Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Faelir the Lord of the Beasts
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=39042
39042, (DELETED) [None] Faelir the Lord of the Beasts
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jun 18 07:02:43 2005

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Faelir perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:34
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:157
39047, Sorry? -meant to post here first time
Posted by Rogue on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

In short retrospect, I lost grasp. Sorry this didn't
work out, but after a few objective things, I just
couldn't create the imagination with em anymore.

Lyristeon

Yeah, me again. I think my previous and first druid
was my most successful character I have ever played, and
it happened in such a short timespan. I honestly felt
like it was almost impossible to do anything equivalent
or better, and just go through another rut of crap characters.

So I went with what was my favorite, and what I learned a ton
with last time, and rolled another chaos druid.

And here I go, getting a tattoo at 22. I play very reckless and
high risk in pk, but I think you were having a good bit of fun
watching the bodies fall. Druids are just awesome, and very strong on so many levels. My con was getting to me though, after I died and went from seven hundred something hp.. to about 320, I was
pretty dissapointed. I realized how low hp I had, and how much increasinly difficult it was to keep to my style and stay successful.

The atmosphere I feel like I am in when playing out your concept
is a constant adreniline rush, and I enjoy every facet of it, and how much creativity you allow to spring out. Thank you.

As far as friends, there were a few people I travelled with on occassion, but I don't think I had anyone I didnt have my target system set to at one time or another. Faelir trusted no one, and hated almost everything because of what society and order had created. I envisioned him as a reincarnation of lyristeons weapon.
I would trick people, telling them where enemies of theirs were, only to ambush them, not with a gang, just me, but I thought that was trickster playstyle. Others I would turn on for starting to preach about orderly things, some I would attack just on the fact that I Was part elf, and evil races in general are going to make me uneasy. Other times, I did it to get responses, and allies, which the uneasy alliances I had with some villagers was pretty exciting,
and kept me on my toes.

I'm pretty damn sure this could have been something pretty cool in the long run, but again, I just lost my spark with him. I don't know how many times people have assassinated my characters, or brought ooc to them, but I know how many times it took, and that's ####ty. Now.. I need to get my life together.

-Rogue
39049, RE: Sorry? -meant to post here first time
Posted by Someone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is why I gave you a couple items to fill in the gaps in your nice set. To make it that much harder to resist rage deletion.

Seems it was too hard :P

I like characters like this, characters that make people start putting up where's more when levelling.

So how you lose your shinies?

39055, He attacked me over a dispute
Posted by Mantherial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And after killing him, I moved his gear to a nearby room to sort through. He then insulted me, so I left it there.
39052, See ya
Posted by Shoz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A pity to see you go. I had planned to force you on a trip to thar-acacia next time I saw you. Ya fell for fleeing into Ysbadadden, I was hoping I could throw you to the shifters as well. You got on my nerves with your little kill everyone dealio, but meh, at least you did it rather well and successfully killed everyone, and solo, so props for that. Sorry about the full loot, but ya know, after seein' ya full loot allies, no mercy and the like. That was a pretty sick set you managed to gather at such a low lvl. All in all, you annoyed me significantly, which is good for a Lyristeonite, I think, but if you could please cut down on the trash talking I would be somewhat pleased. The gaping maw tattoo is good symbolism for all the talking you did. But meh, I know it probably wasn't ooc, I just have a strong distaste for foul language and mindless insults. Anyhoo, good luck on yer next, and it was nice to see a druid that was something other than a tool, most of those that play the class at low lvls don't get 1/2 the pk potential outta them that you did. *wave*
39053, Yeah sorry about what happened between us
Posted by Andris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good fights many a times. Hard to pin you coz you walk so fast. And you nearly had a couple of times too.

See you about.
39065, RE: Sorry? -meant to post here first time
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was definitely the lowest level character I had ever given a tattoo to. I would say you have a good grasp of the religion. You lived fast, hard and relentlessly while logged on. Adrenaline rush is what my followers should feel. Take the risks, reap the rewards. Keep it up and good luck with your next.
39069, RE: Sorry? -meant to post here first time
Posted by Yayaniana on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh poo! With the incredibly large amount of evils running amok right now, you were one of the very few allies I wished to have. ::sigh:: oh well. Good luck with your next.
39070, Some (hopefully) helpful criticism, about your role
Posted by Odrirg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just read your role...and while I kinda got the overall idea of it, I have to admit, reading it hurt my head. Especially this sentence.

"Over time some friends, can gain alliance and friendship, but all too well placed in his upbringing from the flightly dryads of the emeral forests, the instincts of all beasts will never be sound, and ever changing as does the lands of which he resides."

Reading that as it is written, seems like a train wreck, and it took 3 readings to understand what you were trying to say. Was it intentional to make the role like that given you were a chaotic character?

It just seems, a quick re-write would make it SO much easier to understand.

"Over time some may gain a form of alliance and friendship, but the instincts of the beast were too well placed in him by his upbringing amoung the flightly dryads. And such instincts will never be sound, being as ever changing as the Lands in which he resides."

I know the (as I see it) poorly written role didn't effect you adversely (and it's comforting that that can be the case), but I am fairly sure the immstaff as a whole greatly appreciates it when someone takes the minimal effort to attempt to make their role readable.
39072, Not to be notoriously me but, feel free to write your own roles perfect
Posted by Faelir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I write them as I feel I want them to be, and no, I'm not a
capitalizaton nazi, and I really won't lose sleep for misplacing
commas, as a matter of fact, people that seem to go out of their
way to correct other people, piss me off. Maybe when I'm sober I might care about spelling, but after I just put in 12 role lines, No.. I'm not interested in backing up and re-doing it.

Long as my general idea has been put forth, and it's obvious english is my First language.. I'm happy.

I see your concern and appreciate your continued support.
39165, Eshval?
Posted by Faelir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The muse was you wasn't it?

Very warranted for my mischief in your chasm
that one day, and a great log out explore exp
I got from that. I really hope my character
turned your actions back on you, by enjoying and
learning from where you sent me, and being able
to walk out alive.

Thanks