Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [None] Twynker the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=29032
29032, (CON LOSS) [None] Twynker the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jul 10 03:31:31 2004

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Twynker perished, never to return.
Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:324
29044, Farewell... *salute*!
Posted by Twynker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just a couple of goodbyes to the folks who made playing Twynker more than just a damage-svirf experiment and actually quite enjoyable :

GOLRON... I was the one warcrying about fighting with heart, but you were the one who really did it. Crazy naked dwarf... from what I could tell you matured really well into the position of Marshall. Honestly hope you didn't feel that badly everytime I died... I enjoyed every occasion I got to tag along, death or no.

LEKERJEY... beat ya to con-death ;) muhahaha. Bloody well done. Offensive when you needed to be, supportive when you needed to be. And friggin fearless to boot!

ROUCHEVIEN... man, you were pretty weak for a storm giant paladin. Haha, just kidding. Scary, just so, so scary.

RYLDAIN... hardly knew you, but the few times we were grouped to raid, especially the last time which was just after I'd lost my specs, you actually looked out for me, healed me, told me to get out when things got hairy. You seem like a real paladin and a nice guy. Great job.

THAKTHOM... too short-lived, you were fun to have around. Bring da business!

BLITZ... Empire seems to have more warriors than any other cabal, but for me you were the only scary one.

JORNADA... thanks for those couple of fun fights we had, one that was the closest I've ever had. You should have been the superior sword spec... duergar strength and dex, enhanced reactions which I didn't have. But I had more protections, and you had more vulns. And yeah, second legacy was chilling embrace.

LAES... we were fighting from the time Yanacek was Emperor and before you became Shadow lord. I don't believe we ever exchanged more than a few words, but that one time you assassinated me was flat out impressive. I didn't even know you were on, it was a pay back kill for you and so well done I was cheering for you even as I was running back to my corpse.

HAFIZAR... you sure knew how to make a bard a total annoyance in a group battle. well-played!

KIMIKAETH... sorry for all those times I dragged you up the Palace for the near-death / death experiences.

BLEESE... thanks for getting me the saddle bags and other stuff. Keep spreading the lurve.

OGRETS... felt bad that day we went up to the palace and you died something like 3 times. ouch!

GEENAVER... would've liked to have gotten to know you better. Hope you do well in the village. Yeah, you don't need it, but good luck at the Rites anyway!

Everyone else I spoke to, fought with, fought against... thanks, have fun.

Twynker.

29046, You scared me.
Posted by Quevea on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After that time where you came to the Palace alone with just me to defend, went to the inners and cried/flurried away 800+ hp I was constantly worried about you. Gating to you and finishing you off in Arboria was a shining achievement for me.

As Fortress lapdogs go you had a ferocious bite. Well done.
29066, RE: You scared me.

Heh. That time in Arboria... I was blind, cursed, weakened beyond belief, practically dead, wielding one sword, and had a lich on my ass... but still, well done... just showed you knew when to gate and fight, and when to make yourself scarce. When you were on at the same time as Hafizar to provide support for your warriors, trying to do anything against the Empire just seemed pretty pointless.
29051, RE: Farewell... *salute*!
Posted by Marelin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Toots little one. The few fights we had was fun I think, you were a little beast when fighting. Even though most of our conversations consisted of you telling me to haste and reduce you I had fun around you :P

I must admit that you con-dying came as a surprise, but it's one of the better ways to go if you ask me. Good luck on the next one, perhaps even make it a goodie from the start? ;)

Toots

Marelin
29065, RE: Farewell... *salute*!

Marelin! thanks for all that quickening, especially when you were younger and would throw me a fly and quickening when I passed you by.
Looks like you're the only muter left in the Fort now, hang in there... I always winced when I saw 3 or 4 Imperial warriors go straight for you in a raid... but that's just tells you how scared they are of you. You may be support, but you're lethal support :) Have fun.
29058, co rejuve Twynker
Posted by Bleese on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were scary ... never seen a harder hitting svirf, but it was always a pleasure to explore or get stuff with you. You were always willing to take on anyone ... and put a little bit too much trust in my healing skills. Sorry for the times I let you die though.

At times made me regret being strictly neutral ...

Good luck with the next and spread the love!
29059, RE: Farewell... *salute*!
Posted by Golron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damned, you were becoming a great friend of Golron's. Its a damned shame to see you go. I really did feel bad about you dying all those times, mainly because you had fine sets and would always lose them with me :P. I would have been happy if at least one of us could hold onto his clothing. heh

I still remember that first main time we got the rumbles on, both died to imperials, left with nothing, so we get the basics, hunt them down and Destroy them. I was laughing so hard that two naked warriors beat them down that bad.

You will be missed, thanks for the fun times man.

Golron
29064, RE: Farewell... *salute*!
*laugh* Yeah, I lost some very nice sets of gear with you, but that really never bothered me. You get gear to use it afterall. That time I was insisting on going up to the Palace with you, and eventually you went off alone and got yourself killed by Imperials, I think you had not just me and but also Lekerjey throwing a fit... haha. Get some more warriors into the Fort already!

29079, RE: Farewell... *salute*!
Posted by Lekerjey on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>LEKERJEY... beat ya to con-death muhahaha. Bloody well done. Offensive when you needed to be, supportive when you needed to be. And friggin fearless to boot!

Yes I was supposed to die first..what did you do?! And yeah, you got it right..she was supposed to be offensive/defensive as required. Sorry about your lousy luck with teleport potions..teleporting to Balator from the Palace once..and a few other funny stuff.

Good luck with your next!
29180, RE: Farewell... *salute*!
Posted by Laes on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have mixed feelings about you. My first meeting with you was when you, Nost, Raphenfolo and Mrewie ripped me apart. I surely wasn't happy, and I made sure to try and get a revenge. Since that, we fought many times. After some of them (warcry/flurry combo) I became really wary of you. You were dangerous without any equipment and very dangerous with good equipment. Even leaving warcry/flurry aside, one time you nearly killed me when I wasn't even tanking you, simply on ripostes! For killing me three times I hereby proclaim you The Ultimate Laes Killer :-)

Just curious, have you ever fought goodies? As a svirfneblin you are supposed to be neutral, but I always saw you with goodies only, often coming to the Palace hoping to get a kill. I don't want to throw accusations, but the whole thing looked a bit OOCish. I agree that your warcry seemed a bit out of place :-)

Laes
29204, RE: Farewell... *salute*!
>
>Just curious, have you ever fought goodies? As a svirfneblin
>you are supposed to be neutral,

I don't remember fighting or killing any goodies, but that was because no goodies ever gave me a reason to fight them. by the same token I never attacked any evils outside of Empire or Scion... the orcs, evil tribs, evil villagers I was quite happy to interact/trade/rank/travel with.
I don't buy the idea that just because you're Neutral you should actively want to kill good and evil in equal quantity. Your motivations should depend on what your reasonably Neutral RP is. I didn't fight the Empire just because they were Evil, but because they represented tyranny and subjugation. But then, since the IMMs saw fit to change my align to Good, I guess they thought my RP wasn't "reasonably Neutral" enough :)

> but I always saw you with
>goodies only, often coming to the Palace hoping to get a kill.
> I don't want to throw accusations, but the whole thing looked
>a bit OOCish. I agree that your warcry seemed a bit out of
>place :-)
>

Ironically, about an hour before I had my alignment set to good, I was grouped with an Orc to raid the Palace several times ;).
On coming to the Palace hoping to get a kill and it looking OOCish... heh, I suppose it might have seemed that way. But for the record, I only joined Fortress raiding parties if I was asked (and being friendly with many of them and a fairly well-known Imperial-hater to boot, this was often enough), or if they seemed more or less outnumbered and didn't have the Orb, in which case I would tell them to let me know when they were going up so I could help them against the "damned Imperialies!". If it seemed there were more than enough Forties on to make it a fair fight, I typically wouldn't ask to tag along... because honestly, I'd killed enough Imperials to not have to want to keep beating on the same hopelessly outnumbered ones just to make up my PKill numbers.
Once or twice, I'd join perhaps 2 Forties to retrieve, and then before we made it to the Palace, they would've rounded up 1 or 2 unaligned goodies too, and then another Fortie would log on... then things just got ugly for Empire.... until you were lucky enough to have Quevea and/or Hafizar come on that is ;)
Other times no Forties would be around, I'd happily march up to the Palace alone if the numbers against me didn't make it too stupid, or else I'd see if I could rally up 1 or 2 other Imperial-haters to go along. All said, everytime you were on, you made me just that little bit more nervous, knowing you could be stalking me at any time. You were good, and took your chances on assassinate even though you probably knew it was likely if you failed I could have killed you before you got the chance to flee. And man, did I hate those kicks of yours!

Twynker.

>Laes
29034, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Twynker the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Cadothu_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That absolutely sucks! We even finished off that big guy and got the cloak for you after you died... I wanted to tell you but it seems you died before I was able to. I didnt know anything about your char, but just wanted to say I got the cloak for you, heh.
29067, RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Twynker the Legend of the Battlefield

Hey, don't worry about it... it's the thought that counts. Have fun.