Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [HERALD] Kohl Daradulik the Grand Master of Changelings, Cast from the Light
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=32021
32021, (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Kohl Daradulik the Grand Master of Changelings, Cast from the Light
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Oct 14 00:15:24 2004

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Kohl perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:398
32121, Liked what I saw
Posted by Etalia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
However, sometimes I just had to shake my head at the amount of times you accepted to duel ragers. Other then those suicidal attempts like that, I really liked the character as a whole. Thanks for the tea.
32137, RE: Liked what I saw
Posted by Kohl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wish I could say stop by and I'll get you some more but for now due to certain circumstances I can't. ;)
32120, Aww man!
Posted by Urjun the Elf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I dont know what to say! I didnt get to interact with you as much as I would liked. Urjun like Kohl, even from an early age. I was surprised when you got cast from the light. Anyhow, good luck with your next character, give it a blast!
Be good man.
32138, RE: Aww man!
Thanks, not much left to say except give the Empire hell. Of course don't lose sight of your goal in doing so but I shouldn't need to tell you since you are where you are right now. ;)
32055, RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Kohl Daradulik the Grand Master...
Posted by Raja on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You just had to go die when I wasn't around. I had a great time with you. Kohl will be missed greatly. See ya around.
32057, RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Kohl Daradulik the Grand Master...
Couldn't be helped you knew the nature of Kohl and how he couldn't resist fighting even if he knew the balance was tipped the other way. But yes it was very fun interacting with you, see ya around.
32058, Naked Brawls!!
Posted by EmeraldLady on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
WHAT?! Dammit... Who am I gonna kick out of the Inn now, or fight with, or pick on in general, or get into trouble with! Well, can't say I didn't know this was going to happen, just a bit sad to see it happen so soon. Loved the character, and the RP between Aira and Kohl. I laughed atleast three times when they RPed together. Good luck with the next;-)
32060, RE: Naked Brawls!!
Glad I was able to make it so fun, liked Aira, good luck living out the rest of her life. See ya in the fields, doubt it but hopefully. ;)
32062, RE: Naked Brawls!!
Posted by EmeraldLady on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hope you'll see me again? HAH! I will always be around.... which isn't good for the Immortals because I probably drive them crazy with my laziness and poor RP. BUT, yes, you will see me around. Throw an e-mail my way someday if you'd like, whispered_sins@hotmail.com

Once again, good job:-)
32067, RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Kohl Daradulik the Grand Master...
Posted by Raja on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If could have been helped if you weren't so stubborn. I tried to tell you to be more careful but you wouldn't listen to me. We'll meet again someday.
32079, RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Kohl Daradulik the Grand Master...
Of course, where would the fun be if we never meet again.
32039, Until we meet again
To be honest I knew it was coming, just didn't know when or from who. This is the first char I have ever heroed with, all the others I have either deleted or they died before I could get them there. Hopefully Kohl is just the first of many Heros that will be coming from me.

I wasn't too sure on which way to go with Kohl, I was pondering the idea of trying to go pure evil for a long time but I just don't think I had it in me to do that to him. I must say that I am pleased with the results though, glad I stuck it out through hard times when I thought I would never reach Hero. Now for the goodbyes, or what I like to call until we meet again, because there are really never any goodbyes.

Heralds
Since I don't have the time nor the space to list each and every one of you I will just address as such. Thanks for everything, made the hard times for Kohl go by easier, first time I have tried applying for the Heralds and I'm very glad I did. Maybe I'll do it again sometime, not soon, but some time. Anyway, there aren't enough words to tell you all how great you made the game.

Imms
Once again from another person, you make the game great, a little harsh sometimes, heh, but that's what makes the fun I suppose.

Lady Eshval
Ah good Lady, I sincerely hope you had enough steaks from all my corpses for a grand feast, heh. Good interacting with you, liked you very much, from behind the keyboard and in character. See you in the fields, hopefully. :)

Now as I have taken up much space I will leave you now, I know I left out a bunch of people to thank and everything but if you will post I will reply when and as soon as I can.

Closest char I ever got to Hero, Zalachi 43rd rank, and others that I won't mention, mainly because I can't remember their names, roll the die and find your fate, good luck all.
32044, Liked hanging with you
Posted by Desmonn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

For a long time I thought you despised or mistrusted me.

You probably did...and you should have. Heh

But I spent a lot of time in the Inn, hanging with you and
Raja and all the gang. I've gotten over the Hero Hump now
and I'll tell you once you Hero one. They all get so much
easier.

I've gotten to the point to where as long as I like the role
of a new char. Theres no stopping me from Hero'ing.

I really never thought I'd Hero Desmonn...but I got lucky. And I met
a nice healer too, which didnt hurt. *wink*

Anyways, come by the Inn. I'll be around. But don't act like I know you. Cuz I wont!

hah

32049, RE: Liked hanging with you
Of course where would be the fun if I knew you, would be pointless.
32046, RE: Until we meet again
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You, like most of the Heralds, give me plenty of steaks and corpses to work with...It tends to keep he happy when I have so much raw material available.

Eshval
32048, RE: Until we meet again
Glad I was able to keep you happy ;)
Certainly didn't want to be on your bad side.
32047, Hated you
Posted by Domino on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
.. Period. But then again, I hate all Heralds. The Eternal Star is like one big CF chatroom where everybody has to act 15 years younger than they actually are. It's stupid to me. Every time I go there I the player actually get mad at the idiocy that runs rampant there. And of course, you were no exception. The one time I actually do get a half decent interaction going you kick me out because I PKed you, somewhere far far away. Another "reason entropy was purged" character down. So many more to go...
32050, RE: Hated you
Well when I did that my character was still young and foolish, sorry to say I don't remember that exactly. Glad you remembered though, good luck in whatever you do or are doing.
32059, RE: Hated you
Posted by Fungor. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"The Eternal Star is like one big CF chatroom where everybody has to act 15 years younger than they actually are."

Wrong. You may RP in the Inn as you normally would. And idiocy.. learn to live with it(I'm not sure what you're talking about though).

Fungor
32070, Oh noes! Do the heralds get all the shiney titles and immteraction that YOU deserve instead!?!? nt
Posted by LazyDrekten on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sfd
32080, No. nt
Dumbass
32066, Thank you for the blatant stereotyping.
Posted by Shazirah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I look forward to never, ever having to deal with you in my cabal.

LOL OMG!!!!!!1111

XOXOXO

Shaz!
32077, RE: Thank you for the blatant stereotyping.
Not a problem ;)
32082, What's with this deletion thing?
She can take a direct shot at me but I can't take a shot back? Ah well... sometimes the grass just aint greener
32083, RE: What's with this deletion thing?
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had I seen it before all the replies, your original post would be gone.

Add it to your list of warnings. I recommend toning down your posts post haste. I'm getting tired of dealing with you.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
32088, What I never quite understood...
Posted by Praline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...is why you (and everyone else) who whines about Heralds feels so damn oppressed because the game
caters also for this kind of players?

Don't like Heralds? Fine, stay the hell out of the Inn. Kill them if you can (not that it should be
so hard, speaks volumes about you if you can't) but don't come out on forums whining and crying how
they suck and ruin the game for you and then how they DARE to hold a grudge against you when you
bashed them down in the Forest of Nowhere. I mean, seriously, they're supposed to just sit there
and die because they're the inferior kind of players, right?!?!

Or maybe you should just get the hell out of CF if you can't take it.

Whatever.

-- E. Praline
32089, This is what I'm talking about. You're thinking too damn hard
I'll break it down real simplelike.

1) I don't feel opressed. If the came caters to blatant idiocy, then I'll just kill those catered to
2) In certain situations the *location* of the inn can be useful. As well, prey can be found. Why stay out?
3) I do kill them
4) They don't ruin the game for me. The majority of them are just annoying as all hell
5) Yes... if I kill you in Forest of Nowhere I don't expect to be kicked out the inn. It's like killing a Trib in the same spot. I don't expect to get WANTED.
6) If they're inferior players they should die
7) I can take it, and give it. I do more giving. You are probably one of those I give a lot more to than others

Next time you feel like "whatever", don't bother posting
32090, Whereas you are not thinking
Posted by Praline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
1) Then why do you still whine about it?
2) So go in, but stop whining.
3) Good for you.
4) So shut up about it and go kill them.
5) Except Heralds don't have anything like Tribby laws... they could, you know, be roleplaying and not like the fact that you murdered them?
6) And if they don't die, clearly they're not inferior.
7) So because I happen to find your complaining off-base and pointless, I must be a loser who was destroyed by your no doubt immense pk prowess? Sorry, but no. Unless you were a level 15 fire giant vs. a level 15 assassin or a big imperial gang, then you haven't killed me in the last year. Neither of which would be great accomplishments, you know.

And I see your "Next time you feel like "whatever", don't bother posting", and raise you a "Don't bother posting at all."

Have a nice day!
32124, LIsten...
If you can't beat a level 15 fire giant with the same level assassin, then my point has already been proven. Go away
32112, Whoa
You just need to calm down man, it's only a game, I mean what's the point in playing if there isn't any fun? You gotta loosen up a little
32123, No more posts like this, please
Just because something pisses me off doesn't mean I need to "loosen up" or that I'm "not having fun". It means I don't like it. If I'm playing a video game and there's a aspect of the game I think the coders ####ed up (case in point, a while back, resident evil for dreamcast and its controls), I don't throw the system out the damn second floor window. I work around it. That's what I've been doing. Of course, like the controls, you have to deal with it at some point, and so there's always that tinge of annoyance.

Just because I'm not mr. huggy bear doesn't mean I aint havin fun. It just means I don't comeo n these boards trying to put up some front like I'm a big purple dinosaur that sings children's songs
32114, So..
Posted by Rom on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

1) I don't feel opressed. If the came caters to blatant idiocy, then I'll just kill those catered to
3) I do kill them
6) If they're inferior players they should die
7) I can take it, and give it. I do more giving. You are probably one of those I give a lot more to than others

Are you the new bad boy of CF? Lighten up, dude ;)

Though I agree with you about the lameness of some heralds, mostly due to logs like these:

http://www.qhcf.net/cforum/logs/vpost.pl?41120
32122, LoL Good one. Two points nt
Made me laugh
32131, The quintessential Internet Tough Guy post.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My favorite quote:"If they're inferior players they should die". Inferior by whose judgement? A lot of people seemed to have fun around Kohl, going by the posts.

Between this and the paladin posts, I think the ITG contingent just gets annoyed when their opponents don't charge naked at them to die. Of course Kohl is at the Inn a lot. He's a Herald. That's what they do.

If Kohl (and others) have fun with other aspects of the game, why do you care? Why do you feel a need to write seven self-aggrandizing posts in this one thread (plus the deleted ones)? Do you think Team Herald really worries about how much better you think you are?

Didn't you play Ocelevan? Should I spell out the parallels between the "Gapverdi family" and the Heralds? They're pretty baffling in
light of your recent comments.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
32132, RE: The quintessential Internet Tough Guy post.
Man. You guys either type with an eyepatch or you just really don't like me. One of which is funny, the other which is just dumb. You figure that one up. Guess I'll take a shot as this...

One... tough guy. I'm not a happy "I love you" kind of guy here, on the streets, in the club, at my house, or anywhere else you could possibly name. It's not about being a tough guy as much as it is most of you being too damn huggy for your own good, and not understand that not everybody has the urge to want to be nice all the damn time when it isn't necessary. Which seems more suspect to you.. someone who frowns all the time or someone who smiles all the time? Let's be real...

My seven agenda was in response to whoever the hell Praile is, who felt the need to stick his nose into a post which didn't concern him. As I said before, if it hit home, then why even bother to argue? Just accept the fact I don't like it (which is my opinion. Let me have my own ####in opinion. gotdamn!).

I never said anything about the amount of time Kohl was at the inn, so what is the point of you even bringing that up. Note - the eyepatch.

The inferior thing... who cares. One, it was in response to the other guy's post (note: eyepatch), and two, someone can be inferior from one person's/characters opinion to the next. Point is who really ####in cares because people are gonna PK whoever the hell they want anyway.

If team Herald doesn't care, they should continue to do what they do, just as I have been doing.

Yes, I played Ocelevan, and was part of the Gapverdi family (the hell happened to Moligant anyway?). Even as Ocelevan there were times I killed heralds within the inn for either A) fogging me, B) being in conflict with one of my beliefs, C) kicking me out or NOT kicking someone else out in (in)appropriate situations, and of course D) for generally being a blatant imbecile. Mossi can attest.
32134, Maybe it's both!
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Who says someone can't wear an eyepatch AND dislike you! So says Straklaw the Orcish Pirate, who dislikes all! (Except his crew of gnomish pirates. They're just too humerous to dislike)
32136, Monopoly is illegal nt
32141, Huge case of "It's not me It's you". You're never wrong, are you? (nt)
Posted by Amused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
32143, Thinking too hard
Get a life and stop trying to analize me
32144, RE: Thinking too hard
Posted by Kamuela_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Get a life and stop trying to analize me

Analize. nice.

Instead of handing out warnings to people like this, we could instead give them their own forum in which to beat their chests at eachother, and get a good show out of it.
32149, I second that idea. n/t
Posted by Istirith on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
32153, Thank you whoever deleted my post, I was out of line (nt)
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
dotdotdot
32179, How can you compare the two posts?
Posted by DC on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd hardly group the two in the same ballpark. This guy is obviously a troll with a bad attitude whereas we just think that paladins should be held to a very high standard. The point is I'm supposing paladins are not considered as being held to a high standard by the Imms and have thus learned that and will bear that in mind in the future. Its apples and oranges.

You should bear in mind that the basic difference between is that if Rouch was anything besides a paladin, no one would have said anything (or at least, I wouldn't).

Paladin != every other class.
32118, Long over due.
Posted by Asty on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Looks like it's time for me to mix my rp with pk and role a herald so I have blatent newbie sticker on my back so I can do some killing. :)
32053, great job sticking out, good luck on next (n/t)
Posted by a fan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
ss
32054, I told you so.
Posted by Fungor. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And you went and died. I am not surprised, since Kohl seemed to be very good at dying. I would have wanted to see the owl and RP the I told you so-part with you(others told me about the owl). Had you gained some other form, such as vulture(carrion owl) or golden eagle (eagle owl), it would still have been 'I told you so.'. I had many good conversations with Kohl, too bad that you are gone, but we all knew that you wouldn't last very long. Kohl was like a son to Fungor and it was one of my little missions to help you rank to Hero before you con-die.

If you are surprised, revert and word home. Watch your surroundings often, it pays off to be paranoid in the fields. Good luck with your next.

Fungor

PS. Drop the 'xp-mushrooms'. It's better to express tnl-xp as an amount of monsters you have to kill (and to round it to nearest hundred and give a rough estimate, a character can't really know the xp-points, but it is more plausible that he could know how many monsters he will have to vanquish)

PPS. Your RP was otherwise good, I'll miss our conversations when I play with Fungor.
32056, RE: I told you so.
I figured as much, I did go off and die true, went down fighting though, in a way. He did get the owl afterall so it was just a matter of time before he saw Fungor awake. But oh well, thanks for everything, glad you enjoyed being with him as I did being him.
See you in the fields
32102, RE: Until we meet again
Posted by Jaded Ranger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just want to chime in and say that Hytelia really liked Kohl. I as a player have a soft spot for people who keep trying and stick it out. Hytelia hated that you died so much, but loved that you never gave up. We had some good times, unfortunately, not enough. I always wanted to get to know Kohl a bit better than I did, and then Kohl would be in form flying around, then dead again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I think that now that you've heroed, you'll be fine getting there again, and start to figure out how things work at the hero levela bit better.

Best of luck, guy.
-JR
<aim:jadedrangercf>
32111, RE: Until we meet again
Yea from what I could tell from Hytelia Kohl liked her as well, and yea kept dying and stuff but you know. And hopefully I can say the same for the other characters I'll be working on soon.
32129, RE: Until we meet again
Posted by Martoonie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked what I saw. Too bad our interactions ceased for a while, but in the end Kohl was a good friend/ally to have around. You REALLY need to get out and explore. INNteraction is great, but there is a far bigger/better world out here. Luck with your next, my friend.

Martoonie
32139, RE: Until we meet again
Yea, I started exploring a lot more near the end, big reason why I died so many times. Oh well, not much I can do now except roll again and see what awaits.
32140, RE: Until we meet again
Posted by Qaledus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh. I was wondering if you could stay alive long enough for me to
put something together for you, but wasn't going to rush because,
well, "souls is tricky work" as it were.

I'm glad you enjoyed your first Hero. Kohl's life was anything but
dull in the living, and that's good thing for any character.

See you in the Fields.
Qaledus
32175, RE: Until we meet again
Yea, I'd figure I wasn't going to be able to stay alive long enough. But thanks anyway, and no wasn't dull, at least not a lot anyway. See ya
32033, RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Kohl Daradulik the Grand Master of Changelings, Cast from the Light
Posted by Liurnya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really liked Kohl. You always got right back up after you died,, and were willing to fight, even if it meant death. Good spirit and I had fun interacting with you. Good luck with your next.
32036, RE: (CON LOSS) [HERALD] Kohl Daradulik the Grand Master of Changelings, Cast from the Light
Thank you, I was going for a char that tried to be a warrior when he wasn't, not sure on how long that would last when I first started. To be honest I'm surprised that I lived this long. See you in the fields.
32030, Awww.
Posted by Dremkal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
:) From behind the keyboard I liked Kohl.

Ummm more when I'm dead. :)
32037, RE: Awww.
Just from behind the keyboard eh? ;)
Don't worry I have time to wait for your death. :)
32042, Well now, you were a wizard after all :) -nt
nt
32045, RE: Well now, you were a wizard after all :) -nt
Come now, I was a mage, didn't we have that discussion already?
32097, Bah! :)
reply Okay fine, you win.
murder MAGE!
rofl
For a moment that was just like being in the game.
32176, RE: Bah! :)
Just for a moment ;)
32023, Sorry to see him go
Posted by Nubley on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He was a great character. We had a lot of great times together, and then it all ended with me taking his last life. Well played out character. Even did well with the whole casted from light thing. You have saved Nubley more than once. Can't wait to interact with your next character. The Inn is getting lonely and lonely, lots of Heralds going. Roll again soon.
32038, RE: Sorry to see him go
Yes, I'm glad you liked the char. The Inn will get full soon enough, don't worry, just don't be surprised if Fungor and Miaree are next is all. Also I have already rolled, just can't stay away, want to know about my next char so we can interact just in case Nubley goes before this one gets out there then e-mail me (war_eagle58@hotmail.com)

And the wheel turns again. :)
32191, Hey Kohl
Posted by Damstes on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey man, ya im sorry to see you go to, but hey you had a great char there, i thought our interactions were really fun... like the times hide and youd try to cover me in the purple dust.. hehe ahh the life, ya im glad i at least got to talk with you on the last stretch of your life. i think im still far away from becomming a herald to, i dont know heh i guess i just am.. well be well my friend, and hopefully we shall have other chars that interact
32226, RE: Hey Kohl
Hopefully, I'm sure we will, was fun I must say interacting. But ya never know, keep trying. You'll get in sometime, anyway let the die roll where it may and follow your fate. See ya in the fields! ;)