Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) <SCARAB> Phinitz the Forest Warrior of the Onyx Temple, Flame of the Scarab
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=397
397, (DEL) Phinitz the Forest Warrior of the Onyx Temple, Flame of the Scarab
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Mar 5 16:44:27 2001

2 o''clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of Futility on the Theran calendar Phinitz perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:365
PK Ratio:68% (closer to 100% is better)

398, Very, very well done.
Posted by Nivek (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Perhaps we could talk via email or IM regarding tactics and such. I don't claim to be king of the rangers or anything, and you did much better than I did. Perhaps some lessons would help me out - if you were willing to give them.

As I posted on Dio's forum, I thoroughly enjoyed our talks - it seemed as if we believed in the same ends, just not he means to reach those ends. I hope your next character is every bit as good as Phinitz was.

Kiac
nivek3941 (IM)
nivek3941@hotmail.com
399, Cyradia, and any other Immortals
Posted by Phinitz (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm curious how I did as Flame, and what Immortal opinion was of me in general.

If any of you are willing to respond, thanks in advance.
402, RE: Cyradia, and any other Immortals
Posted by Leika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Speaking for the Maran imms we were always impressed with your guts and skill. You kept our kids nervous, even when they had overwhelming odds, and made it out of some very sticky situations. To me, at least, the brightest badge is the fact that you went into those same situations in the first place. I'm not sure how much, if any, time Shok spent watching you, but the three of us sat around fairly frequently listening to the Maran channel as they tried(and failed) to figure out how to kill you. I know nothing of your role, or how well you stuck to it, but I'm glad the kiddies had an enemy like you. Well done on that side, anyway.
403, Marans and other Fortressites
I've never considered myself one of the "elite", so being called skilled by one of the best recent killers is a pretty high compliment - thanks. As for the guts, rangers have a few tricks that really help in situations where you're outnumbered. I had a ton of fun fighting with your "kiddies" and thought it was interesting when I noticed some of them got alot better. After the change in cabals, your kids really made up the bulk of my enemies, and the way my role was, I wasn't about to go hide somewhere when I had enemies to hunt. I sometimes got careless and died for it, but I always had fun. As for my role, it's up on Dio's page, or I'm sure I could email it to you if you like.
400, Office of the Flame
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was fairly impressed with you. I'm not typically a fan
of the whole *put something inside of stars* stuff, but the
growling would have been hard to pull off any other way. That,
and you were consistant with it, so that won some points with
me.

Even though you were a Cyradia follower, you seemed to understand
the Great Wild Beast mindset pretty well, and any time I watched
you speaking with others about the Cult you seemed to get it,
which is something I can't say for the majority of the member-
ship. I've pretty much been hands-off of Cyradia's kids, but I
was certainly tempted to do some more interesting things with
you.

With the changes in the cabal structure and the other new things
introduced in the last several months, being a Cultist was
probably harder and lonelier than you expected when you started
off. Overall, I'd say you did a great job.

401, RE: Office of the Flame
As you said, I really couldn't have done the growling any other way, and it made complete sense with my role. It was annoying at times, in ooc ways. Besides the simple fact of how much longer it could take to say things, I couldn't go in areas or use items that had keywords/phrases. Using the "say" command wouldn't fit with the character. I only wish I'd gotten Cyradia to make me noyell earlier.

As for the GWB... I was never quite sure where the line between GWB and Ruby/Onyx philosophy was. I had my take on the philosophy pretty well defined and got better with it as I debated, but I never would have declared it as GWB, I just considered it Scarab philosophy. You might consider making one of those "ask about the religion" forums that several of the other Imms have here. The Scarab philosophies are incredibly rich, even before you get into dividing them into Ruby/Onyx/GWB. It's one thing I really enjoyed about it - I never got into a situation as you have with some religions, where it feels like you've said all there is to say about it. A few times I even got people to admit that they agreed with parts of my philosophy, when their affiliations were pretty well-opposed to it.

As for doing some interesting things with me, I wish you had. While there were a few glimmers, I didn't get much Immteraction in the later part of his life, which was part of why he got tiresome.

As for the loneliness, the Cult actually seemed to be on a real downswing well before the new cabals came in. The character was something of a loner anyway, which helped alot - but still, it could get boring. It was really unfortunate that we finally got a few new members, and they got themselves booted again. But the philosophy can be hard to get, as you said, and I'm really proud I had it enough to earn the Flame position. It was unexpected, but very enjoyable. Though I did wonder - didn't there used to be a tattoo of the Flame of the Scarab?

P.S. I'm not sure who to write to about this, so I'll put it here. I tried to register Phinitz, but never got an email.