Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Liateo Teran the Unspoken Name, Enforcer of Dagdan
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=30773
30773, (DELETED) [SCION] Liateo Teran the Unspoken Name, Enforcer of Dagdan
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Sep 6 03:20:40 2004

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Liateo perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:thief
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:201
30788, Embrace the Night
Posted by Liateo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What to say? I have written a number of these over the past eight years but they seem to be getting shorter and shorter every time. I had a fun time; I can never escape this game. Unfortunately, I will be applying to Medical School/Dental School this year so I can not devote any more time to this game. I have learned a lot over the year and won’t ever forget the relationships I formed and or lost because I killed you…Joe.

As for some comments and goodbyes:

Scion is both a great and not so great cabal. It is great because you know those who are in the cabal are competent. However, those members also know that they are competent and usually do things alone or permagrouped. It is not unless you are needed for something that you all called upon, which is raid/defend and/or die just so someone can get something for themselves. Ironically, most of the time I played, there would be no scions on...and I would be alone nearly my whole session. I do see great things from the new Scion Immortal...I wish just I had more time to devote in order to find out what is in store for the Chasm.

As for the Mortals of Carrion Fields, I have met many of you, liked some of you…Hated most of you. No one really has a concept of role-playing. Making a fire giant axe spec and picking sphere death and mass pking people then yelling in grunt is not RP. When you make a character, write a role…make a plan, THEN pick a race/class to go alone with it. Pick unique characteristics and try to RP them out. See if anyone will notice the subtle quarks of you character. You may just get a title and or be recognized and get immortal interaction. No one took the time to figure out Liateo...but if I told you now, you could see it crystal clear.

I know that many people felt that I was useless. I know that many of you felt that I just ganged people. I won’t disagree with any claim that you put against me. All I have to say is roll a Dagdan thief and try to PK anyone alone. Sure it can be done, with hours of preparations and/or pet healers. But any fair one on one fight against a thug thief; the thief will lose or the foe will get away. I tried to get the thieves guild council up and running, unfortuantlly, no one else took it seriously. This game needs active participation which is lacking in the Role-playing department. Everyone expects rewards but never want to write a note to start the ball rolling. People just care about the moment and never look into the future fun that can occur…Open your eyes everyone!

That’s all for now.

I will respond to any personal comments you have reguarding myself as a person or the history of Liateo Teran the Unspoken Name, Enforcer of Dagdan.
30790, RE: Embrace the Night
Posted by Catastrophic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I haven't played for almost a year now, so I have no idea who you were.(Though the name Liateo does ring some bells) However, I just wanted to say that I agree with many of your comments. Especially the one about people not putting the effort into things that can happen in the future, which can lead to great experiences. And also the comment about people caring only about "The Moment".

Anyway, sounds like you had a pretty decent character. Good luck.
30796, RE: Embrace the Night
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
::All I have to say is roll a Dagdan thief and try to PK anyone alone.

If you've been playing CF for eight years and can't pk with a thug thief maybe PKing isn't your thing.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.
30804, RE: Embrace the Night
It isn't my thing.

Never was, never will be.
30805, RE: Embrace the Night
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ok, i just wanted to clear up that there's nothing wrong with PKing with thug thieves. It's probably the easiest class to pk with and your problems stemmed from whatever inabilities you seemed to have as opposed to that of the class.

Cheers.
Jhyrb.
30775, You go out to party ONE night...
Posted by Calheil on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and come back to see everyone's deleted. Enjoyed having you at my back in intra-Guild politics, especially with those certain matters with gnomes. Even if you weren't always around too heavily. Hope you come back soon, and keep in mind, Hamsah Mu'tazz is always recruiting!
30789, RE: You go out to party ONE night...
I wish more thieves acted like you. You stuck to your guns and never held back. I wish you luck with recruiting...you are going to need it.

~Liateo