Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Glaurthran the Legend of the Battlefield, Veteran of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=34456
34456, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Glaurthran the Legend of the Battlefield, Veteran of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jan 22 15:18:01 2005

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Glaurthran perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:335
34811, Very Solid!
Posted by Kastellyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't think our playing times overlapped all that much, because I didn't see a whole lot of you when I was on, but the times I did watch you I definitely enjoyed what I saw. People tend to underestimate defenders, but they can be very deadly in the right hands.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your time in the Village; comments like that mean a lot to me. Players like you that bring that sort of enthusiasm to the game really are a catalyst to others, especially when they bring good RP to the game.

Glad to see that you'll be back; even if you don't choose Battle, have a great time!
34708, Ok, I'll try this again.
Posted by Glaurthran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I had almost decided to let it go, but I'll try to post my good bye again. This was, hands down, the most fun I've had with any char in my cf time. Oldest char in hours by about 25, so thats cool. Lots of good experience, fun having a title, even if it was generic. I love the village, always have. The people who play and run this game make it amazing, I've always thought so.

Glaurth was a ride, I've never had a hand spec before, and this is basically my first dagger spec too (my first hero warrior had dagger, but I was such a noob, even as a wood-elf berserker, I remember eating giant flurries from Vahlen, fighting nexus and masters.) After my utter failure to be anything remotly beastly with Muarghat, I had to get right back on the battle horse. And It was fun, going from berserker to defender. On to the goodbyes, I suppose.

Immortals:
Ordasen, I was so angry when you kicked me out, thought you reacted too harsh. But as I got to see more of your style, I liked the way you ran things, even from afar. Thank you for that necklace, little things like that and the CB chats we had really kept me going.

Kastellyn, saw you a few times. I've interacted with you before, and I'd love to see more of you!

Grurk, I probably annoyed the #### out of you, sorry. I think my skills at rping anger weren't very good, but I really enjoyed that one time we finally talked, and the bash was perfect. maybe I'll try you again sometime.

Battle:
So many of you I knew during Glaurth's life, I'll try

Iborenn, fought with you so much, wish you'd be around more, maybe I should've insisted on taking leadership from you that one time. But you're great, be around more and that will be awesome.

Acaga, everyone was right, you were a beast. Great influence on Glaurth, he really respected you.

Khard, loved the dwarf. You seemed as dwarfly to me as Thror used to, which is about the highest dwarf-compliment I can give. Great job.

Vershelt, loved the rp. I laughed out loud for your inteview, keep on keepin on.

Jurt, never saw much of your RP, but you were fun to be around.

Gerylanst, great job so far. I think leading the village is basically in your hands now, do it well.

Huindro, Romasurn, Bggaar, Alathin, all the other vilalgers I missed, sorry, you all rule :)

Scion:
Restraal, from all of your logs I've seen, your rp looked great. Wish we could've talked at all, but a tough foe. Well done.

Hylondin, you were my utter nightmare. I couldn't ever kill you alone, and when you did die, there were liek 2 others. Oh well, great job.

Aksuroth(sp?), good chancellor. Always felt like I had a small chance of killing you, then you'd fly off. Oh well, good job.

Granaak, ouch. Fights were fun.

Empire: Too many of you to really mention, except for Ceiekalak. Death-dealing is right, you did a great job.

I'm running out of steam too fast here. I'd love to post to any responses you guys have.

Im is Treebeard55

Glaurthran, Muarghat, Thent, Zalennon, Senimar, Delebrinduil, Davrin, Bardock, Dakherizin, Dorthorn.

I'll be back :)
34709, Enjoyed your character
Posted by Karashin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fond memories of you helping me rank on kiadana, always thought of your character as tough, even if others didn't think so. Was sorry to see you go right after me, thought you might be around a little bit longer. Oh well, took me forever to learn your name, don't know why. But loved the arial, keep it up!
34725, Always hated seeing you around.
Posted by Restraal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which meant you were doing something right. A strong villager, from what I could tell, and one not afraid to wade in against the odds and kick some Scion @ss. Take it easy and good luck.

Resty
34828, Nicely done man.
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You probably don't remember me and all, but well done
for as long as I knew you. The whole boot thing shocked me
all around, (I didn't expect it from anyone involved)
I remember being IC leery, until it seemed you had worked it
out. I liked the character the whole time though. :)
-Dremkal.
Good luck with the next.
34463, I posted a huge goodbye and can't see it....I'll post it again later...i'm dead :(
Posted by Glaurthran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
More to come
Treebeard
34485, Welcome to the crowd...
Posted by Agantas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...of dead. Global echo and all. Well done with Glaurthran. Had some good fights, but you were such a beast that it was almost impossible for me to win you, save for the time I have posted as Log in Dios. Good luck with your next.

Agantas
34500, I liked you a lot
Posted by Melacarfina on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There was a few times you decided to go wild in town, and I was the only one about. Here I am trying to hard to take you on, and you keep knocking me out so I wake up and go at it again. I felt bad that time in silverwood when you had Klendalstak knocked out. But hey, what was I supposed to do? He does a cb I'm knocked out in silverwood. I kinda think I need to come wake him. You just happened to still be there, and I guess you didn't see me comming. Once again another villager I just got a tiny glimpse of, but what I saw I liked. Good luck with the next.

Mama Mela!
34510, RE: I posted a huge goodbye and can't see it....I'll post it again later...i'm dead :(
Posted by Giantman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Huge blow to the village, it really sucks losing skilled and enjoyable players. Oh well, rebound and come at them again
Good job on both the reinduction and using it to your advantage, I thought you were more deadly as a defender personally, but I don't know for sure

Acaga
34511, MotherF***er
Posted by Iborenn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm actually quite upset to see you up here, but you did say you where getting close to the end.
You where a huge aid to the village, I loved running around with you.
Two defender h2h pummel specs can be scary. And I'm still impressed you stuck out uninduction and managed to get reiducted and even challenge me for rites *Please post these if you have them I'm almost positive I've got them and fully intend to post them*
Hope to see more Glaurthans and less Maurghats! HAH!
34516, Oh veteran
Posted by Kocet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There goes another flier, who is going to help me represent our great race with all these walkers around? Anyway good character enjoyed interacting with you. Good luck with the next
34613, Bummer.....
Posted by Khard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Only way two ways to go out with a villager in my mind, and you got one of them.

Had lots of fun running around with you. Was fun watching you challenge the commander and sitting there drinking ale watching the fun. Good luck with the next, and see you in the fields.

Khard/Krath
34707, As I told your ghost
Posted by Muuloc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You really seemed to learn a lot with this character. You went from meat to someone people underestimated to a force. Its always nice to see that kind of perseverance pay off. I'm also a big fan of people sticking through uninductions.

Muuloc