Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Zurvax the Champion of Warfare, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=37243
37243, (DELETED) [None] Zurvax the Champion of Warfare, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Apr 17 05:01:47 2005

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Zurvax perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:108
37245, Well,
Posted by Karel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Better than Xuvion anyways. Not overly much to say on this one. Maces are good, whips/flails are good, having balance of the sisters to use both without goin unarmed is good. Was seriosuly thinking forsaken thoughts for my next legacy considering how much I was running into wrath attacks. No clue why I went with the mush mouth accent, just happened. I fought alone, I fought in groups, I ran when I was getting my ass kicked. Nothing to really say on that. As for deleting because of being anathema... yep, I did. I wasn't too interested in being the guy that instantly changes his thoughts on everything because he got booted, and I sure the hell didn't want to be the guy always running.

Goodbyes...

Empire-

Grurk, Obviously you're going to be smack at the top. From my own personal experiences/observations of you I can't say I ever really liked you, nor really disliked you. This last thing just put a sour taste in my mouth. The last, or second to last, thing I said wasn't the smartest thing to say and I knew it was going to end the way it did, which kind of makes me wonder why I didn't just say what my first gut reaction was. As far as your character goes, meh, I think I'd rather just have no immteraction from you ever. Even the promotion I could have done without, made me think "Yeah yeah, go away." But that's just my view, and I've been known to be a bit... surly.

Makholvek, I would say you owe me, but I guess not anymore. Lost a point of con making you a lich, and I trusted your promises about as far as I could throw you. Although being just bones now maybe that's not entirely accurate now.

Baracus, I don't know why, but you just rubbed me entirely the wrong way. Half the time I wanted to cranial you for some reason, just couldn't figure out why.

Kruo, You are a dirty bastard doing that to people. And kind of avaricious, might want to check into that.

Remaining empire, Nothing specific to say, some good people, some that couldn't find their ass with two hands and a flashlight, but that's how the game goes.

Ragers- I hate wrath deathblows. Some good fights with people. Some played balls out and others somehow just disappeared if they didn't have the head.

Outlanders- Man you guys have taken some beatings and just keep on going. I like.

Fortress-

Thryn, I get the feeling this is your first invoker. My advice is to learn what weapons warriors use and what shields protect from them. Find some preps if you need to. Then do something besides just peek in and run. I'm fine with someone not doing a suicide run, and I applaud balls to the wall, but your approach was more tepid.

Dwarves, Good fights guys.

Anyone else- Been grand.

Lowbie looter- Enjoy the spoils.

Thus endeth my goodbyes.
37247, RE: Well,
Posted by Grumgar. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well this was much easier than actually killing you:) Almost everytime I fought you, I knew I was going to die. But hey, least it was fun. Hope you had fun. Sorry about the anathema. Guess you dont get to con die me.
37251, who me?
Posted by Kruo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
yea the ONE I did that too was someone i ranked with for about two hours and they rubbed my char the wrong wrong way. Maybe it was in their role. I felt bad ooc about it, but that was a sure bet. Trust me i am not doing that again. The time when you asked me why I didnt just take the one you oathed their? I was thinking, heh they die, spoils for me and donations. They live from two mace wielding warriors.... the deserve to the oath even more. Well they lived and made the empire stronger I hope... ask scierra(hah) avaricious? I figure you speak on the god comments. Help laws in blade sect. Highly noted.

I was so sure about you when you first fought gurayn and sent off by bruggadin with noldon in group. You seemed at your best behind a tank. But I actually gulped when you threatened to hit me over the head. Greed can be a good thing. I wish I was able to log in more often. But my playing times conflict with my job and my life and those two things come first, and cf is being pushed around...not too much +)

Anyways, Remeber when I told you when you ranked out of my reach and I told you i saw a good blade in yourself? and said with or without shinnies you had inside you what a blade was. Well I thought you wouldnt become anathema this way. Wish we could have interacted more, you made an impact on Kruos life. Ranking with too mace specs and hitting 20 myself with 100%mace, spear/staff was not an easy choice.

Yea, Empire has the potential now to mow down all its enemies without much fear, poor newbies. Try a different cabal maybe? see ya.
37252, oops
Posted by Kruo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I "was not so sure about you"...
not "was so sure"..

anyways, thanks for helping many stuupiid things fall down.
And putting a little fear in an ally.
37254, RE: Well,
Posted by Grurk Muouk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Grurk, Obviously you're going to be smack at the top.

I'm not sure what this means.

From my own personal experiences/observations of you I can't say I ever really liked you, nor really disliked you.

Ok!

This last thing just put a sour taste in my mouth. The last, or second to last, thing I said wasn't the smartest thing to say and I knew it was going to end the way it did, which kind of makes me wonder why I didn't just say what my first gut reaction was.

Yep, you didn't leave my much choice there. You could have gotten
off with just a simple demotion. It's not like I was looking to
anathema you.

As far as your character goes, meh, I think I'd rather just have no immteraction from you ever.

FYI: That wasn't 'immteraction'. That was an Angry boss asking
why a couple of his workers aren't doing their jobs properly.

I suppose Martha didn't much like the attention she got from
federal prosecutors, and probably would have preferred to do
without them.

Even the promotion I could have done without, made me think "Yeah yeah, go away." But that's just my view, and I've been known to be a bit... surly.

Right.

G.

37255, RE: Well,
Immteraction is anything imm to mortal with the exception of RotD. As far as the demotion thing... really, one of the council says do this and you expect an imperial to just say no? Sure, he isn't my sect leader, but he can still anathema me =P I'm going to take a stab and say this falls under the "unless it directly benfits the blade sect" thing. Me remaining an imperial directly benefits the blade sect by having another body to kill and donate thus making the blades look good. Now if the war master said "Hey, go rank the lich." would it have been alright then? If I had made a deal that I rank him then he ranks me what about that? I guess it's a matter of perspective on who you take orders from and what is really a benefit. Our views on that probably differ. I've always thought empire was entirely too easy in and not enough easy out, which you have changed quite a bit, whether or not I agree on all the circumstances. Not entirely a bad thing. This is all moot at this point anyways, over and done with. It is what it is, I'll just play something that I only have to deal with a mortal leader unless I do something really screwy.

P.S. In regards to the promotion, my thinking was "What, does he really need someone to toot his horn for him?". So yes, I would have rather hit the war master up for a promotion. Once again, a matter of perspective.
37256, Uhm. Other Sect Leaders cannot
Posted by Imperial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
demote you. Only the Emperor and your sect leader. The other ones can't do #### to you. They can put pressure on your sect leader or Emperor, but they cannot directly nail you. Keep that in mind next time.

37257, Really?
Someone.... hmmm... think it was a blade actually, was annoying me once upon a time, and I very unnicely said shut up anf go away or pay the consequences. He didn't, anathema. To clarify, I wasn't the war master. That was some time ago so it's possible that isn't the case anymore. I suppose I could jump in a sect leader spot and try to anathema the first person not in my sect and see what happens.
37259, From a purely logical point of view...
Posted by Imperial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why would other sect leaders have any sway at all over another sect? Thats just plain dumb. The sects are supposed to be at each others' throats sometimes. If you could just anathema whoever is pissing your sect off, there would be no one in Empire. Thats why Divine withdraws healing, etc., because they cannot anathema.
37275, RE: From a purely logical point of view...
Posted by AnotherImperial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Actually, you're wrong. There are some Imperials who can promote/demote/anathema in other sects.
37276, FWIW
Posted by jhisheshh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I demoted people in other sects. That was five months ago or so. Maybe it's changed, but I'd be doubtful. When I did it I was usually questioned sometime in the near future by the god of that sect, e.g. when I demoted a blade (I was the High Priestess) a day later Grurk asked me why and told me yeah, ok, but make sure you don't get used to demoting my blades, or something along those lines.
37263, RE: Well,
Posted by Grurk Muouk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Our definitions of 'Immteraction' differ.

But let's recap:

1. You killed yourself so the lichmaker would talk to him.

2. You were fleeing from beating down storm giants, so only
he would get the learning, WHEN YOU YOURSELF ARE NOT A HERO!

I asked you WHY you were doing all this, and your answer was,
"The Lich is powerful." Sorry, not good enough.
At least get something from the arrangement. Sheesh. Other-
wise you are just whoring yourself out for the Black Sect.

Yes, I can possibly see a case where the Blade sect would
make some sacrafices for the betterment of the Empire. I don't
think this situation was it, clearly. Then your flippant
reponse to my questioning was (by your own admission) the
final straw.

Anyways, not sure why I feel the need to explain all this.
But there it is.

G.

37267, RE: Well,
You don't need to explain, defend or anything else. I was just giving my view on it, take it for what it is. And if you're going to qoute something, at least try not to mangle it.
37264, Damn
Posted by Luth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed the fights even though I always ended up on the wrong side. Was hoping to get to fight you when you weren't 9 levels above me and with an extra legacy/spec :P

My playing time seems to have a plethora of Empire and me being the lone rager. Makes con go REAL fast since my playing style isn't about hanging back, it's about full frontal assaults and then running back to my corpse.
37266, RE: Damn
You're forgetting about those first fights when I was a few ranks below you and getting tooled. After I passed you up it changed a bit. I enjoyed the fights though, you're the type of barserker I like to see.
37244, What happened?
Posted by Makholvek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One minute we're sitting there the next your an anathama and i'm chasing you down the road. I really liked you good char very good.
37246, RE: What happened?
Apparently helping you out was a no no. I should have been chasing around a paladin, gathering donations, or anything but helping someone out that in turn would benefit me, and hell, maybe even the whole empire. Think I'm gonna ease off empire now, you guys headed back to the top end again. Time to make a lich killer ;}