Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) <SYLVAN> Cronin the Ranger Hero, Conscience of the Glade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=3424
3424, (DEL) Cronin the Ranger Hero, Conscience of the Glade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Oct 22 16:58:32 2001

5 o''clock AM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of Winter on the Theran calendar Cronin perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SYLVAN, the Sylvan Warders
Hours:353
PK Ratio:47% (closer to 100% is better)

3425, RE: (DEL) Cronin the Ranger Hero, Conscience of the Glade
Posted by Suilvanum (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I can't say that I thought you would stick it out much, but I understand what you are talking about. I didn't realize you were kiac as well, He was a hoot. Well good luck on your next.
Suil
3426, RE: (DEL) Cronin the Ranger Hero, Conscience of the Glade
Posted by Charqua (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
*L* I'm starting to realize I havn't had very many chars get above level 25...total of 3 I think, charqua included...
Anyways, sorry I didn't see you much ic...the only times I did, was while the cabal was being raided...and it always amused me how we could always get killed by the same people at the same time. But, good luck, and it's been fun...
3427, RE: (DEL) Cronin the Ranger Hero, Conscience of the Glade
Posted by Nivek (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All gone. So there goes my fourth ranger in a row. They do sort of get stale after a while. I liked Cronin and more or les made him because I wanted another Kiac. Cronin had his good points for sure, but overall I'd say Kiac was the better Warder. In the end, the same thing happened to both of them - each of my characters outlasted their best friends.

I tried to make it a point not to full loot with this character - he was strongly against greed. Of course, I did do it on occasion, mostly when I or another Warder was naked. I also tended to do it to those who had done the same to me.

To all those who think I deleted because of loss of the old powers, good for you because you're partially right. See, this game DOES change if you complain enough. The new powers are actually quite nice, however. I remember this character praying for one of them quite early in life as a matter of fact. To all those lowbie evils who like to rank in forests, I sort of feel sorry for you.

I originally wanted to IMM, then Age-Die this character, then Con-Kill him, but my drive to play this game has gotten to be less and less. So here is is with a big "DEL" next to his name. Sorry to all those I disappointed and thanks to all those who made this game fun.

Plyate, Saldradien and Jugynheim were all good captains. I also liked all of the Lieutenants I served under. All in all, leadership in this cabal is definitely a strong point - I can;t think of the last bad one we've had since Kiac.

Paelnor, it's amazing that your character is still alive. Wow. Thanks for the help and for rescuing me when I needed it.

Raukyr, I wish you had been around more often towards the end.

Sebeok, I've got to second what Ezelhecil wrote. In 700+ hours as a Warder, I never saw you visible and the only time I saw your presence was when you tattooed Delanan. I'd gladly trade the code you're writing for more interaction with the mortals.

Uller, I really did want to IMM and I thought my playing time would increase buch such was not the case. In retrospect, I would never have asked if I had known how much time is involved. As much as I love this game, I have neither the time nor desire to put more than an hour a day into it anymore. Maybe if I was still in college but not anymore. Sorry. Thanks for the title, though.

Andulvar, you were one touch SOB to kill. So was just about any necromancer - I got tooled by a lot of you.

Please reply with your thoughts, comments (comparisons even), and whatnot. I've known a lot of characters over this incarnation and I don't want to leave anyone out. I'll try to reply to your thoughts though. If anyone wants to see my stats or role, let me know and I'll post them.

Again, thanks.

Nivek, Kiac, Cronin and other assorted lowbies.
3432, Oops

>Plyate, Saldradien and Jugynheim were all
>good captains. I also
>liked all of the Lieutenants
>I served under. All
>in all, leadership in this
>cabal is definitely a strong
>point - I can;t think
>of the last bad one
>we've had since Kiac.

That just sounded bad. I thought Kiac was a good leader. I meant to say that I've never had a bad leader all the way back to my Kiac days.

3431, RE: (DEL) Cronin the Ranger Hero, Conscience of the Glade
Posted by Paelnor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn man. One of the few things bringing me back to play Paelnor when I find time was you and a couple of old friends. You were a good friend and a good ally, and as Kiac, a good teacher as well. It was always fun to have you around, and even getting to help you hero (something that you did considerably faster this time around *chuckle*) I always fealt bad when I wasn't in time to rescue you, and I was always happy to try.
The one thing you never did understand..is that you're human, I'm wood-elf. I carry 352 lbs to your what, 450? I mean, that was and is sick. I'd ask you for things like wide coppers not just because they were nice, but hell, they weigh 1 pound!!!! Your strength kicked your damroll up enough and carrying capacity to take the charms bracelets or whatever else I offered you, because I could never carry much. As for the last time I asked, after the Brotmin 'gank'...I had a 13 damroll. I imagine yours was over twice that. Share the wealth, brother =D
I'm gonna miss having Cronie around to play with, and I'm getting a bit tired of not being able to play, and when I do, not being as into it. Maybe it's time this bird took a rest...

Good luck in your next endeavor, my friend, and is there an email address by which to reach the man behind the character?

-Paelnor, ranger third class, beneath Kiac and Flontinot, but not Cronin. *grin*
3429, RE: (DEL) Cronin the Ranger Hero, Conscience of the Glade
Posted by Ezelhecil (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow, I remember interacting with Kiac with a previous character. It was nice interacting with you again. I knew that I could always count on you when you were around. Nice job. Good luck with whatever you do.

3430, RE: (DEL) Cronin the Ranger Hero, Conscience of the Glade
Still pissed off about when Andulvar got just outside the fortress that one time. I'll post it a little later. It was good interacting with you - I loved the whole snoring bit.
3428, RE: (DEL) Cronin the Ranger Hero, Conscience of the Glade
Posted by Uller (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am glad you liked the title and you did a good job as the conscience. It was a shame you couldn't be around more in your later years, as I think you added a nice dimension to the Glade. Personally I thought Cronin had a lot more depth as a character than Kiac did, and I liked watching you, especially after you became the conscience. Good luck with your next endeavor.