Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Onirakoth Wy'ioth the Protector of the Faith
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=38400
38400, (DELETED) [None] Onirakoth Wy'ioth the Protector of the Faith
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri May 27 13:28:08 2005

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Onirakoth perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:349
38409, School claims another one
Posted by Onirakoth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hrm, don't really know where to start. I made this character because he was completely different than any character that I have ever played in the past. In the past, I've had problems being evil enough. I wanted something to challenge that mindset. So many times in Onirakoth's life, I would do things that as a player made me feel really crappy and I knew screwed over a ton of people, but it really was his rp, so I went with it every time. It was really tough for me to be that evil...at first. I think I ended up doing a decent job. I could really feel the "hate" from numerous characters.

Now onto the reason I deleted. I feel crappy about it, because I really wanted to IMM this character and contribute to a game that I have loved for years. Unfortunately, school absolutely consumed me towards the end. I thought that it would get better there for awhile, but alas, it did not. After awhile, I felt bad hogging all that gear, so I decided to throw in the towel because summer school is going to be starting soon and I'm sure I won't have enough free time to give this character what I think he deserved. Enjoy the shinies!

About the whole not being Provost thing. Basically, Marmaanth came down and told me that I didn't care a thing about Tribunal, I was only there to serve myself. Absolute truth there. He booted me from Tribby. Although I enjoyed the power of the position, I was by no means upset about the split from Tribunal at all. In fact, I was pumped about playing up the recourse, but this is right when school started to take every free moment of my life. In between school, work, and doing all the required stuff for my classes, I hardly had time to get in 5 hours of sleep, much less time to devote to playing Onirakoth. Again, crap timing.

When you think of this character, remember, I was evil, EVIL! I tried to let that shine through in absolutely everything I did. There was one person in his eyes that was worth anything, himself (well, and Phaelim). He was manipulative, condecending, and just an all around crappy person.

Onto the goodbyes. I'm just going to give brief thoughts on all the cabals, because there is no way I can remember all the names of the people that I interacted with. Give me a reply and I'll "hollar" back with what I thought and all that jazz.

Imms:

Thanks for a great game. I really want to get back up there and do it right. Hopefully that can happen sometime. You all do so much and I'm truly grateful. Hopefully I was fun to watch.

Phaelim - I thought you hated me. I had fun, but is sucked you died so early. I was really looking forward to interacting with you more. I wanted to be that devout priest, but thats kind of hard to do when your Imm gets the axe.

Lyristeon - You had me nailed, to a tee, well, mostly. I really wanted to see where that went and was very pumped about playing that out, but...well, you know, things happen. Thanks for taking the time to interact with me, I had fun.

Marmaanth - Awesome interactions. Thanks. Without you, Tribunal would be pretty much nothing.

Tribunal:

Man, this cabal can be frustrating at times. The hard thing about this cabal is that you get a lot of newbies that don't know anything and that ends up reflecting badly on the cabal as a whole. This makes it very hard to keep quality players around (Noelani, Vargblot, etc). While I made induction extremely easy, I tried to make rewards and punishments both abound. I enjoyed being Provost, but I'm just not sure that the Provost has enough power. I know that there were plenty of folks in the cabal that hated me, but I tried to let those I liked know that they were liked.

Scion:

Fun, lots of fun. I never really knew what I was going to get with you. I liked our backdoor treaties and I really enjoyed setting people up to get beat down. I set up everything from Fortress members to Tribunals for you all. It was tons of fun. Thanks for keeping everything interesting. I think our common persuit was beating down goodies and that worked out well for us.

Empire:

Talk about having a cabal in your back pocket! :P Yeah, I helped you all out a bit, but the only reason I did was because you all hardly had anything that could be construed as a compitent healer, so you needed me. For my favors, I got damned near anything I demanded of you. Thanks for that. It made things...very interesting. One thing that I loved about Empire, that lacked in Tribunal was that you usually had a warrior around that I could rip people apart with. Fun!

Outlander:

Man, you all have such great powers. There were a few of you that would come and fight, but for the most part, none of you would even attempt a full out raid. I'd wager that we had the fetish for something around 50% of Oni's life. I'm probably overshooting, but it was a lot. I'll just say that there is a serious imbalance in the powers of Tribunal and Outlander. Outlanders should be absolutely ripping both the towns and Tribunal apart, with ease. Of course, I've never played one, so this is all speculation.

Fortress:

EEEEEEEEEVIL! There were so many times that I would interact with one of you and think, how could they have just said/done that!?!? I really pushed and tried to do everything I could to force you all into a war with Tribunal. I wanted it more than I can tell you. You'd threaten, but it never happened. If I could have forced that war, it would have been your ultimate demise. Drat for my failure....

Herald:

Too bad, but I don't think I ever walked into the Inn. I might have killed or tried to kill someone on the path to get in, but that was it. This cabal has so much potential, that it was really kind of heart breaking to see it go nowhere through this characters life. Keep trucking Heralds! I'm still waiting to see those decked out, butt-whipping Heralds of the past.

Battle:

Fun times. When this cabal has numbers, watch out. Pretty much, you all were the only ones that I hated to fight. There were some great raids and counter-raids, but in my eyes, you were pretty much the only ones that could even come close to killing me. Way to be.

Like I said, I had a great time; it was a good run. If you want, leave a reply and I'll do my best to get back at you.

I always like seeing people's former characters, so heres mine:

<51 H-Elf Thi> (BATTLE) Gough the Dumb Blonde
<51 D-Elf War> (EMPIRE) Tyldur the Knight Hero, Imperial Soldier
<51 Human Tra> (ENTROPY) Yarnty the Hero of Alteration
<51 Elf Tra> (ARBITER) Calarathiel Tanthanalas, the Beloved Child of the Hummingbird, Aribter Lady
<51 Human Bar> (MARAN) Pohanad the Ale-Soaked Maran, Drunken Drummer of the Brigade
<51 Human Asn> (NEXUS) Nydeikon the Unseen Flame, Lord Elder of Nexus
<51 Arial Hea> (DAWN) Prendarid the Protector of Faith, Seeker of Ovens
<51 Felar War> (NEXUS) Braoldan the Weaponmaster
<51 Duerg War> (BATTLE) Feolin the Weaponmaster
<51 Felar War> (FORTRESS) (MARAN) Tyohleib Meh'Vhyn the Empathic Fang, Talon of the Phoenix
<51 H-Drw Hea> (TRIBUNAL) Onirakoth Wy'ioth the Dreaded Prelate of Reason, Provost Magistrate

Hopefully I can make it back sometime for another go.

Ryan.
38410, Well done.
Posted by Zakarius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really awesome character. I liked it when you were around. Such a dirty rotten little twerp. LOVED that. You rock dude. And I remember Pohanad from when my last character was made a maran waaaaaaaay back in the day. Delhn. Heh. Much respect yo.
38411, I got your PBF
Posted by Alarian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wish I had been mortal with you around, having heard so many bad things about you. :P
38422, Thank you much. (n/t)
n/t
38412, Nice char
Posted by Runaktla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you succeeded in being the evil bastard, all
the more reason for Runaktla to piss you off, which
apparently I did once or twice. Had thought you may
have went for the Chasm, but after I made Chancellor
I doubt you would swallow your pride to be beneath
me. The "mud-blood" and "half-breed" and "breed"
comments would have went flying, and you know it,
would have created an interesting atmosphere,
though.

Anyways, too bad, I understand how the school thing
goes,

- Runaktla
38413, Wow. Fog o Lights! nt
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
38423, Ha!
Thanks, that made me laugh. I can't believe that someone remembers that, good times.
38415, Damn fine Healer
Posted by Flixsotopeck on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were the best healer I have been around. I was always nervous when you were around, always. This was more on rep than on what you actually did while I was around. Man the stories people would tell me. *rofl* I was almost kind of happy when you got booted, almost. Then I didn't have to listen to any more stories from Maran complaining about what you did.

Flixsotopeck

P.S. I always thought you also played Malzhaalohn hmmph.
38417, I truly, truly HATED Onirakoth!
Posted by Gordath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In character anyway. You rocked, big time. Solid in pk, and solid rp you are a tough act to follow. Whenever we were together I could just feel the wall of antipathy between us. I wanted nothing more that to bury my axe in your skull. You on the other hand thoroughly enjoyed putting me on the spot to follow your orders with your Provostness. I loved it. The time we ran to Organia, and you said, ok we got what we came for, go ahead and flee. Turn my tail and run in front of the evil jerk, Hell no! Stun stun... Great times

Good luck with your next, and school too.
38418, RE: School claims another one
Posted by Calrohir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were really a great leader. Even though I considered myself one of the "liked", I was still afraid of you. When I learned or hunted with other Tribunals, it wasn't common for them to talk about you or be scared. I think you did a good job roleplaying for all of those reasons, just like an evil should be.

Hope you do well in school,
MayDay
38421, RE: School claims another one
Posted by Marmaanth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Well, I really liked Oni, and while you weren't the most ideal
Provost, especially towards the end, you did what the Provost
does best - put bodies in uniform, with making them go through
alot of hassle.

No suprise from reading your long list of heros there. I'd rank
Oni along with the best of those.

Good luck with school and hope to see you around the fields
again soon!

Marmaanth
38424, RE: School claims another one
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, it would have been interesting to see how you were going to go with what I had in store for you. The thing is, I had in mind something from the time you got tossed out of Tribunal, but you stopped showing. Oh well, good luck with the next one when you are able.
38427, RE: School claims another one
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Horrible, horrible Tribunal. Great evil character!

Good luck with your next, that's an impressive list of characters to add to!

Aarn
38428, Very strong healer.
Posted by Viviarong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you a bunch, and you were more or less the only one who whould show up on the outlander doorstep. With those charmies you were a brute, not much I could do with you... But I have fond memories of playing tag with you (raid/retrieve)....

Those provost guards was more or less my down fall, after the first round of combat with those I would be writing or convulsing, I hate that first round. That is why people didn't come to raid when you were around. But anyhow I must say thanks, I think I got more or less one or two full ranks from retrieving when we run back and forth in my earlier days.

You should try an outlander so you can see things from the other side, you will find that against a tribunal you are very competitive except against the provost who you will have problems with.

I can only say one thing, good work.

Viviarong Ithim.
38406, Hey, what happened?
Posted by Noelani on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I took a pretty long break after Noelani, so I wasn't around to find out what happened with you. Lost Provost and removed from Tribunal?

I interacted with you with a couple of characters. I never had a doubt that good things for the cabal would happen when you were around. You provoked a lot of people in so many ways, which kept things fiery. It was always a pleasure to have you around (no matter what anyone else says, lol).

Anyways, for what its worth, solid RP, solid provost, an evil bastard to the core, but you always had a soft spot that showed with spilt blood. Hope you stuck around for more CF enjoyment. Good luck!
38407, You were far beyond my caliber
Posted by Crendal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember coming at you full force on eastern road
against your charmies and mine.

I had to flee and recover three times and kept the
attack but you just stood there, waiting then repelling
me each time, and closely killing me.

Other than I think maybe two gangs you beat me down in,
I really had to think with you, and kinda glad we
didn't fight as often as we had potential to.

Nothing like a healer in the front, a bit different
than the empire healer epidemic I was used to,
and very dangerous at that. Thanks for the fights!