Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aeleck the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=35483
35483, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aeleck the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Feb 27 22:14:43 2005

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Aeleck perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:105
35489, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aeleck the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Blobqirt. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First of all, there are a few people who deserve a 'Sorry'. These people include, but are not limited to, Ginharq and Iramath.

Aeleck was a pretty short lived char. I was routinly the lowest ranked char in my groups up until mid thirties or so. Spamming backhand and doing mangles was good enough for most groups who already had a tank and healer/util. It made for some quick ranking. Loved mace as a first spec. Was really great, whip too was sick. Strip was godly fun, entwine caught alot of people off when coupled with mace on a dwarf.

There are a couple of reasons I deleted. First of all I realised the Fort had alot of players, this isn't such a bad thing, yet the way alot of them logged in soured it a little for me. One of the saturdays I had to just chill I played cf. I played for around 10 hours that day, around 8 straight and then finished after a little break. Needless to say I was a little tired of staring at text after that :P What I witnessed were what I thought of as solid players, people like Iramath and Gin logging in, but there were some who logged in, and subsequently logged out, only when there were lots of Fort people on, then, all of a sudden alot of Empire logged on. Weird huh? Im not against things like this, but don't make the sides swing to fast so obviously.

There are also a few imperials who used to consistantly be on in my times, when there were three of them. Then one stopped showing regularily and so did the others, like a trickle affect. Again, I can live with this.

I had high hopes for Aeleck but thet started to drop after awhile. I can understand being ganged alot, I really got over losing gear when I played Golron, because oh god did I die alot, but when people won't fight you unless they have alot of people or sit at their inners, you beging to become tired. A few people weren't like this Ubbre you were cool, I can understand why you weren't up to fighting me to start with, because I had a fair amount of ranks on you, but when we did fight, and the little talk after, that made it enjoyable, so to did you always sneaking past me :( Damn racial sneak.

My legacies, they were a kick in the teeth compared to what I should have chosen. I chose Whispers and the Harmonious. Harmonious was definatly sick at times, 0 lag from bashes a couple times was really cool, but also it was not always going to town, which I can handle, and came to expect, thinking anything better was just a cool benefit. Whispers kind of sucked. Shouldn't have picked it, really didn't need extra regen, sure not having to eat and drink almost at all was cool, but should have picked something else.

There were quiet a few people in the fort who were quiet obviously newer players, I am cool with that, yet the way some of them acted and interacted started to grate on me. It is why I had so much fun and so much time for Iramath, Ginharq and Aroyang. You guys just seemed to click to me and were always so much fun to be around with.

If you have anything to say then be my guest. But for awhile I might stay away from the Fort, have some ideas in the working...

Blobqirt
35490, I hate dwarven race with entwine
Posted by Tirnath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good warrior from all sides, and your wepons spec/legacy did quite dealy combinations for warriors you fight with. I've never fight you when you and me was alone that still makes me sad it would be interesting to see who win. But when you ranked up and I stayed in your ranger you became one of few enemy whom I afraid to face ;)

Good luck with your next.
35491, P.S. and when I bashed you and you had no lag!!!! DAMN YOU I LOST MY SHINNY SET! :) n/t
Posted by Tirnath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
rrrrrr
35492, Shoot
Posted by Icthaen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know what you mean regarding the log ins/log offs. It can be really sickening at times. But it's all part of the game I guess. Until a short while ago, Fort seemed rather overcrowded, though now things seem to be evening out somewhat which makes for more fun. Anyway, I enjoyed the short time I spent with Aeleck, and getting stuck in the Avalanche with you had me laughing. Oh and I didn't do it on purpose as Icthaen insisted :) Thanks for helping me rank up some, a mace spec against skeletons is scary. Good luck with everything.

Icthaen
35513, Ahh, I forgot you
Yeah, I really enjoyed that little time, shame I didn't get to forge more with you, but thems the breaks. Hope you go far because I had fun. Oh and helping you rank was really me being selfish :P needed to work on my skills, and what better place to do it then on mobs with ranks on me? :-D
Blobqirt
35496, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aeleck the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Alven on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a nice guy. Liked your attitude. Good luck in RL.
35535, Aeleck!
Posted by Ginharq on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ahhhh! The wry little dwarf is dead!? Darn! You were lots of fun. Such a lustful dwarf but it was really funny. Was thinking you were gonna get maran soon from the way you played..real bad you deleted. :( Hope to meet your next!
35562, RE: Aeleck!
Good times when I had the harem. You were my favourite though ;)

Never fear for the Fortress will always be one, if not the one, of my favourite cabals.

Keep it real.

Blobqirt
35540, Aaargh.. denting machine!!!
Posted by Asfas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You never could do much to me, but that was annoying when you dented my things one after one.. And so much about shield of pitch-black night.. It cant be shield cleaved they said!!!! But it can be dented easily!!
Anyway, well fought. Good luck with the next.
35561, RE: Aaargh.. denting machine!!!
Mooohahahaha!

That fight against you, with Vinson aiding you and me having the bard. The fight that went on for ages, oh how I enjoyed that.

Was just trying to work out what I destroyed. It ended up being 2 shields, gauntlets, helm, your staff of striking and your flail which I kept. Not sure if I missed anything, but that was like witnessing the 100m sprint at the special olympics, no matter who won, they would still be retarded. Was good fun though.

Blobqirt