Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [SCION] Hylondin Hil'guard the Elder Weaver of Elements, Sorceress of the Night
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=34240
34240, (CON LOSS) [SCION] Hylondin Hil'guard the Elder Weaver of Elements, Sorceress of the Night
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jan 17 23:09:53 2005

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Hylondin perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:403
34441, Oh man
Posted by Glaurthran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What frustration I would have fighting you! barrier made it almost impossible for me to out damage you, and hurling you in the throat would just have you fleeing and waiting a tick.

Oh well, always fun to have a challenge. Great job sticking against the odds and what not, always felt kind of lame that the only times I got you were with a few to back me up. That should be a compliment to you.

Well done.
Glaurthran
34243, I don't know where to begin
Posted by Hylondin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow! I really enjoy this game. So many things to see. So many things to do. This was my first Invoker...which I am sure many people knew. I wasn't deathly by any means. I had wanted to do more exploring...but it is difficult to do so when your often the only Scion mage about. I enjoy the Scion Cabal...and had honestly wanted to Immortal this character. Alas, it was not to be.

Hylondin believed that she would one day become an immortal herself. She often inferred in her talks with others that one day they would bow to her...or perhaps worship her. I had wanted to ascend and start something with Eshval...which would probably be a bad thing...but Hylondin resented Eshval. Eshval was the reason Hylondin was tossed out of the Chasm. Hylondin also believed priests had no place among the leadership of the Chasm...and Hylondin did not like the fact that the priests all followed Eshval. I honestly tried not to totally disrespect Eshval blatently...but I would do subtle things...like not acknowledge anyone upon my awakening. I did not acknowledge the Immortals of the Chasm....even when others did so. I am not sure if this was noticed.

I got rather reckless at the end...knowing my last breath was coming soon. I hope I added some excitement to some people's lives. There are sooooo many people to acknowledge...I'll reply if you do. Thanks to the Immortals...and thanks to all the people who I interacted with. Know what I love about this game? It's like reading a good book that always changes everytime you open the pages. Anything can happen...and most things happen when you least expect it. Thanks again!
34244, RE: I don't know where to begin
Posted by Meronir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
' It's like reading a good book that always changes everytime you open the pages. '

' Anything can happen...and most things happen when you least expect it. '

Very well put.
34245, RE: I don't know where to begin
Posted by Giantman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good char, kinda reminded me of an Urden tough scion. I got some fights with you, but most were onesided. I did notice you getting kinda reckless towards the end, but good char overall. See you in the fields.

Acaga
34365, RE: I don't know where to begin
You were a beast. I don't remember a lot of our fights unfortunately. Post them if you get the chance. When you say onesided...you mean you handed me my arse? Oh well, see you in the fields.
34397, RE: I don't know where to begin
Posted by Giantman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
no no, when I say one sided, it was you either handed me my ass, or I handed you your ass.....not really and super brawls, Ya dig?

Acaga
34246, RE: I don't know where to begin
Posted by Huidnro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well Hylondin, with his knowledge of preps and such was damn near impossible to kill unless there were a few of us making sure to keep you lagged. Upon my passing, I will post the four deaths of yours I contributed to while you tried your kamakaze retrievals. Well played, and I enjoyed the jabs we took at one another as well. This was a really good character, and I hope you enjoyed playing them as much as we all respected you. Good luck.
34366, RE: I don't know where to begin
Invokers require preps. I found that when I went into battle with the odds I usually fought....I was beat down rather quickly without them. I had a lot of preps on me most of the time...ask Hipsin. He used to laugh at my inventory. This character was an experiment...and I enjoyed every minute of her. HER! Hehe. I think if I decide to make another invoker...I'll be more deathly this time with the knowledge from this experiment.
34247, RE: I don't know where to begin
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were fun to boot from the Chasm and watch you scurry about trying to get back in. Luckily you had some Scions rooting for you. It was pretty obvious you were new to invokers...you sucked at the beginning but you got much better and aged well. Your resentment was obvious, and your ego was high...I like ego. :P

Good luck and have fun.
34367, RE: I don't know where to begin
Damn you! Hehe. I enjoyed your twisted character. I appreciated your help as well. I am tempted to make a follower because of the amount of interaction you are willing to put into your followers. People enjoy that...and I appreciated the amount I got not being a follower, even if it was negative at times. ;-)

I am curious...was that you who stole the Scepter that time? I kept waiting for them to place it...and one of them said..."someone must have stolen the scepter!" I located it on a nightwalker. That was a long raid.
34398, Nope
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have yet to steal the Scepter, but it sounds like fun.
34413, RE: Nope
Now I'm curious then. Who was it? I had assumed it was you.
34249, RE: I don't know where to begin
Posted by Onirakoth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very well played from what I saw. Good job, I liked the character a lot based on our limited interactions.
34368, RE: I don't know where to begin
Thanks. I really like healers! ;-)
Hylondin was happy to have another healer that could help her besides Restraal. Your playing time seemed to be somewhat closer to mine...and I was hoping we could explore a bit. Oh well. Until we meet again.
34254, RE: I don't know where to begin
Posted by Ginharq on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thinking the best foe I have in Scion. Very well done there..unafraid of bad odds or fights, and it didn't seem like it was your first invoker on this side! I came to knock on your door a few times not really for a death fight (well I can't kill you solo anyway at any time ;)) but simply to waste your barriers for real fights but you had plenty of those at all times so not that great an idea huh.

We have plenty of Fort members now, roll another badass scion to kill us all ;) Well, luck with the next anyhow.

34369, RE: I don't know where to begin
You play a transmuter very well. I hadn't realized how hearty they can be. You were an annoying foe. I kept thinking every time I came to the Maran I was going to be held. Fortunately, a lot of times I was not. I enjoyed taunting you and the rest of the maran when I would come in against three or more of you...and take the Scetper back from right under your nose. But then again, you took me down plenty enough. Good character...and keep trucking. I'll see you in the fields.
34255, You were awesome :-P
Posted by Alcaledies on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't see much of you in this era where you 'sucked'. . . but I did interact with you as a Hero, and all I can say is wow. . . You were great, holding up against all odds, retrieving even when it was almost obvious suicide. . . and yet. . . you'd come out alive. As for your next character, I do oh so hope it'll be another Scion, it'd be a tragedy to lose one as good as you, and as for your advice on those two unamed unameds, I found them, and thanks a bunch for helping me do so :-P And again, you best not quit on us, we've got hordes, and hordes, and hordes of folks to kill. . . Don't really know what else to say except that you were a great char. . .

Luck with your next one,
See ya in the Fields,
Yer favorite lil pouncer

:-P
34370, RE: You were awesome :-P
Your nieve! ;-)

Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy Scion, and I'm sure I'll be back sometime. I just cannot find it in myself to roll a lightwalker. I just cannot get into that mind set. ;-)
34256, RE: I don't know where to begin
Posted by Evil Genius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I very much appreciated our fights that would go nowhere, they were rather fun and light hearted.

Gragnar the healer dwarf
34258, I'm not an Eshval follower, chief.
Posted by Restraal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I know what you mean. It kinda makes me wonder how I snuck in there.

I liked Hylondin, as she wasn't in my pocket, and I was never quite sure about her. You did a lot to break up the cozy little atmosphere of 'team evil' when you were around, and I appreciate that. Before I was Advisor, I was much the same way. Now I try to stuff my pockets as full of lackeys as they can get.

Thanks for the good times. Oh, and about last night, I had 110 mana when I entered the Chasm. Tried to sanc you, but you were shielded by a barrier. Ran to rest at the Archmage to get enough mana to word you, but just as I returned you died. At least Methos ate one for you }(

An excellent Scion all around.

Resty
34372, RE: I'm not an Eshval follower, chief.
Restraal is great character. I loved your wit and humor and snide comments. I guess because we didn't rely on eachother a lot...I didn't notice you weren't a follower of Eshval. I had just assumed. I'm sure if I payed attention I would have noticed. Silly me. ;-)

I was not sure about you either. I tended to keep my mouth to myself...because I had already been cast out of Scion once...I didn't want to be kicked out again. Then one of the immortals supposedly made it so I could not be kicked out of Scion by any mortal. I was then going to confront Akscereh...but I never saw Akscereh again. I was also waiting for you to approach me again about my feelings toward you, and I was going to let it all out. Hylondin felt you were more into self preservation. Hylondin felt this way after we found out a certain someone was still alive within a certain place. We were trying to travel to the center of the area...and you said it was useless and wanted to quit. As a player...I had to agree with you. It seemed pretty hopeless. As Hylondin, she just viewed this as a weakness. Hylondin also disliked your view toward the Chasm. You sent missives with, "My Flock." Hylondin didn't consider herself a part of your flock.

Hylondin also thought you were pretty useless unless you had Granaak about. As a player, I have no problem with you traveling with him all the time. I'd do the same thing. It's what makes a healer more effective. A healer is much more effective if they have an arm with them.

People would comment on Restraal this, Restraal that, and Hylondin would usually reply, "Restraal is weak without his meat." He he.

If I had been able to confront Akscereh and become Chancellor, one of the first things I was going to do was get rid of the priest as Advisor. ;-)

Hylondin felt the Chasm should be run by mages...not priests and warriors. I just became too reckless at the end. Muuloc advised I should seek out a con quest...in so many words. I felt it was time for Hylondin to move on. I didn't use about three trains I had left that could have gone to con.

Keep on trucking.
34390, Quests & Me
Posted by Restraal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One thing I quickly realized about healers is that if you don't have some serious, heat-packing meat to lug around with you, you suck and the game is boring.:P If I wanted to play a solo killer, I certainly would not have rolled a healer. Healers are for support, and I think a great deal of the time, my enemies and allies alike forget that when it comes to dealing with Restraal.

Regarding the certain someone who was still alive, I'll have more to say when I die or delete, but I'll say this now. That is the third quest I have been offered. Both the other quests resulted only in what I would call an unfair mob death, an imperial gang pk with full looting (this I walked into with eyes open, so I'm not complaining, but it still was the result), and zero reward. I spent over a month, gathered 14 celestial spheres for second quest (the next closest carrier after Dreaa immorted was 3), and nothing ever happened despite notes and prays. Call me old fashioned, but I believe quests should have rewards.

After being burned on the first two quests, and reading the Thresniok death-thread, my reaction to that third quest we were offered was 'I want nothing to do with this.' I am not one who enjoys fighting hordes of stoneshatter-happy mobs with old imperial high arcanus powers for hours on end without getting something in return. And what happens when I say screw this and leave (which is completely in keeping with my character)? Oh wow, the mobs clear up and the imm-controlled mob in question talks junk about my dedication. Boy, I didn't see that one coming.

I know the 'never speak ill about imm-run quests' crowd will grill me for this attitude, but after literally spending hundreds of hours on other quests with nothing in return, during the second time we were repulsed I realized I wanted nothing to do with the third quest, and told the imm-controlled mob that repeatedly. The result was the same as ever: other people get powers, and I got zip. At least this time I can say I didn't waste too much time with it.

Resty
34410, I would like to support Restraal on this
Posted by Kelin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Call me old fashioned, but I believe quests should have rewards.

I was in same situation with obsidian blocks.
I busted my ass and destroyed 3 blocks out of 4. Then MUD crashed and 4th disappeared.
What I get in reward? Nothing.
Simple 'Well done' from Watcher would have made my day.

And latter I learned obsidian blocks did not matter any more.
It is easter hunt for celestial spheres now.
Which lead to nothing again.

So I support Restraal in not participating in such quests.
34259, Easily one of the best
Posted by Granaak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a lot of fun when you were around. Simply put, you were a monster. Great RP, powerful/smart mage = one of my most favorite personalities in Scion.

ps Sorry for flurrying you that one time, I was curious how hard I would hit through your shielding =)
34283, RE: Easily one of the best
As a person playing...great warrior! You have a great thing with Restraal and you beating the hell out of everyone. As Hylondin, she disliked the both of you. Hylondin believed you were Restraal's lacky...which of course I'm sure he would say you are. ;-)
You are a vicious warrior though..even without Restraal. Good job! I just wish my playing time coincided with the two of you because I believe we could have done a lot more exploring.
34269, You scions and your "reply and I'll reply stuff"
Posted by Karrel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great job I thought. I knew you a little bit, and we were friends for a little while, well, Karrel didn't have friends. I put up with you for awhile, but then the whole sphere thing happened and my anger over the nightwalkers.

Great job though, good luck with your next.
Aaron
34430, RE: You scions and your
I tried to give the Outlanders a benifit of the doubt and not start a war. I knew we did not need another enemy...and I knew the Outlanders did not need another enemy either. It seemed things just got out of hand and things came to head. I even attempted to come to the Outlanders cabal and speak one time...but was assailed by a group of about five of you all hiding in the damn woods. I got out of that one by the hair of my chiny chin chin.

You were a very well played druid. Druids are scary when played by a competent player. Well done. And I hate the hunt!
34284, RE: I don't know where to begin
Posted by Akscereh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, kinda sucks but hey, you were old :) Akscerech liked you, not as most people like others, he thought you were very competent and tough as nails, also he learned what he could from you and used you when he could, I kept you on my side as much as possible even though I knew you were trying to gather a few people together against me, and I hinted a few times very vaguely in conversation towards such but not enough to really let you know, just enough to keep you on your toes and make things a little easier to handle concerning the takeover

all in all

very well played
34453, RE: I don't know where to begin
I liked your character. I was all ready to confront you and tell you to either relenquish the title of Chancellor to myself or try to kill you outright for the title. I was told I could not be removed by any mortal from the Chasm...so I was just going to go all out against you. Problem was...you stopped playing when I played! ;-) I was hoping to confront you...and you try to remove me...and be like...hey! I cannot remove you! Oh I would have liked to see the look on your face! ;-)

I figured you knew my aims. I spoke rather candidly of my aim for the Chancellorship. Oh well, was fun while it lasted. Good luck! With my character choices I'm sure we'll meet again. I just cannot bring myself to make a goodly character.
34317, RE: I don't know where to begin
Posted by Dreaa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was nice having you around there. When I first got into Scion I was used to have 2 sometimes 3 good invokers around, then it kicked down to 0. When you put your application in, I was pleased to get a voker so it may of been a bit more slack for you but I don't remember now. :P You started off rough, and I think your boot in the middle may of been partly my doing, but you got back in, and you deserved it. You were a mean voker and I enjoyed having you around, to bad we had to stop traveling and having fun, because the forms I had and a voker really were sick. I saw you change as you learned the class better and it was fun to watch. Well done and I hope you come back again to scion and have some more fun. I hope you enjoyed being in scion as much as I enjoyed being your 'advisor' Good luck with the next and keep em comin ;)
34358, :) quite fun.
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well when I first ran into you I was 'Hrm pfft. no sweat'
then it was 'Hey he's getting better pdq, better put down the beer'
:)
In any case, keep playing. Had fun. Hope to again some day.

-Dremkal