Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) <None> Kaada the Heroine of Alteration
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=3598
3598, (DEL) Kaada the Heroine of Alteration
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Nov 3 18:11:31 2001

1 o''clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Dragon on the Theran calendar Kaada perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:380
PK Ratio:73% (closer to 100% is better)

3599, I remember....
Posted by Teeka/Astillian (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
the first time I met you in arboria I noticed you didn't have any bracelets on so I gave you two sapphire bracelets that I had and didn't want. Not like it helped you out that much but because of your role I lucked out sort of. Every time you had some thing shiny and I was around I'd get it. :) Enjoyed the few times we got to hunt together.
3600, RE: I remember....
Posted by Kaada (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>sort of. Every time
>you had some thing shiny
>and I was around I'd
>get it. :) Enjoyed
>the few times we got
>to hunt together.

Heh. I must have given away 6 or 7 Amathylar's in Kaada's lifetime. Locate, area knowledge and request are a powerful combination.

But yeah, it was fun. I'm really having to resist making another Kaada. :)
3601, Kaada!
Posted by Zardik (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aw, damn. We made a pretty good team for awhile there, and that was some pretty good ranking when we teamed up. Though there sure were a whole bunch of panthers around too. I remember raiding Scion and fighting a panther there, it retreated, and you came in and I thought you were the 'mean' panther. Of course, my dimwittedness didn't stop there as I tried to wrath you and saw that you were immune to my wrath. Instead of thinking "Gee, it's immune to wrath, maybe they're not evil?" nooo...I think, "Whoa, he found something to make him immune to wrath!"

Was a pretty big mess, but we had plenty of good times. Real fun and funny character, had me laughing several times just with your antics. Anyways, good luck and all that.
3602, RE: (DEL) Kaada the Heroine of Alteration
Posted by Raiztelan (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn i hated your Osprey, never slept where i else would have slept when you where around, allways tried to gate to somewhere safe to sleep/rest. As for the shawtabies, they are tough to kill, but they never tend to hurt a fighter class.

As for the "meanie" thing, its hard for a healer to be mean - even with shawtabies i think i have got the killing blow on 1 person, and that was even before shawtabies. Thought i had Meushen the other day, but Aeligrah got the last hit... :(

Healers cant do much when three people rush in to raid when one of them are a paladin with defieance. Even i sanc the archmage, and hit them with nightwalker, earth elemental, 3 shawtabies, a paladin tends to send me running and not himself... :(

Bah

Take care, hope to see you with another char

/Raiztelan
3603, RE: (DEL) Kaada the Heroine of Alteration
Posted by Aeligrah (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Last hit? Who said i hit em in the first place!

Meushen dodges your crush.
Your gauntlets begin to shudder violently!
An explosive charge blasts from your finger tips!
Your explosive blast EVISCERATES Meushen!
Meushen is DEAD!!
You hear Meushen's death cry.
Your smoking gauntlets sizzle and spark. :)

3604, Okay, I've been waiting a week to write this damn thing...
Well, another character another rage deletion. And here I was thinking I was finally going to age die. Hah! Must have jinxed myself.

Oh yeah, I tried not to ever full loot with Kaada. Hopefully it made someone's day. Most I ever took was from Aeligrah, who was decked at the time. That, and Manarei got full looted after I killed him (but not by me).

Some people who deserve mention:

Battle-

Thieves and assassins in general- I could have been a real ass when I had that mask, but it really wouldn't have been in character. C'est la vie.

The group that killed me before I deleted- Man was that stupid of me. Even after I went panther I had a chance to escape, but used my one command to "bite". If you'd killed me fair and square then I might not have done the deed, but the sheer stupidity of that death pushed me over the edge. Seems that's always how my chars end up.

Goapa- You got screwed in that panther fight in Arial. Like I said on the other forum, that's the only time I got attacks like that. I tried to keep it quid pro quo with us, and you usually attacked me often enough to let me have my fun.

Manarei- I considered you sort of my nemesis after you whacked me in Tar Valon (then assassinated all my groupmates in Galadon). It was more fun to go after you than the others, since I sort of worked myself into good healthy hatred for your character. Sorry for attacking you after I'd said we were even. Honestly I just forgot.

Meushen- Another person I considered an enemy, after you looted that poor fire giant in Prosimy. Here I was trying to be magnanimous and leave him his things, and some nasty little duergar goes and swipes them all. Pole berserker is obviously a tall order. After getting popped for a 500hp chargeset by Aylkar I was somewhat overcautious.

Isk- To be honest, I just attacked you because I knew you were highly skilled. Sure it's ooc, but it was nice going after someone I would have no qualms about killing, unlike some others who left me feeling almost guilty.

Scion-

Iillien- You said you weren't a meanie, so I tried to hold off attacking you, always going for someone else instead. I appreciated the times you rp'd with me about the books.

Raiztelan- Same as with Iillien, except I forgot the once. Man you were tough with those shawtabbies. Those things are insane. Like Manarei, the time I attacked you after we spoke was just me being forgetful.

Phaistus- As previously stated, I attacked you almost every time I saw you. I really hated Mhirrogam, and it pissed me off when you healed him that time. Healers are hard to kill so I didn't feel bad constantly attacking you.

Brotmin- Man, you have it rough. Kudos for having cojones, though, and actually venturing out of the chasm without groupmates.

Mesernyk- I hated you, obviously, and generally attacked you whenever I could. Sort of an uphill battle, but fun nonetheless.

Nkhirath- Same as Mesernyk, but I sort of stopped going after you (and other Necros) when I realized I couldn't improve my save vs. spell substantially. Pity I didn't stick to my own rule. The time I fought you in Barovia I was wearing about -60 save vs. spell from gear, but apparently it had zero effect since I was shifted. Wish I'd known that at the time.

Korezxemp- Fun, fun, fun. Too bad our panthers were castrated. Those earthbind rods didn't really intimidate me unless you had someone with you, since you couldn't lag anyway. If you bound me I'd just word. Unfortunately big, nasty guards took to hanging out at my recall point.

Alsic- If you'd ever logged on when I had that mask I'd have been all over you. You and Drucyrus sac'ing my gear was rather lame. I held it against you for Kaada's entire life.

Sintarlin- I can't believe I didn't die the time you gaunted me after I fled. I entered "rev;c 'water breathing';d" and you gaunted me before the water breathing went through. Hah. Anybody who can both earthbind and curse me is scary.

Tanim- Damn you run fast. Really wanted to kill you. Ah well. You're quite good at what you do.

Mhirrogam- FYI, I didn't get Oschmer killed. There's no way I could have pass-door'd him since I'm not arcane. He was already translucent. As for my attacking after you did, I entered the command before you attacked. So, it was *not* my fault he died.

Maran-

Zardik- You're great. Keep up the good work. I must say, our time ranking was like the cadillac of ranking. Great tank, self healing, me for damage, and your little paladin tricks to keep us safe. Wow. I think I'm spoiled now.

Kaywele- Also lots of fun. Sorry I couldn't comply with your request regarding my little trinket...but, can you blame me?

Sylvan-

Suilvanum- In retrospect I might shouldn't have been so friendly with you, since you could be considered a meanie, but what the hell. Was fun gearing you.

All others, thanks for all the fun. Uncaballed is truly a liberating experience. Comments welcome. My role, such as it was:

-Isildur

role + Kaada has a rather simplistic way of looking at the world. In general she
role + views most people as being "nice", with the rest being "meanies". She
role + would probably say most of the "meanies" are in dire need of a good
role + old-fashioned "smitin". Though she isn't really aware of the word's full
role + meaning, if pressed on the matter Kaada will no doubt swear the term is of
role + her own invention. In actuality she first heard it from a maran hopeful,
role + but the lad later became incurably irate when she referred to the brigade
role + as "morons". She later corrected the unfortunate mis-pronunciation, but
role + it seemed to have no effect. What a "meanie".
role +
role + And that's the story of Kaada's life. Though she is bright, energetic,
role + and generally means well, she almost always ends up sticking her foot in
role + her mouth or offending someone in some unforseen way. This peculiar trait
role + likely stems from her upbringing, which could be considered loose at best.
role + That is not to say she didn't grow up, but rather that Kaada received
role + little supervision or guidance from her parents. Coupled with the fact
role + that she had virtually no same-age friends, her childhood unfolded in
role + somewhat of a social vaccum. Isolated environments tend to give rise to
role + odd variations, and Kaada's personality is no exception.
role +
role + She is easily excitable, easily confused and easily exasperated by the
role + various people who say "silly things". "Silly things," of course, refers
role + to any topic she doesn't understand, of which there are a great, great
role + many. Kaada values her friendships to a high degree, and considers them
role + about the only things she worthy of her devotion. She is spontaneous,
role + relishes surprises, and has an extremely short attention span. Because of
role + her lack of concentration, Kaada has been known to become bored quite
role + easily and can lose interest in anything that fails to provide her with
role + constant stimulation.

3611, Fine, be that way!
Posted by Loborguz (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm shocked, shocked and dismayed that you forget me so easily. I refuse to comment here about how good you were, how much fun it was when you were around, how you contributed to the mud, unless and until you write your goodbye to me.

Absolutely nothing. Nothing at all. I won't say a damned thing.

Really, nothing at all that I respected you for using the mask sparingly - though I sometimes wished you'd just come and attack anyway, it's a game, and that's the fun part - or thought you fought well, even with the formerly overpowered panther. :P

So fine. Be that way.

-Loborguz' player
3612, RE: Fine, be that way!
>I'm shocked, shocked and dismayed that
>you forget me so easily.

Well, thing is we didn't talk much. :)

>Really, nothing at all that I
>respected you for using the
>mask sparingly - though I
>sometimes wished you'd just come
>and attack anyway, it's a
>game, and that's the fun
>part

In retrospect maybe I should have, but you have to admit it was a little unfair. It basically boiled down to whether you could dust me or run back into the village before your health ran out. Isk with humansunder...that was pretty fair.

Since I've got your ear...a question about assassins. When I was osprey, would it have been possible for you to simply spam "flee;ass osprey"? Is the feasibility of this tactic influenced by whether or not I could detect hidden? I was always a little bit paranoid some assassin would try this on me. Even with no stalks, with enough assassination attempts one of them is sure to succeed.

>- or thought you
>fought well, even with the
>formerly overpowered panther. :P

I wish people would stop saying that. About panther, I mean. Sure it was nasty toe-to-toe. But c'mon. Which would you rather fight, panther or tiger? That's what I thought. How about panther, or wanded lion? Uhuh. The point is, you're going to have to flee from all three. Tiger can pounce, and lion can hurt you substantially more quickly than panther. So to me, envisioning myself in your place as the assassin, I'd prefer the panther any day. It's the easiest to get away from in an one-on-one situation.
3613, Disagree with you pal.
Posted by Loborguz (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>I'm shocked, shocked and dismayed that
>>you forget me so easily.
>
>Well, thing is we didn't talk
>much. :)
>
>>Really, nothing at all that I
>>respected you for using the
>>mask sparingly - though I
>>sometimes wished you'd just come
>>and attack anyway, it's a
>>game, and that's the fun
>>part
>
>In retrospect maybe I should have,
>but you have to admit
>it was a little unfair.
> It basically boiled down
>to whether you could dust
>me or run back into
>the village before your health
>ran out. Isk with
>humansunder...that was pretty fair.
>

I dont know about that, I would not have been upset about it at all. And if your fighting in the air form, I'm generally winning.

>Since I've got your ear...a question
>about assassins. When I
>was osprey, would it have
>been possible for you to
>simply spam "flee;ass osprey"?
>Is the feasibility of this
>tactic influenced by whether or
>not I could detect hidden?
> I was always a
>little bit paranoid some assassin
>would try this on me.
> Even with no stalks,
>with enough assassination attempts one
>of them is sure to
>succeed.

As Nep would say, you totally misunderstand how assassinate works. It's not like the old one where you can just get lucky and hit it. If you dont stalk at all, you wont assassinate anyone. And since assassinate is no longer the lag-free starting attack it used to be, I dont think you need worry about that. There is also something else about it that would prevent this tactic, but I'll let that go for now. I'm still playing you know.

>
>>- or thought you
>>fought well, even with the
>>formerly overpowered panther. :P
>
>I wish people would stop saying
>that. About panther, I
>mean. Sure it was
>nasty toe-to-toe. But c'mon.
> Which would you rather
>fight, panther or tiger?
>That's what I thought.
>How about panther, or wanded
>lion? Uhuh. The
>point is, you're going to
>have to flee from all
>three. Tiger can pounce,
>and lion can hurt you
>substantially more quickly than panther.
> So to me, envisioning
>myself in your place as
>the assassin, I'd prefer the
>panther any day. It's
>the easiest to get away
>from in an one-on-one situation.
>

I would absolutely rather fight the tiger than the panther that you had. I have and I do and I will. I more often than not win against the tiger. And I've beaten lions, though less often. I'd rather face the lion or the tiger than the panther, before the change. Assuming there was a change, I really don't know. But as I said, I'd fight your or Kor's panther last if I had a choice.

3614, RE: Disagree with you pal.
>And if your fighting in
>the air form, I'm generally
>winning.

Hmm. Doubtful, but I suppose it's up for debate.

>worry about that. There
>is also something else about
>it that would prevent this
>tactic, but I'll let that
>go for now. I'm still
>playing you know.

Just tell me when you die. You know you want to screw over all those other assassins.

>I would absolutely rather fight the
>tiger than the panther that
>you had.

This confuses me. Sure the old panther was slightly superior to the tiger in raw fighting ability. But pounce? Fear the pounce. Start trying to dust me? I'm going tiger every time. Figure I get at least an extra 2 rounds per dust compared to what I'd get if I shaped panther.

Plus, with panther you have an easy way to get away: just run. Sure I could go osprey and chase, but with the lag from all that shifting you'd be able to get away easily. Tiger gives the shifter the one thing he lacks - the ability to prolong combat (against classes that can't cast/commune word of recall).

And yes, there most definitely was a change. Panther's dodging ability (from typing "skills") went from "excellent" to "average". I think there's one rating in between those two, so it actually dropped two levels.
3609, RE: Okay, I've been waiting a week to write this damn thing...
Posted by Dohmineh (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Kaada,

Its been a long time since I got to hang around with you...but just wanted to say that I always enjoyed traveling with you and doing what ever. I thought we always remained friends even though I had to want you any number of times. I look forward to seeing you in the fields.

By the way, thanks for teaching me about that little trick in the Svirf Kingdom
3610, RE: Okay, I've been waiting a week to write this damn thing...
>say that I always enjoyed
>traveling with you and doing
>what ever.

It was mutual. I felt bad for you as a tribunal sometimes, but such is life for lawmen. I've actually considered rolling a tribunal sometime, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy it unless I could hunt criminals outside town.

>By the way, thanks for teaching
>me about that little trick
>in the Svirf Kingdom

No problem. Considering that's one I figured out totally by myself, I feel somewhat entitled to give out hints.

3606, hmmmm....
Posted by Lei (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a feeling you were played by Isildur, I interacted with Niamh once and for some reason I knew you'd role up another trannie. Well it was fun ranking with you, the little ranking that we did to hero. About being uncaballed, whether by choice or not, your right it is more liberating.

well that's pretty much it, good luck with whatever you do next.

Later
Kas,Lei

//just a little slice of life....
It starts to rain.
Deuras is in perfect health.

<86hp 587m 617mv>
Deuras parries your cleave.
Deuras parries your cleave.
You parry Deuras's cleave.
Your shield blocks Deuras's cleave.
You dodge Deuras's cleave.
Your shield blocks Mahbofh's whip.
You parry Mahbofh's whip.
Deuras is in perfect health.

<86hp 587m 617mv> Rocky riverside slope

You flee from combat!

<86hp 587m 610mv>
Deuras has arrived.

<96hp 587m 661mv> You aren't fighting anyone.

<96hp 587m 661mv> You quaff a potion of return.
Hometown

A pit for sacrifices is in front of the altar.
(White Aura) A healer is here selling his spells.

<96hp 587m 330mv>
Kaada tells you 'Yer a nice sorta assassin, yah?'

3607, RE: hmmmm....
>I had a feeling you were
>played by Isildur, I interacted
>with Niamh once and for
>some reason I knew you'd
>role up another trannie.

Damn. I'm so transparent. But wow...air shifters are just so freakin convenient. I used to think gate was better, but now I'm sold on fly. Who were you that Niamh knew?

>About being uncaballed, whether
>by choice or not, your
>right it is more liberating.

This is so true. At the same time, if I hadn't tried so hard to make friends then it would have been really boring.

>Later
>Kas,Lei

Kas being Kastury?

>Kaada tells you 'Yer a nice
>sorta assassin, yah?'

Yeah, basically I tried to bait people into being assholish to me so I could have some "real" motivation to hunt them. Unfortunately it backfired more often than not with evil characters telling me they're not "mean".
3608, h-elf ranger
Posted by Kasimir (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was back when Delanan had been away for a long time and there were only about 3 sylvans around. Saldradien was a few ranks below me too. I had an interview(my first) with you but then like 3 days later you deleted. Kasimir was my first char in cf and I was a real newbie at that time. I just thought you were a pretty cool char and the interview was an interesting experience.
3605, RE: Okay, I've been waiting a week to write this damn thing...
Posted by Raktorden (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nice job, I always enjoyed our fights even though I knew I was no match for a fully prepped panther. I think I caught you only once with your preps down and you just flew away anyway. That time you flew to me in the observation room in Ktengs scared the crap outta me :) I can't think of a time you killed me, but I do remember alot of very close calls and me fleeing and hiding at the last second. (Thank god for hide and camo :)

-See ya in the Fields
Rak