Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Laelthir the Great Druid
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=31464
31464, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Laelthir the Great Druid
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Sep 29 17:49:32 2004

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Laelthir perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:35
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:83
31466, Had fun and thanks for the good time
Posted by Lael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Simply put I do not have the time, energy, or desire to even log on and play anymore. Laelthir to me was one of the most entertaining characers I ever played. Whomever empowered me first off I'd like to say thanks for sticking with me and pointing out the ways I needed to improve. The first time I prayed I was unsure what to do and considered rerolling and changing the role so I had something a bit more tangible to work with, but instead the Flame was there for me and provided me with the stern guidance and entertainment. Following no god, instead a religon you create can be very rewarding, but very difficult. I was truthfully suprised when my prayers where answered, I know that what I had Laelthir believe in was vague and confusing, but I hope I at least proved myself worthy of the time it took to interview me and such. The reason for this though is several factors. Flying around the country for training, trying to go to college, a family, and a laughable attempt at a social life are something that I value more than CF. I do not mean this in any way to be insultive towards the countless hours you Immortals put into this amazing game, nor is this me trying to take players down, instead it's priorities. Thinking about when I'd be able to log on when I'm 2000 miles from home and in a meeting is not something I need in my life right now. As for CF itself, it feels as though the mud is becoming a living thing. Constant changes are made that most people do not realize, ranging from room desriptions to changes in classes and races. These improvements do nothing more than keep the mud an amazing thing.

To the people behind the scenes- Thank you is all I have to say, for seven years now I've been entertained by complete strangers hardwork. There was only one time I ever butted heads with an Immortal on a name which was when I first started playing. Instead of telling me to change it, the Immortal showed me the helpfile, explained what the mud was about and helped me pick a new name. From there it was a blast, not only having Immortals to help your character grow in a cabal/religon, but having an immortal that is opposed to you as well. One of the fondest memories I have is when Beroxxus first emerged. He and Azuranda tormented us Sylvans, destroyed the forests, plagued every natural creature, and proceeded to power word pain anyone whom dared even slightly oppose him. All I have to say is keep up the beyond great work, and thanks.

Tjok-Sorry but in the end I was weak spirited, thank you though for you guidance. Outlander is by far more in depth and interesting than Sylvan ever was and you helped me discover much about what the Cabal was about.

To the other Outlanders- Many of you where vocal about how Tribunal would use their guards and such, to an extent I agree, it is annoying when someone whom acts like a three year old has two buff guards to help him out, but at the same time the amount of you that abuse beastcall is suprisingly high. I am not being high and mighty saying this, I used beastcall on one occasion to help myself level, and another time to save Arisnus in a tough situation, but the members that use it to get gear sickens me.

As for anyone else I fought and such, it's easy to whine about fighting alone and such, and indeed I allways remembered that I had a treant, serpent, and in some cases a beast at my disposal. Many people would not want to go against that alone, but many people would be willing to do it alone with no wards or anyone else.
31468, ORB
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On Beast Call - This is not Sylvan, I too thought that using beastcall so often was bad at first. Then I believe it was Troe had a long discussion with Lyrestion. The conclusion was a note to the whole cabal on how the only wrong way to use beast call was on another natural creature. Other than that call it whenever you want.
31470, I spoke with people on this as well
Posted by Lael on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And think about it like this (the way I think of it). The beasts lend their aid to the Outlanders, that aid is because an Outlander is fighting to restore that which was once the beasts. Using the beasts in any other way other than to bring death to your foes or saving yourself is frowned upon. The trust is broken when you use the beasts for your own greed and become no better than a Tribunal that uses guards for their own greedy purposes. Though part of it I admit is a Sylvan fan refusing to give up a view on a powerfull power.
31481, Let me clear it up.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The Outlander point of view regarding beast call is going to be different for each Outlander. The beasts see anything that assists the Outlanders in helping to restore Thar-Eris as a reason to be called. Someone who is good aligned may feel differently about endangering a beast, but that is their choice.
31649, RE: ORB
Posted by Kelara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yep. I remember the Troe thing. I learned to eat crow quite quickly.
31469, *innocent*
Posted by Grurk Muouk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were fun to watch at times.

Your welcome and good luck.

Grurk

31478, Thought a lot of Laelthir
Posted by Tjok. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fun character. Interesting religion. Personally, I agree with you and think Outlander has a lot of potential. It's just a matter of getting the ball rolling.

Good luck with interviews and school!
31650, RE: Had fun and thanks for the good time
Posted by Krystia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Despite few contacts, I enjoyed being able to help you from time to time. Though, as a healer, there is not as much I can do for you that you can't do for yourself, but I like to pretend I'm useful. Good luck with real life and your next character when you come back (they ALL come back).
31652, So true
Posted by kas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And by the way, had a blast with the few, it was tough for me to get up to your range in the end (I had a habit of attacking groupmates that offended me) but still enjoyed them as well. As for being usefull a healers aid is the type of thing most people don't mind! and yep they do all come back.