Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marelin Fharanas the High Wizard of the Arcane
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=30323
30323, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Marelin Fharanas the High Wizard of the Arcane
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Aug 21 11:53:47 2004

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Marelin perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:220
30335, One of the many reasons I hate transmuters
Posted by Krelissa on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Putting neuro with any other class pretty much owned me all the time when I was in Empire. And when it was both you and Lekerjey that once...I think I survived that with like 10hp remaining:P. In any case, I met you from both sides and I would say you were much funner as an ally. Toodles.

Krelissa
30329, Farewell and thanks for the dried warg
Posted by Marelin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well well... so I'm here then. First off I should say I'm sorry, Marelin didn't turn out the way I wanted as in that I couldn't keep him going. I more or less just sat there one day and it was as if all the steam had gone out. On the other hand, Marelin was a success in other ways as I accomplished what I sought to do more or less. I wanted to try out transmuters and see how they fare and at the same time see if I could make Maran without being another warrior or paladin :P
Transmuters as a class is a very powerful one in the right hands. I didn't try out every trick in the book, I did some pretty big mistakes but on the whole I believe I managed to be at least a severe annoyance in the wars. I fell in love with Duo dimension early on and got to curse at it plenty as well before getting used to it. Overall I was positively surprised by the capabilities of the class, I thought it would be much harder to pull off than it felt like after a while (once I got into thinking as a mage again after a string of melee-oriented characters at least :P ).

Fighting-wise I often found myself in a group though I did fight solo as well. One of the more entertaining times I had was during a defense with me against Quevea and Jornada where they left after a healthy dose of the overpowered fumble-spell. Even though I never managed to grab their weapons they still left after a while and I afforded myself a good chuckle :D
A transmuter can hold his own pretty well with just his own protections, but (somewhat unfortunately) it's with a full set of a/b/s when the real fun starts. Those coupled with malleability gave me a very big longevity in combat.

Ah well, on to the farewells, there are a few despite Marelin being relatively short-lived for me.

IMMS
Whomever appointed me Maran, a big thank you, it gave me a very good boost for me to continue. Sadly, I couldn't make it last, sorry.

To the one who involved me in that little scuffle in Balator with the young imperials and Jaragh, thanks a bunch, it was a very nice change of pace.

FORTRESS

Celebrimbor - Thanks for the induction, I hope I didn't disappoint too much. Hasting you and the other heroes in preparation for a raid was a big ole bitch before I was able to group with you.

Audriel - A very nice character that I've had the pleasure to speak with on a few occasions now. You brought about a much needed balance in the Fortress with your preaching of more peaceful ways.

Menon - My first real friend. We came a long way together and could stir up quite the mess if we really wanted to ;) Marelin never thought to follow your strict tenets on order, but played along as long as it didn't contradicted what he saw as the true way to go about things.

Brordaran - A great friend to have in the Fort, we had a lot of good battles and interactions together and I was bummed to see you delete.

Lekerjey - Thank you a bunch for the things you showed me, I still kick myself for not taking my time and forcing you to sit down and talk more transmutery stuff over with me.

Golron - Keep trucking Marshall, the Fort needs you to spearhead battles even though dwarves still smell icky ;)

Ryldain - A competent paladin who I liked traveling a lot on the few occasions that we did. You were a ranking beast on the mount, with me there to soften those skeletons up it just turned unreal :D

Lariya - I know elves can be long lived, but... as long as you can kick around some imperials I'm happy!

The rest - I was glad to see a new crop of Acolytes up and coming and for those of you hoping to be appointed with either Acolyte or Maran I just offer the advice to keep trucking, it'll come eventually if you're doing your thing right.

SCION

You were mostly a factor during the later parts of Marelin's life but proved to be an annoyance even so.

Trotat - Alone against me I honestly can't say it was much of a battle as you were beneath me in ranks the times we fought and it played a huge factor. And that time I went up against the three of you by the chasm and got earthbound... had you continued to trip me instead of trying to circle stab you all would've had me.

Krollos - Damn right it was arrogance that time you got me by the chasm. That - and barrier falling right after the fight starts because you took so damn long in showing up ;)

D-something dark elf transmuter - I was highly annoyed that time you got me outside the chasm, other than that transmuter on transmuter fights are like russian roulette, whoever lands the first loaded neuro wins.

Corilanth - Congratulations on the mummy-thing, you had a rough path to walk.

EMPIRE

My main foes mostly. Some good foes, some I'll not mention due to it would just lead to the filtering of the boards to kick in and you'd see some huge amounts of #####'s.

BLADES

Blitzenturt - Charging the transmuter and beating on him is -not- considered a nice thing to do by the transmuter.

Wojif - We had some good battles. That time you came to the fort alone twice and escaped twice had me kicking myself for not getting you.

Vandryn - At times I almost fell sorry for you. We fought from the late 30's up to hero-ranks and I tended to target you first if I could as I knew you'd be relatively easy to chase off or kill.

Jalecan - A pox on you and those damn daggers. Fear my pugil hitting for decimates!

BLACKS

Lothorectred - Catching you unprepared or unaware was always a hoot.

Various A-P's I fought through the ranks - Deafen is a very icky thing for a transmuter, I only met one whom really utilized this against me, mostly the others of you tried to just bash me instead.

DIVINE

Quevea - Words can not put down my feelings regarding the impact you and the ever-cursed black shroud had on the wars and to some extent logons from less scrupulous imperials.

Krelissa - I'll put you here as it was here I first met you. I was very glad when I heard the news of you leaving the empire. We met that day long ago in Balator, after that we had some good fights and later on I tried to befriend you as best as I could though I never could tell if I succeeded.

SHADOW

Jordathikor - The only one I ever managed to kill with pugil.

Never fought any of you much though I believe.

OTHERS

Kak - Kakie huh! Boy did it feel good to have you around, keep on trucking, you're doing the goodies a great favor with your presence in the wars and scuffles.

Derafhac - A good friend to have even if you did conduct some shady business indeed.

Twynker - My bestest little svirfneblin friend I think. You were the one who kept Marelin from abandoning the svirfneblin race totally more or less with your ever-ready-to-beat-down-imperials-attitude, it was good times.

That's all I can remember for now. If you think I forgot anyone out there, holler up and I'll try to respond.

Toots

Marelin
30330, RE: Farewell and thanks for the dried warg
Posted by Audriel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember vividly speaking with you in Azreth when you were a wee lad, along with Menon. It was a pleasure recommending you and watching you grow into one of the more powerful marans. From what I saw, this was a great character with solid RP and PK. Will miss ya!
30334, Cool charactor
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Got to interact a bit with you with Ror and liked what I saw. You were one of the 'cool marans/squires' in a big hoard of tools....

Killed you once with Atengsul, but never saw you around much as you were probably playing less as your interest waned. Would have liked to fight you more, as you know your stuff and could give anyone a fight.

Cya
30376, RE: Farewell and thanks for the dried warg
Posted by Trotat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>
>Trotat - Alone against me I honestly can't say it was much of
>a battle as you were beneath me in ranks the times we fought
>and it played a huge factor. And that time I went up against
>the three of you by the chasm and got earthbound... had you
>continued to trip me instead of trying to circle stab you all
>would've had me.

No way. We had dispelled everything that could be dispelled so your damage redux was still up. You weren't taking much damage in melee and I think you fled on a missed cheapshot (hey, there are bound to be some) rather than a circle. If I did circle, well then, that's a sign of my impatience. In retrospect, I should have energy drained you and let you sit there until your barrier wore off - you weren't going very far.

That time you got me at the nightwaker was disgusting. I should have started with a dirt kick or something. Or gone out to the bar rather than login.

Good character - I was scared of you.

Trotat