Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Choranek TumbleTongue the Chattering Cherub of the Maiden
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=30807
30807, (AUTO) [None] Choranek TumbleTongue the Chattering Cherub of the Maiden
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Sep 7 13:53:34 2004

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Choranek perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:798
30876, SadSadSad!YesIndeed!
Posted by Choranek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have no idea where to start here, and as usual not a lot of time.
My life has just been upside-down this past month or so. I'll spare you to gory details, but both my girlfriend and I got very sick with Viral Meningitis, she more than I. So lots of time in the hospital and then looking after her as she recovered.

I had a horrible feeling in my gut when I saw Choranek was gone, it was similar, but just an iota of the one I got when I thought I might lose the girl I love. This has been a time of finding out what is important in life.

Anyway. Huge thankyous to everyone whom I interacted with in my long CF career. The Imm-staff: Valg, Thrak, Amaranthe, Blach, Phalem, Sebeok, Khas..hell all of you. Thank you. For you in mortal land who bitch one way or the other about this and that, let me say you really, really have no idea how hard these guys work, how much of their heart and soul they pour into this game (yes Valg has a soul).

There are too many people to list, in too many guises and incarnations that I have met in my time since my first character to even think of listing and saying good-bye to, so I won't try.

I'll just say so long.....for now. =0)
30894, Good luck
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Real life does happen. Unfortunately in your case it has been on the tough side. I really liked the character as a player. Your talking in character would leave me winded.

I am sure if you had been able to keep the tenacity you had as a mortal, you would have done just fine as an immortal. With everything that you have been going through though, it is easy to see why that wasn't possible. Good luck with getting back on your feet.
30898, Well done..
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Never got to interact alot with your character. Just picked on you when you was a mortal with my svirf conjie. Denzibah. Had some fun fights though....long time ago. Good luck in what ever..

30899, RE: SadSadSad!YesIndeed!
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go, kiddo, and sorry about all the difficulties you've been going through lately. Hopefully we'll see you back at CF eventually!

30946, Thanks boss
and a special thank you for all our interactions both mortal and Imms. So many times I was crying tears I was laughing so hard. So got Chors role so well, even things I hadn't actually put into the Role you picked up on. I remember also being completely blow anway when I interacted with your Trib Paladin when I was Riatsila.
I'll be back at some point, and I'm sure there will be another Covenite in the offing!
30900, Remember Phraenduell? That was way back at the begining...
Posted by dwimmerling on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember when you were a mortal I considered you one of the coolest people I interacted with. I was pulling for you to be the high priest of the maiden when I deleted, and well you kind of toppped it.

Cool imm, cool character, gonna miss you. That meningitis is scary stuff.

Dwimmerling/Phraenduell
30945, Remember Phraenduell? I remember him well
It was you and Blach that set me on the path to Sylvan, at the time I hadn't planned on going for a cabal. Chor was supposed to be an eternal, always curious, always upbeat. We had some good chats Phraen and Chor.
30903, Good luck
Posted by Thrak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I enjoyed trying to work with you, good luck and I hope you are feeling better.
30851, Why?
Posted by Tichniktil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damnit man! Why?

Was a blast. You were always a pleasure to be around, even when things were going a bit.. sour.

We did pull a few rabbits out of our asses during some lean times, as well.

Well done. Hope you can still enjoy the game, as you helped me enjoy it quite a bit in your time. Was hoping you'd take up Outlander.

Tichniktil, Eschkitzko
30834, RE: (AUTO) [None] Choranek TumbleTongue the Chattering Cherub of the Maiden
Posted by Perma-Sylvan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ack! As a perma-Sylvan character, I always loved hanging around Choranek. I think I helped you get a lot of your earlier ranks. Sad to see you auto like that...
30818, A real shame
Posted by Blobqirt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn you. You were always such a champ when I knew you as Akrangol, and I was so happy that you immed (that and at least I got to kill you once with Drialger :P) I echo what Kas said, you made people want to do better, and made them enjoy what they were doing so much more.

Good luck with whatever gets brought your way.

Blobqirt
30810, A shame
Posted by kas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The funnest person to be around was the perfect way to describe Choranek. Allways full of life, had an esay that wasn't idiotic, and a great teacher. You inspired many sylvans not just myself to make more of ourselves and work towards eutopia. Not much else I can say but great job and luck on your next.