Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kelara the Baroness of Forests
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=28081
28081, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kelara the Baroness of Forests
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Jun 15 12:39:58 2004

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Kelara perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:34
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:90

28082, Good Experiment
Posted by Kelara on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The grand Outlander experiment was a success for me. I really wanted to try the new felar inherents while joining the Outlanders for the first time. All I can say is, rock on.

I am someone who typically writes a nice long role with every character I have. I didn't for this one for the reason that Kelara was a throw-away character. I learned a lot. First, the felar inherents really are truly amazing. I love rangers, despite this being only the second one I've played, and I love the Sylvans. I hadn't really known about any of the Outlander changes and how it was different from Sylvan, but shoot... it was freakin' awesome. I love the separate factions and the different way each one does its job. I love the gung-ho attitude of all its members. I love the special skills. I honestly can't see the reason for all the complaints people have had so far. However, I was a ranger, so being in nature was second nature to me. Before this, Sylvan was the only cabal I had ever joined, and I always enjoy it. Perhaps I will eventually get around to trying some of the other ones, but I'm satisfied for the nonce. Secondly, Galadon makes about the easiest raiding ground in the game, provided the law is somewhere else. I enjoyed retrieving numerous times within a day and pissing off everyone in town. It was great. I hope I made somewhat of a positive rolemodel for Outlanders. Time to create an ultra-superhero character now who will be more well thought-out.

Goodbyes:

Outlander:

Tjok - You are a beast to watch. I always enjoyed watching you rip holes through anyone that crossed your path. I loved being able to find you anywhere I went, though it was luck anyway. You'll be an awesome Harbinger. I was rooting for you the whole time.

Alynana - You were very accomodating and helpful the few times we encountered each other. Thanks for the help.

Illisza (though I don't remember if that is correct spelling) - I liked your tinge of evil. I think dark-elves in Outlander really spice everything up. Its a welcome change to outdated Sylvan mentality.

Troe - I loved your sanity-be-damned, lets-kill-everything attitude. It was inspiring at some times, but foolhardy at others. Nonetheless, you were like a ranger with the power to pop out of nowhere. I'm sure many enemies feared you for that.

Enihslum - You were like Troe-light. 1/3 less Troe than the original. I fully support you getting kicked out for receiving help from a paladin and then asking Fortress to defend the Refuge.

Others - I liked most people of the Refuge, no matter who they were. But I was inherently distrustful of anyone whom I first met.

Non-Outlander:

Fire giant Imperial - Don't remember your name, but I liked our several fights. The one time I had Arctic Fury and ambushed you was heaven, and I thought I was going to win until a couple other Imperials came to help you. Good fight. I lost my best set of equipment there.

Anyone I'm forgetting, just remind me. I tried not to make friends with anyone outside the Refuge because they usually were tied to the city.
28087, Kelara was just great.
Posted by Tjok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sorry our playing times stopped coinciding because it was refreshing to have you around. It was fun while it lasted, but the cabal is definately dimmed with your leaving.
28097, RE: Good Experiment
Posted by Vonyx on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Too bad, I liked you character alot even though we only met a few times. The reason why you didn't see what people are complaining about with Outlander is because you didn't get into hero range. That's when things get really rough for us. Good luck with your next one.
28109, RE: Good Experiment
Very true. I never got within the hero range. It seemed like a lot of the complaints were coming from the low ranks too though... Oh well. This was just the Outlander experiment. My next one will be the real thing. Thanks for the compliment, though. Coming from two of the most well-respected Outlanders, the compliments make me beam with pride. I only hope I can top it all with my next character.
28185, RE: Good Experiment
Posted by Amaranthe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very well done for an 'experimental' character. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself but sorry you didn't stick it out. I had my eye on you... ah well.
28276, RE: Good Experiment
I think you're the first immortal to ever post on one of my character deletions. Yes! Means a lot anyway... Thanks for watching. I only hope my next character merits some attention.