Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Aselk the Menkyo
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=39520
39520, (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Aselk the Menkyo
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jul 7 14:58:12 2005

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Aselk perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:45
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:82
39525, RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Aselk the Menkyo
Posted by Kazren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you aren't going to use hide, you should try flee or vanish. Especially vanish against a pole spec. Fortunately, I only think I killed you twice because the player in me stopped wanting to hunt you. You weren't 'defiler' enough for me to hunt you all the time. You took it really well and should do the outlander thing next time because I think it would really suit your mentality.
39521, What a quick blaze. Farewells enclosed
Posted by shamanman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aselk was a character to mess with assassins and dilly and dabble in them. Sadly, I'm just too suicidal to play assassins half decently. Fortress was really cool for the most part, I know I pissed off a good deal of acolytes by telling them to leave me alone and not heal me, even when we both knew I was going to die. I tried to be a primary solo hunter and not gang heavily, Assassin tank ability helped out with that, just not enough to counteract blindness dusting tons of people. Making full maran was great, especially in about 80 hours. I assumed I was dying too fast to get it. On to the farewells.

First and Foremost, Shokai. You were great with the Con and the easy task you gave me. Also thanks a bunch for the Maranation. You are very cool and the Fort needs more shok.

Aarn, we didn't interact much but the induction interview was very thorough, thanks for that. I learned a lot about the Fort in that interview.

Qulenit, You and I didn't see eye to eye, but I could tell you knew what you were doing and you always had the right spell on key before I could ask for it.

Leeyantra/Limnoreia, Thanks for pulling my feathers behind out of trouble when I bit off far more then I could chew.

Zurlok, You're beefy and I enjoyed whacking a few with you.

Seltun, Thanks for the regear runs, I greatly enjoyed the trade of insults. You appear to be quite deadly too.

I know I'm forgetting a bunch, but theres a lot of you. Time to play an evil

Enemies:

Vinourak, You were great. I had to try hard so I wouldn't come off as friendly to you. Despite the stompings I felt like they were good fights none the less.

The rest of evil battle sword spec giant, you guys all kind of blended together. Oh well, sorry.

Jul, you bitched and bitched and bitched about how I couldn't take you solo, then I smacked you down right at the giant. Solo.

Saqwazaz, Ouch. You punked me consistently.

Xuraphen, You just plain outplayed me. Sure, I didn't do kicks, but you didn't do kicks either when you found out I did not, you just straight up nailed me.

Judacrith, I had some respect for you in the mid ranks, then we ranked up and you turned into a very bitter person, oh well.

Thats all I can remember right now, Oh well.

39522, RE: What a quick blaze. Farewells enclosed
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Sadly, I'm just too suicidal to play assassins
>half decently.

This is very true. I can't remember how many times I saw you get rolled by a gang or single very tough character that didn't have detect hidden, either because you couldn't be bothered to hide or just attacked them anyway.

My advice: I think invoker could suit your style very well. Go with 4 or 5 path to virtually eliminate the practice time, and pick paths that give you powerful attack spells (e.g., don't pick for which protective shield you don't want to be missing), especially at the low levels. If you like the way blindness dust plays, get wind wall. Get fireball and lightning bolt. Just go to town.

If I had to lay money on it, I'd say you'd con die even faster with that but probably kill twice as many people.
39524, Well Neppy one thing to remember
Posted by Nightwiggler on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Remeber that shield ded paladin who con died about 3 months ago that you were stonished by the speed of? Go check that deletion thread.....

All hail shamanman!
39530, I'm aware. :)
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's why I'm trying to offer helpful suggestions!
39523, RE: What a quick blaze. Farewells enclosed
Posted by Saqzawaz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You hit the nail on the head. You were way too suicidal. Attacking Dazan, an axe spec tribunal with guards, in town, while naked? What was the point of that? To be honest, I'm a little surprised you got full maran. Not for lack of effort or because your role-play was bad, but because you seemed to show such an utter lack of regard for your own life.

Willingness to die is generally a good thing- you don't want people in your cabal who won't do what it takes to defend, help a cabalmate, etc. But by the same token, you don't want people who are naked and immaterial half of the time they're online. At least, that's the sort of standard I'd use if I were a mortal leader. Maybe I'm way off.

Just so you know, I was attempting to run away from you prior to that last fight in Arkham. I figured you were still naked, and there's not much sport in wrecking naked people.
39527, Actaully....txt
Posted by Judacrith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I only turned bitter that one time to be honest, I was so pissed when i tried to have the balls to raid aginst two heros and you ( not to mention the paladin healing you all)and then some asswhole full loots me only time i was ever bitter and i swore to get revenge for that other than that i had tons of respect all through life for you i loved fighting you our fights were either close or you would win and on the occasion i made you flee
39531, RE: What a quick blaze. Farewells enclosed
Posted by Qulenit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man oh man. I really tried to give you some advice, maybe I was just too blunt with it. I swear it was like every five minutes you would be dead, then I'd see you with like a bracer and dagger and saying you're going hunting. Then you'd be dead again. Yeesh. Like I said, I completely respect balls and tenacity, but just being suicidal is... meh. My last piece of advice, obviously too late for this character. When you're about to go charging into a fight, seriously ask yourself what the chances of survival is (don't even worry about chances of killing someone yet). If it's below 50%, turn around. If every time you do go into the fight you get killed, reevaluate what you think a half and half chance is. Oh, and if someone tells you "Hey, don't go doing that, real bad idea", humor them and listen. Good luck with your next, and I really mean that. Unlike Nep I would suggest rager berserker, I like the suicidal ones, reminds me of how they use to be.