Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ghearden Forgefoot the Lord of the Templars
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=37696
37696, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ghearden Forgefoot the Lord of the Templars
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun May 1 23:50:40 2005

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Ghearden perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:46
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:118
37700, And I'm out
Posted by Ghearden on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My heart was never in this character really. It always felt forced. Consequently, he was *rarely* fun to play. I really felt average all round with this guy. I don't like feeling so mediocre. My rp was consistent and I adhered to the code, my pk ability sucked major ass. Landing pks with a pally is difficult anyway and when I felt like I should be charging in and not maneuvering for positioning it made it even more difficult. So I get to lay a small amount of the blame on my rp (very small amount). Pretty much I had to wait until someone made a decent mistake to land a kill.

Imms:

Shok - Thanks for the empowerment and the virtue. Felt like an ass deleting, but it had to happen.

Aarn - Thanks for the full induction (even though I didn't feel like I'd earned it).

Lyristeon - Dropping in on Brumbalin and I while ranking, was good stuff. Ice drake was awsome.

Brumbalin's staff of striking (Aarn also if I remember right) - Funniest stuff I've seen a long time, that is the kind of thing that will give a player a nice boost.

Players:

Fort: I haven't really interacted with anyone that is still around except for Cytherea and Kalumgar (I think, I've been playing Ghearden so sporadically). Iramath thanks for the induction, Sydrian thanks for the initial talk, Icthaen thanks for being badass - when you three went away, it sucked really bad. To the other million dwarves in the fortress - YAR!

Enemies: It was fun, thanks. I can only think of a handfull enemies that as players, I thought were pulling ####. And it wasn't even a big enough of a deal for me to point fingers here.

Random people: Brumbalin, as an efficient leveling parter, you sucked so much ass. I knew something was so off when a staff spec was tanking a drow warrior like you were level 5. But, you made it so much fun to play I didn't really care, so thanks for that.

I know there were probably a couple others, I just can't think of right now. If you have a comment, I'll respond.
37701, Holy ####
When did I get a last name? I didn't even notice that. Well ####.
37703, Missed ya.
Posted by Grixlin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For what it was worth I enjoyed our travels and interactions. I thought you were well played and was looking forward to seeing you about again. See you back in the fields again soon.
37707, RE: Missed ya.
Likewise. Always nice (and rare) to find competent traveling companions.
37710, RE: And I'm out
Posted by Cytherea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed your charecter when you played. When you deleted like you did, it took me by surprise. I never enjoy playing a charecter that I hate so I wish you some luck with your next.
37711, RE: And I'm out
I always got a nice sense of composure from you, which is what I expect from a highelf priest. Keep up the good work. And yes, I feel it detracts from how the char ends up being perceived if you have to force it. It's just never as good.