Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [BATTLE] Ahkenarah the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=35369
35369, (AUTO) [BATTLE] Ahkenarah the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Feb 19 02:33:38 2005

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Ahkenarah perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:167
35468, Whats the dilio?
Posted by Heas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seemed like you were having fun. I enjoyed my dealings with you, and thought you were a standout character. Then you like... disappeared never to be seen or heard from again. Well, I'll miss you, I had a blast in all our interactions.
35469, Speaking of disappearing
Posted by Ira on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What the hell happened to you, Heas?!
35487, Work work work and then you die.
Posted by Heas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heas is in it for the long haul. Work has been hectic, so log in times have been down. I've been around a little though.
35498, sigh
Posted by Ahkenarah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hiya Heas.

Really glad that I got to know you. Talk about stand-out characters :).

You're my favorite kind of Maran. Hard charging, doing what you have to do... and doing it without being a jerk (e.g. Killing Madarargh. Waiting a good hour, and then giving a fair warning before doing it again.)

It was hard for Ahk to care about anything beyond Heas the person. Maran meant nothing to her, and struck her as a silly distraction for a good warrior. But behind the birdygirl I was happy when you made Maran. And I was happy seeing you leading them in raids. And I was happy seeing you - so rapidly - stand out amongst them. Nicely done. I'd go so far as to say that you and your leadership had a lot to do with finishing the swinging of the scales.

I was having fun, to an extent. Just wasn't fully into the character. And work got busy again. Eventually she just slipped my mind :|

I had fun. I had friends. I killed enemies. I didn't die much.

General comments about specs/legacies:
Sword/whip... "somewhat reliable" lash really isn't. Sword/whip is an amazing utility spec, probably gawdawfully deathful in a gank, etc. For a rager that mostly ran solo... not the best choices. Hard to deal with shifters, hard to deal with mages. Honestly, to those of you that knew my original plans... I wish I would've stuck with 'em.

Legacy:
Fist... we all know fist, we all love fist. For a low-con rager without access to magical weapons.. yesh. It's a must. Not flashy, but good.

Surrounding... I was really, really disappointed by this one. I'd love to see it become totally non-functional if YOU are grouped, but work MUCH better otherwise. It's basically totally useless against mobs, and rarely bought me more than a round against players. Ick. Yes, I know it would've been more effective in certain circumstances... but, jesus, who cares about those circumstances? I care about the bulk of my fights: cities, roads, and inside cabals. I don' tcare if I can't be ganked down when soloing in the underdark. Whatever.
35383, Sad to see you go. nt
Posted by Manden on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mada-Ikemasuka