Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Lornael the Druid of the New Moon, Disciple of the Harvest Moon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=32631
32631, (AUTO) [OUTLANDER] Lornael the Druid of the New Moon, Disciple of the Harvest Moon
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Nov 13 10:02:27 2004

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Lornael perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:38
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:118
32633, Toots
Posted by Lornael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So it's been a month already... or perhaps I should say it's gone a month since I lost the spunk to play Lornael. I personally feel it's a shame I let him auto like this but at the time when I decided to put him to rest for good it had already passed two weeks or so. Lornael was a great learning experience if nothing else, I liked the druid-class immensely and being a wood-elf didn't make it any worse, on the contrary. I don't claim to be a druid-master but I think I got a decent grasp on their capabilities and what to do and what to definitely not to do.

During the course of Lornael's life there arose a potential conflict between the Outlanders that he had joined and his Goddess but now I'll never know how it would've developed.
As for Outlander, I found I enjoyed the life in the Refuge a lot and being a druid took away nearly all the special limitations the cabal imposes on a character which might be part of why I never felt any frustration with that part of the cabal.

Oh well, on to the few farewells I have.

Immortals:

Amaranthe - Thanks for giving me a shot, it took me a while to catch you and I hope I at least got something right along the way. I suspect it was you who gave me some nudges along the way as An Immortal but there I'm only speculating. Any feedback would be appreciated so I might be better prepared an eventual next time!

Outlander:

Tjok - Keep trucking, you're doing a good job from what I could see and thanks for letting me be a part of the cabal. You seemed a bit hesitant when you finally inducted me, so I can only hope I dispelled any such thing later on.

Krystia - You saw to that I couldn't sit still for long, something I came to appreciate towards the end when I was starting to lose interest in pursuing the char.

Various orcs:
It was fun fighting you all over the path from Ruined City to the orc village down to the Osendrelle fields.

If anyone else has something to chime in with, please do and I'll try to respond. I'll be back in some guise some time, we'll see when and how. See you all in the fields, tata.

Lornael
32708, RE: Toots
Posted by Krystia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Lornael. It seemed like you were the ONLY wood-elf druid for a good while, not just in Outlanders. I'm glad I inspired you some to be able to continually push for new things. Good luck with your next, if you're still playing.