Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Imperial Shadow Lord
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=30134
30134, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Imperial Shadow Lord
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Aug 15 06:43:51 2004

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Laes perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:581
30350, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyam...
Posted by Laes on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry it took me so long to write a farewell note. I've been offered a very good position in a major company, so went to a vacation before a start of the new job. I couldn't play for a week, and I won't have much time in the nearest future, so I decided to take a break from CF and to delete Laes. I enjoyed the character very much. I created Laes to try out the new Empire. I was almost sure I'll become a Shadow Lord, but I surely didn't expect to receive it so early (level 37, 73 hours). I am satisfied I remained in this position for 500 hours :-) I sure wanted to become an Emperor, but it just wasn't meant to happen. Every time council gathered to choose a new emperor, there always was someone better than me. No hard feelings about this, I am not sure I would have enjoyed emperor position anyway.

Laes was sphere Concealment, so he usually tried to conceal his true intentions to make people see things his way. I often used opportunities to make people think I do favor to them when it cost me nothing or I actually benefited from this. Laes really cared only about himself, so loyalty to Empire was a part of my job to make sure I keep control over the allies and the powers. I've made a few really shady alliances which include, but are not limited to: alliance with a leader of Battle when our cabals were at war, alliance with a Scion hero in the same situation and grouping with a paladin (I don't know how did he get away with this). I guess it was okay for a Shadow to make such alliances, and I felt really good when such cooperation brought fruits (I assassinated Jyslin and Elstratuviel this way). All in all, I think I did a very good job as an imperial diplomat while keeping true to my ideals.

Immortals
---------

Hey guys, was I really so ordinary? Okay, I can understand I received no special title (though I think my 165 kills most of which were solo should have given me a chance), but no last name when everybody and their mother run around with one almost gave me inferiority complex. Only one message managed to save me from it: "You've perfected assassinate!" (I think that was another chance to get a title). Alright, enough whining on my part :-)

Zulghinlour: regarding your only immortal comment: your "late night" may be other people's midday. Not only americans play CF. Just a point to consider. Other than that, very good job on designing the cabal, it's damn good.

Khasotholas: I felt you didn't like me at first, or maybe it was a part of your roleplaying to nag me directly and indirectly. Anyway, I felt your constant pressure and strived to become better, which surely was a good thing. In my older days I think you've even appreciated my efforts, or maybe I'm just dreaming :-) Anyway, very good job. Every cabal needs an immortal who actually runs it, and you've excelled at this. Thank you for not rushing to displace me
and trying to do it with mortal hands instead. You gave me a chance and I used it well.

Sevarecan: man, why lizard? You've been very friendly (not sure it's a good thing for an imperial), and you advanced through the ranks quickly. I miss you.

Emperors
--------

Yanacek: you were the only emperor whom I called "My Emperor". While I was loyal to all emperors, you were the one who promoted me and entrusted me a position of power. Your PK skill was just amazing - you've had alot of tricks in your sleeve. Much respect.

Grottimgesh: brilliant tactician and formidable warrior. To age-die as a warrior with 6 PK losses means something.

Blitzenturt: you are very cool in all aspects of the game. You were one of the few whose company I really enjoyed. If only you shouldn't have had lead me to death a few times :-) Two thumbs up.

Shadow
------

Very good utility powers, an excellent sect concept and a few nice little differencies made my Shadow carrier enjoyable.

Thrydrn: the first shadow to admire. Very interesting character. I wonder why I have been chosen over you.

Carrick: excellent shadow. I am sorry your attempt to unseat me went not so well. I am sure you could have done better.

Yleggo: your attempt to overthrow me was so clumsy that it was painful to watch. Actually, at that moment I didn't mind much to be betrayed, as I started to feel guilty I am holding leader position for too long. But you did everything to convince me that you are the worst candidate for this position.

Sinnria: you were very promising. At first I was confused by your battlefield Death Angel message, but then when I was told what happened I couldn't hold a laugh :-) That was cruel.

Akannia: haven't seen you for ages. I hope you didn't delete.

Saayase: patience and determination, and you'll figure it all out.

Urog: I've said it all to you in game, so I'll just repeat: good luck.

Other shadows: sorry I don't remember you all. Why you haven't ranked to hero is beyond me. While immortals were probably considering replacing me, they surely weren't going to make level 30 a Shadow Lord instead.

Divine
------

Njaal: my nemesis. Supported by the most active immortal in the cabal, you were a fierce opponent in a political struggle for the Throne. You've made me to do my best to remain in my position.

Quevea: excellent character. Priestess which actively preaches her religion and does a very good job as an imperial healer is guaranteed a bright future. A shame you deleted, I was almost sure you'll be the next Emperor.

Zhenzar: deadly shaman. Was fun running along with you in my young years when I was still learning.

Talabrina: amazingly efficient healer. You never seemed to run out of mana. Thank you for showing me interesting places.

Zauttevre: a good balance of a good Khasotholas priest and an efficient healer. A shame you've deleted so unexpectedly, or I could have been appointed an Emperor ;-)

Blade
-----

A truly powerful sect, alot of good solid warriors (which I rarely grouped with, except for raiding purposes).

Drudental: I liked you. You did well in PK, and often fought alone, no matter what they say. Perhaps you should play closer to your role, and everything will be fine.

Wojif: No offense, but I think you did better as an Elite Blade than as a WarMaster.

Argrodohm: you've learned much with time. Well done.

Vilkins, Hafizar: skilled offensive-oriented bards, with you I always felt safe.

Black
-----

I think I have had good relations with all spectres. We usually were no use for each other, so I don't think we've ever grouped.

Arcanes
-------

Dahrozirn, Hashok, Parilon, Drakazar, Vivinxa, Brosshal: skilled and certainly useful, your spells were always a great asset.

Battle
------

Jinroh: a great character. Our relations were far from generic and linear. I think it was a good example of how two evils could go along.

Iborenn: able and cunning warrior, you did a very good job at evading your foes and landing deadly counterattacks where your comrades failed.

Ranak, Adgrizn: always up for a good fight.

Xaden: you really shouldn't be that careless.

Kraethal: liked your attempt to convert me.

Outlander
---------

Massie: a very formidable foe. You've came up from behind a few times surprising us and causing much damage.

Malkhar: that was painful. A shame I never had a chance to do the same to you in my domain.

Rindlebiln: no one can call you a coward, that's for sure. I still can't figure out how you always had 5-6 pieces of equipment and 3-4 barrier rods. When I played my invoker, barrier was a rare wonder for me.

Tribunal
--------

Lochzan: very good job on sticking with being turned evil. Impressive.

Traba: my good gnome, your company was always a pleasure.

Odrirg: still haven't figured out why you attacked me, but killing you was satisfying.

Fortess
-------

Lariya: that time I attacked you and wimpied the next round still makes me shiver. I really wished to assassinate you.

Nhiala: another skilled elven paladin. Good job with killing me that time when I got cocky and decided to raid 1 vs. 1. I overspammed exactly one "flee". It was painful to re-read the log. Good luck with immortal affairs.

Rouchevien: a very skilled paladin. Just something irked me about your logins and logouts. I am not sure what it is, but maybe exactly this stops you from becoming a true Beacon of Light? Somehow I see a player behind the character instead of a character. Or maybe it's just me.

Golron: a great combination of dwarven fortitude and leader constitution. I bet you really wanted to finally get me.

Lekerjey: very good job with killing me one on one AND leaving my things including money. A good-aligned character showing mercy? Wait, this cannot be true! Temble, Team Evil (TM), actually roleplaying acolytes are coming.

Elstratuviel: a potent bard. I've got you back that time ;-)

Menon, Celebrimor, Brordaran: strong paladins, not afraid of challenges.

Scion
-----

Diiafd: an interesting character. I am sorry I ganged you that time in Arkham, but I couldn't let Drokk to get away with attacking ranking imperials, and you ahppened to be near him.

Drokk: impressive job.

Gahletrikah: well done catching me off-guard. Deletion probably was no the worst move on your part, since I wasn't going to let you get away with it.

Jyslin: you were amazingly arrogant. Just what I should have expected from a drow priestess.

Zavin: I am proud I got you that time when you've had all protections and my MASSACRES were reduced to hits.

Uncaballed goodies and neutrals who always happily went with fortess to raid but never came to defend: you spoiled gameplay for me.

I am sorry if I forgot you, one year and 600 hours is damn long time. I won't be playing for some time. I'm not sure I'll have a Windows or a Solaris machine, but you can always reach me at b_ivanovsky@yahoo.com .

Calessin
30351, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyam...
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Zulghinlour: regarding your only immortal comment: your "late
>night" may be other people's midday. Not only americans play
>CF. Just a point to consider. Other than that, very good job
>on designing the cabal, it's damn good.

I've considered it, but that doesn't change the fact that a majority of folks play from the US (or those timezones) and that it would be an easy political play to say you are never around and oust you from power. Of course...finding someone worthy to oust you is another thing entirely :)
30353, I always wanted to kill you damnit
Posted by Iborenn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You where as fearsome as I would think a shadowlord should be, I was always asking people if you where on =)
To bad you didn't want to go with my plan =P
Have fun see you agains in the future *addictive isn't it?*
30359, Logins and Logouts
Posted by Rouchevien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

If you are implying that I login and logout depending on my pk range and am a "fair weather" player, I can only give you player assurances that this is not the case. It may seem so for a number of reasons, 1. I tend to logon just before going to work, and am not from the US. So I'm usually on for about an hour or so before I need to go. 2. If I do tend to logoff, it's when there are no enemies to chase and I want to do something else, not because there are too many enemies.
30384, RE: Logins and Logouts
Posted by Laes on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No, I meant totally different thing. You were by no means a fair weather player, and you often went against odds. However, I noticed you often logging in after certain characters did in less than 3 minutes, and sometimes logging off in about 20 minutes after logging in . Of course, I wouldn't give a damn about all that if you were less skilled than you actually are, or played at different times. I know majority of players does that, and I surely don't mean to attack you for that. Higher skill sets higher standards, that's all I wanted to say. I am in no position to narrate you, and I have no desire to. You were certainly the most dangerous paladin I've ever fought (besides Lariya, whose "deathfullness" was beyond my comprehension.
30389, Honestly..

I have never done that either. I would be curious to know who's logins and logouts I followed. I think when we play on opposite sides, and are constantly doing where pks and who pks, we remember the disappearances that affect us more than those which do not. I think the same accusation is laid against imperials (Though I have not noticed you, but then, I hardly ever see you) and vice versa. SOmetimes it's done, sometimes its not.

Thank you for the praise. You were certainly the most dangerous assassin I've fought, (besides padgett, who was just as ridiculous)
30391, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyam...
Posted by Nhiala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You must be the luckiest assassin ever. The two times you assassinated me you couldn't have had more than 3 or 4 stalks. I don't recall you ever missing. Actually, I don't think any assassin ever missed an assassination on me- as a class you were 3 for 3. (Unless I'm just exhibiting selective memory.)

I liked Laes, from what little we interacted, but then again I have a soft spot for lone wolf type characters. Congrats on the new job opportunity. Do come back if time permits.
30395, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyam...
Posted by Talabrina on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Zhenzar: deadly shaman. Was fun running along with you in my young years when I was still learning.

Yeah, i enjoyed it as well... :)

>Talabrina: amazingly efficient healer. You never seemed to run out of mana. Thank you for showing me interesting places

Nope, mana isnt a drow healers bane... :) And with a troll amulet and nap, one tick was all it took for 600 mana regain... :)

As for showing you places, i like travelling, but - solving quests has not allways been where i have my strength, so sometimes i find someone "worthy" and show them a place or two and hope that they discover things i havent... ;)

As i said in my other note to you, i liked you, and the fact that you stayed in the seat for as long as you did say quite a bit...

Take care, and good luck...

Zhenzar, Talabrina, Drakazar, Zargu, and one more ... :)

30731, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyam...
Posted by Talabrina on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, ws browsing old logs when i found this.. :)

Talabrina the Protector of Faith, Imperial Priestess
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level : 51 Sex : female Race : dark-elf
Ethos : Orderly Align : Evil Class : healer
Practices: 7 Trains : 0 Hometown : Arkham
Exp : 592259 To Level : 21741 Sphere : Order
Hit Point: 784 /841 Mana : 1369 /1695 Move : 678 /695

Perhaps now you see why i rarely had a mana problem.. ;)

30396, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyam...
Posted by Khasotholas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm glad you realized that I was looking to replace you, but wasn't going to do it myself. I didn't think you had enough presence at first, or that the shadow was strong enough. None of the nincompoops who tried could do it, and eventually I actually began to like the job you were doing.

I kept waiting for your role, which I found interesting, to make its way into your roleplay. I think I saw a glimpse of it only once. Would have been interesting to see more of that.

Good long lived character, and good luck with the next.

Khas
30508, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyam...
Posted by Sgralnaoc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Time for a late reply. You were sick, I hope you know, but you made alot of mistakes at times that I just wondered what the hell had gotten into you. Say like me knowing you were in the Weald stalking me and me sitting in cave, yes, spamming bash to wait for you to walk in. You fell quick and I figured you would never show because it was a nearly impossible situation. That said, and looking at the logs you did post today on Dio's, I got you a few times and it always seemed to be I overpowered you insanely when I did get you. Good luck and such and such.
30572, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyam...
Posted by Khasotholas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I swear I never stalked you in the Weald, and I'm pretty sure you never pked me. While you may be overpowered, I'm seriously overpowered.

Khas
30608, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyam...
Posted by Sgralnaoc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yes yes, I'm sorry Khaso, I was at school when I wrote that and didn't know where I was posting it, it was supposed to be to Laes. I hope that your overpoweredness can forgive my intrusion. *wink*
30440, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyam...
Posted by Sev the Lizard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>Sevarecan: man, why lizard? You've been very friendly (not
>sure it's a good thing for an imperial), and you advanced
>through the ranks quickly. I miss you.

*nuzzle* *scamper*

30560, What you said is the truth.
Posted by Jinroh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Empire was never a "true" enemy and when we could work together to eliminate a true enemy, it was a golden moment. Poor Jyslin. I always enjoyed our fights because we ended up breaking each other up so much it was usually a stalemate, unless of course you had haste, then I had to run like a little girl. Good luck with your next and Laes was a great character.
30225, I was just scared of you
Posted by Psyrel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I fought you once with Psyrel, defending... I remember combat starting, you throwing a kick, and me dead. I couldnt remember why your name rung a bell of fear in my mind.. then you generously showed me a reminder of a veteran well played assassin.

Nice job
30161, great character, have known you with many shadows, congrats
Posted by many shadows on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
post a goodbye note ?
30147, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Imperial Shadow Lord
Posted by Zargu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Noooo.... :)

Damn i interacted with Laes for so many chars... ;) You did well in many cases, i know some will say that you did a poor job, but when you get to keep the position for as long you did, you must have done something well... ;)

Take care,

Zhenzar, Drakazar, Talabrina and a few others...
30146, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Imperial Shadow Lord
Posted by Menon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were one of the true hardcore imperials, always kicking it. No matter the odds. My hat is off to you.
30140, You did some amazing things
Posted by kas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fought against you and with you. In the end I decided I liked with you better.
30138, One char on your side the rest against you and always a pleasure.
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nicely done.
30136, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Laes the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu, Imperial Shadow Lord

Well played.
30135, A kickass char
Posted by Drokk1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had the pleasure of interacting with you with a few
characters. Very well done sums up neatly my impressions of you.