Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Gvan al'Baan the Sting of the Hornet, Emperor of Thera
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=39084
39084, (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Gvan al'Baan the Sting of the Hornet, Emperor of Thera
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jun 20 12:43:57 2005

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Gvan perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:400
39103, Well played
Posted by Ledifel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Although not that deathful you were well played, and seemed to have decent knowledge of how shamans are played. I could never quite seal the kill on you as you would word home but did enjoy the fights. It is a great loss to the Empire and hope to see you back around the fields.

Luck on your next.
39086, Farewell
Posted by Gvan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, thanks to all first of all.

About this character: when I started I didn't plan even to
obtain the High priest's position, and didn't even think about
the Throne. There was too many elders. Then, somehow they all was
gone and I left almost alone on the Hero rank in the Empire.
Beeing the Emperor is great, I enjoyed it much, even if I was not
so deadly as I should be. It was not easy job, you now. Too many
foes around and I am alone, or with Etisrrus or Dulmisa. Only few
times we had more numbers to do something. Almost everytime I had
to retrieve the codex after waking up. Didn't count how many times
I had to regear self. But I enjoyed all.

I was too fearless for an Emperor..(or I though so :) ) you agree?

Would like to know the mind of the Imms and players I interacted to.

Now, farewells:

Immortals:
Thanks for all of you for this great game.

Khasotholas : Thanks for all you did for me, I thinkl,
I didn't do all you expected from me, but I tried to do the best.
Damn, lack of good english makes it very hard to be a good preacher :).

A one who gave me that additional supplication (perhaps again Khaso?):
Many thanks. It works.

Grurk: I tried to show up that I don't like you much... a kind of RP, but
truely I like what you do. Great job. I'll try with your religion perhaps:)

Ordasen:
Damn, man WHY? Honesty, I don't think you were right IC. That blade was
never a villager, so why he felt your influence on him, after he became
blade and so was protected by bloodoath?
And, damn, what called your anger in that my words? Damn, how many time I
liked to come back and didn't start that dialog :). Anyway, it made the
game a little more interesting for me. Thanks.

Empire:
Etisrrus
We had good timing together, we started together, but I managed to learn faster,
after I became Emperor, I tried to aid you in all, becouse I knew we can do much
better together then alone. Damn, when I saw you dead, it made me so sad every
time. I knew you're close to the real death. Ic you could be called the only
friend of Gvan.

Dulmisa
My shadow Lord. Not I promoted you, but you did excellent, you knew lands better
then me, you was much better in surviving. But assassin is not a class which can
aid shaman much. But we managed to slay some folks, yeah? :) Anyway, excellent
job, keep doing it.

Netilan
My high Priest. Good job, perhaps, some lack of knowledge of lands. But I am
not the best in it as well. But good job as a high Priest. Keep going.

Yagharek
When you was around, we did excellent, but damn you should wake up more often. :)

Kresh
Yes, you was right, I didn't vote for you. But you did excellent job, I liked you.
Just didn't want another black on the throne.

Alelas, Graorerk, Attawai: Damn why did you gone? I had so many plans for you...

Rowan, Soraleth Damn wake up more often as well... with you we could do much
better. But I understand, that it can be bored playing imperial healer :) I know
that.

Others: damn, don't afraid to login even when you see a lot of folks. Enjoy it :)

Now, foes:

Battle
Gerylanst : We had a good timing, ofcourse i would prefer to see you on my side,
but... Yeah it was not wise to play with the Bear :). But I did what I had to, and
I got the results. I tried to be... honest with you and your villagers. But only a
few of them were respecting it. I think, you should send away from the village many
of them. But perhaps you had the same feeling of my citizens :)

Livion
Shame, you stoped at 40 and learned only now when I am gone. We would have
nice timing, I am sure. You looks competent and a nice villager. You can
be an example for all them (Atleast I got such feeling by our interractions)

Fortress:
Kiel
We had nice fights, I liked you much... there was a few worthy goodies.. you
was one of them.

Solasarath
Damn you and your Defeance :). But i did enough well agaist you at the end :)

Alven Nice fights.. you know, i'll tell you more , but not here.

Outlanders
All that shifters, Qing...
You were annoying :) But I enjoyed our fights.

Scions
Nhil, Lumiere:
When you were around, it was hard to fight you, yeah. good job.

I missed many names here, but I enjoyed all the fights, even gangs.

Thanks to all.

Gvan al'Baan.

As well as Asiranus, Zhevian, Khajaal, Orbelias, Turizin, Kerlion
(Lechitel, Aberon in the past years)

39088, RE: Farewell
Posted by Gery on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done first off, you were a powerful shaman when you had your backing, but alone....you were fairly harmless, as I am I'm sure. Everything I saw, I enjoyed, fighting, dying, rping, everything. You just happened to come into power at the wrong time for the empire, and in my opinion, if Nab would have held the throne, you imperials would be four or five times a powerful. But the long gap with no leader caused you to tumble, and you got to clean up that aweful mess. Sorry for that, but dam good char....see you in the fields

Gery
39096, RE: Farewell
Yeah, agreed wit all. When Nabb was alive, I tried to do all I could to save throne for him.... But I had feeling that He didn't belive that his counsil will betray him. I knew it, but I was still new for him, and He didn't trust me. That leaded us to that situation when we got a lich who didnt want to wake up.

Thanks for all.
Gvan
39115, Duh
Posted by Nabburak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I believed in council's betrayal, moreover, I expected it sooner or later.
That is why I asked you to bring me any proof once you droppped a hint.
But you didn't hurry :) and answered something like "I will write a scroll in a few days"
which you didn't write.
That actually gave the bastards those few days to complete the voting.
Also, to summarize what you told me: "High Priest is bad, War Master is so so"
While my other sources were telling me that "War Master is even worse".
I got a picture that you just try to replace the High Priest with yourself
while delaying any info that can ruin conspiracy.
I took what you said but I wasn't going to replace the High Priest
based on a such biased opinion like yours.
39117, RE: Duh
Posted by Gvann on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well... yeah, true. I tried to obtain both goal: take the seat and keep the Empire strong. Perhaps, I had to focus on saving you the throne there :). Anyway, I liked you much more the that Lich. Damn, you was great in killing foes... much better then me.

39089, RE: Farewell
Posted by ordasen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will first off start with that I did like Gvan. You had guts and would stay and fight (hell, stay logged on) when others would puss out and run/quit out. Sure you were not as deathful as some, but you had your share.

Now on to the comments you brought up.
With the character still active, I wont bring much up, however I will address a little bit. As to our conversation, you were treading a VERY fine line. You started off good..and then BAM, you DEMANDED from me I give back what I did. That wasn't smart. Now, what saved you was you seemed to catch yourself and toned it down alot.

Look at it this way. You have just entered into a treaty of sorts with the village. Demanding something from me isn't the smartest thing to do, as you saw the answer I gave you by tearing up the treaty. ( I didn't have a problem with it, and had you kiced out the one person I am sure it would have been back on.) However I do give you props for at least sticking to what you said you would do.

Good luck with any future characters
39094, RE: Farewell
Yeah, you're right, demanding was not wise. But all that dialog was... not planned. I saw you about, I had nothing important to do, and I though 'okey, lets speak to Ordasen'. I did it not by the best way, yeah. But I got fun from all that even if it didn't work as I wished it to.

Thank for good comments by the way. I must try a villager sometimes.. I never tried before.
39090, RE: Farewell
Posted by Tanera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well.. we spoke when I died along time ago..
You did well... Hell I enjoyed it alot..
congrats on becomeing the Emperor..
Luck with the next one...
39092, RE: Farewell
Posted by Ishranaye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whenever something was up, you were the first to show, often alone. I have much respect for that.

Much luck with what's next and RL
39093, RE: Farewell
Posted by Dulmisa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
- I was too fearless for an Emperor..(or I though so :) ) you
agree?

Yes, but it was kind of your charm, problem was that I couldn't go in there with same probability of making it out alive.

- Dulmisa
My shadow Lord. Not I promoted you, but you did excellent, you
knew lands better then me, you was much better in surviving. But assassin is not a class which can aid shaman much. But we managed to slay some folks, yeah? :)

My thought exactly.

Seems I chose the wrong night to go out for a meal and a few beers on the town with some friends. You were the spine of the Empire, which might leave us spineless :P. I was thouroghly impressed by the way you could die and rise up again, I have a harder time coping with pkdeaths. Anyway thanks for a good time and do come back to the Empire. Good luck with your next.

Dulmisa
39098, RE: Farewell
Heh, just came back from a bar where we got some beer with friends. Thanks for that good words. And yeah, I'll surely be back to the empire. I wish to try some other ideas. but not now, when Empire is in such situation :). See you.
39095, Glad you had fun
Posted by Ritur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In the end, I really don't think it matters how well you played as long as you enjoyed it. Hope I didn't ruin it too much with my thieving - I often get the feeling people would rather die than be a victim to my paws :D And there was no way Ritur was going to let someone who could spot him so easily wander around on all two legs.

You just kept coming back and back. When you find something fun like that you certainly don't give it up easy and I think your 'fearless' attitude just reflected that so well. And I think Con-death is about the best you can do in terms of heroic endings. I don't think its even fair to try and rate you as an emperor - because you clearly had a great time interacting and fighting the whole way.

So, if you could have changed one thing about your character, what would it have been?

Just curious because you look like a good player. Its at the end of these kinds of characters you can really take away some good lessons.

See you in the fields, Ritur
39097, RE: Glad you had fun
Yeah, good question... I would change the rase to duergar. Would save me many lives. I died a lot only becouse I could not see assassins and thiefs (before becoming Emperor).

But I don't like to RP a duergar... not easy for me with my lack of good english. Even when I am a half-drow, not all understand me... now imagine me as a duergar :)
39099, RE: Farewell
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done. You stuck it out through some hard times there. Props to an underdog who con dies. Good luck with your next.
39101, Nice char.
Posted by Wilhath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done on the con-dying. You had it ROUGH 90% of your life.
39102, Later there your majesty
Posted by Dorn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The only thing I didn't like about your character, is that you took a lot of the risks yourself, instead of making underlings do it or even help sometimes. There were several times where you would have had it a lot easier if you would have made the dogs help you. Congrats for sticking it out, and for giving the goodies someone to fight.
39106, Yehs a worfless fargin' bastid
Posted by Gumbldink on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but at least yehs stuck 'round fuh deh most part. Dat more den ah can say for the rest o' yehs heathenous undalings. Yeh and Etisrrus can suck muh beard. Dat all ah gots tuh say bout dat.
39111, RE: Yehs a worfless fargin' bastid
Yeah, we suck your beard.... after got it from your died body :).

Damn, it was always nice to have offers for redemption from a crazy dwarf :)
39107, I knew you were close.
Posted by Etissrus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well major props for doing the best you could to rebuild after the imfamous disappearing lich. Really your English isn't terrible, although I think you missed meaning of some of Etissrus' comments. =0)
I think if we had both had a bit more life left in use we could have done more. I can understand me not getting one, since I did delete and reactivate, but I thought that you might have gotten tossed a few more con.
Anyway It liked Gvan, respected him on certain levels. It would not have betrayed Gvan's trust in him. It figured Gvan was the right Emperor for now, until It had built the Black sect up some then It may have manuvered for the Throne.

We had some great battles, and kept it going through probably some of the toughest time Empire has seen in a while. I agree with Dulmisa that Empire will probably have it tough for the foreseeable future, now that the Sting has gone. So lets get back, I have a couple of roles brewing!

See ya in the fields.
39112, See ya, Gvan
Posted by Qing on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The only fight I remember is the one where you demonfired Qing to death in Balator. I sat there trying to land maledictions on you without a care in the world, zen-like. All the way until the last demonfire brought me down. It's the kind of fight I imagined having with this character, so it stuck in my mind. Even if it was humbling.
39114, RE: See ya, Gvan
Yeah, I remember that fight... you was with a monkey, who escaped. I bet I supriesed you there, dispelled protections, then sigil of pain, and demonfires become really hurt. And a trip I landed before the last demonfire helped much :). But I remember another fight, when you payed me for that: you and Dalbinddle (panther) at vanquisher when you was lucky to dispel all my protections and then I died to the panther in one round. Excellent executed it was.

See you, Gvan
39119, RE: Farewell
Posted by hedaya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hah, it's Zheairth.
I liked your character very much. You were so kind and polite from my point of view, trying to save me from Grurk's anger, betraying Asfas to me and just being quite helpfull all around. But reading there comments about Nabburak, "High Priestess is bad" and so on, I am getting angry :))))). Well, anyway, good character, congratulations!
39131, RE: Farewell
Posted by gvann on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, it's just his comments :) Remeber, you told me that you'll be with the Lich, right? Well, I told it to the Emperor, becouse it gave me a chance to unseat you, and I really prefered Nabb to continue being on the Throne :). And yeah It's my mind that a citizen must be polite with those who is above him... afterall empire is an evil cabal, and if a citizen is not polite, it can be a reason for demotion :) So I tried to be very calm and polite until I am not at the top :). Damn I liked you, and I also would like to ask you something... could you email me to nurulin@yandex.ru?
39185, RE: Farewell
Posted by hedaya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Emailed you e-mail, but it seems there is not answer, bro : )
39121, Good job
Posted by Khasotholas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Overall you were a good character who consistently got better. You had to lead in troubled times, and you kept plugging away. You threw yourself into so many crazy situations you had no business surviving, yet somehow, you often did. I liked your roleplay, and I thought you did a pretty good job.

Khas
39132, I forgot one story...
Thanks for the good words. I also forgot to say about my title in the farewell.

It was really interesting situation: one day I was considering the possibilities of this character...I just got heroed that time. I asked myself what do I want from him? A cool title perhaps? What can it be? I though: 'If Khaso is a Hornet Lord, then I could be his Sting'. And in two days I got that title.... I didn't tell that idea to anybody.. even to those who also play CF. Was it telepaty? :) Or you just shoved me up that Great Hornet knows all? :):):) I was REALLY surprised. And ofcouse my thanks for it.
39133, RE: I forgot one story...
Posted by Khasotholas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
- It was really interesting situation: one day I was considering the possibilities of this character...I just got heroed that time. I asked myself what do I want from him? A cool title perhaps? What can it be? I though: 'If Khaso is a Hornet Lord, then I could be his Sting'. And in two days I got that title.... I didn't tell that idea to anybody.. even to those who also play CF. Was it telepaty? :) Or you just shoved me up that Great Hornet knows all? :):):) I was REALLY surprised. And ofcouse my thanks for it.

That's kind of freaky, but I'm glad it worked out. It seemed very suitable for you. Happy you enjoyed it!
39157, RE: I forgot one story...
Posted by Zargu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hmmm, Zhenzar was the first to hold "sting of the Hornet" title i belive... Was given after i asked Khas for some way that my enemies could know i killed them in his name...

*51 Duerg Sha* (PK) Zhenzar Kraliara the Holy of Faith, Imperial Priest, The Sting of the Hornet

39159, Yeah, personally...
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd sorta figured it was becoming a similar name as Shokai's "Talon of the Phoenix", Scarabaeus' Flame of the Scarab, etc. More or less the title that says "If I want you dead, this is who's coming after you".
39170, RE: I forgot one story...
Ahh. Aye then, it explains all. Zhenzar was nice. I knew Zhenzar when plaied Orbelias, but didn't see the 'Sting', or just forgot it :).

And.. when I slew an enemie, especially a priest,I often told him that he was killed becouse he worship to a wrong religion. This was my way to let them know they were killed in Khaso name. :)

Gvan.
39179, Well...
Zhenzar to was demoted at one point... A crowd of fortress guys came to the palace, i was somewhat far away and didnt bothered to head back as i was the only defender... ;) So i was demoted, and lost the title after a while, and i didnt get it back when i was promoted when i raided and and got back the codex after 10 minuts or so... I have the log somewhere or perhaps its allready been posted on Diox'.. ;)
Still this very day i curse Khas for not restoring it!! Hehe... Or not!
39195, Link to the log...
http://www.qhcf.net/forum-2003/logs/vpost.pl?24545
39134, No mention?
Posted by Salvrath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ahh well.. we had some good scraps, too bad we didnt have many towards the end of your character's life. Good luck with your next.
39138, RE: Farewell
Posted by Livion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey man, you were most likely the Emperor with the most guts ever:P Who the #### con-dies an Emperor? You did, and you did it well. Props to you. I enjoyed our fights a LOT, finally I have a char that can put up with shamans at high ranks, yay! Heheh, good luck with your next bro.

Drillmaster
39149, RE: Farewell
Thanks for the good words :). But con-die as an Emperor is not often becouse it's not good I think, Emperor must be... a die hard type. Problem is that I do not enjoy such playing :) I tried many times, but damn I hate to sit down and not even trying to retrieve my codex even if I have strong opposition.

And yeah, you did well against shaman, but I bet I would easy finish you if you would not be damn villager :) True sight helps greatly against shaman with his summoning.
39139, Farewell Elder.
Posted by Netilan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn, I knew it would be coming sooner or later. I was hoping to get your help to hero lords know I need it with hardly no allies or possible grouping partners. You were really well played. You fought with much bravery and I was surprised at the postions you put yourself into to, very balls to the wall character. Thanks for the promotion. I really had no idea that I would become high priestnor did I expect it. I feel bad as my playing times are random and sparse and we rarly got to travel together, but I am happy that I got to walk with you the few times I did. Also, didnt you follow me around a lot the times I was on? Anyway I couldn't even tell that you didn;t speak english well. See you in the fields.
39183, You picked up the ball and ran with it
Posted by Ghrulkar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You had a solid character, and seem to be a cool bloke.
I'm glad you play the game. Truly respectable player.
39190, RE: Farewell
Posted by Runaktla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh yeah forgot to post in your farewell. To me when I
saw you I was like it's time to throw down. The leader of
one evil cabal dealing with tons of enemies against the
leader of the other evil cabal dealing with tons of
enemies. Almost got you, but didn't.

God damn rot.

- Runaktla
39208, RE: Farewell
You are great. You and Zhiusk are only two transmuters I was afraid a bit. You were somehow very lucky with neuro :). I analized that situations and understood that only rot can help me there :) So I did.
I don't think I could take by any other way. Only the rot :)

Damn, if you would be a citizen, we would kick many asses together :)

Gvan
39193, Some good ones
Posted by Dalbiddle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some great fights IMO. I'm glad I could be mentioned as multiple shifters in Outlander. :) Anyway, it was a lot of fun and you were balls to the wall, which is awesome in my book.

Great job,
Dalbiddle
39200, Gvan
Posted by Kiel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lots of respect to you. You are in my opinion one of the best players the game can possibly have. You didn't talk too much #### (IC or not, it does piss people off when it's done too severely. Sure, call me a pansy, but it's just being nice), you showed great respect and kindness (even in cabal wars! I can't do that myself).

You didn't use Rot though I practically told you you could kill me each time you used it. I mean, some might call that bad roleplay, but I think bad roleplay should be foregiven if done for the sake of making the game more enjoyable for everyone. I strongly advocate breaking role if it is done for the purpose of making the game more enjoyable for everyone.

There was once you killed me (alone!) in the imperial lands when there were lowbie looters around... didn't mind being looted, partly because I was in a pretty deep slump at that time and didn't care much about not dying.

Anyways I hope you roll another character and get into the game. Games all around the world need more players like you, a sportsman, a gentleman, a sympathetic and all-in-all nice player.

:)
39207, RE: Gvan
Thanks for the good words.

I really didnt use rot too often agaist you and others. I used it when I tacticaly needed you or others to die, not just to increase my PK ratio :). Becouse really, killing by rot does not give me much fun, and I believe that it's not great fun to be killed by it :)

As for the role... I tried to explaine such politics in one of my roles.. but I'm not the best writer :)

Gvan
39085, 400 hours exactly, wow.
Posted by Koe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had my char getting close to the point I could help you out too, though I knew this had to be coming close with how often you died. That's too bad. It looked like you had fun though and that is what truely matters.
39087, RE: 400 hours exactly, wow.
Yeah, I had fun. Not sure why, but It was damn interesting even if I died too often. This is the first characeter which i enjoyed even when I was killed. I never was quitting only becouse I died. I tried to stay and continue. Two times I did left right about death but it was for other reasons actually.