Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zontoya the Knight of the Glade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=30137
30137, (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zontoya the Knight of the Glade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Aug 15 10:04:39 2004

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Zontoya perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:116
30141, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zontoya the Knight of the Glade
Posted by Zontoya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Figure I'll post a few comments on the char. since I really only about leaving last time....

Still trying to work out the whole paypal not liking my CC #, so as soon as I can I'll get him on the PB.

Overall, this was my favorite character to have played. Third ranger, first past level 32. Had a lot of fun playing him. Sometimes it does get lonley sitting around in the woods, but then again if I got lonely I just went and picked a fight. Third hero range character of mine, first being a Nexus Warrior. I was lost playing him, and rarely ventured out on my own--learned a few things. Second was a Herald Bard, so I never really got any type of fighting exp at this level. So, I will have to say this is the first solo/hunting character in the hero levels I've had. Learned quite a few new strategies and tactics, and also learned how to run and hide. Got to where I could get pretty much anywhere I needed to blind (especially since the cure blindness preps I used NEVER worked once.) Also learned a few prep locations along the way. Explored quite a bit with Zontoya, and even though rangers aren't quite the explorers bards are, it was still a good time.

Outlander is a great cabal and I believe have a good chance at getting better IF people would actually log in more often. The only other person I saw with any real consistancy would have been Psyrel. Other than that there were quite a few lonely hours waiting for the, what seemed like, 17 tribunals to log off in order to retrieve. I won't be one to lie. Retrieving from the Captain with any more than one Tribunal one was hell...Especially with the gnome healer duo about. Althrsis was intimidating to me as well, especially after the two fights we had. One I was lucky enough to be in the wilds and cower away with camo. The other being in Galadon and I royally got the butt of that one. All in all though, I'm not gonna complain about how much this sucks or that sucks...I knew what was what before I sent my missive to Outlander, and frankly I liked being the "underdog". As far as Empire was concerned, I hunted you and I remember us having the codex a few times and you all retrieving, but other than that you never seemed to raid. Not sure what the line on that was...

To the dark whispers, who I now know as Amaranthe. Your interactions were great. It really gave me a sense of pride with this character and made me really want to do something with it. I have them logged, and I am sure I will enjoy reading them in the future. I won't commment on the discussions since they were rather shocking to me (as the player). Fun though. Quite fun. Really went along with the role I had.

Speaking of roles, my role as an insane (sorta) cannibalistic being was something I at times thought was a little over the edge. Other times I really got into it. Would like to hear feedback on any that read it though, as I thought it went in quite a different direction then what I have in the past.

To the Imms in general...this was quite a fun and interesting ride. Thanks again for sure an enjoyable experience. Hopefully when I finish my degree ( I am now 25 by the way, and this is long overdue of being completed.) I'll have a job that allows me to send CF a good chunk of change.

In closing, I'll say a few things on regrets I had with this character. One, I feel like I ranked up too quickly. One day I was level 30 and it seemed like the next day I was doing who PK's and starting to find heroes in range. Wish I would have spent more time learning to use the skills I had a little better. Two, I wish I knew more about gearing for strength. One boneshatter/kote/kan and I was as worthless as anything. Well those and that damned shaman commune wither. Don't think ther is much to do about -20+ strength loss though. Quite tough. Third, I am starting to regret deleting. Outlander needs a Nightreaver, and I wish I would have stuck it out. Not to imply I would have gotten it, but I feel I had a good chance. As far as the game itself...no real complaints, all in all I feel like everything was pretty well balanced....and things I thought were too hard to overcome, i.e. Shamans, I stayed the hell away from.

To all the skill perfecters out there: I never spammed practiced anything*, and all the things I needed were perfected by forty. Granted camp wasn't and harvest, but how bad does one need that to be perfected. It just kills me to see people trying to perfect skills moreso than enjoying the character. Just look at the picture in the long run...If you have any thought on heroing, there is no need to sit around and beat the keyboard. It all comes naturally.
*- This is for tame. I found a way to perfect it in less than 10 mins, and at the time had nothing better to do.

Well, I'm outta here. Hopefully I can find some time to set aside every week to still log in now and then and play.

Zontoya, Guerrqu, Juamaniquo...and a few others here and there...
30142, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zontoya the Knight of the Glade
Posted by Jaded Ranger on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked Zontoya. That sticks out the most. I'd say rangers only need to spam a few skills to be effective: Camouflage, Creep. I'm one to perfect as much as I can that's easy to do. Tame is one of those, and I'm sure you saw some payoff on having that done. It also has alot of uses up at the hero level. The rest of your skills, I will agree, just come to you through use.

When I was first meeting Zontoya, I wasn't expecting what I found. I was expecting a goodie sylvan-esque ranger. That's before I knew you were outlander, too. I proceeded to determine you had to be evil. Then all of a sudden, windwalk. Oh, so you're an outlander. Nice. I enjoyed the time we had together alot, really. It's a shame you didn't stick with it, but I'm sure the reasons were many. As for preps, don't be afraid to ask people for help. I'm a player who will toss people a bone (IC) if they seem to merit the help. There are others out there, trust me, because I've bumped into some of them in the fields. Rangers have some really mean ways to get prepped up to the T, which would have probably helped you to avoid alot of frustration.

I'll be looking for your next one in the fields, man.
-JR
30144, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Zontoya the Knight of the Glade
Posted by Zontoya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ah yes, camo and creep. Two I forgot about....

About prep locations too....I knew a couple of stoneskin, detect invis, frenzy and haste. Few curative ones also. That was about it. I just didn't know a way (as an evil) to ask for help finding those things. The ones I have found so far have been by chance, but I get some sense of accomplishment in doing such. Heh, I never got lore past 75% so I had quite a time quaffing various potions to see what they would do.
Man it was rough a few of those times.

And, if you are who I think you are,(One of only two rangers I traveled with.)then, yes, the feeling is mutual. A few good times.