Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Anyldor the Grand Master of Artistry, Negligent of Duty
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=29730
29730, (DELETED) [None] Anyldor the Grand Master of Artistry, Negligent of Duty
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jul 30 05:08:33 2004

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Anyldor perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:220
29754, RE: (DELETED) [None] Anyldor the Grand Master of Artist...
Posted by Anyldor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Okay, I had high hopes for this character and was enjoying myself no end. I was intending it to be a cheerful elf which most of you seemed to get ,I like that. The big event you all talk about was being thrown out of the fortress, I was the last one to show up and we did not hold the orb, no one else was interested in regaining it, I felt that my character was more of a supporter for others who had the drive to do something, so was waiting for that someone to show his head. Okay perhaps I waited too long, fine, I get thrown out, okay even, but after all I did to attempt to prove that I deserved a second chance with no response, I grew disheartened and started to get bored, I believe I deserved a second chance. Once that happened Anyldor was not going to last much longer.

Many thanks to all of you who made this character so much fun, Soniel (keep it up, I love that 'Stabby' warrior :-) ), Lekerjey (Our conversations and the time we spent meant a lot), Tirhasdrah, Audriel (Thanks for the encouraging words and your faith in me) and many others I just cannot remember right now, sorry I just could not stick it out.
29762, The retrieval thing
Posted by Audriel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First of all, this was a very good character with a unique take on Arvam's religion. I was very happy to bring you into the cabal and still stand by that. You knew your RP and PK. As you said, you were a bit passive. At least now you know that once the orb is gone, it's time for Acolyte to go on the offensive. It was probably my fault for failing to let all the scribes know that, although to become an Acolyte you should be proactive and driven.

Second, from many hours of experience, I can say that getting booted/chastised by Vyn is an excellent opportunity for a come back. Think of it as a quest. I have seen characters get demoted, stripped of tattoo, uninducted, and later come back with rewards for sticking it out.

True, it sucks to have that title, but what fun is it to have a character with NO hardship to overcome? At the end of the day, you really didn't lose anything but pride. You did a great job with that note, and maybe if you kept going you would have come back as an ACOLYTE (not just a scribe). I know it is frustrating, but that sort of thing is what makes CF interesting.
29770, RE: The retrieval thing
Posted by What I see on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If he's outnumbered and bound to not succeed, it'll probably either be:

a) Try to retrieve, die, try again until someone logs on.
b) Try to retrieve, die, get praised for effort.

Seriously, that looks to be a job for a Maran.
29772, Who said they were outnumbered? nt
Posted by Vlad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
29773, Take note the 'If'
Posted by nt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
29752, Happy-go-lucky elf
Posted by Soniel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I always saw you as this. I hope I'm not wrong. Although, when you were kicked out of the Fort I think a little of that attitude left you. I enjoyed all our ventures, sometimes just killing stuff for the fun of it. I should thank you for helping me hero too, thanks a bunch.

You'll be dearly missed.

Nighty night.
29750, RE: (DELETED) [None] Anyldor the Grand Master of Artistry, Negligent of Duty
Posted by Lekerjey on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Anyldor's way of thinking. That time I was talking to you, the scribe, I was impressed by the way you answered. You were very knowledgeable area-wise as well, showed me quite a few things :) I don't understand why you couldn't get back in?
29731, RE: (DELETED) [None] Anyldor the Grand Master of Artistry, Negligent of Duty
Posted by Tirshasdrah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I take it from the title, that they never let you back in.
Sorry to see you go, even though I deleted a few days ago.
The fortress missed out, when they kicked you out. I didn't
really buy into this, you must go and get yourself killed, because
you are in the fortress attitude. You were always there when people
needed you, when I did anyway, and also there when you weren't needed.
Always pleasant company.

Good luck with your next.