Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Grixlin the Weaver of the Elements, Faithful Dog of the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=37734
37734, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Grixlin the Weaver of the Elements, Faithful Dog of the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue May 3 08:08:58 2005

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Grixlin perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:347
37746, Brief goodbyes and comments...
Posted by Grixlin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just wanted to post a few brief goodbyes and some comments.
This was my third invoker but the first one where I started
grasping the class very well. The ability to customize the
class somewhat gives it he flexibility that only a few other
classes have as of yet. I hope to see some of the other classes
go the route of invokers, thieves, and warriors as well soon.
I had the time with this char to really do some exploring and
take the time to study many areas that I paid little attention
to in the past. The exploring paid off not only with wands, preps,
and gear, but with a greater appreciation of some of the detail area
authors have put into their work.

Battle
Without naming names I must say I like the whole damned lot you
guys. I never saw any of the things so often alluded to in other posts
about ragers ganging or cutting corners. After Tugg handed me my
ass at low levels I decided to prep and try fighting back. I should have died much more often but I always seemed lucky against you fellows. I actually thought I got that title from village Imms for how often I aided Empire raiding. When I managed to take one of you down you always seemed to handle it well and my only regret was when someone looted you after a good fight. I should have never beaten you dirty bird and I know my victory was just because of the situation.

Empire
Thanks for the help raiding and exploring. I was always up for company
and you guys seemed much more willing to reach out and seek my aid
than anyone else. Got to know a few of you well and learned a ton. It was fun trying to figure out the current politics while on the outside looking in. I must say I am amazed that I wasn’t slain at some point for refusing to take the oath but I suppose my aid was worth more than pissing me off.

Outlander
Regardless of how grix acted in char I understood fully why you were
after me. I think your help file even states that any marked as aiding empire/tribunal is to be considered enemies. I only clashed with a couple of you and that was over ego on both sides. It seems your numbers are good and I’ll have to try the cabal out one day and see it from that side.

Maran
You guys as a whole were a real enigma to me. I must say I was rather
pleased you handled me being titled so well. I never wound up on the wrong end of a maran gang or had the feeling you were hunting me. There were several individuals who I got to know but beyond that I had nearly no interaction with you. When I tried to strike up conversation it seemed you were always busy saving someone or fighting. All in all I found the various evils much more friendly and outgoing. In general if any of you would have sought my aid you would have had it.

Tribunal
Vindicator, hell cat, twas good interacting with you both. I spent as little time In cities as possible as Tugg taught me early the folly of sitting in a guild. Luck to you both as you will need it with the constantly wanted ragers and outlanders.

Imms
Thanks for a great game. I know you guys don’t get much positive feedback but you deserve it. As far as my title I must say I was surprised. I rather thought I did a good job using them for what I wished, which was to gain info or raid battle. I don’t recall being ordered about at all and was never pressed about oathing. Any
who asked usually got my aid. I would be curious to know what portion of my life in played hours was spent with an Imperial if that is what is required to be considered their bitch. Either way it made life interesting and I was trying to save up some a nice bribe for the business man to see if he could tell me who placed it.

My death
Bad string of events. Between fighting an outlander transmuter in galadon I saw two more enter town so I teleported. I landed in plummeting to your death. Muter saw I died so located my gear and new it would be coming back to the pit. Muter pit sat waiting either my gear or me. Trying to figure a way around it I changed hometowns to arial figuring my gear would come to where I worded. Headed back
to galadon where I was beset by the other outlanders and got away. Thought the plan would work so I ignored my hunger (stupid me) and hid out of the way till my gear came back. It returned to galadon when I located so tried to dash to galadon to recover what I could. Ran out of move on trade road like a idiot and shields fell as I got pincered. Deleted in frustration at myself and the situation more than anger at stony for doing what he should have done. In retrospect I don’t know why in hell I chose galadon as a hometown knowing these things happen. Live and learn.

37749, RE: Brief goodbyes and comments...
Posted by Tanera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My god I hated you...hahahhaha

Not much I could do against an Invoker..
After my death.. and I saw your title..
I would have gone after you, knowing I would
die.. cause I saw you as an Imperial...
but.. enough about that...
37750, Man did you make me feel bad...
Posted by Grixlin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Only fought a couple of times and both times it felt like rape. The second time I sent a tell to one of your cabalmates warning of what was comming but either you didn't get teh warning or just stayed and took the punishment. I really tried to avoid you after that. A ranger unprepped and out of his terrain is meat. Unless I am wrong you are one of only two marans I ever fought. Sorry for getting under your skin but as I told you then, you guys only had to ask for my help.
37752, RE: Man did you make me feel bad...
Posted by Tanera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Me as a player.. dont hate you...
the character did....
we all play for the fun of it..
see how we manage.. different
challanges...