Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Shidhe the Lord of the Underworld
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=39213
39213, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Shidhe the Lord of the Underworld
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jun 25 11:58:17 2005

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 8th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Shidhe perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:39
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:71
39214, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Shidhe the Lord of the Underworld
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well the delete was because of a few things:
1) The embarresing death to two Imperials.
2) The lack of mages in my range at most of the times I am on left me with little to hunt and when you get the message from the cabal Imms that you are in risk of getting booted due to lack of mage kills. Something has got to give, in this case, me.
3) The duration of blackjack on a binder thief just plain sucks and leaves you with little option. Before the change you could bind away, steal potions to prevent escape and then still choose to either sleepingdisarm or backstab/knife to initiate. Nowadays you cant unless you sit and wait for the tick and even then, if they have lots of potions, you cant do it all. It was bad enough the amount of times the bindings failed without making jack so short in duration. I know why it was done but I think a new solution is needed to make the binder doable solo without making it sick in a group. You cant attack a group now with a binder where before you could jack jack jack then bind bind bind. You get to th1st for binding and you only get half done. I dont think I will be playing a binder thief again until something is changed. They are a far cry from Karkanen and Ghralochs usefulness.

-----Abernyte
39225, Enjoyed your character from what little time I spent with it
Posted by Rawnie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah binders are a bit weak I think as of right now. The blackjack timer is one thing that hurts and my complaint was the bindings falling off as quick as they do, but that's just my two cents. Good solid character and luck on the next.