Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Jerroc the Initiate of the Macalla
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=33151
33151, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jerroc the Initiate of the Macalla
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Dec 5 19:33:01 2004

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Jerroc perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:44
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:132
33213, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jerroc the Initiate of the Macalla
Posted by Glaurthran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very dissapointed to see you go. I was happy to see you get into the village after trying so long, though I was a bit puzzled when you decided for dagger as a 2nd spec...seemed to Glaurthran that you were following the trend, as there were so many village dagger specs (still are). But you did a good job at roleplaying the mage hater. While you may not have been the most successful killer, you were a good addition. Come back soon.
Glaurthran
33246, Glaurthran
Posted by Charade on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yea man, you were one of my favorites. Treated me like a brother before I even was inducted. Thought that was great of you. I had the thought of a maladicting Giant for a while, just so happened that everyone and there brother were dagger specs as well. One of my Favorite Villagers.
33153, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jerroc the Initiate of the Macal...
You have good characters and you have bad ones. Jerroc happened to be an utter failure. I had high hopes with this one, but they didn't pan out mostly because of me. Wanted to try a mace/dagger giant thinking that Village resistance + giant resist would be enough to get my mals off but I just got hit too much. I still think it's a viable class, just in better hands than mine. And I definately think that axe would have been a better choice than mace.

THE GOOD:
Dagger spec rocks, even with a giant. Hurl hit almost all the time, artery around 60%, maybe higher. Alot better than I expected with giant dex. Real happy with my joice here.

THE BAD:
My roleplay just wasn't there for Jerroc. I wasn't having fun and it showed. Did some stupid things to try to be a balls out rager, and it didn't work for me. I wasn't adding anything to the Village, in any sense really, and to be truthful, I probably should have been kicked for my PK ratio. I never broke character or anything, but I didn't try as hard as I could have either. But, when its not fun, you should stop playing.

Gangs: Never, ever, had a problem with gangs in the past, but for some reason I just couldn't get a fair fight with Jerroc. Probably had 10 throughout his whole lifetime, which is why I died alot. Just the way it goes sometimes.

Mace: This spec needs some work. Backhand is a great first spec, but after that it just seems to go downhill. Boneshatter seemed to be the only truly viable skill after that. Cranial has its uses, but it rarely worked for me. I probably used drum 2000 times or so and got a 5 hit maybe 50 times. I'm not expecting it to be a flurry, and it might be based some on dex as well, but it seems that it should hit a little more than that. Maybe I miscounted and missed some as well, but I'd be surprised if it was over 100. Dent and Deflect I never used. Just seems to be one of the weakest specs and I hate to say this and not give some ways to improve it, but I've been thinking on it, and I just can't come up with some better skills that fit into the weapon and can keep balance. Guess I'll have to leave it to smarter people than me. But I think that axe would have left me more viable choices with my balance legacy.

OVERALL:
Not gonna post any goodbyes really. Village is usually fun for me, and I still had some fun there, but just not as much as usual. Mostly this was my fault. Not laying the blame on any there. Fought scions and Empire mostly. Centurions turning eastern road into a no exit room when you fight there seems a little excessive, but thats the way it is. If any want to post, I'll try to reply.
33169, I liked you
Posted by Granaak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I saw you on eastern last night and was thinking "get off the road Jerroc, there are two many lowbies, move move move, we can fight somewhere else"

But true to a good rager, you held your ground. The bad part is thanks to past experiences, I wear armors and carry weapons specifically to fight dagger specs. If you have that and the ranks and legacy's I had on you, it just was not a fair match up.

Anyway, I do not think I ever was part of a gang against you, I hope not anyway. I have two logs of us fighting alone that I will post for you.

Good character and good luck with your next one

ps I agree the mace specialization could be looked at for a moment
33173, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jerroc the Initiate of the Macal...
Posted by Zargu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, i killed you in a fair fight... :D

/Izuaki
33179, Granaak and Izuaki.....

Do this as a 2 in 1.

Granaak: We fought alot during raids and You always had Restaval with you. I thought you were just a lame ganger. Then you met me alone and just laid me to waste, never even close and I got tons of respect for you after that. I knew you had a good character going there. The fight on eastern actually was kinda cool since I had just beat feet away from you earlier, I was lookin forward to a one on one with you. And I noticed to late that it was only you that was chasing me in the mountains. Thought that was cool of you. All in all you really earned my respect. Completely tooling me every time we fought helped too.

Izuaki: Ahhh shamans, the bane of my existance. Half-way competant shamans give me trouble, you were just like slow death to me. Took me on fair and spanked me like a newborn. Tried for some roleplay after as well, I bantered back a touch I think, but I should have put more into it. Well done.
33271, Yah, I tried to warn you that combo is a bit wacky
Posted by Iborenn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Though I think you just didn't do a few things right but thats me..
Hope to see you again, liked what I did see of Jerroc
See you in the fields