 'Poor guy is new with invokers as I would be'. Then we meet again in hero range and you turn out to be my best foe most likely. Those fights we had at the end with you trying to regain the scepter were just a blast. Best fights i've had since Icthaen.
Your emotes were freaky, and made me want to role a scion although i'll stay away i think until i figure out the evil roleplay thing.
Anyway, thanks for the good comments and see ya in the fields.
39817, Well done.
Posted by Caek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had a great pleasures fighting with you. Hated all that bashing, bloodthirsting, axes, resisting.. Still enjoyed it every time I fought you, some lost, some won. Caek just couldnt resist the idea of a fair duel, where nobody runs, though it definetely worked best for you. I didnt summon anything, didnt use Qulenit's quickining (just once when I had it when ran into you), most of the time just calling aristea and managing to do something before your bashing got me.
About tattoo.. I will post about it as soon as I will retire.
Good luck with the next.
39823, Ick, I hope you were hasted in some of those other fights...
Posted by Vinourak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because that was often my excuse for getting my ass beat down (at least that's what I told myself). All those times on the Mount and then near the Fort you laid a pretty good beating on me. Enlarged storm giant is damn tough to bash, and I didn't perfect pincer till hero so it was pretty unreliable. The fights I won over you were because I landed a few good bashes or a deathblow or too. That one fight on west dairien was just ridulous. You should've won that. Anyway, I had my ups and downs regarding your character but in the end I was convinced you'd make a good leader. Good luck with it.
39819, RE: I ate con like chicken.
Posted by Runaktla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tried to give Vinourak something to think about when I
was playing :) Hope I didn't come off as a person just
whining about Battle power's ICly, it was all just a
part of me either (a) trying to make you feel as if you
were worthless without them (b) trying to get you to
not follow the Rager's ideals or (c) trying to get you
to fight me without spellbane =) Fat chance on the
latter one though I tried, thanks for trying to solo me
at the Archmage, closest to even that I could get with
you. :)

Yeah, Icthaen was a cool char, although the only thing
that I can remember standing out in my mind was those
times I'd word folks when you had them nearly dead. I
liked pissing you off :)

- Runaktla
39820, Yeah I hated that
I remember SEVERAL times I would have Gakken or Anubris writhing and a disembowel on the way when I'd see 'Gakken disappears' and you would step out of duo. Damn you! I do though remember specifically one situation where you did that and died to a spiffy pincer gang bang of me and Sydrian. So there is some justice alas.

As for Vinourak, you did kill me if I correctly recall, though i forget the circumstances. Anyway, great character. I'm unsure I could ever pull off a character that is so vulnerable without lots of dam redux, and you pulled it off well.

I hope I see you in some form soon.
39827, RE: I ate con like chicken.
Posted by Koai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dam... sucks that you died...
but hey you had lots of fun thats what counts...
Now I just need someone to travel with to get abit more action..
and.. it seems our paths cross all the time..
good luck with your next one...
39838, RE: I ate con like chicken.
Posted by Gerylanst on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Burning through con, just like rusenlan....HAH!!! Well played, a great berserker. I have a habit of liking your villagers, I hope you come back maybe!

Good luck on the next

Gerylanst
39855, Aww, thats all I get for taking a full point of con?
Posted by Azakard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, I liked Vin, especially how you didn't give the #### up to the point of driving me up the wall
And it figures it was Icthaens player *BLEH*
Atleast I got revenge *cackle*