Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Reggie D'erkLouden the Weaver of the Elements
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=37425
37425, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Reggie D'erkLouden the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Apr 23 09:46:42 2005

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Reggie perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:326
37431, The invoker experiment ends
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What can I say, I love playing all kinds of classes, but I think I'm better at the warrior types. I had a lot of fun with Reggie, and to answer the question, the name was based on an RP idea I had that I never used much because no one ever talked to me, and i didn't talk to a lot of people outside of friends. I told one person to call me Reginald, and in retrospect, I should have used that as the full name, and had friends call me Reggie. I like the character Regis from Icewind Dale, and well, Reggie was supposed to be like him, small, liked shinies, but horribly dedicated to his friends regardless of what he "wants." For those who "didn't like my name" I find it funny that names that you would never ever see are perfectly fine, but some normal name like Reggie, or Jim, or whatnot are "frowned upon" haha, that just makes me laugh. Please, I remember someone taking the last name of smith, and why in the world shouldn't we do that more? Because, people use some stupid char generator name and get Ckhtatua, yeah, awesome name, where did you come up with that? Anyway, my little rant.

Anyway, my reason for deletion was boredom and being tired of being passed over. I really didn't want Harbinger anymore after the whole Crendal thing. I'm glad Salvrath got it though.

Goodbyes: I'll try to remember a lot, but it will be hard. Write and I'll respond.

Amaranthe: Honestly, I'm sure you are great for some, but our only "interaction" was the note, and it left a very very sour taste in my mouth where I felt you basically said I was a horrible RPer...so, I'm glad you took sooooo much time to get to know Reggie. Ha, good luck with real life, but you lost this outlander for awhile.

Lyristeon: Thanks so much for taking time to talk to me. It meant a lot, but it still couldn't counteract the taint left by Amaranthe. You are a great Imm from what I see, perhaps someday in the not too distant future, I'll make a maw follower.

Innis: Was fun listening to you and Lyristeon banter back and forth, Tried to get a neutral "I don't care much about your fight" comment in there once or twice.

Aesrira: Lord knows, I hate that "pack" talk and you calling me your cub and what not. I did respect your guts though, and I liked fighting with you.

Tjok: Said enough as Karrel, but Reggie did get inducted by you, so you were great.

Aerik: My good buddy growing up. I wanted Harbinger and was frustrated when you got it, for some reasons. This was one of those times where I thought my char was a "stronger wolf" than Aerik, no offense, and I thought I deserved a chance. Oh well, I really liked Aerik.

Crendal: I saw myself after the whole Aerik thing as a "rabid wolf" in the pack. I thought you needed to prove yourself a bit more, cause honestly, you hadn't been around all that much, granted most of it was during one week while I was gone to Florida for work. I'm sure you could have been good, but you didn't really try all that hard to stick it out.

Salvrath: Glad you got it, I think you have a some very strong possibilities

Brulg: Loved fighting with you, almost as much as with Drahke. I agree, you kinda get the shaft, but I will say this, you got a lot more imm lovin than I did. Though of course, I didn't try to even seek out Sebeok for his tat, though I had thought about it.

Drahke: Favorite fire giant, I was there when you got your tattoo and that was cool. Hope your having fun with whatever your doing.

Reossi and Saephi(sp?): I liked you two, I think you have great potential.

Hilaron and Tytinious: Didn't get to fight with you much, but when we did, it was fun.

Otzo: My favorite healer, I was mad when you deleted, we did very very well together. Oh well, you were great, hope things are going well.

I know I'm missing some, but my brain is addled.

Enemies:
Empire:
Nabburak: Was fun, but you always just deafend me and I was like "see ya." I guess in some cases thats what you wanted, but you never got me, and I never got you, so we left it at a stalemate.

Sdradiga: Never was really that impressed, but you seem to know something, so good job with War Master

Mahk: Argh, the new Lich. We never fought long when you were "living" but the few we had were ok.

Tirnath: You beat me up young, I beat you up old, it was fun.

Asfas: Never did get you back for all those fun ones we had.

Others, email and I'll write.

Tribunal: So many of you, so many good fights.

Vargblot: Never got to really get a great shot at you, I was just learning the class so I wasn't very good yet. Oh well.

Tolchec: Lots of heart, but arials and invokers just don't mix well.

Tasild: Got braver as time went on, and smarter too. You were like my arch-nemesis.

Dwarven Tribs: Invokers and Dwarves don't get along well, none of you were really tough opponents when I was older. Gordath and I had a few good fights younger.

Onirakoth: Dang, we got you close soo many times, and you got me close a lot as well. Good job, and man were you impressive gear and knowledge wise.

Flix: No offense, but I saw you as a weaker Reggie. I have a feeling you are also learning the class...keep truckin!

Macumba: Our fights just never went your way, you were the only thief that shield of flames seemed to work on the most.

Others:

Vershelt: I didn't see all ragers as foes, but you were one I hated. Just seemed like a cookie-cutter cloud giant sword spec to me.

Desmonn: We had a few fun interactions, til I got cocky and didn't make sure I flew. Good job on that takedown. I hadn't died in a long long time, and you messed up my nice set. I would like to point out that the set didn't matter all that much, it was just nice to have, but I knew enough of locations of things to do fine with basic gear.

Nzhil: Good job helping Desmonn, you took your life before I could burn you out of Voralian.

Friends:
Cytherea and Jez: I loved both of you, you were always willing to be kind and knew my lines with helping the fort. We had some fun times.

Not sure who else to put in here, so write and I'll respond.

Alright, thats enough for now, let the flames of my name begin.

Aaron aka Minyar, Karrel, and now Reggie
37432, I had fun
Posted by Gileanas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
in the times we ran around together and all. I guess by the time I was around you knew at least the basics of the class, because you seemed to do well to me. I had been hoping to see you around a bunch more after your return, but I guess not, heh. Its a shame to see you go, but when its time for something else and all that, have fun with the next one and be seeing you around.
37433, Gil, I forgot Gil
Sorry man, you were a fun person to hang around. I'm not sure how long you have been playing dagger specs, but you certainly seemed to get better at it over the time i knew ya. You were a fun companion, keep the sun beating down on thsoe enemies!

Minyar
37468, So it did show..
Posted by Gileanas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
heh, I have been using dagger specs since rank fourty with this char, so yeah, been learning plenty about them. Good to hear I have been getting better though, you did see me make enough mistakes, hehe.
Like I said earlier, see you around.
37434, damn, no love for your invoker friend? after all we are the
Posted by Parantl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
37435, the same person! bah!
Heya, sorry man, I didn't include Sivakar either, though by far you were more of a friend, as Sivakar kinda dissappeared from my view for most of the rest of my life. yeah, you taught me some things, and it was fun traveling with you and teaching you a few things as well.

Good job,
Aaron
37441, Indeed!
Posted by Parantl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Im sure you could tell this was my first invoker too..

funny... I taught you alot of things when you were first
starting out, then you blasted up in front of me and taught
me alot of things in the end..

See you in the fields bro...
37437, Goodbye, Reginald DerkLouden!
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Though you didn't tell Atohner to call you Reginald, you did call yourself Reginald in the interview we had. I saw that you were skilled PK-wise, which made running with you fun. Good luck with your next.

Atohner
37448, Thanks!
Posted by Reggie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good luck with whatever you are up to.
37438, I generally wouldn't have minded the name
Posted by Wilhath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but on a gnome? Come on man. If I see a "normal" name on a human I typically don't care. I've played some normal-named humans myself, but Reggie on a gnome is pretty silly, particularly when it's short for Reginald. If it was short for Reggalamadingdong I'd have been fine with it, since that is a gnomey name. That's my 2 cents.
37440, Excuse me
Posted by Crendal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Crendal: I saw myself after the whole Aerik thing as a "rabid wolf" in the pack. I thought you needed to prove yourself a bit more, cause honestly, you hadn't been around all that much, granted most of it was during one week while I was gone to Florida for work. I'm sure you could have been good, but you didn't really try all that hard to stick it out.

Well..

My character was only around about 3wks tops or so, but was also
nearing 200hrs. Crendal was a freak with play times mostly from being out of work.

Not my fault you took off for a week, and not my fault you cant log in for more than an hour to log back out. I saw you twice in my whole life span, and Im pretty sure while I was around, no one was in game more than me.

You didnt even know my character, and the first thing out of your mouth was bitching I'm harbinger and not you.. like I went out of my way to stick you or something.

Bear in mind I DIDNT ASK to be Harbinger, but I accepted it.
You want to play the jealous barrier whore that from what I saw, cant even keep a consistent play time, but bitch at Me, for the Immortals of the cabal's decision? Yeah, up yours buddy.

You dont wanna be passed up? Then step it up, or step out.
37447, The last time I responded with this it got deleted...
When you can maintain a consistent presence in the hero range, come talk to me. You can respond if you want, but seriously, your comments mean nothing to me as your right, we didn't coincide. I was also around definately more than one hour that day even. Some day, when you understand what its like to be married, and have a full time job plus trying to do your best with this game...well, I'll leave it at that.

Barrier whore is definately funny, as I definately wasn't. Its too bad your delusional, you could make a great player someday.

37459, Again just assuming
Posted by crendal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was married, father, in the army, and STILL mudded all the time.

Aside from that.. ive made it very clear, I DONT LIKE THE HERO range, and the only time i saw you fight, you took a spam of grazes, then word home. Wow.. thats skill.

Your one hour log ins.. after me getting ganged down all day, you finally wanna log in with outlanders starting to show up, do a raid, then log out.

That's why you didnt get picked. Usually im the one thats bitter, but now it seems to be you over the whole harbinger thing. You remind me of the step child that thinks he deserves everything when in fact hes just annoying.

37462, One hour log ins
Last thing I'll say, and honestly, it can end here. I know my priorities in life, and Carrion Fields, though great, is not one of them. I'm sorry we disagree and I'll leave it at that. Quite honestly, neither of us know enough about the others char to say much of anything. Also, final thing, where in the sacred text did it say that I had to "like" the harbinger and be all buddy buddy with him? I roleplayed my frustration ic, not ooc. Anyway, and i mean this, good luck with whatever is next for you. Let's just hope we get to fight each other. :)
37443, RE: The invoker experiment ends
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So close and so far. We had our talk and you understand why you weren't going to be the Harbinger. I was going to leave it open to see how things panned out to see if you could turn it around, but the time came up short. From what I have seen of your characters, you are on the edge of doing something special, if you put your focus to it. Most of it is what we talked about. Put the pieces together and you can figure out what you should be doing next. Good luck with your next.
37452, And to think....
Posted by Tolchec on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I ranked with you till about 30 or something like that. Good fights, was always on the wire with you. I stuck it out too long with faith in crushing blow. Aww, well thats what happeneds. Good luck on your next.

-Tolchec-
37461, Rest in peace :) n/t
Posted by Alidliril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
37463, We had some fun fights, darn rager wood-elves! nt
nt
37469, RE: The invoker experiment ends
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I honestly can't say I remember what I said in my note to you in detail, except that I remember it was pretty much in response to a borderline OOC note that was sour about not being named Harbinger.

It was my initial inclination to just ignore the note, because it wasn't really something an Outlander should be broaching in a game note, but I decided to respond to it as IC as possible with, at least as far as I can recall, a civil response. Perhaps I should have listened to my first instinct and remained completely silent as the other patron imms did.

Obviously another person was chosen for Harbinger when you thought it should have been you. It happens. I'm sorry you were disappointed in the decision, but from the tone of your note, I doubt I or anyone else could have said anything that would have left you satisfied.
37470, Well...
I tried to keep the note strictly IC all the way. The point of it was that I had been trying to reach you often. Which is true. Even going to your temple one time when I know you were on because you had just spoken to Beidal, but you gave no response. Just one little thing, honestly would have made everything more worthwhile. You basically said Reggie had no substance in your note. So well, how is he supposed to take that, you did thank him for his service or some such. It really doesn't matter anymore, I'm not cut out to be a "nice" leader like most seem to be with the exception of Crendal. And my knowledge of him was limited.

Thanks for responding here
37471, RE: Well...
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I do apologize if I didn't respond to your prayers. My online time is often in "spurts". If you are referring to the most recent time I spoke with Beidal, that was a superfast response to juice up empowerment. Beidal was stuck empowered to 35 and I wanted to get full empowerment in quicklike because I knew I was due to disappear off the face of Thera at any given moment and didn't want to leave any empoweree only partially juiced, as it can be diffuclt for such players to get someone else to scoot up empowerment no matter how MIA their patron imm is. (As it is now I am ginormously rolling around several days past my due date, and I have a toddler to distract me as well.)

Harbinger selection is not my decision alone. I consult with the other imms (both Outlander imms and otherwise) and, when possible, the previous Harbinger for their thoughts and recommendations on possible candidates for their successor. I admit I did not know much about Reggie, but I never personally saw much that jumped out and screamed "leadership!" and the imput I got from others did not contradict that. I was impressed with Reggie's commitment to the cabal and its goals in terms of participation, which is probably the business about thanking him for his service, but a primary qualification for cabal leadership is a character with a personality that really jumps out at people and makes an impression, and I wasn't seeing that and no one I consulted with saw that either. This doesn't mean you necessarily had a shallow, empty character - it just means that for whatever reason, it wasn't coming across to a number of people I happened to be consulting.

It wasn't that they said "Reggie has no substance", it was just that Reggie's name didn't come up.

That may have been tough to take, but when you ask a direct question, be prepared for an answer that you may not like. Don't take it personally - aside from a few mildly negative comments about the name "Reggie", I don't recall anyone being particularly critical of the character, and that does say something.

37472, RE: The invoker experiment ends
Posted by Cytherea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hate to see you go. You were always fun to hang around with..That time we raided to retrieve with Jezerael...good memories. We both thought it was a bad idea but you managed to pull it off. Good luck in the future.
37428, Always a thorn in my side
Posted by Desmonn_Kinnt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

But well played. Desmonn hated Outlanders as well
he should because they interrupt business in his fair
cities. I made it a point to get in your way whenever
possible, although my heart was always pounding when we
fought. I knew just one bad move and you'd pound me into
dust.

I know I grated at you and I'm glad. Thats what characters
who are enemies should do. You took it well, never went
OOC, and always came back for more.

Have fun on your next.