Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [SCION] Aytak Blightwing the Weaver of the Elements, Defender of the Night
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=31554
31554, (AGE DEATH) [SCION] Aytak Blightwing the Weaver of the Elements, Defender of the Night
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Oct 3 15:51:50 2004

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Aytak perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:607
31699, Nice one.
Posted by Els on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I read it somewhere out there already, but I'll repeat it. Aytak was a friendly scion, if such thing exists (not at all like Dullameh, that is). He would always be in for a talk, and offer suggestions or well-done's or whatever, and never full loot; although that might have something to do with your inv being full of those barrier wands. The little times we fought one on one, I believe you didn't even bother with wands, and still you won (then again, 2 attacks per round and the most important damage song undone by shields, I'd probably do the same). You know your trade, gang or not gang, and it was a pleasure to interact with you. Well done indeed.

Elstratuviel
31701, RE: Nice one.
Posted by Aytak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Elstratuviel was fun to fight, primarily because you were dogged and I knew that if we held the orb and you logged on you'd be coming for it. Had some interesting tussles and I think an equal record. You got me once with fiend and I got you once in the mountains outside of the frigid wastes. You're right about the looting thing, though I only full looted imperials and fortress members because they did the same to me. In your case I wouldn't have full looted just because I doubt you'd have done it to me. Have fun and thanks for the fights.
Aytak
31656, Hrmm
Posted by Kohl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a shame that we only got to know each other if only a little at the very end, I'm sad to see you go. From what I saw you were an alright person, glad you took it as far as you did. Hope I'll be able to say the same for Kohl when he dies.
31556, Where to begin...

I'd figured I was going to age die long ago and had pre-written my farewell stuff so that I could just do a quick cut and paste here. That being said alot happened near the end of Aytak's life that makes what I'd written obsolete. So... while I'm sure like most, I'll forget some people; I'll make an attempt at writing this on the fly. To those whom I forget, I'm bad with names and it's no tpersonal. 600+ hours is a long time, so forgive me if I slip up and leave you out.

Scion - I primarily play(ed) villagers and sylvin when it was around. As each I hated Scion and generally when I findally died, usually again to age or deletion; I'd voice my misgivings about their powers on my death thread. Taking the advice, which was sound; of Valg I decided to play a Scion before I complained about their powers. My view has changed.
Corilanth - It's too bad man, I missed you being around. You were a good traveling companion and you weren't a coward when you became. Though the fortress was strong at the time as were most of our foes you didn't hide and only log on when there were two or three more Scion about. Kudos for not being a coward and thanks for the fun.
Vezran - Initially Aytak liked you, then there was that time defending when I drove off three enemies three seperate tims in short succession and you stayed flat only a step away the whole time. He didn't like you after that until much later in his life. You need to log on more or else our times just didn't criss-cross. Had you ever ordered Aytak to give you something he wore he'd have just attacked you. Primarily because he felt that he'd been truer to the Chasm than you. All of that being said, I like your character and you need to be around, there's lots in the works and you should seize the moment or let it go.
Dreaa - Thought it would be very useful to have you in the Chasm when you first entered. Gradually you became too holier than thou for Aytak's tastes. He'd aid you if he was bored or there was something in it for him, but otherwise didn't wish to travel with you. Towards the end you became better and he disliked you less. You're around alot and in that sense you're really in a better position to be inducting than Vezran is presently. Good luck with the Chasm and keep playing a wicked drow how they're supposed to be played. Oh, that time when you threatened Aytak about using the word lackey again in reference to you, you were close to having him attack you. ;) But that was when he viewed you as all mouth and nothing to back it up.
Muuloc - Aytak liked you. You're a good fighter and I like the character. Stick it out, I think you'll go far and it's a shame I won't be around to help keep you in Jumnarl's axes and shielded for more killing.
Taidyn - Keep killing them. All of them, don't stop! heh Good luck.
Yakrov - Wished out times had overlapped more. Was fun running around with you. Be around more often if it's not just that our times didn't overlap.
Kuraich - I knew you were going to delete. From your responses on the forums and in game, you need to lighten up. In game it was ok because you're playing a dark-elf who is supposed to be a semi-ahole. On the boards you're showing the same attitude however and that gives me the impression that you're not as good a roleplayer as I thought. It's just your personality coming out in game. Relax and sit at the adult table, the conversations are more interesting. Good luck on the next and you were a good assassin. Too bad you deleted.
Sargataneos - (spellcheck) Your influence in the cabal almost made me decide I didn't want to play a Scion. Valg's advice to you was very good. When you manage to alienate everyone in your own cabal to the point that there are multiple conspiracies to kill you, you're probably not serving your own best interests.
Trotat - You ended up on Aytak's s***list early. Because in his eyes it was he and Corilanth who were always around and getting stuff done. Yet you had your nose up Vezran's tush. In the long run you had good instincts but if you delete it kind of makes it all moot. Kudos for always being there and recovering regardless of the dangers. Good character.

Battle: Hated killing villagers cause I know what it's like. I'd take small risks and get down to about 250 hps when raiding at the destructor sometimes. Almost got me killed once but in general villagers weren't a major threat. Exception: The time when I got stunned in my pit off of eastern with Del and Acaga. Acaga you saved my life because you were thirsting, all my shields had just dropped. Lots of good fights in defending, and in some of those I was lucky to survive.
Tinfalan - Liked fighting you. Sneaky bastard that you are. Well done and you were a good berserker.
Acaga - A good villager. Didn't interact much at all so... good luck.
Iborenn - Thought you were a good defender/villager. Though like I said only in three's and four's or at the destructor was it rough fighting you guys. Good luck.
Tonri - Stealing little bastard. Well done, and be careful when you're out there scouting, you never know when there might be quicksand waiting.;)
Liurnya - I said it under your death thread. Tough fighter, good villager considering it was your first. The village at least 'used' to be the best in my eyes.

Empire: I'll never make an imperial. I hate the whole cabal concept as a player. On that note however, most of my imperials became anathema and they were pre the return of Empire and mostly blades so we were treated like dirt. I really think the imperials imms must not watch you guys a ton, which is why it's good Grurk is one of your imms now. IF they do and I'm mistaken I'm surprised more of you aren't cast out.
Urog - You had balls. You were never more than a nuisance but you were good at avoiding death and stealing from me left and right. Unfortunately you're an imperial so it's hard to give you any respect, at least in character.
Shanta - That one time you got a blackjack through my shield of flames had me expecting to die. With you, Jhishesh and Blitzenturt I'm surprised I escaped. Again, hard to give you any kind of kudos in character.
Lothorectred - You were the antithesis of Corilanth. You became first and hid for weeks. Then logged on only when lots of other imperials were around. You're gradually growing braver but if I were an imm or emperor in empire you'd have been anathema long ago. Good luck.
Jhishesh - Fun fights. You ran fast. Generally I knew you wouldn't be knocking unless you had someone else with you. Good luck with what's next.
Ceiekalak - (spellcheck) Your title is amusing. Just a reminder, it's bad form to quit out when someone is attacking your guild guard.
Blitzenturt - You hit hard. Beyond that our interactions were limited. You would raid the fortress alone against one or more defenders but never the Chasm if I was around, without others. I understand you have limited interaction with those whom you appoint but your choices have been wanting. Keep in mind, you fall into the category of ragers really with regard to the trouble meter. That time on eastern, I liked fighting the whole group of you. I left because Lothorectred was just going to keep fleeing and trying to cast forget on me so staying would have been stupid. Had he had the sense to simply curse me you all probably would have gotten me. That's a beginner's lesson in fighting tactics so you see why I think your choices are less than well thought out. Good luck.

Outlander: Not sure about that cabal. I've toyed with the idea of making one but...
Tjok - No more axes for you. Sorry. Good luck.
Arisnus - Was fun fighting you briefly. Maybe in another life.

Fortress: I've already spoke to Golron in his thread...others.
Lariya - You're the toughest paladin I've fought. You keep your head and fight well with good tactics. You should be around to tutor the other paladins in the fortress.
Rouchevien - Didn't think much of you. Recall camping isn't 'brave or honorable'. It gets the job done, no one is arguing that, but it's weak. That being said, had you not done that I wouldn't have enjoyed that time I buffetted you to death as much either. You need to be around more or delete. Good luck.
Elsworth - Had a few talks, would have liked to have persued them. Good luck.

Independants:
Kak - You have no idea how rewarding it was to kill you those two times with Krollos and Yakrov. That being said, it was only rewarding because you were so good at robbing me and avoiding getting killed. Good luck and good thief. In character Aytak hated you primarily because you frustrated him.
Raja - Not sure if you're a herald. Was fun chatting and dropping off trinkets. Aytak was far too paranoid and felt the clock ticking to sit still for long in the Inn and chat with anyone. Honestly that's partially the fault of the player behind him. Ever since age was first instituted on CF it's rough for me to feel like I have time to chit chat and rp when my character is effectively dying. Only when I've been a cabal leader or such and age is less a factor has this not been the case. Sorry for that and good luck.

Ok I'll shaddup now. Was a fun ride. To the Imms, as always great work, great game. If it weren't I wouldn't have a renewed interest in joining in the efforts.
Peace,

Aytak, Jugyheim, Daerkshyn, Hyshrawr and others...

PS: Dameond being Crenshaw was a blast from the past. Sorry that I killed you for your final death Cren. Or if things work out for you in real life, you're welcome. ;)
31558, In-group bias
Posted by Lothorectred on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We say the same thing about you guys. And the others say the same thing about both of us. It's false, but it strengthens bonds between our groups as we struggle against the foul, cheating .
All I can do is say you are wrong, and I have plenty of logs to prove that.
As far as the me being a moron and only getting one curse off on you, yeah. My bad, I hadn't had any large group combat for 4 days and was rusty.

You sure were tart-tongued in your goodbyes dude, peace.
31560, Hrmm
Actually it wasn't my intent to call you a moron. That was a reflection on Blitzenturt not you. As far as the hitting mummy and not being on, I played alot during that time and you were be on briefly if at all. Obviously it worked for you, Corilanth is gone and you're still around, but as a character you suffer by comparison to Corilanth. I'm not sure what I said about group bias. I know what I see and granted I don't see everything. Blitzenturt gets held to a higher standard because like Golron he was willing in some cases to go after foes solo whether raiding or not.

What I find ironic is that you say it's a group vrs group bias and I agree it draws those in either group closer, but to define a group. A high point among the scion member awake wise is 4. High point for Empire is more about 5 or 6 with three being about minimum save for occasionally. In general I spent most of my time alone. I didn't cast any group aspersions so I'm kind of unsure what you mean about both of us thinking the same of eachother.

I've seen Lothorectred online once where Blitzenturt or Urog or some others weren't around for an extended period. I didn't say you're still like that I said you're growing braver. Not sure how that was tart-tongued, but I can't control someone's perception of what I write. And large group combat doesn't fit, considering it was four or five on one with me being the one but yup, it happens.
Good luck,
Aytak
31562, Twisted perceptions
Posted by Lothorectred on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Actually it wasn't my intent to call you a moron. That was a reflection on Blitzenturt not you.

I was calling myself a moron. Only trying to curse you once was stupid in hindsight.

>As far as the hitting mummy and not being on, I played alot during that time and you were be on briefly if at all. Obviously it worked for you, Corilanth is gone and you're still around, but as a character you suffer by comparison to Corilanth.

Well, look at it this way. I have no memory of you whatsoever back then. None at all.
AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED, YOU DID NOT EXIST
It would be safe to say we had different playing hours and didn't see eachother much, and I have plenty of logs of me being on at 3-4 am with 9 enemies and no Imperials in sight for hours. And yes, it got me killed several times.

And just to throw it out, unrelated;
I have *TIMES TWO + 100 HOURS* as Corry
Corry burned bright and was gone
I've just kinda been here steadily glowing

>I've seen Lothorectred online once where Blitzenturt or Urog or some others weren't around for an extended period.

I'm on throughout the day, and my play times differ every few weeks. It would be safe to say Blitzenturt and Urog have the same playing times as you, so when I pop on for my after-class pre-dinner CF... I'm a wuss! :)

>And large group combat doesn't fit, considering it was four or five on one with me being the one but yup, it happens.

More proof to me that you are distorting things.
There were near equal numbers on Eastern, far more equal than 5 on 1. It was 3 or 4 to 5 I believe. I summoned you away from YOUR GROUP after failing somthing like 6 times. My reason for forgetting was my fear of the rest of the group showing up and rocking us.

And finally, about the group bias.
You say I only show up behind other Imperials.
We say some of you guys only show up around other Scions.
Fortress says some of us only show up with others of our cabal.
Ect. Ect.

Dunno why I even replied. You just seem bitter.
Bye.
31564, Ok interesting concepts

I'm perfectly willing to admit that obviously I wasn't on 24/7 so it's entirely possible I didn't see you when you were on, which like I said I can only call what I see. As for the gang stuff, you all summoned the svirf he barely escaped which left me and Dreaa, but however you'd like to call it, I was speaking in terms of who was actually ever doing the fighting.

Choosing bits and pieces of my post is a great way to allow you to address things out of context, hats off to you.

Again playing time wise that's very possible, though I've likewise been on during the day and instead of Blitz it's you, Urog, Ceiek and some others. No big deal.

I agree there are those in every cabal who appear to only log on when there are numbers etc. So true enough to one degree or another.

All caps lock and so forth aside, I voiced what there was that I've seen of Lothorectred. Even last night for the codex, you came with Urog and Keyuna and one died and the other two had to flee. I suppose you can call me bitter if that somehow assauges your conscience. For someone who is bitter I'm curious why I was so interested in trying to clarify your slant on what I'd written. This all basically goes to prove my point about you. But hey it's a game so I guess I'll just agree to disagree withyou and leave it at that.
Relax or you'll get constipated.
Aytak
31559, RE: Where to begin...
Posted by Nivek1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> Trotat - You ended up on Aytak's s***list early. Because in
>his eyes it was he and Corilanth who were always around and
>getting stuff done. Yet you had your nose up Vezran's tush. In
>the long run you had good instincts but if you delete it kind
>of makes it all moot. Kudos for always being there and
>recovering regardless of the dangers. Good character.

Yes, I did have good instincts. If you check out my role on the PBF, I had Corilanth pegged for Chancellor but had no idea how little CON he had. Vezran was my next choice. As often as I played, I'm not surprised at the number of "private" conversations I was privy too. I knew who the movers and shakers were. I am constantly wishing I didn't have to delete, but it was out of my hands.

That being said, one thing I didn't know was that I was on your sh!tlist. I thought we worked well together during a lot of the cabal fighting. I knew you were competant but it seemed to me that you just weren't that ambitious.

>Aytak, Jugyheim, Daerkshyn, Hyshrawr and others...

I liked playing with Jugynheim and Raukyr very much. Glad we could be on the same team again. Good luck on your next.

Trotat/Nivek
31561, Definine the poo list
I had some issues with trying to play Aytak. As my first Scion I didn't feel comfortable or knowledgeable enough to go for Chancellor. Had Corilanth made Chancellor, Aytak was under the impression he'd be Advisor. (whether others were as well who knows)
Aytak had an 18 charisma so I was affable in most situations or trying to be. His idea of a s***list was if you asked for shields he might not give them to you or if he did it was begrudgingly. You flittered on and off. Whenever you gave a rod to Vezran you were on it, whenever you were ready to fight or recover you were off it. I know I know I'm flakey.
Yeah I had fun with those two rangers too, though Jug was the funnest.
Peace,
Aytak
31563, Aytak was a nice Scion
Posted by Fungor. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really think so. And to my experience with Fungor, he didn't seem very evil to me. But perhaps it's just the fact that Aytak and Fungor were in friendly terms...

I'm sure that other people can attest how dark and evil he was. :D

Well... It was nice to know Aytak and have him as an IC friend. Good luck with your next!

Fungor
31566, Actually...
Yeah I'd agree with that estimate. I was only ever evil when it was an imperial or a whole gang on me. In terms of looting, it's really hard to be an evil invoker when your inventory is filled with preps. Fungor helped Aytak when he was only rank 23 by getting him a couple pieces of gear, add to that the understanding between Scion and Herald and you'd have had to do something extreme for me to want to kill you. Was fun running around with you when we did. Beware whitlewood swamp!
Take it easy,
Aytak
31567, In semi-defense
Posted by Domino on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can RP my ass off when I try... unfortunately I haven't tried since Jaerell, whom I rage-deleted because of my attitude lol. I still regret that, as he had one of those unreplicable roles that I know I should have stuck out. Anyway, I'll be back, and most likely as an assassin, if I could figure out the perfect class and come up with another of those one of a kind roles that I love getting into. Told myself I wouldn't start another character until I had something I could really get into. Anyway, thanks for the good looks.
31568, No probs

There was never any doubt that you were a deadly assassin or could get the job done. In that sense you have no worries. You just seemed a little angry at people in general on the forums so it diminished my experience with Kuraich at the time. Find your niche it would be nice to see what you do with it.
Good luck,
Aytak
31574, A rare thanks
Rolled , locked, loaded, and ready. Come back as a Scion! I don't want to have to assassinate you *smirk*

on a sidenote, there were a least two dozen times I could have taken you out for the pendant, but I always decided not to
31578, Duh

Only because I didn't consider you a threat considering we were both scion. But I hear you...
31569, Dark Muse

I'm extremely curious as to who you are. I appreciate the interactions, though I'll be honest and say it's hard to always know just 'whom' is interacting with you with respect to Immortals. I hope you were snooping those times when I showed well for myself in defending. And as an aside not till about 400 hours into Aytak did I realize how tough a scion invoker could be with abs. My loss...
Thanks,
Aytak
31582, RE: Dark Muse
Posted by Eshval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, your ending was unfortunate...log in and age-die.
I'd say you proved yourself a worthy Scion, and you appearace did wreck some havok on the enemies. I am pleased you tried a Scion after being a stick-jock for so long...nice to get a perspective on all facets. Snoop? Me? Likely...I watched you defend and retrieve every chance I had...you put on a good show. Luck on your next.

Eshval
31584, RE: Dark Muse
Didn't remember to mention it in my post, but you were cool. Very cool. For some reason it always seemed like you were watching, and that made me stick it out as long as I did. But anyway, this is Aytak's goodbye, so I'll leave it like that. I'm sure he'll agree though, that Scion needed an Imm, and you've stepped up big time in that department. I'm coming back!

(Forgot to add, that by no means is this a shot at Scion IMMs. I know Valg is superbusy in immville)
31572, RE: Where to begin...
Posted by Dreaa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, to explain a little I guess. Dreaa is by far the hardest character I have ever played because she is so much unlike me. Really, as a start, Dreaa listened to everyone, familiarized herself with the politics and Scions as a whole. As time went on she became more arrogant and by herself. All fits in the role, but she began liking you and realizing your power so relaxed and grew a bit more friendly. Become an applicant and you may or may not notice a difference in tone and comments. Anyhow. I liked Aytak a lot, during the begining I thought you were a bit timid and really didn't seem like much, but then I logged on once and you seemed like a different person. In my eyes, you just went from timid to gungho and I was impressed and always willing to travel with you. Really liked having you on our team, hope to see you again.

Dreaa
31595, Yup....

Like I mentioned in my previous post to the Dark Muse, unfortunately it took me most of Aytak's life before I realized how tough I could be with a little bit of preparation. With the both of us around there was very little that we couldn't slay, though there were still a few things. Good luck with the quests and the ceaseless cabal wars, maybe I'll see you in another form.
Aytak
31586, Oh drat.
Posted by Dremkal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The few interactions I had with you were pretty cool
from a player standpoint.

personal favorite:
striking the nightwalker and you hitting the giant
and telling me 'Do we understand each other?'
:)

damn improved invis, but that was great man.

least favorite: When I hit your pk range the first time
and once again improved invis, I never even knew you were
out there. hehe. ouch.

I was looking forward to more. Age takes us all eventually.
well not me... never me. :)
Hrm, was more but it'll have to wait until I'm dead.
Cool character from what I saw.
31596, RE: Oh drat.
Yup I remember that too. It was funny but fitting considering the circumstances. One of my near deaths was to you and another villager at the big D, fear the polearm cutoff spec. Luckily, for me at least I managed to slip out and retreat to heal. Hang in there, I know you fight and get the rough end alot but that's unfortunately what being a villager is all about 9 times out of 10. Improved invis is treasure when it works for you against some foes, and Aytak wasn't the bloodthirsty type really, so I didn't abuse it much. Unless there was a reason he generally wouldn't strike anyone who didn't ask for it.
Have fun and maybe we'll bump heads again in the near future.
Peace,
Aytak
31590, RE: Where to begin...
Posted by Iden on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Truly a sad day for us invokers. You were Iden's hero, even if you were Scion...:)

Appreciate all the advice you gave and regret not being able to learn more from you. With all the hours you were logging, was getting worried your age death was getting close... Good luck with the next.
31597, Heh
I could tell you were new, and that's one of my foibles. I can be playing someone evil who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire and if you're new to CF I'll usually put all that aside and help out with at least a few pointers. This is known as there but for the grace of countless hours spent already playing CF go I. Like all of the disclaimers say, expect to die and don't take it too hard when you first start out. I cut my teeth with a dark-elf anti-paladin and no client, countless were the times my wimpy had already kicked in while I was still trying to type cast 'lightning bolt'... that's life. The trick is to just keep on keeping on and accumulate knowledge of the areas. That's one thing that will always serve you. I'm glad I could kill some of those nasty ragers for ya, though they generally forced the issue. ;)
Take it easy,
Aytak
31592, You play way too much!
Posted by Kedewyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And you didn't even mention me... no love. I was looking back through some logs and noticed you as a lowbie in a few of them, and here you are age dying... Have fun with your next.
31598, RE: You play way too much!
Yes I do. Trust me I know this. I put 800 hours on Jugynheim before he hero immed. I am the CF binger you all fear becoming. ;) Sorry about forgetting to mention you, by the time I'd gotten done with most of the cabals I just wanted the post to be over with. I forgot some noteable others as well, like Elstratuviel.

I had fun running around with you and exploring, though near the end there was a bit of tension with regards to the Chasm, you and Aytak's perception of your ties to the empire. All of that notwithstanding I enjoyed attacking you while casting spells on other stuff. ;) Keep working on those information gathering projects so that I can weasel them out of you with a sly character or something.
Have fun,
Aytak
31628, Too late...
Posted by Kedewyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I deleted before you age died, just waiting for it to show... probally done with CF... Oh well.
31599, Ick!
Posted by Kak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done, I must say, all you seemed to do was just play around with your victims when fighting. You are very evasive, and that cost me a lot, and I mean, a lot, of time running around. The best fun I had with you was when you were getting your regular wands and I went vis outside the room, sneaked, went in and took it away right before your nose. And aye, I never really fight, I'm happy to hold on all the shinies ;). See you around, man
31613, Yup
Thieves were never really an issue except where my pockets were concerned. Invokers are a little frustrating in that you 'need' those preps but then when you've used those preps and you kill someone you can't loot much of anything. As for being evasive I think the primary form of transportation of most non-shifter mages is teleport. I was amazed that I never ended up with a teleport into instant death. *knocks on wood*
Good fun and good luck,
Aytak
31614, I enjoyed our multiple talks
Posted by Iborenn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mostly of you trying to convience me of how much I needed to kill imperials or whatever happened to be the case at the time
I never did get to enjoy any sort of revenge so I guess Iborenn will have to be happy just out living you *told you I would heh*
Enjoyed our interactions, hope to see you again.
31617, RE: I enjoyed our multiple talks
Yup, I didn't like fighting villagers if I didn't have to so I'd push you towards a common foe. You did get the best of me that one time in the frigid wastes, which was basically a timing thing. With shields only going to last a few more hours and no abs up sticking around wasn't the wise thing to do on my part so I fled. Good luck and have fun.
Aytak
31620, RE: Where to begin...
Posted by Dameond on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, Dam man I only had to hold out for a short while to be rid of you. haa haa... Well as a paladin invokers and Shamans are the hardest ones to kill, and even more so when they know what they are doing.. And don't worry about the last kill. I actually had two that day so I knew that it was time to delete just wasn't there anymore. Take it easy.. Crenshawn/Dameoond
31622, Good luck with your next
Posted by Kelin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You showed me and everybody else how insanely powerful invoker could be.

I did not really fear you but I have to admit:
You were the toughest opponent I've ever faced as Kelin by far.
With Blitz being far behind as 2nd.

Lets see:
Shields/abs/stoneform made it virtually impossible to do any real damage to you.
You hitting for ===obliterates=== with your cone of cold through resist cold and -40saves... uh made our fights rather short.
Repeated immolations made me sit in some hole for 10+ hours basically removing me from raid/defense.
Quicksand outside of chasm made re-raiding a death sentence for me.
Quicksand within Fortress - Grrrr... This is an abuse imho.

With all this - I got lucky and killed you once in Chasm and came very very close this one time in Galadon. I cursed for 5 mins when I misspelled flurry when you were convulsing and you got away.

Good luck,

-Kelin
31626, Bubble burster

Hrmm I believe you're mixing me in with Valkonian and vice versa. I never possessed the stoneform amulet and I don't remember ever getting into a fight with you outside of raids or counterraids, or that time near the palace. You did get me once within the chasm when I made a fled into a transmuter who managed to get the neuro stun on me which basically made me sit there and absorb damage.

In reality, any warrior who's willing to run unless he's in quicksand should be able to escape an invoker by himself. Likewise with the immolation, odds are that was Valkonian as I rarely used anything fire based on anyone of the fortress. And poopoo on the Imms for denying an entire element possiblity against marans. :P

I never got to kill you but without the transmuter the same was said of you. Fun fights, good luck with things.
Peace,
Aytak
31634, Ya sorry
Posted by Kelin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I reviewed my logs... It was Valkonian who gave me most
trouble.
You were not SO bad. :-)

And I did find log where Marelin and I got you.
From my August 3rd log:
================================================
[6 PM] <1152/1152hp 473mn 909mv 18593tnl> 
People near you:
(PK) Kelin                        At the Base of the Stairs
(PK) Aytak                        The Shroud of the Unspoken
(PK) Marelin                      At the Base of the Stairs

Marelin utters the words, 'gsuoculofpaieg'.
Your grip feels more firm.

You nod.

The Shroud of the Unspoken

You notice a tangle of sticky webs strung from point to point.

The ground is slick and greasy here.

[Exits: north]
     (Red Aura) The Altar of Eternal Night rests here in the
center of the room.
     (Red Aura) (Humming) A pit of eternal darkness lies
before you.
(Purple Aura) (Red Aura) A Nightwalker stands in the shadows,
breathing heavily.
(Invis) (Translucent) (Rippling Water) (Red Aura) Aytak is
here.
(Red Aura) The Archmage of Eternal Night stands before you,
grim and forboding.
(Purple Aura) (Red Aura) (White Aura) The Dark Healer keeps a
watchful eye on her Scions.
The ground in this area is slick with yellowed grease.
You carefully fly above the greasy patch.
You fail to see a sticky web until you blunder right into it.
Tendrils of the web entangle 'Vengeance', the Shining Sword,
pinning it close to your body!
You yell 'Help! I'm being attacked by the Archmage of Eternal
Night!'
Aytak yells 'Help! Kelin is bashing me!'
You become hopelessly misdirected by the rippling water around
Aytak.
The Archmage of Eternal Night has some small but disgusting
cuts. 

[6 PM] <1152/1152hp 473mn 908mv 18593tnl> 

You yell 'Help! I'm being attacked by the Nightwalker!'
cuts. 

[6 PM] <1152/1152hp 473mn 908mv 18593tnl> 
The Nightwalker's claw mauls you.
Entangled by tenacious webbing, your attack with 'Vengeance',
the Shining Sword is halted shy of the Archmage of Eternal 
Night.
Your wrath wounds the Archmage of Eternal Night.
Your wrath decimates the Archmage of Eternal Night!
Your wrath maims the Archmage of Eternal Night!
Aytak fades into existence.
You parry Aytak's punch and return an attack of your own.
Your wrath decimates Aytak!
cuts. 

[6 PM] <1128/1152hp 473mn 908mv 18593tnl> 

You get in one more shot on Aytak as he flees.
Your parting blow decimates Aytak!
Aytak leaves north.
Aytak has fled!
cuts. 

Aytak yells 'Die, Marelin, you sorcerous dog!'
cuts. 

The Dark Healer closes its eyes for a moment and nods at the
Archmage of Eternal Night.
Your wrath misses the Archmage of Eternal Night.
Your wrath mauls the Archmage of Eternal Night.
The Archmage of Eternal Night utters the words, 'yazfuz
yucandus'.
You are surrounded by a pink outline.
cuts. 

[6 PM] <1128/1152hp 473mn 908mv 18593tnl> They aren't
here.
cuts. 

[6 PM] <1128/1152hp 473mn 908mv 18593tnl> You failed to
drive the Archmage of Eternal Night.
cuts. 

Aytak has arrived.
cuts. 

cuts. 

Your wrath maims the Archmage of Eternal Night!
cuts. 

[7 PM] <1128/1152hp 473mn 908mv 18593tnl> At the Base of
the Stairs

[Exits: east south up]
(Translucent) (WANTED) Marelin is here.
You flee from combat!

[7 PM] <1128/1152hp 473mn 907mv 18593tnl> You aren't
fighting anyone.

[7 PM] <1128/1152hp 473mn 907mv 18593tnl> 

The Nightwalker has arrived.

Autosaving.
You are thirsty.

[7 PM] <1137/1152hp 473mn 909mv 18593tnl> The Shroud of
the Unspoken

You notice a tangle of sticky webs strung from point to point.

[Exits: north]
     (Red Aura) The Altar of Eternal Night rests here in the
center of the room.
     (Red Aura) (Humming) A pit of eternal darkness lies
before you.
(Red Aura) Aytak is here.
(Red Aura) The Archmage of Eternal Night stands before you,
grim and forboding.
(Purple Aura) (Red Aura) (White Aura) The Dark Healer keeps a
watchful eye on her Scions.
You fail to see a sticky web until you blunder right into it.
Tendrils of the web entangle 'Vengeance', the Shining Sword,
pinning it close to your body!
You yell 'Help! I'm being attacked by the Archmage of Eternal
Night!'
You slam into Aytak, and send him flying!
Your bash grazes Aytak.
cuts. 

[7 PM] <1137/1152hp 473mn 908mv 18593tnl> 
Aytak's hammer pendant glows briefly.
cuts. 

[7 PM] <1137/1152hp 473mn 908mv 18593tnl> 

You yell 'Help! I'm being attacked by the Nightwalker!'
The Nightwalker tears at you with its claws!
The Nightwalker's tearing claws injures you.
The Nightwalker's tearing claws mauls you.
The Nightwalker's claws tear deeply into your arms!
Your wrath devastates the Archmage of Eternal Night!
Night.
cuts. 

[7 PM] <1097/1152hp 473mn 908mv 18593tnl> 
You get in one more shot on Aytak as he flees.
Your parting blow wounds Aytak.
Aytak leaves north.
Aytak has fled!
Aytak yells 'Die, Marelin, you sorcerous dog!'
cuts. 

[7 PM] <1097/1152hp 473mn 908mv 18593tnl> 

They aren't here.
Night.
cuts. 

[7 PM] <1097/1152hp 473mn 908mv 18593tnl> They aren't
here.
cuts. 

[7 PM] <1097/1152hp 473mn 908mv 18593tnl> At the Base of
the Stairs

[Exits: east south up]
(Red Aura) (Rigid) Aytak is here, fighting Marelin.
(Translucent) (WANTED) Marelin is here, fighting Aytak.
You flee from combat!

[7 PM] <1097/1152hp 473mn 907mv 18593tnl> You aren't
fighting anyone.
Marelin yells 'Help! I'm being attacked by the Nightwalker!'
The Nightwalker's claw decimates Marelin!

[7 PM] <1097/1152hp 473mn 907mv 18593tnl> You slam into
Aytak, and send him flying!
Your bash grazes Aytak.
Aytak has a few scratches. 

[7 PM] <1097/1152hp 473mn 907mv 18593tnl> 
The Nightwalker's claw misses Marelin.
Your wrath mauls Aytak.
Your wrath mauls Aytak.
Aytak's punch injures Marelin.
Marelin's claw injures Aytak.
Aytak has some small but disgusting cuts. 

Marelin utters the words, 'izjfahiouqar eugfjshuai'.
Aytak twitches helplessly as his body is stunned by pain.
Marelin's neurological disruption hits Aytak.
Aytak has some small but disgusting cuts. 

The Nightwalker's claw devastates Marelin!
the Shining Sword is halted shy of Aytak.
Your wrath misses Aytak.
Your wrath wounds Aytak.
Aytak is covered with bleeding wounds. 

Your bash grazes Aytak.

The Nightwalker's claw mauls Marelin.
The Nightwalker lunges at Marelin with venomous fangs!
Marelin looks very ill.
Your wrath mauls Aytak.
Your wrath mauls Aytak.
Your wrath devastates Aytak!
Your wrath wounds Aytak.
Aytak's punch mauls Marelin.
Marelin's claw misses Aytak.

Marelin utters the words, 'eugszr waouq'.

Your wrath wounds Aytak.
Your wrath mauls Aytak.
Your wrath wounds Aytak.
Your wrath wounds Aytak.
Aytak dodges your wrath.
The central stone in your helm flashes brilliantly!
Aytak appears to be blinded.
Aytak is gushing blood. 

Marelin's neurological disruption grazes Aytak.
Aytak is gushing blood. 

Your bash grazes Aytak.
Aytak is gushing blood. 

[8 PM] <1097/1152hp 473mn 907mv 18593tnl> 
Your wrath mauls Aytak.
Your wrath mauls Aytak.
Your wrath wounds Aytak.
Your wrath mauls Aytak.
Marelin's claw misses Aytak.
Aytak is writhing in agony. 

Aytak is convulsing on the ground. 

You are thirsty.
You continue to bleed from your wounds.
Your bleeding MASSACRES you!
Marelin shivers and suffers.
Marelin's poison maims him!

[8 PM] <1030/1152hp 473mn 909mv 18593tnl> 
Marelin's neurological disruption grazes Aytak.

[8 PM] <1030/1152hp 473mn 909mv 18593tnl> You slam into
Your bash scratches Aytak.

The Nightwalker's claw maims Marelin!

The Nightwalker's claw maims Marelin!
Your wrath injures Aytak.
Aytak is stunned, but will probably recover.
Your wrath maims Aytak!
Aytak is DEAD!!
Aytak's eye pops out of its socket.
The Nightwalker vanishes, its binding broken.

31637, Yup...
  That was my worst defense. And prior to my learning many
barrier or shield locations. Unfortunately Merelin deleted
shortly thereafter and you'd never come around without others
so getting revenge never happened. Oh well...
31639, RE: Where to begin...
Posted by Blitz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Blitzenturt - You hit hard. Beyond that our interactions were limited. You would raid the fortress alone against one or more defenders but never the Chasm if I was around, without others. I understand you have limited interaction with those whom you appoint but your choices have been wanting. Keep in mind, you fall into the category of ragers really with regard to the trouble meter. That time on eastern, I liked fighting the whole group of you. I left because Lothorectred was just going to keep fleeing and trying to cast forget on me so staying would have been stupid. Had he had the sense to simply curse me you all probably would have gotten me. That's a beginner's lesson in fighting tactics so you see why I think your choices are less than well thought out. Good luck.

Thanks for the beginner's lesson in fighting tactics, I really needed it.

Sincerely,
Blitz
31647, RE: Where to begin...
Awh, don't be bitter. I was just explaining my reasons for berating you in character about your choices and your empire. Sorry you don't like that in Aytak's eyes it reflected poorly on you.
Laters,
Aytak
31683, Got issues?
Posted by whoah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think he was being sincere, and at the least not hostile. Whoah, it seems like you have a grudge against the world.
31684, Actually...
I took that as sarcasm on his part and I'd be surprised if I was wrong, guess you missed it.
Laters,
Aytak
31687, Now you feel my pain...
You don't kiss ass and play huggy mr. 'I love you' man for more than five seconds and all of a sudden you're "mad at the world". False assumptions piss me off, so half the time, I end up getting mad for real, even though I was chill to begin with. Blame it on mr. officer of the law.
31714, RE: Where to begin...
Posted by Blitz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bitter about getting a "beginner's" lesson on how to play a warrior? Give me a break. Plus, your berating me just put you in the group of those characters that I believe IC and OOC, are jealous of Blitz IC and OOC. Keep in mind, not all whom berate me are put in that category, I see more than 60 percent of such tells as IC roleplay. Yours? I didn't see it like that.

Laters,
Blitz.
31730, One more time...
The lesson of which I spoke, the whole inference of that portion of my post was about how casting curse as a necromancer is basic tactics for a 'necromancer'. If you didn't have such a high opinion of yourself, a character who hits hard but isn't all that much 'from an outside empire point of view' sans his powers you might have realized I wasn't ever talking about warrior tactics at all. Please get over yourself and take a little time to use your head.

As far as jealous of Blitzenturt I suppose if that somehow inflates your ego. Blitzenturt didn't show ingenuity (that I ever saw) wasn't a stellar roleplayer (that I ever saw) did command respect in that the time I jumped you without any abs you proved to me that I wouldn't ever kill you without abs. Does that equate to all I needed to kill you was abs? No, it means that in a general term if no one fled I would most likely die without using abs, however using abs you'd have died. Relax, stop feeling like you have something to prove and play the game. Did I respect Blitzenturt, yeah he was a foe to not underestimate. Did I respect his choices for leaders of the sects. Urog yes, Lothorectred no, Jhishesh yes/no, Wojif didn't interact enough with him to have an opinion of him.

In conclusion, I never said oh and as a warrior you should have poked your tongue out and hollared obscenities, I said he should have cursed me that's basic fighting 101. Checking the log he never tried to curse me he summoned, fled, returned, tried to cast forget on me, fled and I recalled. Hope that helps you with your reading comprehension difficulties.
Good luck,
Aytak
31645, Respect
Posted by Tonri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tonri had respect for Aytak, thats about as much IC as he can give. OOC, you played an invoker perfectly. Most people seemed to be fearful of you. I don't htink I was fearful, just annoyed that you always had shield of flames up. I did like pissing you off and stealing your rods, its about all I could really do sometimes. Good job, and I might make more comments later.

Tonri
31658, A reminder to you...
Posted by Ceiekalak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Its a game, sometimes things take priority and its just TIME TO GO. When that happens, I put my life before the game and I take care of my sh@t. If you put a game before real life, hey, you enjoy kiddo, have fun going places....in your head.
31677, RE: A reminder to you...
Understood with regards to real life sometimes intervenes. Timing wise I'd call bs considering I watched you sit around for a bit before I did anything but that's ok. Good luck jabbing in the future.
Aytak
31698, RE: A reminder to you...
Posted by Ceiek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No problem, next time you're out looking for a duel of sorts, and this just goes in general, try asking first, you'd be surprised how often people accept. With most of my chars, and I'm not saying its true with this one, if I'm not terribly busy I love a good fight, and so too I think does at least 70% of those who play.
31660, RE: Where to begin...
Posted by Cadothu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked your character and the last half of Cado's life you fit right in as one of his friends that he enjoyed exploring with and all that good stuff, even if your character was supposed to be some feared spell-flinging bird of prey. Thanks for everything you showed me and I hope I helped make this character enjoyable on some level.

See you around and luck on your next.
31678, RE: Where to begin...
Yup I enjoyed our interactions and exploration, even the one that ended up with all of us dying. ;) I didn't make mention of you because I'd written something up to your death thread and said most there. Take it easy.
Aytak
31682, Loved fighting alongside you
Posted by Yakrov on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You kinda seemed a little weird to me like you understood the class and spells but didn't quite know how to work it as from time to time I saw you acting? A bit more cowardly with the class then I would have been *Though I don't often keep sets for long as you saw*
Though now I realize why and it sure is freakin weird being on the other side isn't it?
Oh and our times do overlap very well, life just isnt' working with me. *Aka I have time to play just not play anything I'd get upset about dieing on*
Hope you enjoyed what little RP you did get to see from me.
31685, Was good times...
Posted by Tin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just couldn't hack it against invokers, especially not incredibaly intelligent ones like you. Well done and look forward to the future.
31686, RE: Was good times...
I wouldn't say incredibly intelligent. I'm no paragorn of invokers, but I'd like to think I learned from my mistakes when I made them.
See ya in the fields.
Aytak