Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vynmylak Makali, Seneschal of the Azure Fields
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=32750
32750, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vynmylak Makali, Seneschal of the Azure Fields
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Nov 18 16:28:41 2004

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Vynmylak perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:55
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:416
32761, curse of the Maran strikes again...
Posted by shokai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I don't think I can put it into words how much you helped with Fortress and keeping it alive. Even as you were losing the fire...I always looked forward to seeing you around and for the first time in quite some time, I really felt like I was a co-imm of a cabal. I'd ramble on and on about everything you contributed...but I think everyone knows it already, since I know every Fortress member who has played within the past two years was more than greatful for the immteraction you gave them. Thanks for everything chief, you'll be missed.
32753, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vynmylak Makali, Seneschal of the Azure Fields
Posted by Vynmylak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not going to make this a big long issue. Just don't have the drive nor the energy to keep up Vyn anymore -- the fire went out a while ago and tried to get it going but just didn't. I've told many folks before, when it quits being fun, it's time to get out.

Team Golden Aura: Thanks for everything. You know who you are and I've always enjoyed the time with you folks.

As far as threads that are sure to come about dissention in Immortaland, who's to say. People change. Roles change. Sometimes the dynamics change. What hasn't changed is that the people who are driven make things happen, and those that aren't... don't. I wasn't making things happen any longer (truthfully, for a long time), and just didn't make sense to stay up there.

To the folks that I've had interactions with, it was fun. Have fun!

thx, Vyn
32754, That's a pity.
Posted by DarmokGraatch on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the fun and good luck in your future endeavors.

-Mark
32755, Well that sucks.
Posted by Istirith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never pked well enough to make an honor paladin.. i had a few abysmal attempts when i was newer to the game.

Thanks for the various lowbie immteractions.

Take care of yourself whatever you do.
32756, The last thing you said...
Posted by Shazirah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... before you deleted? I completely agree, whether you were joking or not (I wasn't quite sure). I think a lot of people do. And now we're severely lacking goodie-friendly immstaff. Blarg. Oh well, here's to you and having the balls to quit (again :p).

Shaz!

If we were their condemnations,
If we were their projections,
If we were our paranoias,
I'd be joining you.

-Alanis Morissette, Joining You
32757, RE: The last thing you said...
Posted by Graatchman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll pay a hundred bucks to hear what that last thing was.... :)
32758, Damn man
Posted by ordasen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always enjoyed talking to you and discussing things going on in Maran. And damn do I know what you are talking about and totaly agree and have been fighting the feeling myself. That aura of fun is thin, but I'm trying right now to play for the mortals and bring some of the fun I use to have to them. If it works, great...if not ah well. We will see.

Good luck man in your future
Ord
32759, I can only Echo what many will say, You made a differan...
Posted by Cassman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...in my playing fun.

Being around, actually interacting with your Mortals, and just knowing that you cared for your followers.

Huge thanks.

As an aside, what happens to Tat'ed followers (or just Empowerees) when an Imm deletes. I would presume nothing, just curious if there are specifics.

-Cassman-
32760, Awwww, now what am I gonna do. Found your temple after 4 years...
Posted by No one special on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And now you go poof. Oh well. Good luck to you.
32763, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vynmylak Makali, Seneschal of the Azure Fields
Posted by Liurnya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Loved the few moments I got to spend with you with Liurnya, and I liked the fact you concentrated more on the positive aspects of characters than the negative etc... I should post the interaction where you were deathblowing an invoker mob and then made steaks so I wouldn't die of starvation. I really enjoyed that. I interacted with you for a moment with my current character actually. Anyway, good luck with everytthing in your life.
Dindon
32767, ####.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were my second favorite imm to follow, overshadowed only by Loki in the first age. I never knew when you were watching or not, but goddamn you always seemed to know what I had been up to, even without me telling you.

I remember you as a mortal. You were one of the leaders of the Dawn, and I was Rasendedum. Derexal was forever saying to me "Rasen, I don't think Vyn has seen your cookie. Why not go show it to him?". You bore it well, and even returned the favor or sicced me on unsuspecting lowbies sometimes. God those days were fun.

Then you imm'd and got even cooler.

I once said you and Shokai were like the mom and dad of the Fortress. Unfortunately for him, he's mom (Get back in the kitchen and make Poppa-Vynnie some pot pie!). He was always kinder, a little less hard-edged and tempermental than you were. You always instilled this feeling like you were the cool dad on the block, who would get drunk and punch out some other kids dad when you got pissy. You always pushed me to push myself. I'd log in and if I wasn't chasing off after the Codex and Scepter within like 60 seconds, you wanted to know why.

Always an inspiration.
32770, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vynmylak Makali, Seneschal of the Azure Fields
Posted by Debomskya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The last of our threesome is gone...Calradian, Derexal, and Now Vynmylak. I hope you arent quitting the game for good. I still lurk around, trying to find my feet again.

Ill miss the character, but also the character behing the character.

Debo...aka Cal
32772, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vynmylak Makali, Seneschal of the Azure Fields
Posted by Charlie Sheen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow...I really don't know what to say other than just to echo what everyone else seems to have written by saying how much you'll be missed. I haven't played in what seems like forever and this is not what I expected to see in my "check up to see what's going on in the world of CF." I knew you were a solid player even back in the days when I was playing Pohanad. Good luck in whatever life brings you man, you really are a stand up guy.

Ryan.
32773, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vynmylak Makali, Seneschal of the Azure Fields
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey chief,

I remember talking to you around the time of your first deletion, and I'm glad you gave it another go. I know you have a lot on your plate with family and your job situation, and I was happy you stuck with it as long as you did.

If things change and you get the ol' fire back, you know what to do. :)

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
32775, Son of a bitch.
Posted by Faotaebul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
CF is losing all my favorite imms!!!

I remember when you first got level 53 you would follow Faelmort around and tell me "good job" everytime I killed an evil. I made Faotaebul to be your follower because I really wanted to interact with you. I was proud as punch (yea I'm retarded for saying that) that you made me your first and only "priest of the Clarion." What good interactions between you and Fao! One of my most favorite Jaegrudai memories is when you called me into your shrine (I was sleeping outside) and made me a full Maran. Man, you were great! CF, and especially the Fortress has truly lost a gem.

I have to admit, I'm discouraged. First Velkurah, then Thror, then Vynmylak deletes. If Shokai goes, I'm seriously going to cry.

I think CF is losing its luster to its first generation, myself included. But I am glad to see a new generation of CFers mucking about in the realms. Good luck in all your endeavors, and God bless you and yours.

32778, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Vynmylak Makali, Seneschal of the Azure Fields
Posted by Thorny on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks so much for all the fun. You were fantastic, and I'm greatful for what you contributed.

Thornheart
Nimuweh
32752, Eeeek, my favorite diety. Ouch.
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for all the interactions over the last couple
of years or so. This is.. quite a blow.
*sniffle*
32751, Yep. No trouble at all in the CF Imm-world. None. nt
Posted by Carth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
*smirk*