Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [SCION] Anubris the Elder Knight of the Dark
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=38096
38096, (CON LOSS) [SCION] Anubris the Elder Knight of the Dark
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat May 14 03:15:59 2005

At 4 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 33rd of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Anubris perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:anti-paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:396
38242, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Anubris the Elder Knight of the Dark
Posted by Kiel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just curious, was that spell 'sorcerors malison' imm granted, and what did it do? It didn't do much to me and I was wondering why you used it instead of deafen when I was retrieving.
38130, That had to be the most annoying way to loose an axe.
Posted by elmeri_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No iron claw, imperial tactics disarm while bashing me down, I couldn't help feeling a bit bad for you. 16 charges too, so it stings a bit. Gave it one of the imperial APs for a trade, and he lost it in like 5 minutes. All in all mad props for anyone who sticks to con death as an AP.
38133, RE: That had to be the most annoying way to loose an axe.
Posted by Anubris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was shocked as hell when i seen my axe go flying, an even more shocked when you fled came back an took it. But thats how it goes. I always wanted to kill you to see how many souls you would offer, but you were just to damn slippery. Anyways I respected you in battle cause you always seemed to fiend me, and I would have to leave an maybe die *frown*. Well played bard.
38113, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Anubris the Elder Knight of the Dark
Posted by Runaktla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well well... old man. We had some interesting times in the
Chasm. You know at first when I was inducted I didn't think
all that much of you, but after awhile I kept noticing that
you always appeared to be in good shape and with a semi-decent
unholy weapon, you seemed to do pretty well. Then you started
passing me things when I wasn't in perfect shape. Apparently
you were doing very well.

As far as your character's personality, Anubris didn't seem to
have anything, even the slightest quirk, that defined him as
evil, besides the obvious red aura. Consider that next time.

Either way, good job you impressed me at certain points,

- Runaktla
38112, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Anubris the Elder Knight of the Dark
Well let me start by saying I'm not good with farewells. So with that said if i forget anyone respond an I'll comment.

Immortals:
Eshval: Love the role you play in the Chasm, you can be tough at times but overall I loved the interaction i got from you.

Muuloc: Great immortal as well, I always appreciated the knowledge you gave the character.

Dreaa: Same as above, I guess I liked all the Scion immortals.

Qaledus: I like your religion an wish we could have interacted more.

Scion:
Runaktla: I remember you before you even joined the chasm, I thought what a smart muter we got here. Anyways you got inducted an later became the Chancellor, well done, i dont know anyone who could lead the chasm better, I always considered you a friend even before you were inducted, keep up the good work.

Sythlindora: We kinda came up together, you were always a strong ally an always made sure I kept my skin in battle, hope up do some good things while I'm gone.

Gakken: you were the reason I wanted to join Scion so much, you played a great fire giant warrior. And always looked out for me when you didnt have to.

Akscereh: Well you passed on, but while you were around i enjoyed your company. You were tough for a offense/air shifter.

Lumiere: The new guy, glad I got to ruff some people up with you. keep up the good work.

I know theres some I forgot maybe get later.

Battle:
Vershelt: I always hated you cause you were a beast, excellent rager. *mutter*.

Well thats all i ever really spoke to from the village. and he always said DUEL DUEL DUEL!

Tribunal: Little interaction, only really spoke when i needed to bash a criminal.

Outlander: Uh.

Fortress:
Caradoc: Gratz on Marshall, had fun bashing you when i could see ya.

Ginharq: I hated you, cause you always held me, well played transmuter.

Iramath: most dangerous elf I ever seen, you made it hard for me to become a hero but I did. I wondered did you ever stop the hunt when you knew I was learning. probably not.

Cytherea: You always defended when you couldnt beat me alone, guess thats one reason you immortal, anyways well played healer.

Anyways these are my goodbyes I know I missed a lot of people but writing quick to get out of the way. hope my character was enjoyable.
38119, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Anubris the Elder Knight of the Dark
Posted by Lumiere on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are times I don't like you and times I do. But overall, I'm impressed with your determination. I would say heroing an AP itself is not an easy thing to do, but you manage to do so even after losing your unholy numerous times. I've fought against and along with you before. The times were good.
38120, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Anubris the Elder Knight of the ...
Posted by Cytherea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed the fights we had, and I wish you the best of luck in the future.
38122, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Anubris the Elder Knight of the Dark
Posted by Nhil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Im impressed every time I see a hero anti-paladin sticking it out. Often people tend to delete when they loose their first good axe. Ive been occupied with a new girlfriend and blasted computer trouble. But im back again now, atleast close to as much as before.

Good work, mister, and welcome back to the chasm.

38135, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Anubris the Elder Knight of the Dark
Nhil when you were inducted I had a good feeling about you. I liked you because even though you were young you always stuck your neck out to get the Scepter back or hold items I collected. I enjoyed the time, an keep up the good work.
38124, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Anubris the Elder Knight of the Dark
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Actually, I have to work to be mean...I took a night class from the Sauran School for the Criminally Vicious to help me along.

Regarding Anubris...in your early years your were not an ideal AP or Scion...you had to grow and season to enter the competent ranks. By the time you died, you were a force. At the end of your years, deaths were less frequent on often required multiple opponents to bring you to ground...I like that. I appreciate that you stuck it out, through all the crap and did not wimp out like so many do, hence your title.

Good job.
38125, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Anubris the Elder Knight of the Dark
Posted by dwimmerling on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never got high enough to group with you, but backing you up once or twice defending, and stopping by to heal you between fights, you were pretty beastly. Good char.
38131, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Anubris the Elder Knight of the Dark
Posted by Alven on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't like you. Most of the time I've seen you around you were running in gangs. I don't mind people ganging, but those who are always ganging aren't cool in my book. Anyway, just my point of view, I've probably missed your best moments. And yes, for some reason I consider killing link-dead people cheap. I know that you don't, so it's just my opinion again.

Alven
38134, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Anubris the Elder Knight of the Dark
Well I guess you did miss some of my best moments. Coming up in Scion when there was no one to travel with was hard. An I fought most of my fights alone, until Scion got a few new members. Oh an I didnt mind ganging when I could cause there was always enough lightwalkers to team up an raid the Chasm that happened so often. An for your link, how could I have known? You were fighting an I was bashing you died. You cant really blame others for your link if they dont know.
38136, Well well
Posted by Akscereh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was disappointed we never truly got you that large soul filled axe we were looking for, almost had the emperors one time but either you or the cloud missed a bash I think (dont remember which). All in all you did well, always there to defend and raid with us (one of the large reasons I didnt boot you, though that time we went looking for a certain heart I came very very close when you wanted to turn back) and definately a certain undeniable precense, although you never really did come off as truly evil. But all in all, good job (AP's in general can be difficult)

NbM
38108, Anubris the Elder Knight of the Dark
Posted by Qaledus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry I never really seemed to be able to catch up with you after
our inital meeting.

Congrats on Heroing an AP, though, that in itself is something of
an achievement these days and I personally like hero APs around.
38103, So did you choose this name after learning about Egyptian history
Posted by Wilhath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
or simply by watching The Mummy trilogy?
38107, You're thinking of Anubis. (n/t)
Posted by Qaledus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>or simply by watching The Mummy trilogy?
38128, So...just to get this right...
Posted by Odrirg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I made Bilbro instead of Bilbo, that would be alright?

If I made Zreus, instead of Zeus, that would be alright?

If I made Apollro, instead of Apollo, that would be alright?

If I made Aphroditre, instead of Aphrodite, that would be alright?

If I made Gandralf, instead of Gandalf, that would be alright?

If I made Gollrum, instead of Gollum, that would be alright?

If I made Elendril, instead of Elendil, that would be alright? ***oh...wait****

If I made Thror, instead of Thor, that would be alright? ****Oh....wait****

If I made Beelzebrub instead of Beelzebub, that would be alright?

What about Jesrus instead of Jesus? Would that be fine?

No offense, but This Anubris character's name is a perfect example of the thing that annoys me the most....by parsecs...about this game...the fact that the imm staff lets some VERY....VERY...lame names slip through.

Seeing those lame names just breaks down and stomps on my enjoyment of the game...then defecates on it.
38129, Sometimes....
Posted by Alarian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
....what you might consider "lame" names slip through because, as Amaranthe put it, I think, "a string of letters you think sound good together have probably been strung together by someone else sometime in history for the same reason" so we try not to be ruthless on what may be a honest effort to make a cool sounding name by a new player.

Google Alarian sometime, it shocked the hell out of me. It just sounded good to me, had no idea what it was in other languages/places.

That being said, "I'm not going to argue anymore with you, Odrirg". :)
38132, Sometimes
Posted by Xaannix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
its ok to be ruthless when things get out of hand. Take that player aside and talk to him. I guess its more trouble than letting it pass...read my post on ASK AN IMM. Is this all to encourage newbies? Encourge them in the right direction not the semi-right one.

You think he may not come back if you make him pick another name?

SOme of those 'strings' of letters are famous...NAPOLEON, CAESAR, ATILLA etc...some aren't strings of letters, they are ones that stand out and remind people or something else thus taking focus away from the character.

So if Aramanthe said that thing about names, its a very pathetic excuse for the suggested course of action.
38098, No prizes for guessing who played this char
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Did you mean to give it away, or was that a mistake?

Assuming I'm right and it is Jhyrbian.
38101, RE: No prizes for guessing who played this char
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Problem is, you're wrong and i don't mud anymore. :)

Cheers.
Jhyrb.
38102, RE: No prizes for guessing who played this char
But i am curious to see why you'd think i played an AP that con died. Ehehe!

Cheers.
Jhyrb.
38106, Here's why I thought it
Posted by Daurwyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1. You posted saying ap's were too weak. A con dead ap might cause you to think that.

2. You posted a log showing charges from an imperial ap. Therefore I thought about which ap was taking those charges, and I decided it was probably Anubris. I assumed that you were posting a log of your own, hence that you were probably Anubris.
38111, RE: Here's why I thought it
No, i posted logs of a scion AP, and they were my own.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.