Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Growlow the Champion of Warfare, Imperial War Master
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=34720
34720, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Growlow the Champion of Warfare, Imperial War Master
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jan 30 16:33:50 2005

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Growlow perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:113
34815, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Growlow the Champion of Warfare, Imperial War Master
Posted by martindenmark on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
hello søren..

would just hear if you are from Denmark in real life... ??

martin
34823, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Growlow the Champion of Warfare, Imperial War Master
Posted by Just a reply on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Det er jeg. København faktisk. Hvis du har lyst kan du sende en mail til mit fornavn, med o istedet for ø og så @truelsen.net.

Søren
34743, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Growlow the Champion of Warfare, Imperial War Master
Posted by Growlow on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The character was made to see if I could still find some fun in CF. I found that even after about a year off I could still enjoy the game. Was not really planning on reaching hero range at all, simply due to the stupidity of combo and the few Imperials about. Then suddenly I was Warmaster and I felt I had to give it a shot, at least to show that even in the face opposition certain players will remain.

Guess I kind of failed at that.

I stuck it out for a few weeks hoping that the Empire would grow, but with only 2-3 bloodoathed/citizens around it simply became to boring.Throw in "no friends" and an "all cabal enemy" combo, and it becomes to taxing to play. Add the fact that my con was dropping to a point were regaining hp became as boring as practicing. At times it felt as I was sleeping more than a conjurer. (I have said this before but add some sort of healing to warriors, berserk gets worse with level.)

Then rather leave the spot for someone else.

There were some funny moments, enjoyed the sect arguments over the cabal channel or when "we" heroes ganged up and made all other quit (piss poor form on their part, but still fun).

With a highly visible char and a lame ass timing to enter hero range, time collecting preps seemed a must. However I've never really cared about death and have always hated gathering preps. Last time I spend more than 10 minutes gathering preps was back in 2000, then the wands was changed and I never really could get involved in prep-collecting again. My playing time is to short for that. Guess you can argue that this playing style is newbish, but that is how I enjoy CF the most.

One thing that bugged me as Warmaster was that I couldn't promote/demote as much as I wanted to. Perhaps look into changing that?

Over all I had so much fun I might actually play another char and install zMUD on my laptop

Søren
34757, rest in peace n/t
Posted by Jhuizi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
34771, Hey you had friends...
Posted by Melacarfina on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
in a way at least. I know so many times you'd ask me to stick around in Galadon or something. I liked Grow and I'm sure I'll like whatever you come up with next. and pink ice rings red dragon and a broadsword is very old school.

See you in the fields,

Mama Mela!
34723, This sucks. n/t
Posted by Grurk Muouk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
34731, I'm with you on that one
Posted by Iborenn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I like seeing new players rise up in the ranks gives me hope that I won't forever be duking it out with the same old farts and the same old tactics.
Peace out Growlow hope you haven't given up on CF you got REALLY freakin far with this char I suspect much farther than any other you may have had.
Props on trying and hopefully I'll get to see more of your horrible english =D
34732, I'm with you on that one
Posted by Iborenn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I like seeing new players rise up in the ranks gives me hope that I won't forever be duking it out with the same old farts and the same old tactics.
Peace out Growlow hope you haven't given up on CF you got REALLY freakin far with this char I suspect much farther than any other you may have had.
Props on trying and hopefully I'll get to see more of your horrible english =D
34744, RE: I'm with you on that one
Posted by Growlow on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've played since 95'.

Here is the list of those names I have on file, lost a few I am sure.

Growlow, Fire Warrior Empire 47
Bfarido, Human necro master Spectre
Sumsadu, Arial Warrior Empire Hero
Elsindai, Elf Conju. None Hero
Waskes, Drow Necro Scion Spectre
Pyrosdemon, Gnome Invoker Entropy Hero
Shamseddin, Human Necro Empire Spectre
Tasklira, H-elf AP Empire 42(?)
Swepser, Fire AP Empire 42(?)
Grumting, Fire Warrior Battle Hero
???????, Dwarf Warrior Arbiter Hero
Krosani, Arial Shaman None 41

I am now nothing but a casual player. This means I don't keep up with the changes, don't know about gear and skills. Guess what you see as my new tactics is simply lack of same. Give me pink ice rings, red dragon gear and a jeweled broadsword and I am happy.

Søren