Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kalthero the Master of Shapeshifting
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=32909
32909, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kalthero the Master of Shapeshifting
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Nov 30 04:08:21 2004

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Kalthero perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:44
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:91
32972, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kalthero the Master of Shapeshifting
Posted by Tiriundrun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
*sigh* I tried to talk you out of it
As my mongoose there were times I wish I had bite
though mongoose hits a lot harder then lemur. We could
have really used a nice defensive form as well.
(yes i know i'm a druid) but we're slightly druid heavy.
But this is my first char in like 6 months took
a hiatus. And something else does anyone else never
have time to do everything they need to??? See you
in the fields though come back to the Refuge!
32914, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kalthero the Master of Shapeshifting
Posted by Kalthero on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well part of the intention of the char was to play as independant as possible. Part of that was ruined sadly.. The reason for deletion was that getting a form that does not fit the way I intended to play the char did not match at all. As someone said so very deftly, now you can annoy the hell out of all the tribunals. And annoy is what the lemure does. It does not pose any threat, nor is it able to be self sufficient. Not dodging spells from mobs makes it horrible. Its like playing a bard where when you dont see me and cold be sleep dont work on creatures. only pc's...

To all the outlanders, Im sorry. I love most of your rp's, there is no other cabal like it, not since I played entropy atleast. cudos to all the mortals and imms that have made it into what it is.

Ive played about 8 or 9 shifters all heroed. And a few to the thirties. And well I still belive its a class that needs improving. A shifter gets tooled way to easily. You cant fight a necromancer, ap or shaman, all they have to do is blind and energy drain you. And the forms, any forms saves are easily overcome even with a ton of preps. And Ive attempted this in many forms. Even the most resistant def forms. Against a warrior they will run at first, and just wear you down ever so slowly. Its almost funny.. But I still love the class because its ability to get into many situations and adapt. But a killer your not going to be not even with an off air combo. Not anymore atleast.

A change I would like to see is that in your major Major foci form you would "grow" or improve if you like and get more skills than others that have it as their minor focus. And that you could from the beginning chose a foci within that major foci.
Something like this:
shapefocus major defense skin/regeneration/agility
Now choosing lets say skin, would allow you to get ither the porcupine or the armadillo
Choosing the regeneration would allow you anaconda, crocodile or the snake, and agility would allow you to learn the mongoose or the lemure. By doing this you would have alot more to say in your way of playing the shapeshifter and still keep it at its current level.

Well thats my few thoughts.. onto a new project and school...
Beast had his final roar...
LH
32910, Sigh, I'm going to miss you.
Posted by Viviarong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had mutch fun with you during the life or my character.

I must say, defence shifter + druid give a good combo... Easy to find a group, you just need a damage dealer and you can kill a lot of different stuff.

I loved your roleplay, I never knew what was going to happen next.

I hope youll come back stronger in the future though. Why did you delete I was looking forward to do lots of things with you... And I have something planned where I was hoping to incoorporate you... Well plan has to change heh..

Guess well meet again in one form or another. Good luck with whatever youre up to now :D