Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectAdios, goodbye, adieu, arrivederci, ta ta, toodles, ciao, seeya, this death bitch is out? (Hi neppy!)
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=32992
32992, Adios, goodbye, adieu, arrivederci, ta ta, toodles, ciao, seeya, this death bitch is out? (Hi neppy!)
Posted by Ehlynn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Soo. I'm fairly sure I autoed at some point in the last month or two. If anyone feels like popping for the premium they're welcome to. I don't plan on it. Probably some interesting numbers, possibly some interesting immcomments.

It was fun for a while. Sadly, the character just wasn't enthralling. That's a purely RP thing. I just couldn't get into her, and I think that was obvious to relevant IMMs... which resulted in slim-to-no immteraction, which made it even harder to get into her.

I liked the concept, but (like my last) the implementation ended up sucking. She was supposed to be a spooky priestess of natural death. Most of the time I feel like I fell far short of what I intended. What happened seemed a little lacking, or was too stilted/forced. Just wasn't right.

Not that I let THAT stop me... for a while. In that while Ehlynn was, typically, constantly retrieving the fetish and killing. I'd speculate that 50% of her life she was the only Outlander on, and 90% of the remaining 50% she was one of (maybe) 3.

Near the end, though, imperial numbers seemed to be falling. Trib numbers seemed to be falling. And three logins in a row (about once a week), she came on to see a cabal full of people she didn't recognize.

Soo. Combine the scales balancing out, or tipping towards outlander, with what I felt was a just plain flat character... and you end up with a severe lack of interest. Combine a severe lack of interest with a work schedule that gets busier near the end of the year (budgets have to get spent, doncha know?) and you get... autodelete!

Whee?

So. It's been a few months, so forgive me if I forget you. Post a reply, and I'll try to reply ;).

Tjok - Mad props to your 1337 skillz! Nah, seriously. Great character, great roleplay, strong leader. I really liked you. Ehlynn really liked you. And the two of us, generally alone, really put the hurting on people. It was fun. Sorry to bow out on you.

Djesoe - My lil inductee. Lysterion made it my choice, and I gave you thumbs up. Never regretted it. You were a great dark outlander. We had good times.

Krystia - Dunno what to say. I liked your character... but every time I was near you I started wincing before anything happened. Kinda saw you as a big, clumsy giant and expected to get stepped on ;).

Thornfoot - Ugh. You really irritated me :p

Bjai - You sonuvabitch. Awesome character, great roleplay. Had a lot of fun with you. You should not have deleted. You only get better by being slapped around.

Druszaal - Ow. I felt bad.
Gelcoa - Ow. I felt bad.
Lorgacin - Ow. I felt bad.
Fribby - Only let me catch you a couple times. Jerk.

Zukir - The only thing better than a good friend is a good enemy. You were one of the best. You also win top honors for first pkdeath (the handspec assist round at the Captain around level 25).

Verdelyeb - Boo. Didn't like you. You were REALLY whiney. Killed you bunches. Died to you once... though I still have no friggin clue how the hunt got into the overarea to oneround my condor.

Amaranthe - Sigh. I started with high hopes. The character just didn't quite fit me, and I stopped tracking to them. Dunno if you chose not to spend time on me (Were I you, I would have chosen exactly that), or if you were just busy/not around. It was a good thought, just didn't come to fruition. Boo.

Toodles.

Ehlynn the Reaper (aka Deathbitch)

33044, RE: Adios, goodbye, adieu, arrivederci, ta ta, toodles, ciao, seeya, this death bitch is out? (Hi neppy!)
Posted by Zukir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And you Reaper of perhaps 2 of my con. That one day you killed me three times in a row still haunts my dreams ;). (And no, it was not multikill, I went to fight HER, and just got crushed three times. YAR!!) Anyway, great druid, it was fun to have cabals wars against you. Enemies that talk to you are rare, and it sure was great. See you around!
33089, RE: Adios, goodbye, adieu, arrivederci, ta ta, toodles, ciao, seeya, this death bitch is out? (Hi neppy!)
Have a good one :)

Hope you're enjoying your next.
33043, Tzai jien, auf wiedersehen, Hasta la vista, Baby!
Posted by Tjok. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whelp, I wrote a goodbye note when your name came up on the board before, but assuming you never read it, I thought Ehlynn was an awesome character. The roleplay angle was great - it's something I'd like to mimic someday if I ever have the time. I didn't get the whole eerie-mystic-witch thing.. maybe because Ehlynn was more kickass than eerie, I dunno. I'm like you, though. Usually I have interesting RP angles that drive a character until I get caballed.. and then the grind of neverending raid-retrieval kicks in and blunts the whole role idea. Anyway, Ehlynn reminded me a lot of a B_T_P type character; sitting pretty at 40 for the wide open PK range, real aggressive, and great aggressive-oriented RP.

Was much fun, and good luck.
33088, RE: Tzai jien, auf wiedersehen, Hasta la vista, Baby!
Mmm. I went looking for my autodelete and didn't see it. Oops. Thanks for round two ;)

Shoot me an email. (fear_a_monkey@yahoo.com)

>Whelp, I wrote a goodbye note when your name came up on the
>board before, but assuming you never read it, I thought Ehlynn
>was an awesome character. The roleplay angle was great - it's
>something I'd like to mimic someday if I ever have the time.
>I didn't get the whole eerie-mystic-witch thing.. maybe
>because Ehlynn was more kickass than eerie, I dunno. I'm like
>you, though. Usually I have interesting RP angles that drive
>a character until I get caballed.. and then the grind of
>neverending raid-retrieval kicks in and blunts the whole role
>idea. Anyway, Ehlynn reminded me a lot of a B_T_P type
>character; sitting pretty at 40 for the wide open PK range,
>real aggressive, and great aggressive-oriented RP.
>
>Was much fun, and good luck.
33039, You were awesome
Posted by Djesoe. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really enjoyed playing with you. I think between you and me we could have been more annoying then cents with our little trick. Too bad we only got to do it once.. though, it was worth it because that was a pretty brutal kill (shaman in imperial lands).

Another mentionable is the time we were playing real late (late for me anyway) and just doing whatever. We were talking about raiding the spire and you said something like, "well, I'd raid more if it weren't for the ####ing guards." It was pretty funny because I wasn't expecting it. I guess you were just a hardcore, badmouthed, deathbitch.

Have fun working!
33040, RE: You were awesome
It was always a blast. I hope you're enjoying your next :)

Yeah, I slipped a few times. Especially late (for me, too). That's the sad thing about work... means a good mudding session has to come out of sleep-time. Always a blast with you.

Tootles.

-- Hardcore Deathbitch
33013, RE: Adios, goodbye, adieu, arrivederci, ta ta, toodles, ciao, seeya, this death bitch is out? (Hi neppy!)
Posted by Krystia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked Ehlynn and saw her "The Reaper has taken...." as an interesting concept. I really wish you'd have stayed around because you were a PK monster. If you'd have worked a little more on the creepy aspect, I think you'd have gotten the desired effect. I just thought Ehlynn was a serious stoic or something. I don't know how far back your CF memory serves, but there was a druid in the Sylvan that roleplayed a creepy witch. She gave me the shivers!

As far as being a big, clumsy giant, yep! But most of the time, I was a big, clumsy giant with a "I meant to do that" attitude (i.e. Accidently healing the creature you're fighting, communing faerie fire on allies). For the record, I didn't actually mean to do that, but it isn't wise to make the only cabal's healer mad. :P I hope you're still playing because I liked Ehlynn and would like to see more characters with you behind them.
33019, RE: Adios, goodbye, adieu, arrivederci, ta ta, toodles, ciao, seeya, this death bitch is out? (Hi neppy!)
>I really liked Ehlynn and saw her "The Reaper has taken...."
>as an interesting concept.

It just ended up being too shallow and gimmicky. It bugged me. Should've been the immediately visible creepy edge to deeply creepy pool of a character.

>I really wish you'd have stayed
>around because you were a PK monster.

I s'pose. Druids just don't fit me all that well in that regard either. It was fun for a while. When it stopped, so did I ;)

>If you'd have worked a
>little more on the creepy aspect, I think you'd have gotten
>the desired effect.

It's one of those things that just has to click early... and it didn't, but by the point I realized it didn't click I was already inducted and swept up in the middle of raiding, counter raiding, and Reaping by the score.

The role had several opens ends that could've been interesting. Sadly, they never went anywhere.

>I just thought Ehlynn was a serious stoic
>or something.

As weird as it may be, the character liked dying. She embraced the Reaper ;)

>I don't know how far back your CF memory serves,
>but there was a druid in the Sylvan that roleplayed a creepy
>witch. She gave me the shivers!

Hmm. I go far back, but very much off and on for many years. Who are you talking about?

>As far as being a big, clumsy giant, yep! But most of the
>time, I was a big, clumsy giant with a "I meant to do that"
>attitude (i.e. Accidently healing the creature you're
>fighting, communing faerie fire on allies). For the record, I
>didn't actually mean to do that, but it isn't wise to make the
>only cabal's healer mad. :P

I just keep remembering that royal cluster with lots of storm giants, called beasts, and everything tracking everyone. It seemed like everything that anyone did to help just kept making it worse and worse ;). I'm still not entirely sure how we managed to all survive, and keep all the beasts alive.

>I hope you're still playing
>because I liked Ehlynn and would like to see more characters
>with you behind them.

I haven't been playing since Ehlynn. I'm sure I'll be back eventually.
33012, Evil...EVIL!
Posted by Fribby on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Fribby - Only let me catch you a couple times. Jerk.

This would be because 1)Fireseeds hurts and 2)Thorns hurts. I really had no chance to survive so I made my time:P. So, fighting you one round...and fleeing...yep, that was pretty much it. it was a fun one round though! toodles...and no more druids for you!
33018, RE: Evil...EVIL!
Silly kitty.

I hope you're enjoying your next.

Yeah, no more druids for me. At least for a little while. I'm a bit burned out on them. Interesting class... though, honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about jacks of all trades. I tried to turn that versatility into power, and succeeded to an extent. Still. The class doesn't fit me all that well.

>>Fribby - Only let me catch you a couple times. Jerk.
>
>This would be because 1)Fireseeds hurts and 2)Thorns hurts. I
>really had no chance to survive so I made my time:P. So,
>fighting you one round...and fleeing...yep, that was pretty
>much it. it was a fun one round though! toodles...and no more
>druids for you!
32995, RE: Adios, goodbye, adieu, arrivederci, ta ta, toodles, ciao, seeya, this death bitch is out? (Hi neppy!)
Posted by wakeup_deadman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
<i>Lorgacin - Ow. I felt bad.</i>

You ought to. I still to this day think that is the most surprising death I have come across. See druid on eastern, run to druid, attempt impale...eat an ERADICATE from thorns, die in two rounds. I just sat there at me keyboard and stared at the screen with my jaw open. I think in all you got me three times though. Once there, once with the hunt and not sure about the other. Trust me though, when I saw you were around my wilderness time became real scarce.
33002, RE: Lorgacin (Amaranthe.. might want to read this one)
Sigh. Well. That was supposed to be the point. Ehlynn's beliefs revolved around the natural cycle. No beginnings, no endings. Birth/death simply marking a revolution. She felt that (many) things had interrupted the cycle of the world, and that she was bound to keep it turning as it should.

Supposed to be a very spooky death priestess, somewhat nebulously tied to the Crone aspect of Amaranthe. More directly tied to her "Reaper" -- death himself. Weirdly haunted by images of the Hanged Man (yeah, that never went anywhere either).

To an extent it bugs me that all you remember was the helplessness and the deaths. I never intended her to be as mechanical as she ended up being... and even the little interaction I had with most enemies - you included - was too little and too forced.

You were a good sport, and a lot more gutsy than most imperials of your time. Not kidding when I say I felt bad... I always feel bad shredding good characters doing what they should. I hope you're enjoying your next... and I'm sorry about Ehlynn.

Cheers.

-- Deathbitch

><i>Lorgacin - Ow. I felt bad.</i>
>
>You ought to. I still to this day think that is the most
>surprising death I have come across. See druid on eastern,
>run to druid, attempt impale...eat an ERADICATE from thorns,
>die in two rounds. I just sat there at me keyboard and stared
>at the screen with my jaw open. I think in all you got me
>three times though. Once there, once with the hunt and not
>sure about the other. Trust me though, when I saw you were
>around my wilderness time became real scarce.
>