Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Emonnev the Ferally Envious, Vindicator of the Blood Tribunal
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=39476
39476, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Emonnev the Ferally Envious, Vindicator of the Blood Tribunal
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jul 1 20:55:49 2005

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Emonnev perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:anti-paladin
Level:45
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:180
39965, Thread locked. (n/t)
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
39498, Disgusted and done.
Posted by Emonnev on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll keep this short.

Thanks Marmaanth for great interactions. It was the most unique immortal relationship I have had and I think it was perfect for your Envy religion. I hope the frustration and roleplay of Emonnev came through. Your reactions and comments really gave me something to build on with the character, thanks.

I stopped playing for one reason. I spent hundred or so hours fighting against odds over and over to get to where I was. And when I lost my unholy I didn't care. Didn't care until I got a copied instant message from the player who took it stating, "I got Emonnev's weapon, perma an anti-paladin up to 36 so I can leech it." And so it was done, under the guise of "accidently" dropping it. This then happened a second time, by the same group of perma group individuals. I can no longer play with this kind of thing going on.

Thats really it.I could put down names, details, etc., but it would be deleted and it isn't really worth it. I made a difficult and unique combo and was rewarded with a perma-group who took my hard earned charges and transferred them to their lower level ooc buddy anti-paladin, not once but twice. There are always people willing to take the easy/ooc/cheat path and when it hits this hard in my face, I could not continue. Its not like its some new player doing this, these are people who have been playing for years, cheating, skirting OOC rules, etc. It is really disheartening and disgusting when vet players do this so they don't have to do the hard work of an anti-paladin. Pathetic and I'm done. I would ask why but I already know the answer. Its the same answer one gets with battlerager applicants using magic, goodies siding with evil battleragers to raid Empire, etc. Thats it. Thanks and good luck.
39500, RE: Disgusted and done.
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why not just bring this to the Imms and have them ban the Perma? Then you can continue to play?
39501, I brought it up through prayer and another player emailed. Nothing happened,
i.e. part of the reason I didn't want to continue. In fact, a number of players supposedly emailed.
39503, FYI:
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't hear/see of any of the above until about a month too late to do or investigate much. I think that's come up before, too.

It's a shame. I had devious plans for Emonnev.
39515, RE: FYI:
Posted by Anonymous123 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did send something in the night it happened. I was told by another player that you said you could've lost it in the spam and I understand how that is but for the record I didn't dilly dally. I sent it to you directly since I respect you most out of the imms. In the future I'll probably CC it to the rest of the imps just to avoid it getting lost in the maelstrom.
39534, That was when I mailed you, I think
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The only reason I didn't do it sooner was because I understood that other people already had.
39502, Just to reiterate.
Posted by Qing on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're way off.

I personally kept your unholy weapon the second time (the time you decided to auto) in hopes of you returning so I could sacrafice it and kill you again. When it became clear you wouldn't return, I destroyed it.

I personally was part of the group that got your weapon and accidentally dropped it the first time. There was no perma group or intention involved.

You seemed like a cool character and I'm sorry to see you go, especially when it is patently obvious that some IM goon pulled the wool ove your eyes with misinformation.

Good luck and all that.
39505, *sigh* things being deleted here so I will keep this as vague as possible.
So you accidently dropped a 50 charge or so weapon, in town, which you did not gain personally, where the weapon is instantly picked up by a lower level ap, who happened to be invisible (and you happened to have detect invis not up, of course) and in the same room at that exact moment its accidently dropped. Then it is leeched into his weapon. And where is the person who did gain it first? Convienently logged off and the anti-paladin is logged on. Right, okay, just getting this common happenstance straight. I apologize, this whole situation is conspiracy. It is common for 50 and such charge ap weapons to be accidently dropped in such a manner and gained by a lower level ap. My bad.
39506, Yep. Complete coincidence.
Fereksah dropped the first weapon while we were fighting hoping to sac it. There's no way (of course) he could have known it had 50 charges .. because he just stripped it from you ten second before! Not to mention he is a warrior.

The second weapon I took from your corpse after you died in the Hidden Room. I already went over what happened with that one.

You can call what Fereksah did stupidity, or misplaced genius, whatever. But the point is none of us were part of a permagroup and the situation you described could not reasonably have been contrived. And your accusations re: the second weapon are completely baseless.

Anyway, I'm willing to generate an email address if you want to clear this up, because a misunderstanding is certainly not worth quitting over.
39535, Ultimately though
When I said that I wasn't sure of the extent of the involvement of the outlanders, I still know the ap cheated, even if the outlanders weren't involved in a conspiracy.
39621, The AP in question.
Posted by MasterDDD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was playing the fire giant who grabbed the 33 charge weap that Fereksah dropped to sac after stripping. I didnt know any outlanders. In fact a couple weeks earlier I had been doing my hardest to kill Fereksah - was playing Baracus. I couldnt find a group, and while looking for a group I hung around town because I knew Emonnev had a big weapon, and when there's a whip spec+shaman combo fighting him, pretty good chance of him either dying to entwine+wither, or getting stripped, etc. I heard him yell that he got stripped, and ran like hell to the room they were in. Got there like 4 rounds later, and weap was on the ground. Guess Fereksah dropped it to sac, just as Qing lead him out of the room. I grabbed it. Unfortunately lost the weapon when I got permalagged for 5 rounds by a bashing arial axe spec rager. Shouldnt have oathed till post 36.
39637, I know you were the ap
Maybe you want to refrain from going on aim trying to find people to powerrank you so you can leech the weapon next time?
39649, Conspiracy theorist is a new look for you.
Posted by Enbuergo1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I mean, presuming MasterDDD isn't on your IM list, and didn't send you an IM saying "HEY I JUST CHEATED 2 GET A GR8 WEAP LETZ POWERRAKN MEH!,' you're getting it second or third hand, right? I guess you could be computer cluster CF enemies, but that seems unlikely...
39641, Thanks for coming clean, I guess.
Posted by Fereksah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know whether this will convince anyone that there wasn't a conspiracy, or even whether what you've posted is the truth, but I appreciate that you're admitting to cheating.

As can probably be seen, this whole thing was bothering me quite a bit, especially since all I knew of it was things posted when I deleted. I'm quite surprised at how many people had heard of this conspiracy when, to the best of my knowledge, nothing of it had ever been posted on either of the forums and nothing was mentioned to my character by the Imms or other characters.
39647, RE: Thanks for coming clean, I guess.
How is what he admitted cheating in any way? Aside from Daurwyn's claims of him looking for someone to power rank him later on.
39648, Glad I wasn't the only one thinking 'huh?' when I read that.~
~
39655, Yeah, guess I included Daurwyn's comment.
He might not have gone on AIM for a group to rank. I don't know how this whole thing would have started if he hadn't though, unless he told someone else he got the weapon and the person he told started the rumor about looking for a perma to rank.

It appears he never did find a perma, so you may not consider it cheating since it never happened.
39786, I just saw some new additions here.
MasterDDD, aka Fereksah, aka the level 33 ap. Perhaps before you come here you should get your stories straight with Qing. You gained my weapon of 45 charges or so by stripping me in Galadon with Qing and Zhuisk.

You, Qing, and the transmuter, once you stripped the weapon away from me, instantly retreated into the weald and camoed. Five seconds later Deathclaw forwards me an exact copy of an instant message stating, "I got Emonnev's weapon, we need to power rank my ap so I can leach it." I receive a few more IMs of the discussion you had with him. I become throughly disgusted.

You proceed to never come out after me for the next hour I played. You instead hide with my weapon and never at one time did you try to "drop it" and "sac it" while fighting me.

You then give the unholy weapon to Qing, who holds it for you while you rank your ap up. You ranked him up, I came back and got a few more charges, Qing drops my first unholy weapon to your Ap. You leech it and get 33 charges since when you leech you do not get the full number.

You and Qing should get your stories straight on how you did things before coming here and trying to shout conspiracy theory. As for your comments that I had a lot of potential, of course I did. But I'm not going to continue playing with veteran players like you and Qing who consistantly cheat to get an advantage. Its so childish, noobish, and stupid and its sickening that you still stoop to such a weak level. So congratulations, you took someone who has played this game a long time and made him not play it anymore. One less person for you to fight. The most disgusting thing here is that there was not one, but several, upmost of 7 from different players about this cheating, and one of the people part of it is still alive as a character.
39789, I've got to tell you, man,
Posted by nepenthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I haven't sat down and dug through the e-mails and re-done the full detective work, but I'm 90% sure some of what you're saying here doesn't add up with what I know to be reality.

The MasterDDD admittance-of-foul-play post above comes pretty close to what I think happened. And yeah, that's ####ty, but it's not as ####ty as what you're saying you think happened. I think this time maybe you were just too eager to believe the worst out of people.
39788, OK:
>You gained my weapon of 45 charges or so by stripping me in
>Galadon with Qing and Zhuisk.
>

AFAIR Zhuisk was not there. It was just me, Fereksah, and you. You lived. A few days later, it was me and Zhuisk vs. you and Gordath in Galadon, where you both died and you lost your weapon again. I'll post that log below if you want. It may refresh your memory.

>You proceed to never come out after me for the next hour I
>played. You instead hide with my weapon and never at one time
>did you try to "drop it" and "sac it" while fighting me.
>

This is complete BS. Sorry, but you weren't that threatening. You were powerful .. when you were grouped with someone else. And you were quite skilled and wise to rarely commit yourself when there was a 50/50 chance of you dying, but you weren't at all threatening. Especially in a 2v1 situation. Let alone the 3v1 you are describing.

>You then give the unholy weapon to Qing, who holds it for you
>while you rank your ap up.

Ah. No. The only weapon I held on to, as I stated before, was the one I took from your corpse after Zhuisk and I killed you and Gordath in Galadon (log enclosed below). I held on to it because you immediately dropped link after dying to avoid taking damage from sacraficing your weapon. So I had to hold on to it in order to make you take damage - so you would not benefit from your border-line cheating by immediate link dropping.

When it became clear you weren't ever going to log on again, I sacraficed your weapon.

>You ranked him up, I came back and
>got a few more charges, Qing drops my first unholy weapon to
>your Ap. You leech it and get 33 charges since when you leech
>you do not get the full number.
>

Didn't happen.

>You and Qing should get your stories straight on how you did
>things before coming here and trying to shout conspiracy
>theory. As for your comments that I had a lot of potential, of
>course I did. But I'm not going to continue playing with
>veteran players like you and Qing who consistantly cheat to
>get an advantage.

When/if I delete Qing, which depends largely on significant responsibilities I have going on right now, I will gladly post my email address and prior character list and you can compare it to yours and see which one of us would have the greater reputation for honesty and non-cheating.

>Its so childish, noobish, and stupid and its
>sickening that you still stoop to such a weak level. So
>congratulations, you took someone who has played this game a
>long time and made him not play it anymore. One less person
>for you to fight.

Before, I felt sorry for you, that you were taken in by whoever lied to you. Now? I'm a little annoyed that you are so completely ####ing close minded that nothing I say is sinking into your thick skull. So here's the log of me taking your weapon for the second time (me and Zhiusk vs. you and Gordath), and I'll leave this topic alone until I delete Qing.

< 1023/1023hp 841/923m 662mv (4 PM) (civilized) >
You follow Zhiusk north.
Hidden Room

]
(Translucent) (WANTED) Zhiusk is here.

< 1023/1023hp 841/923m 661mv (4 PM) (civilized) > wher
People near you:
Seqiowan The Hall of Forms
Derkhan Holy Road
(PK) Zhiusk Hidden Room
(PK) Qing Hidden Room
(PK) Emonnev Entrance to the Anti-Paladin's Guild
Llenlleawg The Bar of the Invokers' Guild
(PK) Gordath River Road
Maergroek The Shrine Room

< 1023/1023hp 841/923m 661mv (4 PM) (civilized) > com 'summon' emonnev
Emonnev arrives suddenly.

< 1023/1023hp 791/923m 661mv (4 PM) (civilized) > com wither emonnev

Emonnev yells 'Die, Zhiusk, you sorcerous dog!
Zhiusk utters the words, 'izjfahiouqar eugfjshuai'.
Emonnev twitches helplessly as his body is stunned by pain.
Zhiusk's neurological disruption EVISCERATES Emonnev!

< 1023/1023hp 791/923m 661mv (5 PM) (civilized) > Emonnev yells 'Die, Qing, you sorcerous dog!'
You narrow your eyes and glare in Emonnev's direction.
Emonnev can no longer find the strength to wield a flaming bardiche.
You wither the flesh of Emonnev!
Your withering DISMEMBERS Emonnev!
Emonnev has a few scratches.

< 1023/1023hp 616/923m 661mv (5 PM) (civilized) >
Zhiusk's smash EVISCERATES Emonnev!
Your wrath DISMEMBERS Emonnev!
Your wrath EVISCERATES Emonnev!
Emonnev's claw wounds you.
Emonnev's claw decimates Zhiusk!
Emonnev's claw DISMEMBERS Zhiusk!
Emonnev is covered with bleeding wounds.

< 1005/1023hp 616/923m 661mv (5 PM) (civilized) > com demon emonnev

Your wrath DISMEMBERS Emonnev!
You parry Emonnev's claw.
Emonnev's claw MUTILATES Zhiusk!
Emonnev is gushing blood.

< 1018/1023hp 626/923m 701mv (5 PM) (civilized) >
Zhiusk utters the words, 'izjfahiouqar eugfjshuai'.
Zhiusk's neurological disruption wounds Emonnev.

< 1018/1023hp 626/923m 701mv (5 PM) (civilized) > You narrow your eyes and glare in Emonnev's direction.
Your words strike the fear of Hell into Emonnev!
Your torments *** DEVASTATES *** Emonnev!

< 1018/1023hp 606/923m 701mv (5 PM) (civilized) >
You parry Emonnev's claw.
Emonnev's claw EVISCERATES Zhiusk!
Emonnev is convulsing on the ground.

< 1018/1023hp 606/923m 701mv (5 PM) (civilized) > com demon emonnev
You narrow your eyes and glare in Emonnev's direction.
Your words strike the fear of Hell into Emonnev!
Your torments *** DEVASTATES *** Emonnev!
Emonnev is DEAD!!
You hear Emonnev's death cry.

< 1018/1023hp 586/923m 701mv (5 PM) (civilized) > get bardiche corpse
get bardiche corpse
You get a flaming bardiche from the corpse of Emonnev.

< 1018/1023hp 586/923m 701mv (5 PM) (civilized) > You see nothing like that in the corpse.

< 1018/1023hp 586/923m 701mv (5 PM) (civilized) > get spear corpse
You see nothing like that in the corpse.

< 1018/1023hp 586/923m 701mv (5 PM) (civilized) > get spear corpse
You see nothing like that in the corpse.

< 1018/1023hp 586/923m 701mv (5 PM) (civilized) > Huh?

< 1018/1023hp 586/923m 701mv (5 PM) (civilized) > wher

Gordath has arrived.

< 1018/1023hp 586/923m 701mv (5 PM) (civilized) > People near you:
a wild mustang The Hall of Forms
Derkhan Large Intersection
(PK) Zhiusk Hidden Room
(PK) Qing Hidden Room
Emonnev River Road
Llenlleawg The Bar of the Invokers' Guild
(PK) Gordath Hidden Room
Maergroek High Road

< 1018/1023hp 586/923m 701mv (5 PM) (civilized) > com wither gordath
Gordath yells 'Die, Qing, you sorcerous dog!’
You narrow your eyes and glare in Gordath's direction.
You wither the flesh of Gordath!
Your withering MASSACRES Gordath!
Gordath has a few scratches.

39815, Not accurate
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
APs don't take damage from sacrificing of unholy weapons in the early stages of being a ghost.
39509, RE: *sigh* things being deleted here so I will keep this as vague as possible.
I'm not really sure what you mean by "person who did gain it first", is that supposed to be you, or me, because I stripped it from you?

Anyway, if I had really wanted to ensure that my OOC friend got the weapon, I wouldn't have dropped it while fighting you in Galadon. I think anyone can think up more secure and still "fool-proof" plans for such a thing.

As for the "perma" and accusations of cheating, well, I know only for my own case that they are wrong. As well, it would truly be an inconvenient perma-group, don't you think, if Qing was created when I was a hero/nearly a hero, and the other member wasn't even a member of our cabal? Then again, I have seen logs of this other member doing things that seemed pretty cruel, but none of it appearing to break the rules. That could imply he's just out to make people's lives miserable, but I think it is more likely that, as Qing said, some IM goon pulled the wool over your eyes.

As I said earlier, I was really disappointed to see you disappear, though I'm glad I didn't know anything about this conspiracy until I deleted. I thought your character had tons of potential.

PS, I wasn't involved in the second unholy weapon taking at all, was I?
39511, Sorry, if it helps I reported this as well.
Posted by Granaak1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did very well with a combo that I am no where skilled enough to play so I respected you for that. Also no matter what the outlanders involved in this have to say, people know.

That was a really, really low move on their part.
39516, RE: Disgusted and done.
Posted by Saqzawaz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Emmonev. Imho, we have a similar mode of relating to others as evil characters.

About the cheating: don't let it get to you. It's probably more noticeable when you're playing a class like anti-paladin that has a "big item" you can be ganged down for. My advice: form an IC gang, gang the gangers.

To be honest, if I were 100% sure two (or more) characters had formed an OOC perma solely for the purpose of killing me, I would very little compunction about forming my own OOC perma for the sole purpose of killing them. If that's the game they want to play, that's fine, so long as we're playing by the same rules.

In all reality I would probably never do this, since I wouldn't want to risk getting busted myself, but if I reported the other characters' cheating and got no response, I'd be sorely tempted.
39517, You killed me in the INN when you were 25th I think.
Posted by Grymm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had WOE-fully underestimated you.

A typo on my part sealed the deal on both my deaths to you(new laptop), and I typed in delete (and sorta broke character) on the second death to you, but for some reason didn't.

I tryed to get you to attack me outside a couple of times but when you gave me the speech on the demos, I figured you had some class so I just went about my business and figurd I'd fight you as the time came.

I think we had a coupla fights after that, but I think I powered past you and deleted before you caught up.

I hear you when you mention perma. I had a recent Paladin that suffered attack after attack and a crew arrived piecemeal, logged out in his area, then logged on enmass rushed up and killed him.

That was a month or more ago and I haven't played since.
39548, RE: Disgusted and done.
Well, it sucks to be 'done in' by an OOC combo.

However, characters like yours rub me the wrong way. I don't really dig the whole 'evil/greedy/tribunal' angle. To me it looks like a player sitting down saying 'Hey, I want to full loot with special guards. What's a good role to write up around that?' Within this role, your role-play might have been stellar (never really interacted with you aside from observing a few full loots and sneers), but it still seems lame to me personally.
39551, RE: Disgusted and done.
You just don't like Tribunal. :)
Besides there are a gazillion real life examples of greedy evil lawmen through out history.
39552, True...
I do/did/will always dislike Tribunal.

But cops around here just take $78 at a time for things like 'failure to wear seatbelt,' not ALL my money, car, clothes, advil, soda, groceries, etc etc with a smirk and a note that says 'What do I care, fool?'
39554, I wonder
Posted by Dwoggurd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If "evil greedy scion permagrouping healer" angle is any better :P
39560, RE: I wonder
Hah, you know me, Mr. Full Loot.

Taking those Heartseekers & Tcars and hording them so the goodies couldn't get them doesn't count as full looting =P
39643, Don't be.
Posted by Lesuoto on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
How many charges were on the gem tipped spear I sacrificed when I PK'ed you? Couldn't have been that many since it only did a DEVASTATES.

Not much you could have done in that situation - that really was a textbook binder thief kill.

You seemed to be decent. Should stick around. Play something relatively simple, like an evil invoker and take out your frustrations on the playerbase.

Nivek
39787, I wasn't talking about you. Should read the post better n/t
nt