Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Muarghat Dhavrenson the Champion of Battlefields
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=30978
30978, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Muarghat Dhavrenson the Champion of Battlefields
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Sep 14 15:50:03 2004

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Muarghat perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:46
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:182
30985, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Muarghat Dhavrenson the Champion of Battlefields
Posted by Muarghat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd probably be flattering myself if I expected a giant thread, but thanks to those of you who did/will respond :). Muarghat was an experiment in frustration. I was so impressed with Grogim's logs that I thought scout pole/axe was the way to go. Somewhere along the line I realized it just didn't fit my style. I would say for the majority of my fights I preformed sub-par, when I would really say I'm not quite that bad of a fighter. Oh well. I love the village, always have and always will, and it was a big kick in the stomach to have to miss the rites. I can't think of much else except that I like the direction the village is heading, and I'll definatly be back for more. Goodbyes:

Village:
Tinfalan, you were my oldest friend. It was great to run with you and know I had someone on my side who did and thought as I did. Well done, way to take an elf and make him a beastly fighter.

Acaga, wow you showed me alot. Muarghat was torn in half inside because he came to like your company, respect your knowledge and fighting, and yet knew that you were....A FIRE GIANT! Great job, keep it up as long as you can :)

Iborenn, first villager I talked to. You'll make an awesome commander...you damn drow

Tonri, great thiefly job. I'l try to use my mana more wisely

Linurya, Friliwan, Ackuol, Geenever, Gelcoa, Dilarath, keep it up!

And now the biggest bane of my existance ever, the empire:

Shanta, Blitzenturt, Wojif, Lothorectred I'll just say goodbye in a batch, because I never got to fight you alone. You have no Idea how frusterating it is to fight all you....BAH. Oh well, I guess your doing your job.

Jhishesh, great job as high priest. You probably frusterated me more than anyone, I think I bruised my desk pounding it a couple times. Sorry about snapping that one time with the comment. You (as a player) deserved better. Well done.

Anstril, I enjoyed being friends with you. You too, Nakashtie. Everone else, keep up the good work.
Muarghat Dhavrenson, aka
Thent, Senimar, Zalennon, Delebrinduil, Bardock, Davrin and Dorthorn.
Im at Treebeard55 any time
30986, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Muarghat Dhavrenson the Champion of Battlefields
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Picked on you a bit with Atengsul, my last conjurer. I thought you were a newbie when you asked how you did after each fight. You actually fought well though, and had you been the one hunting me, and me not being prepared...I woulda been dead for sure. Ill try to find some logs, I think I got one of you being gaunted, and one of me getting you in drow city with some others...

Nice job anyhow.
30988, Noooooooo......
Posted by Liurnya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a feeling this was coming somehow, especially after our bad run today when we both got schooled... Anyway I enjoyed your company and i'll be even harder up now to find a good travelling companion. Play a dwarf or felar next so you won't have to worry about that damn whirlpool!!!
Good luck with your next.
30993, FALSE: a heavily edited log
Posted by Lothorectred on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I engage you solo, with no one else in sight.

You flee from combat!

<1223/1269hp 770/1050mana 647/651mvs 26000tnl> s
at
An open clearing in the
slaughtering grounds

Muarghat is here.

<1223/1269hp 770/1050mana 646/651mvs 26000tnl> Muarghat yells 'Die,
Lothorectred, you sorcerous dog!'
Muarghat's legs buckle, and he suddenly slumps to the ground and sleeps.

SNIP
Muarghat arrives suddenly.
SNIP
Shanta responds to my report of you being slept.
You say 'Let me have him'
Someone whispers 'All yours'
SNIP

<1269/1269hp 181/1050mana 651/651mvs 26000tnl> zap mu
You zap Muarghat with an opal
wand.
Muarghat yells 'Help! Someone just zapped me!'
Muarghat is already moving as slowly as possible.

<1269/1269hp 181/1050mana 651/651mvs 26000tnl> dra
t
{targ}={muarghat}
> order all close nMuarghat yells 'Help someone is attacking me!'
Wow....what a rush!
Your energy drain grazes Muarghat.
Muarghat is covered with bleeding wounds.

<1274/1269hp 146/1050mana 651/651mvs 26000tnl>
Muarghat's punch EVISCERATES you!
You parry Muarghat's punch.
Your slice decimates Muarghat!
Your slice decimates Muarghat!
A zombie of an elite storm giant soldier's punch MUTILATES Muarghat!
A zombie of an elite storm giant soldier's punch EVISCERATES Muarghat!
Muarghat is gushing blood.

<1228/1269hp 146/1050mana 651/651mvs 26000tnl>

A zombie of an elite storm giant soldier's punch maims Muarghat!
Muarghat's punch devastates you!
Your slice maims Muarghat!
Your slice devastates Muarghat!
Muarghat is writhing in agony.

<1198/1269hp 146/1050mana 651/651mvs 26000tnl>

<1198/1269hp 146/1050mana 651/651mvs 26000tnl>
Your slice devastates Muarghat!
Muarghat is DEAD!!
Muarghat's arm is sliced from his dead body.

Not a big deal, though.
Good game bro.
30994, Yeah, I remembered this once I saw your post...
You made a good necromancer. I knew it was prudent for you to fight as you did, so no hard feelings, it was just frusterating. Thanks for the fights.
Treebeard
31014, Mana boy!
Posted by Tonri on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey,
Its always fun to see younger ragers try to keep all their powers up and running, just ot hve to sleep not long after because they wasted themselves out. Storm giants even more so. Its a lesson I learned early with Tonri, just keep up the most necessary and be ready with the other. When you are a Defender this gets even harder! Anyway, I liked you a lot, you were always willing to try stuff, and the (Con Loss) shows it. Not that you did a bad job, but we walked into a few situations where winning was a twinkle and losing was a spotlight. You never gave up though, thats what counts

Tonri
31031, Ug
Posted by Iborenn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you where going to impress me =P
Heh, #### happens or atleast you step in it a hell of a lot.
Hope to see in again.
31036, Thanks for the note!
Posted by Dremkal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was hoping to see you more, I keep ending up carrying
around a maul of the titans too heavy for me to use.
was hoping to see if you could :) oh well they are long
gone anyway.
Liked what I saw of you. See you next time around.
30983, Frownie, my oldest brother has gone down.
Posted by Tinfalan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I started ranking with muarghat in the teen levels, I go and get my cable cut off and you die while I'm gone. hrmph. Well I thought you were a brave soldier, hope you enjoyed the char and it was always nice to have a fellow lightwalker about. Hope you enjoy your next char, latez.
30987, RE: Frownie, my oldest brother has gone down.
Posted by ackuol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
take it easy man, I saw from the way you played you didn't dig the char, I hope your next meshes with you more. Later

ackuol
30981, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Muarghat Dhavrenson the Champion of Battlefields
Posted by Jhishesh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I loved the Muarghat character. Other than one thing you said once, I thought you were an excellent example of a villager. You would fight, you would die, you would keep on. You would come and defend even if you knew you'd die, and you would rarely if ever just hide when you had at least a small chance of success. I'm sure you hated my guts for killing you those several times, and one or two of those times I felt a bit badly when I saw how little you had on you, but there is no ic reason to just let you go, once you've refused the oath again.

The one thing that I thought was a bit beneath you was when you called me a coward for fleeing one step away (you were unable to move I think) to heal a bit then stepped back to you and finished you. As a warrior, and not just a regular warrior but one of thera's supposed finest, you seemed not to want to recognize that retreat for a moment, for whatever reason, is not just un-cowardly, but smart. If you were a polespec warrior and kept retreating to force another fighter to suck up charge set after charge set, would you think you were being a coward? Hardly.

But other than that one comment after that one fight, I the player thought you did a very good job at being a villager. Good luck and all that stuff.
30979, You put up the good fight.
Posted by Jinroh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will give you much props for putting up a good fight. Its always good to have a good aligned in the village to create a new perspective. Thanks for putting in the time to play a rager. Its always a tough road, and you stuck to it. Good luck with your next one.
30980, Thanks...
Thank you for the feedback, its props from you guys that keep me coming back for more (punushment in this case). Muarghat hada great respect for Jinroh besides the normal villager-immortal role; he saw great conflict with you being a duergar and yet honorable and standing for what he himself believed. Thanks again, and I'll post some complete good byes in another post when I get a chance.
Muarghat Dhavrenson
30982, I always thought an evil would be harder.
Posted by Someone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As an evil, you have marans and such after you in addition to normal enemies like empire and scions. Maybe even outlanders will hunt you if you are a duergar.
31019, Being hunted by maran
Posted by Theerkla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
is nothing in comparison to losing your specs because you got turned neutral, a line any good good-aligned villager has to precariously tapdance.